Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
No such luck with 50% off LEs, CEs or SEs around Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Bummer. I'd like to pick up the Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway And Raw VS Smackdown solely for the ingenious steel cage packaging. Bummer. Goddamnit!

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Feel free to head over there, then.

We're talking.

On topic: I wish my BB would run these types of deals, especially the half off Collector's Editions. I'd love to pay $40 for the RE5 Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

Completely inappropriate. This is a regional topic at best. If you insist on discussing this on the main board, take it to the Best Buy thread. That's why it was created. You are an experienced user, you should know that and maintain the quality of this community.

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely inappropriate. This is a regional topic at best. If you insist on discussing this on the main board, take it to the Best Buy thread. That's why it was created. You are an experienced user, you should know that and maintain the quality of this community.[/QUOTE]

What he said. If everyone created a thread for each of their stores... this would be never ending.

[quote name='guessed']There is a thread for BB YMMV deals --> Thread[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bojay1997']Completely inappropriate. This is a regional topic at best. If you insist on discussing this on the main board, take it to the Best Buy thread. That's why it was created. You are an experienced user, you should know that and maintain the quality of this community.[/QUOTE]

Well I take it you're an "experienced user" too...

So let me explain the problem with what you're saying:

1. I never even knew the BB YMMV thread existed. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one.
2. When I walked into Best Buy there was one copy of Endwar left (which I took) and one PS EyeToy left (which I took.) Meaning that... if stores just started this sale recently (and I was just at Best Buy yesterday and the same Endwar was going for $89.99...) then prospective buyers would have to be ON IT if they wanted to come up with anything. Anybody in Chicago, near this store, had a good chance of at least getting the 360 version if they wanted it and they saw my thread about it immediately. And...
3. ...absolutely NO chance of getting it if they, like myself, had no idea that there was a BB YMMV thread.

I mean who would check a generic YMMV thread anyway? They couldn't even have any idea what they were looking for. They'd probably just think "Oh that thread's only about California..." or whatever the last post they saw was on there.

My point being: To someone who actually "WANTS A HEADSET", it might be worth their time to take a look... since there's this guy who was able to get one for $20 (and another guy who was able to get one for 7) as opposed to just aimlessly clicking on generic threads for no particular reason at all.

[quote name='rainless']
1. I never even knew the BB YMMV thread existed. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one.

2. ...absolutely NO chance of getting it if they, like myself, had no idea that there was a BB YMMV thread.

3. I mean who would check a generic YMMV thread anyway? They couldn't even have any idea what they were looking for. They'd probably just think "Oh that thread's only about California..." or whatever the last post they saw was on there.

[/QUOTE]

1. Have you ever heard of a SEARCH button?

2. Don't be lazy and do a search, thats why its there.

3. I do check genereic YMMV threads, again dont be lazy and create clutter.

oh man nice deal on the Playstation Eyetoy. Would be great for the motion control when it comes out. Going to stop by a BB tomorrow hopefully they'll have this kinda of deal.

[quote name='guessed']There is a thread for BB YMMV deals --> Thread[/QUOTE]

^ Providing information.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Feel free to head over there, then.

We're talking.[/QUOTE]

^ Being rude.

[quote name='rainless']Well I take it you're an "experienced user" too...

So let me explain the problem with what you're saying:

1. I never even knew the BB YMMV thread existed. I'm guessing I'm probably not the only one.[/QUOTE]

Now you know, that's why I posted the link.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Have you ever heard of a SEARCH button?

2. Don't be lazy and do a search, thats why its there.

3. I do check genereic YMMV threads, again dont be lazy and create clutter.[/QUOTE]

I'm not lazy and you're not helpful.

If I was lazy then I wouldn't have posted these deals at all. Why the hell would I search for something that I didn't know existed?

I *did* do a search for "Endwar" "Endwar 19.99" "EyeToy" and "EyeToy 6.99" and came up with n... wait a second... I don't even have to talk to you.

