Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Any word on when this $30 credit will expire?[/QUOTE]
I believe there is a link in the first post to the offer details. Following that link and reading the exact offer will give you the answer you seek.

[quote name='basketb']I believe there is a link in the first post to the offer details. Following that link and reading the exact offer will give you the answer you seek.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I scrolled right past it thinking the OP didn't update. Guess I'm the dummy now.

[quote name='ky151']I did that earlier today and it worked on my next purchase.[/QUOTE]

really? So you used your 50% coupon that expired way back on 8/31.

I'm wondering if that makes the Forza bundle possible. That would be very nice.

[quote name='tennisfan16']It is getting a little frustrating that they haven't added guitar hero 5 yet[/QUOTE]

I agree. Maybe they are waiting for 10/02, which is the day after the Van Halen offer expires?

Hey guys, figure id post some flips like i used to now that there is a promo and some people might wanna get in on it. The coupon used is 20% off any gamecube game, no tax applied. Also recently their website prices havent been matching their in store prices lately for some reason, so some of these will be YMMV. It seems like many of these are pretty rare, and the ones that arent are YMMV, but hey, at least you guys have a starting point. good luck!

FORMAT: (System) Game - Used/Edge/Edge+Coupon --> ATIV (Profit)

:gc: Pure Evil 2-Pack - 27.99/25.19/19.59 --> 23.00 (+3.41) ... (YMMV)
:ps2: PS2 World Series of Poker - 4.99/4.49/4.49 --> 6.00 (+1.51) ... (make sure you get the one with green table and black chips. i can confirm the 4.99 price) ativ dropped to $3.50
:wii: Spectrobes: Origins - 32.99/29.69/29.69 --> 31.00 (+1.31) ... (YMMV on this one, the few GS i went to had this for 39.99 in store)
:ps2: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 22.99/20.69/20.69 --> 21.75 (+1.06) ... (YMMV as well. i saw this as 24.99 at multiple GS, at that price its like a -0.74 flip)
:ps3: SkiDoo Snowmobile Challenge - 3.99/3.59/3.59 --> 4.50 (+0.91)
:ps2: ESPN MLS Extra Time - 1.99/1.79/1.79 --> 2.50 (+0.71)
:gc: NHL Hitz 20-03 - 1.99/1.79/1.39 --> 1.75 (+0.36)
:gc: Speed Kings - 4.99/4.49/3.49 --> 3.50 (+0.01)
:wii: Arcade Zone - 19.99/17.99/17.99 --> 18.00 (+0.01)
:360: Darkest of Days - 34.99/31.49/31.49 --> 31.25 (-0.24) ... (YMMV)
:360: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - 39.99/35.99/35.99 --> 35.00 (-0.99) ... (YMMV)

Edit: ok it looks like on the gamestop website a lot of them say online price only, which would explain the YMMV. keep this in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ky151']I did that earlier today and it worked on my next purchase.[/QUOTE]

Okay. THIS DID NOT WORK. I tried to cancel my 50% off preorder today and apply it to my next order.

I lost my 50% off a game purchase coupon because I thought it would based on this post. It does not, so nobody cancel their orders with the 50% coupon. I just lost $75. fuck.

Let this be a lesson. I should've waited for more people to confirm.

[quote name='GuardianE']Okay. THIS DID NOT WORK. I tried to cancel my 50% off preorder today and apply it to my next order.

I lost my 50% off a game purchase coupon because I thought it would based on this post. It does not, so nobody cancel their orders with the 50% coupon. I just lost $75. fuck.

Let this be a lesson. I should've waited for more people to confirm.[/QUOTE]

I did it yesterday and it worked. are you sure you didnt use it on another game.

[quote name='GuardianE']Okay. THIS DID NOT WORK. I tried to cancel my 50% off preorder today and apply it to my next order.

Let this be a lesson. I should've waited for more people to confirm.[/QUOTE]

This did work for me yesterday and I just did it again and the 50% coupon was applied again. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. I think others have also confirmed this as working in the ECA thread.

I think I know why.

Amazon updated their website in the last hour and my order was canceled/reordered within that hour. All I know is that my 50% coupon is gone and that seems to be the only difference (and the expiration date, obviously). It's the same item, I've made no other purchases, and the other ECA (expired) coupons still apply.

Did you people with the 50% off read when they expired. Some expired 8/31, but some people said near the end of the promotion that they got some that expired later than that. It's quite possible they worked in September, but are expired in October.

GuardianE, your mistake was waiting until the month changed. You might still get customer service to manually fix it. Good luck.

[quote name='watcher0']GuardianE, your mistake was waiting until the month changed. You might still get customer service to manually fix it. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

That could very well be the case. I had already used up my code yesterday and so I couldn't get a new one to apply to my existing preorder.

It just seems odd that all the ECA promo seems to stay in your account indefinitely (I think I have some from a few months back... old preorders), but these don;t.

