Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lt Dan']TDoD is Call of Juarez for $29. Checked gamestop and theyre selling used for $19 (thats without edge or anything).

Put my orders in, now to wait till they open and check if they actually have em.[/QUOTE]

Lt. Dan, thats for the original (19 used) - the tdod is for the sequel, which is currently selling for 50.00 used at gamestops...

I am fairly certain GoW2 dropped from 22 to 13 last night while I was fiddling with my cart. Probably reflects the GoW2GOTY coming out.

Anyways...last day for the $30 bonus...

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I am fairly certain GoW2 dropped from 22 to 13 last night while I was fiddling with my cart. Probably reflects the GoW2GOTY coming out.

Anyways...last day for the $30 bonus...[/QUOTE]

GoW2 was Trade-in of the day yesterday, thats why it droped from 22 to 13 today

Well I finally locked in RB2 for 99.99 after ECA and 50% off. I also got a PS3 slim for 225 delivered on Friday.

I only made one trade, 6 games for $101 in credit. I'm so happy with my purchases I can't even remember what games they were.

Thank You CAG!

[quote name='Francinium']This is what worked for me. I wanted Uncharted 2, did all the rating etc still wasn't getting it so I went to the Uncharted 2 page and looked at the games listed under "frequently bought together". In this case Assassins Creed 2 and Ratchet And Clank.

So then I preordered Assassin's Creed 2 and two days later Uncharted 2 and other games (mostly preorders) started showing up in my quick picks. From there I did this with all the games that I wanted and now all my preorders are pretty much all set. I'd say I get video games in my gold box every 3 days now as opposed to never. The "Customers who also bought this item" section works too as I had to preorder a game from there to get Starcraft 2 in my gold box. Give it a try.

In the end you can just cancel all the games you preordered but didn't want. Worked for me anywho.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for this advice! I wasn't getting anything in my gold box and have tried other things like rating games, and nothing worked, but this did work incredibly well! I checked the page for New Super Mario Bros Wii and saw that other customers bought Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I preordered that and today I got NSMBWii as well as Bowsers Inside Story, Metroid Trilogy, Spirit Tracks and others! I've never had anything like that! I canceled SMG2 and preordered NSMBWii. Since that worked I decided to cancel my Beatles game-only preorder and now have preordered Lego Rock Band and one of the Beatles guitars, with the hope that I'll get Beatles Rock Band tommorrow.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get CS to apply the 50% off code to a G25 or G27? I called CS and talked to them about the G25 and she said she referred my request to marketing, but it will take 24-48 hours. The code expires tomorrow so I dont think they'll get back to me in time. Yeah, i know I shouldnt have procrastinated, but I recently decided to look into the G25.

Yes!! 6 sucky items in my gold box and FFXIIIvs! Of course I don't know if I want to pre-order it, I mean is it even coming out next year? I was thinking about getting whatever special edition for both that and ffxiii anyway when they get announced. I guess I can just put it down with eca and GB and cancel later if I need to, my credit is already used on the fake pre-orders I'm cancelling in a day or two anyway so I won't be tieing any of that up.

On the fake preorders (i guess even the real ones that are far off) if you don't wanna use your credit, just change the payment method to a credit card. You can always apply gift card credit later if it's a game you want. That way you have credit that you can use any time.

[quote name='Vortextk']Yes!! 6 sucky items in my gold box and FFXIIIvs! Of course I don't know if I want to pre-order it, I mean is it even coming out next year? I was thinking about getting whatever special edition for both that and ffxiii anyway when they get announced. I guess I can just put it down with eca and GB and cancel later if I need to, my credit is already used on the fake pre-orders I'm cancelling in a day or two anyway so I won't be tieing any of that up.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has been getting exclusive Final Fantasy LE's so you may want to go with them. I'm also thinking that there may be additional promos available when these games come closer to release.

[quote name='Cuksis']On the fake preorders (i guess even the real ones that are far off) if you don't wanna use your credit, just change the payment method to a credit card. You can always apply gift card credit later if it's a game you want. That way you have credit that you can use any time.[/QUOTE]

but if you want to apply ECA discount then that wont work cause that discount can not be added later without making a few calls to amazon customer service.

so all i did was make a fake preorders to hold the credit and then i used a zeroed out prepaid credit card for beatles rockband, dj hero and MW Prestige with the eca discount and 50% codes.. and best part is none of my real credit/ debit cards have holds on them for a number of days...

And yes i had to use three different amazon accounts to use the 50% which sucked.

