Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the one who sent in a package 3 days late, and yes it was accepted (and I received my console coupon.) I sent it media mail, but I doubt it matters - before I sent mine in, another person reported sending in several packages late, one something like a month late, and they accepted them all. That's what got me to send mine in.

well this is lame. i sent an order out monday, with 3 games and also the nintendo wi-fi usb connector (i bought this thing like 2 years ago before i had a wireless router, and i was surprised to see them offering $16.50 for it). the order was recieved today (technically ups says it was delivered yesterday, but i got the email from amazon today. either way that was some fast shipping).

but in the email, amazon told me they are returning the usb connector because it's missing the packaging. what kind of fuck requirement is that? who actually keeps packaging for accessories? i sent an email to amazon about it to see if maybe they'll give me the credit anyway, but that just seems stupid to me.

has anyone else sent in any accessories?

[quote name='donjuan81']might want to check the daily tracker:
http://ativ.scurker.com/tracker

a LOT of big price jumps (both positive and negative)[/QUOTE]

Good to see so many inching up (especially nice to see that Scribblenauts now trades in for more than I paid for it new), although it may be a sign that another promo isn't coming for a while. With holiday shopping season coming up you'd think they'd want to stockpile.

A couple things that jumped out at me:
- Any PS3 owners that I got in on the Wet lightning deal that now find themselves hating the game, the TIV is $33.50
- Left 4 Dead GOTY's TIV is now up to $25.00 which is only $3 lower than it costs to buy it new from Amazon (probably break even if you have an ECA code lying around)
- PS3 Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection is up to a TIV of $20. I just have a hard time believing there's that much demand for it, but there ya go.

Edit:
but in the email, amazon told me they are returning the usb connector because it's missing the packaging. what kind of fuck requirement is that?
Wow. Moreover, being mostly sold in those molded plastic enclosures, what accessory packaging _survives_ being opened to a point of being resellable?

[quote name='y2jasper']well this is lame. i sent an order out monday, with 3 games and also the nintendo wi-fi usb connector (i bought this thing like 2 years ago before i had a wireless router, and i was surprised to see them offering $16.50 for it). the order was recieved today (technically ups says it was delivered yesterday, but i got the email from amazon today. either way that was some fast shipping).

but in the email, amazon told me they are returning the usb connector because it's missing the packaging. what kind of fuck requirement is that? who actually keeps packaging for accessories? i sent an email to amazon about it to see if maybe they'll give me the credit anyway, but that just seems stupid to me.

has anyone else sent in any accessories?[/QUOTE]

I recently sent in two Wii Rechargeable Battery Packs and a Wii Wireless Sensor bar, without original packaging as they were both part of bundles, with no problem whatsoever.

I was going to send in a 360 Wireless Mic without packaging, but now it has me wondering if it's only 50/50 on packaging of accessories.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered already. I understand that if I change the quantity of an item, it changes the TIV to the current value, but does it also change the TIV of other items in the same transaction? I'm trying to cancel out a portion of my trade. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='maxnoop']Hey guys, sorry if this has been answered already. I understand that if I change the quantity of an item, it changes the TIV to the current value, but does it also change the TIV of other items in the same transaction? I'm trying to cancel out a portion of my trade. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP, not sure if it's there, but it's good advice.

If any of the items in your order have a TIV change and you edit your order, then that changed TIV will be reflected after you edit your order. It does not change anything if the TIV are the same.

[quote name='converse']Read the OP, not sure if it's there, but it's good advice.

If any of the items in your order have a TIV change and you edit your order, then that changed TIV will be reflected after you edit your order. It does not change anything if the TIV are the same.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I searched through the OP but just wanted a bit of clarification. Thanks to both of you for the quick response.

