Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Here's a question......I have a $30 promo code, but I want to buy a console. Can I trade someone for a $75 code that didn't plan on buying a console? Meaning, are the codes unique to your account or can they be traded?[/QUOTE]
As long as the codes have not been used by either party, they can be traded. Once they are entered, they are tied to that account and can no longer be used by another account.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Here's a question......I have a $30 promo code, but I want to buy a console. Can I trade someone for a $75 code that didn't plan on buying a console? Meaning, are the codes unique to your account or can they be traded?[/QUOTE]

yes you can if both of you havent entered the codes to your account. once you do, the codes get tied to that account. but the question becomes are you going to find someone to trade with? i've seen offers of 2 x $30 plus paypal for a $75 or 3 x $30 for a $75 (the last one was a little extreme). so...

[quote name='Estebon']What is BD? Do you mean GB as in Gold Box? Also can you explain the trick further. I currently have

Scribblenauts
Zelda Spirit tracks
uncharted 2
Metroid other M

all in my gold box so help with this trick would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Blu-ray Disc.

As I understand it, you can only choose one gold pick per day IF you don't keep the original gold picks page open. In order to grab more than one, just right-click 'add to cart' and open it in a new tab/window. Finalize the order once you have all your code/coupons entered and close it. From there, you just repeat the process until you have everything you wanted ordered.

I've no idea if it really is just one per day, so I might be wrong. At any rate, I wasn't going to risk it.

why cant i add anything in my gold box to my cart. i got MS points but I cant add them. everytime I add them it just goes to a page that says my cart is empty. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Jodou']Blu-ray Disc.

As I understand it, you can only choose one gold pick per day IF you don't keep the original gold picks page open. In order to grab more than one, just right-click 'add to cart' and open it in a new tab/window. Finalize the order once you have all your code/coupons entered and close it. From there, you just repeat the process until you have everything you wanted ordered.

I've no idea if it really is just one per day, so I might be wrong. At any rate, I wasn't going to risk it.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks.

Whats weird is that in my GB page, the prices for Scribblenauts and Spirit Tracks are the same when added to the cart, but the percentage is different. In the gold box page, it says that I save 17% on Zelda and 11% on Scrib, but in the cart its changed to %13 for Zelda and 7% for Scribs. Odd.

[quote name='enufs8d']i forgot to edit the number of games that im sent in. say, i had 1 kingdom hearts on my initial lock in for the trade. and today i just sent in 2 copies. will noram credit me the difference? my initial total was $54 before changing the quantities. so i really needed to but couldnt edit the order. so i just sent it in. what do you think will happen?[/QUOTE]

Ouch - that's taking a big risk there. They may accept the second copy at the current lower value (assuming it dropped). I really don't know for sure though - you'll be the guinea pig on that one ;). I sent an order in where I didn't inlcude everything because it wouldn't let me edit it, and they just marked the ones I didn't send in as "not received". But I don't think anyone has tried sending more than 1.

I had thought they fixed the issue of not being able to edit things the last day but I was wrong. I have one not due to ship till tomorrow and it showed "shipping deadline has passed" and wouldn't let me edit it THIS AFTERNOON, a full day+ before it had to be shipped. That was really annoying. Fortunately I have another that isn't due to ship till the 27th and can use that one instead, but I'd be pretty pissed if I had gone out and done the Batman coupon thing and then not been able to edit the order the day BEFORE it had to be shipped!

[quote name='Jodou']

I've no idea if it really is just one per day, so I might be wrong. At any rate, I wasn't going to risk it.[/QUOTE]

I have ordered multiple items out of my gold box quick picks at least a few times. Sometimes it is right away but clicking multiple times on the same page but I know other times (yesterday, for example) I have come back to it several hours later in a new browser and ordered a second item. No problems!

So, I did hit up a GS to use the coupon. It felt so very wrong to buy a $60 game fully intending to return it later - and especially so considering I got such little with the 25% coupon. They didn't have the Skate 2 the web site showed, so I had to get Indiana Jones and Deca Sports to fill out my trade. I also picked up a cheap DS game just for the sake of buying three items. Heads up, though, the coupon ONLY APPLIED TO ONE ITEM! The guy had to manually adjust for the discount on the other two. As a result I got somewhat screwed over because when they manually adjust prices it does not take the Edge card discount off the full original price, so I ended up paying an extra $1 or so.

Anyway, I'll have one more trade to send in tomorrow then who knows - that may be the last one for a while.

today's tiotd is great flip from gamestop with the coupon, and even without. Too bad there aren't any near me. good luck!