[quote name='luan87us']oh man nice deal on the Playstation Eyetoy. Would be great for the motion control when it comes out. Going to stop by a BB tomorrow hopefully they'll have this kinda of deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was kind of shocked actually. I didn't think I'd ever see an eyetoy again... and this one looks like it was just made yesterday.

I remember Toys R Us had them on clearance two years ago for like twelve bucks... but SIX?!?

1. Thanks for the info, OP, even if it would have been more appropriate to post in a thread you didn't know existed and didn't come up on your search. I'll have to check the Best Buy near my parent's house this weekend.

2. What the hell is everyone's problem? I bet none of you (anyone who posted something inflammatory) are half as rude to people in real life. CAG is one of the few places where people don't seem to try to prove this equation true on a constant basis. Can we please keep it that way?

[quote name='johnnypark']1. Thanks for the info, OP, even if it would have been more appropriate to post in a thread you didn't know existed and didn't come up on your search. I'll have to check the Best Buy near my parent's house this weekend.

2. What the hell is everyone's problem? I bet none of you (anyone who posted something inflammatory) are half as rude to people in real life. CAG is one of the few places where people don't seem to try to prove this equation true on a constant basis. Can we please keep it that way?[/QUOTE]
How is pointing out a previously existing and well known thread in a polite way inflammatory?

Heck, the only rude thing I've seen on here was the "Go there, we're talking" post.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']How is pointing out a previously existing and well known thread in a polite way inflammatory?[/QUOTE]

I don't think calling someone "lazy" is all that polite.

Anyway, I'm over it.

...that's what the "ignore" button is for.

If anybody does manage to get these deals (or better), then I'm glad I could help.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']How is pointing out a previously existing and well known thread in a polite way inflammatory?

Heck, the only rude thing I've seen on here was the "Go there, we're talking" post.[/QUOTE]

Pointing to the thread is harmless. Some of the other responses were unnecessarily condescending, though (not naming names, I'm staying out of it).

And... /thread-hijacking

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']
Heck, the only rude thing I've seen on here was the "Go there, we're talking" post.[/QUOTE]

That pissed me off, and I didn't say anything regarding it either way.
In any event if it;s a seriously extraneous or misplaced post just PM an admin and they will move it.

Also-
I checked two ATL BBys and at both all titles scanned full price.

[quote name='rainless']

1. I'm not lazy and you're not helpful.

2. If I was lazy then I wouldn't have posted these deals at all. Why the hell would I search for something that I didn't know existed?

3. I *did* do a search for "Endwar" "Endwar 19.99" "EyeToy" and "EyeToy 6.99" and came up with n... wait a second... I don't even have to talk to you.

[/QUOTE]

1. I am being helpful by telling you about not creating clutter threads. This benefits the CAG community.

2. Can you imagine if every CAG didnt do a search before posting a deal?

3. Did you try "Best Buy Clearance"?

Thanx OP.

I'm a busy dad of 4 working 10 hours a day (before I get home)

Point being, if it ain't on the CAG homepage I ain't gonna see it.

At the risk of clutter I (and ny boys) appreciate the chance to get in on a deal we would otherwise never know about .

My local BB stopped running the Endwar+Headset for $19.99 Xbox 360 some time ago. If anyone picks up a spare, I'll pay you a finders fee plus cost of the item. Drop me a PM.

If someone comes across the endwar and headset for xbox 360 please pm me, I can pay expenses and a finders fee. I tried today at BB and it was dull retail price

The mods need to firebomb this thread....

I didnt see any 360 endwar at springfield,VA, in keeping with the original conversation.

I always find it hilarious when people can't handle a stray thread, then compound the very issue they're criticizing by endlessly complaining about a post. These forums move very fast and stuff gets buried quickly. Stop acting so incredulous any time someone misses a thread. It really undermines the spirit of sharing information that is the very foundation of this amazing resource.

I find the compilation threads way to unweildy if you dont hit them every day. If something is particularly good I like seeing a separate thread for it. Dont know if ill find anything in socal, but im going to check because of this thread, thanks op.