Well after numerous trades I have hit my first hiccup:

I traded in MotorStorm Pacific Rift when it was the Trade-In DotD and it was delivered on the 15th (via UPS tracking). I received an email stating it was received from Amazon on the 16th.
Now this is where is gets weird. The title of the email read "You Amazon Marketplace order xxxxxxxx has been received". I open the email expected to see the "gift card deposited" like in the past only to see the words "Not Yet Received" instead. So I got an email saying it has been received and not yet received in the same email. I call CS and no one knows what the trade-in program is and confirm they have it but dont know about the gift card and say wait a few days. So after I hang up I get an email stating that they have NOT received the item and that that is what we talked about. I am now just playing the waiting game since the Trade-In says that the gift card should be deposited within 2 days of receiving which would have been the 18th.

Has this "received" "not yet received" email happened to anyone else? If so how long did it take to get your GC after getting the email (Im at 6 days now)

Edit: Sorry for the lengthy story I did it as brief as possible.

re: "Not yet received"

I have hit a hiccup as well. Not exactly the same as you.

I mailed my games and the package was received.
4 of the 6 games were marked complete and gift card deposited.
However 2 of the games from the same box are marked "Not Yet Received" and I have received no gift card for them.

They have not been marked rejected, or returned mind you. Just Not received.
How can some items from the same box be received, and some not?

Are they lost? Stolen? Or is this their cryptic way of rejecting them? (all games were like new with box and instructions)
I am not liking this very much...

Oh and I searched amazon forums and found someone with the same issue as me:
http://www.amazon.com/tag/video gam...Thread=Tx1RJYWEAZAWBYP&displayType=tagsDetail

-Mike

[quote name='mm07']re: "Not yet received"

However 2 of the games from the same box are marked "Not Yet Received" and I have received no gift card for them.

Are they lost? Stolen? Or is this their cryptic way of rejecting them? (all games were like new with box and instructions)

http://www.amazon.com/tag/video gam...Thread=Tx1RJYWEAZAWBYP&displayType=tagsDetail

-Mike[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen countless times in the past month or two now. I always get on their customer service and harass them about it, because I agree it makes no sense. They always tell me that each game goes to a different inspector, but it just seems stupid if you ask me. I've literally had 20 games in a shipment and 1 would show up as not received. Then about 2 weeks after the 19 games get processed that lone game shows up and drops payment.

Gazelle's biggest downfall right now is it's speed in processing, which only got worse with their increased volume from the positive media attention and deal with Costco. If I couldn't make money off them, I would much rather use the Amazon program as it's quite quick once they receive the games.

Hmmm...I was about to submit my trade-in order but came here first to see if there were any upcoming deals...glad I did because seeing those last two posts kind of makes me wonder if now is the best time to send in. It's like 6 games with a total TIV of $150 and I'd hate for some of them to go "missing" for some reason.

You guys should update if you end up getting your GC's and if your addt'l games are marked received or returned to you, if you don't mind.

[quote name='mm07']re: "Not yet received"

-Mike[/QUOTE]

Thats strange. The only thing I could think of it that they do check the discs to make sure that they are playable so maybe those were knocked loose during shipment and they require extra time for quality assurance. Hopefully you get credited for them.

[quote name='ferrari91169']Hmmm...I was about to submit my trade-in order but came here first to see if there were any upcoming deals...glad I did because seeing those last two posts kind of makes me wonder if now is the best time to send in. It's like 6 games with a total TIV of $150 and I'd hate for some of them to go "missing" for some reason.

You guys should update if you end up getting your GC's and if your addt'l games are marked received or returned to you, if you don't mind.[/QUOTE]

I have traded multiple lots in over the past few months and this is the first hiccup for me (anything amazon.com related really). Hopefully its just a few isolated incidents. They told me to call back in 10 days from the date it was received (i.e. Oct 25) so I intend on doing so unless they credit my account. I also have another shipment that arrived yesterday so I will see if that runs into any problems or not. I will update on my situation when I know more.