Amazon Trade-In of the Day
------------------------------------

:ps3: DiRT - 17.99/16.19/11.69 --> 19.00 (+7.31)

51A9aVegaGL._SY75_.jpg

(even with just edge its still a +2.81 flip minus any taxes)

Yeah, it seems to be somewhat rare which is why I'm sure they selected it as a DotD. They seem to be better about that recently - nearly everything the last couple of weeks has consisted of harder to find stuff. Much to my surprise, even Civilization Revolution seems to be getting scarce (I somewhat regret trading my personal copy of that now!).

As for PS3 Dirt, there are all of TWO GS stores within 100 miles of me that supposedly have it, and the closest of those is 24 miles away. I'm not gonna bother with this one.

Anyway, I guess I'm glad I scrounged up enough for one more submission as nothing in the last week has looked that promising.

[quote name='Japakneez']I have used a Biederdynamic at work. Its damn good.

But you are going to have a battle with amazon trying to get coupons to apply. They show up in the game section but are still categorized as electronics. The coupons will not automatically apply to these items. The Turtle Beach is the highest premium set you can get that will apply. Check the list of games/accessories to use this coupon on in the first post.[/QUOTE]

Took 3 e-mails so far, but this is the latest from Amazon. I had tested with just the ECA coupon in my account, which didn't work as Japakneez predicted. So, do I really want this headset? Wonder if they'd do this for me twice if I decide I want 2 (unlikely). I'd still have 1 50% off coupon to burn after buying the headset. Ah choices...

I'm sorry you had trouble applying this promotion.

Please place your order and write back to us with the order number and information about the promotion. We'll apply both the promotions 50% off coupon and 10% off coupon for you.

Damn, we are running out of time... I need to use my 50% coupon soon here. I guess I'll go with the X41s though I probably won't use them that much. The other choice was the Ion drums but we have so many drums already (and my son has a real kit) that I just don't see the point. We're getting the Beatles ones too of course (from my other 50% coupon). So yeah, I guess I'll go with the headphones. It just seems like I could have found a better use for the thing which I was so excited to get (got the second one on my wife's account even though we have the same address of course - back then people didn't seem to think that would work).

If you haven't pre-order MW2 yet, I recommend getting the Prestige Edition! Get the PS3 Version so we can duke it out on CAG Nights. Just a suggestion.

[quote name='Estebon']Anyone trade in Silent Hill Experience? I don't have a "chapter list" piece of paper, will they reject it?[/QUOTE]

They rejected my copy. I went through hell to get my credit, but they still wouldn't give me the $30 code.

[quote name='io']By the way, those looking to preorder Kingdom Hearts for the DS, I just found out (the hard way) that the $5 promo code (KINGDOM5) does not stack with the $30 promo. I guess the way it works at Amazon is only one $ off coupon is allowed at once. ECA stacks since it is a percentage off, but only one discount coupon applies. Thus you can't stack the $75 system and $30 promos (I tried on the Slim and it didn't work) and apparently not even the $5 KINGDOM5 and $30 promos.

What sucked is that I'd rather not waste a $30 code in that case, but I couldn't order KH without using it once I put it in. Luckily I had Golden Sun DS in my gold box quick picks as well so I preordered that to use the $30 code and then ordered KH without it. It still was only $23.89 after gold box + ECA + KINGDOM5. Considering that's less than one of the EO trades I made last week I can live with it ;).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gi60']^Yeah.. I just found out too that I can't combine any coupon or even ECA with the $ 55 credit that the csr gave me (1 time free pass for $ 25 Tales of Abyss (cracked disc - their mistake) + $ 30 promo)

And that $55 sticks to my account, and it always applied first; probably because it's the biggest $ off.

It's my wife lucky day, I preordered the new Nikon Lens 18 - 200mm for her using all the trade-in credit + $55 + cash. Then I preordered an Uncharted with my Goldbox + ECA + $30 promo.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that's not ALWAYS true. I was able to stack the $30 code with the Batman $5 code. So don't be scared to try sometimes ;).

Item(s) Subtotal: $51.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$5.20
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$30.00

-----
Total Before Tax: $11.79
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $11.79
-----
Grand Total: $0.00

Okay that shyt is not really neccesry when you go to Ebgames.com, they spray paint the whole screen and you got to fucken wait for it to disapear

[quote name='jacknicklson']Or you can press skip and not wait...your call[/QUOTE]
I didn't see a skip when they did it to me and the damn thing froze up my work PC for about 15 seconds. GameStop continues to impress with their idiocy.

