Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollinstone12']Found You're in the Movies w/camera for $9.99 in Charlotte, NC.[/quote]
That's a nationwide clearance price.

[quote name='outphase']Mission Valley had a few games on the 50% off rack including Saints Row 2 collector's edition for PS3 for $25 or so. Resistance 2 CE was also listed, but it wasn't in stock.[/quote]
Resistance 2 CE was $40 at my store and a couple others nearby.

Just saw it @ the Houston Galleria store for $47.99. They have 6 of them out. Maybe a deal for those who doesn't have it yet.

A local BB store had it for $39.99 yesterday.

Last time I was at that BB, it was $48.

I'll pick it up when(if?) it hits $20

We really need to sticky the Best Buy YMMV thread. Every other day a new Best Buy YMMV deal is posted.

$71.99 at my local store. YMMV indeed.

ymmv.gif

Oops, didn't see the BB YMMV sticky. How do I move this thread to the BB YMMV deal sticky? Can an admin help?

Thanks!

Walked in to see a "Last chance to get these games at 10% to 50% off" display,

Saint's Row 2 CE (360/PS3) $40 after 20%
Resistance 2 CE $40 after 20%
Brothers in Arms CE (360) $35 after 30%
EndWar with Headset (360) $60 after 30%
SpiderMan Web of Shadows (PS3) $36 after 40%

Plus a couple of the ones from the previous $9.99 sale marked as $9.99. I was tempted with EndWar since the mic itself is $60 but I don't like this type of game.

Also they did honor the $10 off coupon for You're in the Movies, so it was for free. I was a bit surprised since the Best Buy I frequent (Wisconsin) doesn't let much get by.

Although even without the YMMV, it's currently $59.99 normal price (which isn't bad since the regular game is the same price) and is probably going to be listed as one of those trouble items or whatever they call it when they're worried about it depreciating in value, so if your local Best Buy has any there's a good chance it will have an additional discount as well. Unfortunately all of the Best Buys in my area are completely out of the game.

[quote name='Josef']$71.99 at my local store. YMMV indeed.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? It's $59.99 on the Best Buy website and in the system, so at worst it shouldn't be more than that at any store.

[quote name='Edge']and is probably going to be listed as one of those trouble items or whatever they call it when they're worried about it depreciating in value, [/quote]

"At risk" is the term you seek.

But ya, this is a local store thing. First thing I did today was check the price of this lol.

I bought this at MSRP. Not worth that, but definitely worth $60 and under. The figure is ok, in my opinion, but not up to par with other figures from DC. The artbook is small, but has some interesting drawings. The most disappointing thing for me was the "Shattered History" timeline, which ended up being just a trailer really. Considering the very detailed timeline they created for the website, I was expecting a documentary-like approach to the Resistance universe's history.

[quote name='manthing']A local BB store had it for $39.99 yesterday.

Last time I was at that BB, it was $48.
344.jpg

I'll pick it up when(if?) it hits $20[/quote]
How long did it take to drop from 48 to 39?

At my local best buy, there are games on clearance with yellow stickers for $8. Some of the stand outs were The World Ends With You and Bomberman Land Touch! 2. Obviously YMMV. This was in Minot, ND.

Madden 09 CE 29.99 + 15% off at BB Phoenix, AZ on Camelback.

They had like 15 copies good deal as used regular edition is still 39.99 at GS.

[quote name='oasisboy']Just got Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition for $44.99 + tax in Lewisville, TX.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or 360? what comes with the collectors edition?

I just picked up three Xbox 1600 points cards at the Best Buy in Horseheads, N.Y., for $14.99 each. Said clearance on them and they were the scratch-off points.

Grabbed DDR: Supernova bundle for PS2 for $9.99 tonight. Rang up that way and was tagged that way also (no override), so probably not YMMV, but just putting it here in case.

dunno if it was posted yet but a local BBY here in SoCal has at least two GTA 4 CE for $40. I haven't seen it at that price at the other BBY's I go to so I figured it's YMMV.

Edit:

I forgot to mention this but at least here in So Cal they are having a sale on the plantronics headsets for PC gaming. Their pretty nice and I picked up the GameCom 355 for $20. The YMMV part here is that I also got the GameCom 377 for $40 with a PM for Fry's. I hear it's dicey when it comes down to PM with BBY because it varies cause of the managers but I brought in a printout from the Fry's site and it was fine. These things sound AWESOME.

Last edited by a moderator:
On an endcap saw a printout listing various games for all platforms for 75% off. Off the top of my head I remember seeing for the 360 - Saints Row 2, Rock Band 2, & Lost. They also had a list for PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, & PSP on the same printout, but I can't remember any of the games for those platforms.

Picked up Saints Row 2 ($49.99, $12.50 + tax after discount). I had to show the cashier the actual sign. After seeing it, she was able to apply the 75% discount after getting an overrride from the manager.

[quote name='kliiez8']On an endcap saw a printout listing various games for all platforms for 75% off. Off the top of my head I remember seeing for the 360 - Saints Row 2, Rock Band 2, & Lost. They also had a list for PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, & PSP on the same printout, but I can't remember any of the games for those platforms.

Picked up Saints Row 2 ($49.99, $12.50 + tax after discount). I had to show the cashier the actual sign. After seeing it, she was able to apply the 75% discount after getting an overrride from the manager.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I dunno about you guys, but it seems prices have really gone down fast compared to previous years for games in general.

[quote name='oidigo1']PS3 or 360? what comes with the collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

PS3. Just google it for the CE info.