EDIT:

Well my second order went through before the first order. Heres the 2 timelines:

Order 1:
Shipped: Oct 12
Delivered: Oct 15
Received Email Confirmation that it had been Received: Oct 16
NO GIFT CARD

Order 2:
Shipped: Oct 16
Delivered: Oct 20
Received Email Confirmation that it had been Received: Oct 22
Gift Card Deposited: Oct 22

TELL ME HOW THE fuck THAT MAKES ANY SENSE!! Needless to say that I will be calling CS again and talking with them. They had my original order before I even sent out my other order. Ridiculous.

EDIT EDIT:

Well I talked with CS again and they still have no idea where my first order is. They say it was received and processed but thats it (I'm guessing they lost it). The guy was actually really nice (His name was Perry) and he applied a $27 promo credit to my account (the amount the GC is suppose to be for) and when (if) the order goes through then I will still get the $27 GC. So it may have took 3 phones calls and 3 messages but at least I got my credit (and potentially more but I chalk the extra $27 possibility as payment for my time.). Overall I am pleased that Amazon owned up to the problem.

[quote name='y2jasper']well this is lame. i sent an order out monday, with 3 games and also the nintendo wi-fi usb connector (i bought this thing like 2 years ago before i had a wireless router, and i was surprised to see them offering $16.50 for it). the order was recieved today (technically ups says it was delivered yesterday, but i got the email from amazon today. either way that was some fast shipping).

has anyone else sent in any accessories?[/QUOTE]

so i got a reply to my email to them. the first email the rep told me that the item has to be complete or they can reject it...but then about 30 minutes later i got a second email saying to disregard the first one, and that they had added the credit to my account as an exception.

I have a question, didn't see it in the original post.

I have the original Crackdown and they have the Platinum Hits listed, will they accept it?

From the original post. Vice versa

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?

Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

[quote name='jacknicklson']From the original post. Vice versa

[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks, I am blind.

i submitted a trade on oct 17th (the last day of the $30 off toward a console promotion w/ a $60 trade) and i did not receive the promotional code, i did get the gift credit in my account, but i was hoping to use that $30 off the new 250gb ps3 slim anyone get the $30 code? how long did it take?

whats the most anyones ever got off of this? im about to trade in like 25 games. TIV of like $220. I know that might not be what i get but still. Just wanted to know .

[quote name='NJMane']I have traded multiple lots in over the past few months and this is the first hiccup for me (anything amazon.com related really). Hopefully its just a few isolated incidents. They told me to call back in 10 days from the date it was received (i.e. Oct 25) so I intend on doing so unless they credit my account. I also have another shipment that arrived yesterday so I will see if that runs into any problems or not. I will update on my situation when I know more.

EDIT:

Well my second order went through before the first order. Heres the 2 timelines:

Order 1:
Shipped: Oct 12
Delivered: Oct 15
Received Email Confirmation that it had been Received: Oct 16
NO GIFT CARD

Order 2:
Shipped: Oct 16
Delivered: Oct 20
Received Email Confirmation that it had been Received: Oct 22
Gift Card Deposited: Oct 22

TELL ME HOW THE fuck THAT MAKES ANY SENSE!! Needless to say that I will be calling CS again and talking with them. They had my original order before I even sent out my other order. Ridiculous.

EDIT EDIT:

Well I talked with CS again and they still have no idea where my first order is. They say it was received and processed but thats it (I'm guessing they lost it). The guy was actually really nice (His name was Perry) and he applied a $27 promo credit to my account (the amount the GC is suppose to be for) and when (if) the order goes through then I will still get the $27 GC. So it may have took 3 phones calls and 3 messages but at least I got my credit (and potentially more but I chalk the extra $27 possibility as payment for my time.). Overall I am pleased that Amazon owned up to the problem.[/QUOTE]