Just a reminder for the $30 code :cool:

Available Games for Pre-Order

:360: / :ps3: / :wii:

Assasin's Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
*Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 ($10 bonus)
Crackdown 2
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
Diablo 3
DJ Hero
Dragon Age Origins
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus
Forza 3
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
*Guitar Hero 5 w/Van Halen ($10 bonus AND Van Halen free after MIR)
*Halo ODST ($10 bonus)
Halo Reach
Katamari Forever
Left 4 Dead 2
Mario Galaxy 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Mass Effect 2
Metroid Other M
New Super Mario Brothers
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Rock Band Beatles
Uncharted 2

:ds:
Infinite Space
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Nostalgia
Sands of Destruction (this is a good one to get a cheap filler game with)

:psp:
Disgaea 2
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Persona

:pc:
Aion
Borderlands
Diablo III
Dragon Age Origins
Starcraft II

* indicates a pre-order bonus. See product page for details

===================================================

**UPDATED 8/17/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

Can't believe it. Only 5 more days left to use the 50% code. If you can't find something you like then check my list for a trade ;)

Got a little reminder. NEW PROMO EXPECTED ON 9/1. If you submit any normal flips (not including the Trade of the Day), then you may want to hold on to these games for the full 7 days before you mail them out. The next promo could be a good one and you may want to save your games for it.

[quote name='Japakneez']Got a little reminder. NEW PROMO EXPECTED ON 9/1. If you submit any normal flips (not including the Trade of the Day), then you may want to hold on to these games for the full 7 days before you mail them out. The next promo could be a good one and you may want to save your games for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm just a little concerned that the good/initial promos were designed to spark some interest in their trade in program. Now that it's running, I wonder if we'll start to see a steady decline in the quality of the promos (beginning with the 9/1 promo).

My trade-in that was delivered last Saturday was finally processed today. That is the longest delay I have seen for any of my trade-ins. Usually the package is received and processed on the same day or the following day.

Now to wait for the $30 promo code...

Locked in Dirt and POP both for the PS3. Now to locate 3 Dirts for the PS3 and hello slight profit plus $30 dollar coupon. I still need to use my 50% coupon. I have my potential list below:

DJ Hero (XBOX360)- looks very interesting but never played any rhythm games

Logitech Driving Force GT (PS3)- I got GTA Prologue cheap so this would be
nice. Would really like the G25 though.

SFIV TE stick (XBOX360)- Not sure if I should get this or the new Hori that is dropping in October

Rock Band Beatles (XBOX360)- looks very interesting but never played any rhythm games, but I love the Beatles!!!

COD4 Prestige Edition - Would get it but I'm going to play on PC (Hook PC gamers up IE!!!!!!!!!) Don't think I even have time to double dip although I know alot of people on my friends list will be playing.

So help me out pm me your take on my dilemma if you have a moment.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, the batman coupon has expired.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Locked in Dirt and POP both for the PS3. Now to locate 3 Dirts for the PS3 and hello slight profit plus $30 dollar coupon. I still need to use my 50% coupon. I have my potential list below:

DJ Hero (XBOX360)- looks very interesting but never played any rhythm games

Logitech Driving Force GT (PS3)- I got GTA Prologue cheap so this would be
nice. Would really like the G25 though.

SFIV TE stick (XBOX360)- Not sure if I should get this or the new Hori that is dropping in October

Rock Band Beatles (XBOX360)- looks very interesting but never played any rhythm games, but I love the Beatles!!!

COD4 Prestige Edition - Would get it but I'm going to play on PC (Hook PC gamers up IE!!!!!!!!!) Don't think I even have time to double dip although I know alot of people on my friends list will be playing.

So help me out pm me your take on my dilemma if you have a moment.[/QUOTE]

I would have COD4 Prestige at the bottom of my list. Binoculars are garbage and they are charging you $70 more just for that piece. Go with Hardened or the PC version with a $30 coupon.

I'm debating on whether or not to send in another shipment for this promo or wait it out for the next one. How long does the price hold up for in your submission area?

I really wish I didn't mess up the 50% promo. Sent one giant package instead of 5 small ones. 5 50% off would have been awesome.

The trade in value of Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories finally dropped this morning; I'd been waiting for that to happen for a while. It was $16.50 at about 2 AM last night, and is $12 now, just before noon.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a good flip for a $30 coupon using the BB buy one 360 game, get one 50% off.

GO!