I sent my games in a few days ago and will be getting a the 30bucks off a console coupon. I may get a DSI or PS3, but if I don't Ill be willing to trade it on CAG. PM me if you are interested.

Yeah, I'd be very careful doing any promo code reapplication at the beginning of any month, even if it wasn't originally the deadline. It could be that Amazon pads those expiration dates by another month just so they don't have to deal with CS complaints a few days after expiration.

So maybe that means the older ECA codes are good through Oct and that's it.

Interesting - just got an email from Amazon saying they have a trade-in promo on DVDs. It's nothing exciting but maybe those of you with extra DVDs laying around might want to get in on it. As far as I know this is the first time they've had a trade-in deal for movies:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has shopped our Movies & TV Trade-In Store or bought bestselling DVDs in the past , you may be interested in receiving an extra $10 toward your next Blu-ray purchase when you trade in $50 worth of DVDs in our Movies & TV Trade-In Store at www.amazon.com. We have recently expanded our selection to offer over 57,000 DVDs and Blu-ray discs available for trade in. Offer valid October 1 to November 2.

I know Shrike said he traded some DVDs to Amazon recently so maybe some other CAGs will get some use out of this. I'd imagine it would take a pretty big stack of DVDs to get $50 worth though. And just getting $10 off a Blu-Ray may not be worth the hassle.

[quote name='io']I know Shrike said he traded some DVDs to Amazon recently so maybe some other CAGs will get some use out of this. I'd imagine it would take a pretty big stack of DVDs to get $50 worth though. And just getting $10 off a Blu-Ray may not be worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]
Sexy, I've been looking to unload a few.

I got 9 blu-rays off wbshop earlier when all the coupons were stacking, and a handful of others off goozex so I'm pretty happy with that collection so far but....gladiator! would be sweet. I looked around for extra dvds for this but everything trades in so crappy, .75-1.50, that I just can't find enough stuff to bother doing this. Too bad.

Last time I checked the value of my (small) DVD collection, only a handful of my DVDs were even in the system. I sent those in then. I'm going to check again to see if they have more of them now with values. I don't ever watch 'em, so I'll probably send them anything they'll take. I have no interest in buying BluRay's (neither having a BR player/PS3, nor wanting to buy movies any more anyway, just rent/stream), but I suppose I could trade the codes here.

I'm also somewhat nervously awaiting a shipment (3 copies of Mario Super Sluggers) from GameFly that needs to go out to amazon by the 6th, netting me $60 + a $30 console coupon if I get it in time/get it sent out in time. I got the shipping notice on the 30th. I hope they come through for me. In retrospect it wasn't worth it, but hopefully it will work out for me.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']awhhh man. I have been tempted to get a psp since persona came out, and later persona 3.[/QUOTE]

Same, even though I know I won't put more than 5 hours into it because I own both P3: FES and P4 and never played them.

[quote name='jraypeon']Nice find, but I can't seem to find it using the GS website... are you just calling local stores?[/QUOTE]

It's not on the website, unfortunately. You can call the store, and they can tell you what other stores have it. 917460, found 1 complete, 1 disc only, 1 missing manual. So I have only picked up 1.

[quote name='jraypeon']Nice find, but I can't seem to find it using the GS website... are you just calling local stores?[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I can't find it either. I even searched just for "Rock Band Track Pack" and, yes, I have "Show Hidden" or whatever it's called enabled, but it doesn't show up . It just isn't there. Weird.

[quote name='io']...
I know Shrike said he traded some DVDs to Amazon recently so maybe some other CAGs will get some use out of this. I'd imagine it would take a pretty big stack of DVDs to get $50 worth though. And just getting $10 off a Blu-Ray may not be worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]
This promo may not be the best. But it could be a sign of better promos to come for DVDs.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']awhhh man. I have been tempted to get a psp since persona came out, and later persona 3.[/QUOTE]

Say what? Is Persona 3 coming to the PSP? :lol: - I have yet to play my original P3 or P3 FES. Or P4...

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that I can also confirm the 50% off codes that had an expiration date of 8/31 will NOT return for use as of 10/1. I'm e-mailing CS to see if they can't apply the code anyways, so I'll report back once I know.

[quote name='io']Say what? Is Persona 3 coming to the PSP? :lol: - I have yet to play my original P3 or P3 FES. Or P4...[/QUOTE]

Lol no kidding. How old is the original p3 now? "oh man that sounds cool, can't wait to play" And here we are now...I still haven't played it.

Hope this question hasn't been asked a million times already--

Anybody know why the limited or collector's edition versions of games are sometimes worth less on trade-in than the standalone version? (e.g., xbox360 version of Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fallout 3)

[quote name='Jodou']Just wanted to give you guys the heads up that I can also confirm the 50% off codes that had an expiration date of 8/31 will NOT return for use as of 10/1. I'm e-mailing CS to see if they can't apply the code anyways, so I'll report back once I know.[/QUOTE]

so no g27?