There is a point in which why there are specific "XXX Store clearance threads". They want to make the forum as organize as possible to help people find deals easier. The reason why you can't see good deals because you too lazy and don't actually "deserve" the right to know about that deal at all. Another reason why you can't find those deals are because stray threads like this filled up the forum and eventually buried the informative threads. You come here to "look" or good deals, CAG doesn't exist to give you good deals itself. Stray threads like this buries informative threads and also fill up CAG server bandwitd. Beside Best Buy clearances are almost "always" YMMV so it doesn't really deserve its own thread. One more thing, when a more experience member suggests something it doesn't always mean they're trying to flame you. They're trying to make you a better CAG with proper way of posting deals and contribute to this great community. Don't take those as insults but a way to realize your beginner mistakes. And I don't know ho you claimed that no best buy thread came up when you search. I put "Best Buy" as keyword and I saw the Best Buy clearance thread right away.

[quote name='zsciaeount']I always find it hilarious when people can't handle a stray thread, then compound the very issue they're criticizing by endlessly complaining about a post. These forums move very fast and stuff gets buried quickly. Stop acting so incredulous any time someone misses a thread. It really undermines the spirit of sharing information that is the very foundation of this amazing resource.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

awesome post dude i too didnt know there was a clearance thread sad it says im a veteran but yeah thanks again for the heads up. i will check my bb here in queens Ny about the offers and post back asap.

[quote name='Estebon']Does BB price match their own sisters stores prices?[/QUOTE]
No unless you have the receipt or Scanned ad.

[quote name='zsciaeount']I always find it hilarious when people can't handle a stray thread, then compound the very issue they're criticizing by endlessly complaining about a post. These forums move very fast and stuff gets buried quickly. Stop acting so incredulous any time someone misses a thread. It really undermines the spirit of sharing information that is the very foundation of this amazing resource.[/QUOTE]

Look, if someone makes a mistake, which it appears the OP did here, then they should just acknowledge it and move on. Being insulting when someone is trying to help and goes to the trouble of actually providing a polite link to the proper thread is downright inappropriate and wrong. There are pretty specific rules on this board for a reason. Not everyone checks the board every hour and as such, if there are hundreds of threads talking about deals that are not just specific to one retailer, but one specific store out of thousands of locations, it pushes every other post down and makes it very difficult for people to find deals which might actually benefit them. This is not something to be debated or for people to take one side or the other on. Unless the deal applies to every store location, it doesn't belong anywhere but the regional boards or in the existing YMMV posts for the various retailers.

[quote name='jchasse']Thanx OP.

I'm a busy dad of 4 working 10 hours a day (before I get home)

Point being, if it ain't on the CAG homepage I ain't gonna see it.

At the risk of clutter I (and ny boys) appreciate the chance to get in on a deal we would otherwise never know about .[/QUOTE]

Amen. Same situation. To you stray-thread-whiners, suck a bag of d!*&$.

Thanks for making this thread OP. Going through those "official store" threads is too much of a hassle and I wouldn't have even come across this deal that you posted, which is what CAG is all about.

[quote name='luan87us']No unless you have the receipt or Scanned ad.[/QUOTE]

I've been shot down with just the receipt so it's definitely YMMV.

I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw a rack of CE's and some other games at my BestBuy with signs that said "great prices on great games!" I picked up a PS3 Endwar bundle and asked an employee how much it was and to my dismay the guy says "All games on that rack are %10 off"

I wish my Bestbuy had the %50 or %75 seen at other stores.
Should I have trusted the employee or should I have brought it to checkout and found out the price?

[quote name='warfox33']I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw a rack of CE's and some other games at my BestBuy with signs that said "great prices on great games!" I picked up a PS3 Endwar bundle and asked an employee how much it was and to my dismay the guy says "All games on that rack are %10 off"

I wish my Bestbuy had the %50 or %75 seen at other stores.
Should I have trusted the employee or should I have brought it to checkout and found out the price?[/QUOTE]

For nearly all Best Buy YMMV deals you have to trust the employee or sign. What happens is the game will scan for the current price in the Best Buy system (in your case, $89.99) and the cashier will have to manually adjust the price to the correct percentage off (this usually requires a manager authorization as well).