[quote name='sirhansirhan']The trade in value of Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories finally dropped this morning; I'd been waiting for that to happen for a while. It was $16.50 at about 2 AM last night, and is $12 now, just before noon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was one game I was watching for a while, along with Gardening Mama DS, Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Platinum DS, because you could buy it for under $30 (using the coupon free) and trade it in for a decent return. Now I've figured out other methods of cashing in the coupons that yield a better return.

[quote name='Jodou']Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a good flip for a $30 coupon using the BB buy one 360 game, get one 50% off.

GO![/QUOTE]

That's only 25% off retail when you factor both games purchased, which isn't typically enough of a discount to find a good flip unless you want to factor the coupon into the flip, which I don't. With the top TIV on Amazon being $29 for PS3 Wolfenstein, you could buy two for $90, trade in those two for $58 with filler to get the coupon code but it's still a loss. If there are some price drops @ BB on the $27.50 TIV games that would be a better option, but none that I know of. Wolfensteins $29 TIV is for PS3 too which the BBV is only for X360 so no option there.

Anymore it seems like most flips, if they aren't the TIoTD are calibrated at 50% retail. B2G1 @ GS can usually return a profit but otherwise you have to find those diamonds in the rough.

I'll buy the 50% off code off anyone with a good trader rating and you haven't tried to use it on your account yet. Paypal. straight cash homey.

Has anyone been able to successfully use two of these on the same account?

The 50% coupon is going to expire soon and I can't find anything expensive that I want to use it on. If there's anyone here with quite a bit of feedback that wants to swap me some $30 coupons (2 or 3 of them) for the 50% off coupon, I would definitely entertain that idea.

Don't know if I missed it but for the flip post, Kingdom Hearts:CoM dropped to $12 so it's about even and minus if you include tax.

[quote name='Jodou']Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a good flip for a $30 coupon using the BB buy one 360 game, get one 50% off.

GO![/QUOTE]

Well, assuming you say, were going to buy a game anyway, for yourself, FNR4 gets $27.50 which is a loss of $6 bucks, but if you are trying to get 2 good flips, um I say forget about it.

[quote name='Estebon']Well, assuming you say, were going to buy a game anyway, for yourself, FNR4 gets $27.50 which is a loss of $6 bucks, but if you are trying to get 2 good flips, um I say forget about it.[/QUOTE]I know, but I just have this feeling that the next trade-in promotion is going to suck. Just trying to find a last ditch effort for more coupons before the end of the month.

[quote name='sirhansirhan']The trade in value of Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories finally dropped this morning; I'd been waiting for that to happen for a while. It was $16.50 at about 2 AM last night, and is $12 now, just before noon.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I just locked it for 16.50 Monday thinking that might happen. Now I just gotta collect 4. But that should be easy. [Edit] Scratch that, it looks like I locked in another a couple days before that too. :) Need 7-8, wish me luck.

Now we all need to figure out some games that we can used the Best Buy Xbox360 Buy 1 Get 1 for 50% off deal that starts 8/30 so that we can get deals locked on the 31st in case the next deal isn't as good. For me, the $30 coupon was actually the best so far, since I just buy games.

And HOLY BaJEEZus, my quick picks has a whopping 6 games today. Including Dyssidia and Halo 3: ODST. Nice!

I also have a 50% off that hasn't been applied to my account is anyone is interested, I don't really have an interest in any big ticket items. So if anyone is looking to trade PM me.

When I beat batman this week I want to flip it to amazon... anybody know when that will show as a possible trade in? I am hoping before 8/31 so I can get that $30 bonus.

[quote name='Snake2715']When I beat batman this week I want to flip it to amazon... anybody know when that will show as a possible trade in? I am hoping before 8/31 so I can get that $30 bonus.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it goes up by the 31st because I was going to buy it at GS today with some trade-in fodder, beat it, and trade it in to get the bonus.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']

So help me out pm me your take on my dilemma if you have a moment.[/QUOTE]

Go with this one. I didn't think I'd be into the music games either but I picked up a GH III bundle several months after it came out and had a lot of fun with it for a while (followed by Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and GHWT). I've sort of grown bored of them since then, so I've held off playing any GH or Rock Band for a while so I could come back refreshed for the Beatles RB. If you've never played any, though, I think it would be pretty awesome to start right up with Beatles RB. And since you'll need instruments, this is an excellent use of your 50% code. It was a no-brainer for me even though I don't need the instruments (especially the drums). With ECA you get it for $99.99 flat - can't beat that. And if you don't have an ECA membership you might as well get it for this as it pays for itself right there (and then some).