[quote name='enufs8d']so do you guys think the next amazon promo will be better or worse than the current $30? a half full or half empty question!

i already turn in everything i had. so i wont bother locking at the last minute trick.[/QUOTE]

To be honest the $30 promo is the best one released thus far. It beats the 50% code since that one was only 1 per account. I don't know how amazon can top the $30 promo or even equal it without being totally ridiculous.

I hope they lower the trade in qualification to $50 again for their next promo. Actually, I wouldn't them extending the current promotion ;)

Don't forget tomorrow is the last day to use the 50% coupon! New trade-in promo expected on 9/1 :whee:

Pre-Order suggestions for the $30 coupon
. Last day to redeem is 12/31/09. Yes, you can pre-order 2010 games with this coupon.

:360: / :ps3: / :wii:

Assasin's Creed 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Brutal Legend
*Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 ($10 bonus)
Crackdown 2
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
DJ Hero
Dragon Age Origins
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus
Forza 3
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
*Guitar Hero 5 w/Van Halen ($10 bonus AND Van Halen free after MIR)
*Halo ODST ($10 bonus + $5 bonus with promo code: HALOODST)
Halo Reach
Katamari Forever
Left 4 Dead 2
Mario Galaxy 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Mass Effect 2
Metroid Other M
New Super Mario Brothers
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Rock Band Beatles
Tekken 6
Uncharted 2

:ds:
Infinite Space
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
Nostalgia
Sands of Destruction (this is a good one to get a cheap filler game with)

:psp:
Disgaea 2
Persona

:pc:
Aion
Borderlands
Diablo III
Dragon Age Origins
Starcraft II

* indicates a pre-order bonus. See product page for details

===================================================

**UPDATED 8/17/09**

Suggested items for the 50% off coupon. Last day to redeem is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

[quote name='Japakneez']Gamestop has been getting exclusive Final Fantasy LE's so you may want to go with them. I'm also thinking that there may be additional promos available when these games come closer to release.[/QUOTE]

Any additional promos at amazon before release are carried over though right, not just price drops?

And since when, for FF stuff at gamestop? Like newer releases(ds/psp games) or even the main series games ffx/xii? Gamestop is barely an option for me, no credit left there but a couple bucks and of course it's not like they discount new games =/

Well I ended up getting in on this deal.

Sold inFamous, CoD WaW, and a few Target clearance games I ran through for $79.25 + $30 bonus.

Anyone know if ECA works on the wired P-Bass Rock Band guitar? I may sign up for that finally

[quote name='ryanmassacre']I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO??? should i wait for the next promo or should i just go with the +30???[/QUOTE]
Easy...

Lock in the $30 promo now - you have 7 days to ship the package. Then wait until Sept 1 to see if there is a better deal. If there is a better deal, cancel the $30 trade and submit a new one.

i just bit on the beach x41 headset. Hopefully they work well with the ps3 since I don't have an xbox 360, lol.

Item(s) Subtotal: $198.49
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$99.25
Promotion Applied: -$19.85
-----
Total Before Tax: $79.39
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $67.59
----- Grand Total: $11.80

$11.80 for headphones ain't too bad.

[quote name='backseatdog']i just bit on the beach x41 headset. Hopefully they work well with the ps3 since I don't have an xbox 360, lol.

Item(s) Subtotal: $198.49
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$99.25
Promotion Applied: -$19.85
-----
Total Before Tax: $79.39
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $67.59
----- Grand Total: $11.80

$11.80 for headphones ain't too bad.[/QUOTE]

I bit on them too tonite.. I cancelled Beatles Bundle Order for this because i really dont need anymore plastic when i have two Rockband 1 sets already, one of them still brand new in box.. I am going to use a $30 promo to buy just the game tho.

I still have one 50% code left and i dont know what to blow it on within the next day..

so far for the 50% promo, i have bought
360 120gb harddrive
Wii Fit
Dj Hero (PS3)
X41 Turtle Beach Headphones

My last minute choice will be MW Prestige just to sell during the holiday season.

[quote name='backseatdog']i just bit on the beach x41 headset. Hopefully they work well with the ps3 since I don't have an xbox 360, lol.

[/QUOTE]

If you arent concerned with using the mic, the x41s will work fine with the PS3. You can use them with anything that has optical or L/R stereo plugs. You just wont be able to use the mic since they do need to plug into the xbox controller.

I've only used them for listening but so far I love them.

How long is it taking you guys to get your extra $30 codes? I had a trade for $67 applied to my account 8/24 but haven't heard squat about my extra $30.

I've got about $40 of next gen games that have their cases, manuals, etc. I also have a little over $80 worth of N64 and GB games, but I don't have the old boxes and manuals for them. Should I take the risk and try and split these into two orders of $60? Is it a rare thing for them to accept NG4 and GB games without their manuals and boxes?