Alright, well I just packaged mine and based on your comment I'm going to send it off tomorrow...hopefully I'll have good luck and all games will be received and paid for, however, I'm not worried about calling CS multiple times if I have to. Amazon CS has always been really good so I don't expect them to be any worse for game trade-ins.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, and I have one question if anyone can help. Assuming I receive the full $150 GC Credit, would I be able to apply it to a current order or only new orders? The reason I ask is because I pre-ordered the Xbox 360 MW2 console on the day it was announced, and I'd like to have the $150 GC Credit applied to that order to bring it down to around $250. Not sure if it'll work, but I was just wondering. Or do you think it'll work if I contact CS and explain to them that I don't want to lose my place in line, etc?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='ferrari91169']Alright, well I just packaged mine and based on your comment I'm going to send it off tomorrow...hopefully I'll have good luck and all games will be received and paid for, however, I'm not worried about calling CS multiple times if I have to. Amazon CS has always been really good so I don't expect them to be any worse for game trade-ins.

Thanks for your help!

Oh, and I have one question if anyone can help. Assuming I receive the full $150 GC Credit, would I be able to apply it to a current order or only new orders? The reason I ask is because I pre-ordered the Xbox 360 MW2 console on the day it was announced, and I'd like to have the $150 GC Credit applied to that order to bring it down to around $250. Not sure if it'll work, but I was just wondering. Or do you think it'll work if I contact CS and explain to them that I don't want to lose my place in line, etc?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Im sure you could if you contacted the CS. And as long as they havent withdrew teh money

[quote name='theriv']Im sure you could if you contacted the CS. And as long as they havent withdrew teh money[/QUOTE]

When I go to my recent orders page, I have a button under my gift card balance that says something like "apply this balance to this order". I believe it allows you to use your gift card balance to pay for your item as long as it hasn't already been charged. Never used it, so I can't be 100% sure.

[quote name='theriv']Im sure you could if you contacted the CS. And as long as they havent withdrew teh money[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='MasterYensid']When I go to my recent orders page, I have a button under my gift card balance that says something like "apply this balance to this order". I believe it allows you to use your gift card balance to pay for your item as long as it hasn't already been charged. Never used it, so I can't be 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help! I remember seeing that there before but I always thought you had to actually have the gift card number and I know the trade-in goes directly in your account, you never get a number...at least from the way I understand it. But if you can just apply and gift card balance on your account I should be good since I'm shipping the games tomorrow. At least I shouldn't be charged for the console until around the 8th-9th and I'm sure the games will be there by then.

QUESTION: Once the trade-in is approved and credited, will the credit apply to my past preorder of MW2(once it ships)
that was placed a month ago? Or will it be applied to the next order that I place for video games?

[quote name='Ronzilla']QUESTION: Once the trade-in is approved and credited, will the credit apply to my past preorder of MW2(once it ships)
that was placed a month ago? Or will it be applied to the next order that I place for video games?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't apply automatically but you can do it yourself on items that haven't shipped yet.

[quote name='beerme']It doesn't apply automatically but you can do it yourself on items that haven't shipped yet.[/QUOTE]

That's what confuses me because per Amazon it states:

-----------------------------------------------------------
How do I get paid for trade-in items?
If your submission is accepted by the third-party merchant, an Amazon.com Gift Card for the quoted amount will appear in your Amazon.com account within 2 business days.
Your gift card is automatically added to the available balance in your account so you don't need to redeem any claim codes or wait for gift cards in the mail.
Your Amazon.com gift card can be applied towards the purchase of millions of items at Amazon.com.
------------------------------------------------------------

I sent an email to Amazon but they just told me to contact them once
trade-in is approved???

[quote name='Japakneez']go to your order history, view your order, select payment method, then you can apply your gift card balance from there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm just hoping that even though it states there's "No Code", I'll still
be able to apply the trade-in credit at the View Your Order screen.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I just got my code for the $30 off a console, would anybody want to trade a $30 off any game coupon?[/QUOTE]
Haha, I was going to ask the same thing. WTT $30 console coupon for $30 gaming coupon!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I just got my code for the $30 off a console, would anybody want to trade a $30 off any game coupon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Haha, I was going to ask the same thing. WTT $30 console coupon for $30 gaming coupon![/QUOTE]

Can you even get game coupon's? I thought whenever you got any game credit it was just automatically added to your account and deducted from the price of your next video game purchase...I've never received an actual code. If I had I would love to trade with you as there's not really any game I'm buying soon, just the Modern Warfare 2 Console, and I'd assume your code would work on that. I have like $10 from GH5, $15 from ODST, and $10 from one other game...forget which game now, but all I know is I have $35 in game credits on my account toward my next game purchase, but I don't think I'll be purchasing any games for a while...the next thing after MW2 I'm even slightly interested in is Bad Company 2 and that doesn't come out until March.