Today I'll be sending in my Battlestations Pacific and the couple of games I picked up at GS yesterday for what may very well be my last trade-in (unless the next deal is too awesome to pass up). Since I don't have any more 360 games to swap cases for (ie, switching out used cases for the new ones), I'll just send the Battlestations Pacific in sealed. I guess I can consider it a little bonus to NorAm for accepting all those copies of EO and Star Wars Lightsaber Duels a few weeks back ;). I actually sent them a sealed GBA game yesterday too. They better not have any issues with that as it is as complete as it can be that way!

[quote name='converse']Has anyone noticed anything weird with Gazelle TIV's today? Lots of movement on certain titles.[/QUOTE]

yeah i think alot of PS3 games skyrocketed cause of the price drop.. I sent in 13 and would have had an extra 30 if i had waited.

Yesterday's quick pick orders of Heavy Rain and The Last Guardian netted me God Of War III today. So that's the trick: faux pre-orders or regular purchases are paramount to successfully getting good quick picks. I've been keeping my browsing history cleared and making sure the game I'm targeting is in my recommendations. If it doesn't turn up the next day, you absolutely have to keep on it by creating new orders and canceling the old. It seems that these things have a way of stagnating quickly if you don't and it dooms you to receive water filters and equally useless MJ CDs. ;)

Jeeze. I'm afraid that my trades won't be accepted in time. Apparently UPS decided to have it held in a branch less than 30 minutes away from the delivery site for two days.

As a precaution, i've got a 50% coupon I haven't used yet. I think I might be willing to sell it or trade it off. Whatever the better offer is.

Jodou - I dunno, I haven't ordered a game on my wife's account in over a week and had crap there for a while. Now, for no apparent reason, she's had Uncharted 2 in her picks 2 days in a row. Too bad I don't want that one (have yet to play the first though I own it from my PS3 Uncharted bundle!). She also has the Age of Empires Mythology game in there and I want to get that but the Prime is on my account (and it is less than $25 so doesn't qualify for free shipping otherwise). Oh well, I'm sure it will turn up in mine. I did get Henry Hatsworth which I thought about getting but I'm holding out for it to be a DotD ;). I went on a mini-shopping spree with my overabundant credit there for a while but now I'm back to being a cheapass again. My GS credit is half what it was before this Amazon stuff started and I burned a sizeable chunk of my Amazon credit on a PS3 Slim. So I'm holding the rest back for uber-deals.

I do have MAG and Lost Planet 2 in my picks today, so I am getting PS3 games (probably because I just bought the Slim). But those are the wrong two games. I guess I could faux preorder those and hope for FF XIII and others... What is Last Guardian? Maybe I want that and don't even know it ;).

Interfeci - it doesn't matter how long UPS holds it as long as you mailed it on time. The $30 coupon will be good till the end of the year so no hurry on using that either.

The 2nd of my 2 trade ins arrived and was accepted today. I went UPS this time, because it says UPS delivery in 1-5 days. Took them 9 and 10 days to get there. Only took 7 the last time when I used the media mail option.

Anyways, now just to wait for the $30 codes so I can get my order in for GH5 while its still got the $10 coupon coming with it.

Ouch, looks like a ton of stuff dropped sometime afternoon. 800+ titles with price drops, and only 3 titles with increases. Some weren't so bad, but there's at least 30 or so titles which saw a $2 or more drop.

[quote name='io']Jodou - I dunno, I haven't ordered a game on my wife's account in over a week and had crap there for a while. Now, for no apparent reason, she's had Uncharted 2 in her picks 2 days in a row. Too bad I don't want that one (have yet to play the first though I own it from my PS3 Uncharted bundle!). She also has the Age of Empires Mythology game in there and I want to get that but the Prime is on my account (and it is less than $25 so doesn't qualify for free shipping otherwise). Oh well, I'm sure it will turn up in mine. I did get Henry Hatsworth which I thought about getting but I'm holding out for it to be a DotD ;).

I do have MAG and Lost Planet 2, so I am getting PS3 games (probably because I just bought the Slim). But those are the wrong two games. I guess I could faux preorder those and hope for FF XIII and others... What is Last Guardian? Maybe I want that and don't even know it ;).[/QUOTE]
This has been a very short-term study, so I've only been able to base results on the past week or so. Prior to that, I had a month long stint where no amount of tailoring my account would get me games like this. I'd see Wii or DS games here an there, but nothing close to what I wanted.

As for Guardian, if you've ever enjoyed Ico or Shadow of the Collossus you will want TLG. They're masterpieces in action/adventure gaming. Do yourself a favor and play the inevitable demo next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZKDfh1xhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back