[quote name='TC']How long is it taking you guys to get your extra $30 codes? I had a trade for $67 applied to my account 8/24 but haven't heard squat about my extra $30.[/QUOTE]

Read the FAQ, could take up to 10 business days or something to that effect

Just ignore people asking questions that are answered in the FAQ. Or tell them to read it if you're feeling nice. Help get them into the habit of reading the first damn page.

OK here's the deal. I have Uncharted 2 in my Gold Box today. I just pre ordered the PC version of MW2 last night with a $30 promo code. If I cancel MW2 will my promo code be reinstated instantly so I can take advantage of the Uncharted 2 Gold Box with $30 promo?

Just and FYI- I should have a promo code for some trade in's this week to use on MW2 when that trade is accepted and the code arrives.

I locked in L4D, might as well. I guess its going to drop to $30 universally and maybe a viable flip is the new coupon doesn't blow and still works with the $30 promo. Trades in for $20. Plus I got 2 20% off used games at GS coupons from jack in the box. Buy a large drink if your near one, easily worth the $2

Yes yes yes you get any coupon for anything you pre-order back in your cart. But considering the 50% expires like...right now, I'd be wary of doing that myself.

So after doing some bogus pre-orders, then locking in ffxiiivs from my goldbox yesterday(the only game to appear in it), I only got mgs peace walker today and other usual crap. It's funny, that game was in my recommendations today though it certainly wasn't yesterday or ever before that. Fixed that and can only hope again for tomorrow.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I locked in L4D, might as well. I guess its going to drop to $30 universally and maybe a viable flip is the new coupon doesn't blow and still works with the $30 promo. Trades in for $20. Plus I got 2 20% off used games at GS coupons from jack in the box. Buy a large drink if your near one, easily worth the $2[/QUOTE]

Is that a universal promotion at JitB? Might be worth a little trip, not for the food, especially if there are any GS's nearby that may have stuff I need, such as L4D, presuming the used price drops to match the new price.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is that a universal promotion at JitB? Might be worth a little trip, not for the food, especially if there are any GS's nearby that may have stuff I need, such as L4D, presuming the used price drops to match the new price.[/QUOTE]

its jitb, the coupon is a peel off one and it works at all GSs I assume. Valid for one game only, expires 10/18/09. I think the %s range from 10-50. Theres a thread somewhere on cag about it.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I locked in L4D, might as well. I guess its going to drop to $30 universally and maybe a viable flip is the new coupon doesn't blow and still works with the $30 promo.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking at the viability to flip them from BB using the buy one, get one half off. That's $29.99 + $14.99 * 1.07 = $48.13 vs $40. Now, factor this x3 and you have $144.39 vs $120 + $60. It's not a huge flip, but it is a $36 profit.

Why doesn't GameStop list this on their site so I can check their used on-hand?!

I just add this to FAQ:

The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

BTW, I just cancel my pre-order of Tekken and get the X41 today, and the 50% coupon is still OK.

[quote name='gi60']I just add this to FAQ:

BTW, I just cancel my pre-order of Tekken and get the X41 today, and the 50% coupon is still OK.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks! :D

scratch what I said about jack in the box. I stopepd by there again after I mailed my last package at UPS for the $30 deal and I ordered the same thing I got last time. Chicken sangwitch and a large coke. No peel coupon this time, I said whats up and the guy said you only get the special cup with a large drink. He gave me the good cup since I said I got it last time. Doesn't matter as I only got a 10% off. So you gotta get a large meal, so like $7 aint so good of a gamble now.

Dammit, they got my 3 packages friday and still have not given me my trade in credit. I have 4 coupons to use today (1 $75 off and 3 50% off) and not much credit to use them with. Ugh. I hope I get that credit today.

^If it's for pre-order, just place the order now. It will gives you the option to apply giftcard balance in order details later on.

[quote name='Estebon']Dammit, they got my 3 packages friday and still have not given me my trade in credit. I have 4 coupons to use today (1 $75 off and 3 50% off) and not much credit to use them with. Ugh. I hope I get that credit today.[/QUOTE]

if you are doing preorders with the coupons, you dont need the credit now, that can be added later..

[quote name='gi60']^If it's for pre-order, just place the order now. It will gives you the option to apply giftcard balance in order details later on.[/QUOTE]
You know what's damn annoying? The fact that you can't easily move credit around and ordering something without applying existing credit removes all your coupons and ECA too! Really wish they had a better system in place for distributing credit.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I locked in L4D, might as well. I guess its going to drop to $30 universally and maybe a viable flip is the new coupon doesn't blow and still works with the $30 promo. Trades in for $20.[/QUOTE]

Now down to $16. Good lock-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back