Just checked my local Best Buy on E Colonial in Orlando, FL -

360 Endwar w/headset is on the 50% off rack - rings up at $89.99, but if you point out the 50% off, they knock it down to $44.99. Wasn't low enough for me to bite since I'm just in it for the headset anyways. . .

For those still interested, looks like they still had 2 or 3 left. Couldn't find PS3 version. PS3 Eye was full-price.

Well, just check this tread today found out about the YMMV on Endwar for $19.99, searched for it on my area near work found a Store in Grapevine, TX with 3 copies left.

ALL OF THEM AT $72.99 USD

Have ANYONE in the DFW are seen this offer running?

Or his just for anyone outside Texas????

I couldn't find any of the EndWar games at $20 near me...if any of you guys out there have stores with a few, I'll pay cost + shipping for the headset...you can keep the game :p Shoot me a PM.

chicago south loop bb had guitar hero ds, aerosmith, sf4 ce (xbx), re5 ce (xbx), left 4 dead, mercenaries 2, and other assorted games (some actually appealing if I remember correctly for 50% off.

I agree. Through the years there has been so many times i wanted to tell people to shut the hell up and stick to the topic but then i would be cluttering it up just as much as the clowns arguing. Do we have a bitch fest forum for these bitches.

I saw Resistance 2 CE 47xx clearance tonight.

They have the sale at this store, games marked with a yellow sticker is 50% off, games with red sticker are 75% off

I was able to get two copies of Golden Axe PS3 for $7.49

They had, as when I left, about 10 boxes of Endwar for the Xbox 360 marked at $89.99 with a yellow sticker, bought one but I change the sticker for a red one, I know I'm going to hell for that, came out $24.99 after tax

Went to the store in I-75 and park lane, got Resistance 2 CE for $19.99, legit price, as they have only red stickers for a 50% discount, game is marked at $39.99, got the last one.

Got to tell you at that store I asked two employees about how big was the discount and one said 50% all red stickers, the other blue shirt said buy one get get one free on all red stickers, so be careful who you ask.

that is all.........

Oh, I almost forgot went to the BB store in Grapevine they had 5 boxes of EndWar but NO SALE AT ALL

[quote name='manlai']chicago south loop bb had guitar hero ds, aerosmith, sf4 ce (xbx), re5 ce (xbx), left 4 dead, mercenaries 2, and other assorted games (some actually appealing if I remember correctly for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

I would be all over Left 4 Dead at 50% off. I have been waiting for that one to drop for a while.

Rock Revolution (Game Only) was marked as $19.99 - 80% off, but actually rings up as $9.99 - 80% off = $1.99 at Wilkes-Barre, PA Best Buy.

They have a bunch left at the front kiosk where they ahve the 'clearance' deals.

[quote name='obijuan71']They have the sale at this store, games marked with a yellow sticker is 50% off, games with red sticker are 75% off

I was able to get two copies of Golden Axe PS3 for $7.49

They had, as when I left, about 10 boxes of Endwar for the Xbox 360 marked at $89.99 with a yellow sticker, bought one but I change the sticker for a red one, I know I'm going to hell, came out $24.99 after tax

Went to the store in I-75 and park lane, got Resistance 2 CE for $19.99, legit price, as they have only red stickers for a 50% discount, game is marked at $39.99, got the last one.

Got to tell you at that store I asked two employees about how big was the discount and one said 50% all red stickers, the other blue shirt said buy one get get one free on all red stickers, so be careful who you ask.

that is all.........

Oh, I almost forgot went to the BB store in Grapevine they had 5 boxes of EndWar but NO SALE.[/QUOTE]

Why would you even want to brag that you're a thief and a fraud?

bread's done
Back