[quote name='kliiez8']On an endcap saw a printout listing various games for all platforms for 75% off. Off the top of my head I remember seeing for the 360 - Saints Row 2, Rock Band 2, & Lost. They also had a list for PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, & PSP on the same printout, but I can't remember any of the games for those platforms.

[/QUOTE]

If you get a chance to go back to the store could you possibly make a list of this games that you saw 75% off. If you dont have the time, no big deal just curious what games were on the list for Wii. Thanks :lol:

The El Cajon (CA) Best Buy has 1 GTA IV (360) LE for $40 and 2 Resistance 2 (LE) for $70? Plus we just put a bin out of a bunch of games 50% off. Sega Ralley, Jericho, and a ton of others, I forget though. Mix of all systems too. PM me and I can hold a few for you depending on when your coming in.

[quote name='Got_Wii']If you get a chance to go back to the store could you possibly make a list of this games that you saw 75% off. If you dont have the time, no big deal just curious what games were on the list for Wii. Thanks :lol:[/QUOTE]

no problem.

The Columbia MD store had a table for clearance titles that was new. There were about 20 Gears 2 CE for $25. Also (6) MK vs. DC CE for $30.

At the Milpitas BB, there is a half price table with games for most systems. The most notable was there were 2 good sized stacks of Valkyria Chronicles marked with the red 50% off dot. Makes it $30 if you missed out on the GS game days pricing. Also they had 2 copies of 007:QoS Tshirt editions marked$30 before 50% off....you can do the math....

They also had Spiderman WoS Wii and a few other clearance type titles that were not worth mentioning.

The one at Vauxhall in NJ had a lot of "purple stickered" 50% off including
Prices are AFTER 50% was taken off:

fallout 3: CE for the PS3 for 30
Warhawk (GH version) for 15
Valkyria Chronicles for 30
Pure (makes it 30)
Resistance 2: CE for 35

@ My local LIC, NY BB, I saw a bunch of games w/ 50% off stickers, the best deals -

Dark Messiah Might and Magic $9.99
Two Worlds CE (360) $14.99
Soldier of Fortune Payback (360) w/ First Blood DVD $9.99

My prize find -
Jeanne d'Arc (PSP) $14.99

BEST BUY COULD GO SUCK MY DINGER! and STICK IT UP THE A!* I just got off the phone with them about the 20% off deal there promoting (it took me 1 hour to get to talk to them). The promotion still on the frickin site but the discount is gone from every video game item and accessory. The BITCH I talked to told me the deal is OVER, but there isn't an expiration date. She then told me they will not honor the deal and to have a very nice day. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE A**!

I am visiting San Diego this weekend and I was in the Best Buy in Las Mesa, CA and they had a small bin up front by the registers with the 50% off red dots on them. Mostly crap, but I did find 'Castlevania Judgment' for the Wii normally $39.99 which came out to $19.99 after the markdown. It's still $40.00 at most places. I know, I know... technically it's crap too... but it's a crap game that I am interested in. =)

BB near me in Chandler AZ off Ray Rd. had a bin with games on clearance, they had yellow stickers. All were $4.99 got Yakuza 2 (ps2) and Saints Row 2. they had mostly sports games and ps2/ds games but nothing to great outside of that.

picked up

Castlevania: OoE = $14.99
Madden 09 XX Aniv. Ed. = $14.99

Saw Saints Row 2 CE for $24.99 but left it since my Vanilla SR2 is still sealed since launch. lol

best buy off 35 and 121 has clearance games in carts all over the store.

xbox360-
spiderman:web of shadows $15 (one left)
some baja racing game $10(tons)
mercs: world in flames $10(two left)
two worlds:ce $20(one left)
brother in arms:hells highway:ce $20(one left)
saints row 2:ce $35(one left)

[quote name='sickman']best buy off 35 and 121 has clearance games in carts all over the store.

xbox360-
spiderman:web of shadows $15 (one left)
some baja racing game $10(tons)
mercs: world in flames $10(two left)
two worlds:ce $20(one left)
brother in arms:hells highway:ce $20(one left)
saints row 2:ce $35(one left)[/QUOTE]

I think you are referring to the location in Lewisville, TX. Dude you missed all the good stuff from 1 week ago. They had ALL CEs at 50% off. I missed getting SF4 CE for $40 :bomb:. Fortunately, I was able to score RE5 CE for $40 :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']I think you are referring to the location in Lewisville, TX. Dude you missed all the good stuff from 1 week ago. They had ALL CEs at 50% off. I missed getting SF4 CE for $40 :bomb:. Fortunately, I was able to score RE5 CE for $40 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks! I never hit BBs anymore, unless I know something is going to go down. Would have loved that RE5 CE...

Stopped by the Best Buy in Vernon Hills, IL today and in the game section they had signs up for select games and accessories on all systems being 75% off. Most of the games were for PS3, 360, and PS2 although there were some for Wii and PSP. Notable items included Saints Row 2 CE ($12.49 after discount), Madden 09 CE for PS3 ($7.49 after discount), and many games that were from the $9.99 Best Buy clearance sale a few weeks back being 75% off. I managed to snag the last copy of Hail to the Chimp for PS3 ($2.49 after discount) and a Sony branded Wireless Keypad (retails for $49.99 but only $12.49 after discount). They were limiting purchases to 1 per title so hoarders can stay away. YMMV as they had to manually apply discounts but maybe your Best Buy might be doing something similar.

bread's done
Back