I was thinking since game credits appear to work on Microsoft Point cards that I could get two 1600 Point cards, and then add a 10% off coupon from The ECA (whenever the codes are back), and get 3200 Points for basically $1 which isn't a bad deal. And I can just do it with free shipping since it's over $25 and I'm not really concerned about the delivery date...but that's really the only thing I can think of that would even interest me because there's really nothing else I want. Would much prefer a $30 console coupon towards my MW2 Console.

If there's anyway to convert that $35 into a code, like by contacting CS, let me know, but I'm sure there's no way to do that, and even if there was I really doubt CS would do it because they usually have in the terms something like, "This can't be traded for something else." or something like that. Maybe I'll check into it but it's very doubtful that it'd work.

[quote name='ferrari91169']Can you even get game coupon's?[/QUOTE]
The old trade-in promo was a code for $30 off a gaming purchase. You can redeem it on any account you want, even one not tied to your trade-in. I believe they also expire at the end of the year, so anyone who hasn't redeemed their code could trade it for a console coupon if they wanted.

I'm curious, i've done a couple of trades before, but this is the first one that elludes me. I sent one in October 12. UPS. (also 2 others, one other the same day, and another 3 days after the october 12th date) The other two have been recieved and credit recieved. I'm waiting on that one still and have contacted customer service twice. They all said to wait until a month goes by.....has this happen to anyone else? I'm kinda pissed because its about 60 dollars worth of trade in, and.....yea i think you see what i'm getting at.

I also have a 30 dollar Console Coupon and would be willing to trade for a 30 dollar off game coupon. Hell i'd trade for anything seeing as how i don't need another console

So, can anyone confirm if the console codes will work with the Modern Warfare 2 console, and also, are they stackable or just one per order? Just wondering because if they'll work with the console I'd be willing to give someone a $30 Amazon Gift Card for a $30 console code since I'm buying a console anyway and I know some people getting the code won't want it, and would prefer a gift card so they can buy whatever they choose...

[quote name='ferrari91169']So, can anyone confirm if the console codes will work with the Modern Warfare 2 console, and also, are they stackable or just one per order? Just wondering because if they'll work with the console I'd be willing to give someone a $30 Amazon Gift Card for a $30 console code since I'm buying a console anyway and I know some people getting the code won't want it, and would prefer a gift card so they can buy whatever they choose...[/QUOTE]

yeah it works fine with it

I have not tracked values at all, but I have 6 games to trade in and I was wondering if I should submit now or wait for another possible promo...

The games are:
- Madden 10 (all listed are 360, except Wii games)
- FEAR 2
- Call of Duty 4
- Halo 3
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Boom Blox

Trade value is $105.75 currently. GameStop MIGHT get me more by a few dollars, but Amazon credit seems more useful. Toys R Us was $99ish I believe.

I'm just pasting here what I said a months ago to a similar question:
[quote name='basketb']I don't think anyone can answer that question for you. It all depends on what you want.
A promo may come back or not - nobody knows. So, while you are waiting for one to appear your trade-in values will most certainly go down. But if, and that's a big if, a promo comes back, you might come out ahead in terms of trade-in credit. On the other hand, sometimes their trade-in of the day is pretty good by itself. But again nobody knows what it will be or how much you'll be netting.
If you want to buy another game right away with the credit, run the numbers with amazon, TRU, and GS (if you have those around you) and see what makes the most sense for you.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back