=(

[quote name='jerfgoke']Hope this question hasn't been asked a million times already--

Anybody know why the limited or collector's edition versions of games are sometimes worth less on trade-in than the standalone version? (e.g., xbox360 version of Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fallout 3)[/QUOTE]

Most people keep the extras. Plus the tin boxes are known to damage the discs. Also, the popular games like Halo and Fallout 3 sold huge numbers of 'limited edition' versions. And people buying used games go for the cheapest one they can get, which means there's more demand for the standard edition.

[quote name='enufs8d']so no g27?

=([/QUOTE]
Heh, nah. Surprisingly, they got back to me within four hours but the CSR was an idiot. Instead of clearly reading my e-mail, he skipped to where I explained where the promotional code came from. He then somehow misconstrued that my ORDER was a TRADE-IN and told me that the promotion did not apply. He didn't even try to apply the code to my order! The best part was he told ME to read the fine print. What a prick.

Called in and they just sent it on to the promotional dept. So I fired off another e-mail removing the promotional portion and just telling them what the code is supposed to do. I'm hopeful that one out of the two e-mails will have someone competent at the other end. Even then, they may deny it anyways. Sigh.

[quote name='jerfgoke']Hope this question hasn't been asked a million times already--

Anybody know why the limited or collector's edition versions of games are sometimes worth less on trade-in than the standalone version? (e.g., xbox360 version of Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fallout 3)[/QUOTE]

I would say it's because of the bulky size and weight of many collectors editions. Much easier and cheaper to ship the standard versions.

[quote name='io']Say what? Is Persona 3 coming to the PSP? :lol: - I have yet to play my original P3 or P3 FES. Or P4...[/QUOTE]

Glad to know I'm not alone... :applause:

Gah, so my second e-mail comes back and they've compensated me $25 in lieu of the code being expired. Now, if the promotional department comes back with a 50% credit applied to the order, I'd say that is one hell of a deal! Still, I wish they'd consult me before just handing out credits because even though they don't owe me shit, I feel like I'm just being paid to fuck off rather than just apply the code.

I know for a fact that they can apply codes or promotions, so why is there such a discrepancy in results?

Hm, demon's souls is set for the 6th but still hasn't shipped. So hyped for all these new games, and nothing else comes in till the 16th because I couldn't get release day on anything else.

Anyone have suggestions for a fair price to sell the console coupon at? Half maybe?

[quote name='Vortextk']Hm, demon's souls is set for the 6th but still hasn't shipped. So hyped for all these new games, and nothing else comes in till the 16th because I couldn't get release day on anything else.

Anyone have suggestions for a fair price to sell the console coupon at? Half maybe?[/QUOTE]
I usually get release day delivery shipment notifications on the day (or evening) before release day.

[quote name='Jodou']Gah, so my second e-mail comes back and they've compensated me $25 in lieu of the code being expired. Now, if the promotional department comes back with a 50% credit applied to the order, I'd say that is one hell of a deal! Still, I wish they'd consult me before just handing out credits because even though they don't owe me shit, I feel like I'm just being paid to fuck off rather than just apply the code.

I know for a fact that they can apply codes or promotions, so why is there such a discrepancy in results?[/QUOTE]

I know what that feels like. USPS lost my 2 copies of Persona 4, worth about $54 in Amazon GC, and I talked to CS about it. They credited me that and then gave me a fairly generic reply about the promo ($50 for 50%) and credited my account with another $27 (the trade-in value of one copy of Persona 4), but not the 50% off coupon.

It's like:

"Here, have some GC to spend at our store and now, you can fuck off"

Anyways, are there currently any good GameStop to Amazon flips?

I looked at most of the TIV's for DS, PSP, 360, PS3, and Wii last night.

I'm not seeing many flips, if at all except Spectrobes Origins if you can find it.

Spectrobes Origins:

$35 Used in-store ($32.99 online-only, but none in stock.)
Edge 10% Off: -$3.50

Total: $31.50 + tax
Amazon TIV: $31.00

Assuming 6% sales tax, $33.39 cost > $31.00 trade-in flip.

If you can find two copies, $66.78 > $62.00 + $30 Console Coupon = $25.22 profit.

[quote name='enufs8d']so no g27?

=([/QUOTE]
Somebody ask for G27? :p

Anyway, I looked in the OP & on the site but couldn't find an answer to my question. You can't do 2 of these trades and have $180 towards a new system can you?

g27 was a rare option. it required a lot of work. more work than say a g25 and playseat evo combo...

but i must say that the playseats could be a little higher off the ground.

[quote name='Kandal']I haven't received a coupon yet. My trade in was accepted on Sep 28th[/QUOTE]

The codes haven't been generated yet. I tried to get one today over the phone (not because I'm impatient! I wanted to get in on the Wii deal to get that 25 dollar certificate...and it ends tonight, October 3rd).

The guy tried to help me out and get a code so I could get that GC with the Wii, but he says Amazon hasn't even begun generating the codes yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back