Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the last Resistance 2 CE at my Best Buy in West Paterson, NJ. It wasn't marked down nor was it on the table with the "Manager's Special" items. I asked for a price check and it was $52.99. Asked one of the guys in the Media section if this was on Manager's Special and he thought it was so he checked the list. He had to have the cashier manually add the 50% off. Got it for $26.

Awesome Deal!

Thanks CAG!

Now my Chimera is standing next to my Ryu and my Vault 101 dude.

:D

Ok, I have a working Endwar headset (it charges at least). The question now is how long will it last? Has anyone been able to charge it only to find it still defective in another way? Has someone had it break in only a couple of days of use.

I only ask because I'm considering a switch and return with an off the shelf headset which I imagine is less defective, and I usually don't like doing things like that.

Yeah , went today to exchange my Endwar Headset 360 ( wouldnt charge ) today and they only bundle they had left was a PS3 one , The Lady at CS was cool enough and said just bring a headset off the rack and that should be good enough . Damn Right ! I was Like I love you , she was like Hmm I was like thank you !

Wow. Finally found a magical 50% off table. Picked up RE5 CE (PS3) for $32.xx. Also saw Disgaea 3 for $21.xx, and Saints Row CE for $25.xx.

[quote name='Coper3000']Wow. Finally found a magical 50% off table. Picked up RE5 CE (PS3) for $32.xx. Also saw Disgaea 3 for $21.xx, and Saints Row CE for $25.xx.[/QUOTE]

Where in Texas are you?

To all those with busted headsets:

Shouldn't they be covered under the manufacturer's warranty? You be able to get it fixed, or get a new one from MS/Sony, right? You may have to pay for it to be shipped, and be without a (broken) headset for awhile, but that's better than nothing. Especially if you only paid $40 or ($20) for the headset/game bundle.

I mean, if you aren't able to exchange it at the store, or are sick of exchanging it for another busted headset, you should still have that option.

[quote name='Coper3000']Wichita Falls- possibly the hottest place in the world, haha.[/QUOTE]

Wichita Falls, TX hmm? I loved the waterfall that comes out of the cemetery. I was on a bus once with someone new to the area, he made some comment on the waterfall, and then had a horrified look on his face when he saw what was behind it.

Haha, yeah. It's such a weird town, but luckily for me- I believe- their are no other CAGs in the area, so I'm usually solo if their is a good deal.

Just came back from Baldwin, NY store. They had the following in-stock:

iconxbox360.gif
Battlefield: Bad Company (Gold Edition) - $19.99
iconxbox360.gif
Endwar w/ Headset - $39.99
iconps3.gif
Endwar w/ Headset - $39.99
iconps3.gif
Resistance 2 CE - $39.99
iconps3.gif
Saints Row 2 CE - $39.99

I picked up Battlefield: Bad Company for myself.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I just picked up Warhawk w/ headset for $20 in Matteson, IL. They also still have a copy of Soul Calibur IV PS3 for $10.[/QUOTE]

Gah, I want Soul Calibur IV (missed the $10 sale a few months ago), but unfortunately I'm nowhere near Illinois, lol.

Bought Saints Row 2 CE (360) for $9.99 and Madden 08 (360) for $2.99. Last copies of each.

They do have a magical table, but these were on a rack right when you check out.

Best Buy near Steven's Point has a bunch of games on sale for $25.99 $and 10.99, deals included SF IV CE, Sain'ts Row 2 CE, Grid, PES 2009, and Mercenaries 2, among others.

So, I was out running around today, and I decided to check to see if the Hickory Hollow (Nashville, TN area) BB had any deals, even though the last time I checked the best they had were some crap games manually marked down about 10%. I didn't see those manual markdowns this time, and I circled the gaming area about 3 times, and was heading out the door when I saw out of the corner of my eye a double-sided rack with a clearance sign on top. All games with the red dot were $14.99. Mostly, they had games that retailed for $19.99 (or could at least be had elsewhere for that, if wanted), but there were a few notable exceptions:

Animal Crossing City Folk Wii Speak Bundle Wii
Singstar Vol 2 bundle (I know it was cheaper at TRU, but not bad if you missed it) PS3 Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway CE 360
Okami Wii
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Wii
Endless Ocean Wii
Dancing with the Stars Bundle PS2 (not sure if that is a good price)
A few other PS2 dance bundles.

The only things I grabbed were Okami and City Folk. I think it was the only Okami, but there were a couple of City Folk left. I almost took Web of Shadows and Endless Ocean, but I am pretty much tapped out. A mom (her kid didn't look like he played soccer, but I can't be sure) picked up WoS soon after I put it down. She also got a City Folk, after I assured her that it really was $14.99. All in all, the Cool Springs clearance was much better (75% off).

[quote name='Estebon']Saw these at my local BB.

50 Cent Sand something...$30
Eat lead PS3 $15 360 $20[/QUOTE]

Where is the store? Thanks.

Found the magical table at the Glendale, CA BBY with :ps3:saints row 2 CE for $20, :ps2:singstar Abba for $15, and :360:lost for $10. Other then that nothing else worth mentioning.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Where is the store? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, it was around the Illinois / indiana border. I can't remember. Pretty sure it was St johns Indiana.

Just look around for a bin or table with games. They probably have little colored stickers or a percentage written on the price label.

[quote name='Indonesia']May be YMNV. I got one yesterday[/QUOTE]

An easy way to tell if a BB deal is YMMV is if they have to manually adjust it at the register, it is YMMV.

Edit: The converse is not always the case - some clearance items are YMMV, but do not require manual adjustment. It is a good rule of thumb however, and if it does require manual adjustment, it is definitely YMMV.

I got it all full price when it came out. The single player is good, but the multi is where it's at.

The 8 player co-op is awesome.

Picked up AW: Days of Ruin and AA: Apollo Justice for $7.5 each today.

how hard is this game? i'm not that good at fps so i don't want a game thats too difficult. i remember playing resistance 1 demo and it was really hard for me

CE for $40-ish is a good deal. Single player is okay, on-line mode is very good, if you like shooting games, you can't go wrong with R2. You most likely get 24% completion on first play through, which is average (if you count trophies and play times)...

i can confirm i saw this price in newport news, va. dunno where op got it though edit: this is re: Resistance 2 CE (Collector's Edition) for $39.99 @ Best Buy

The game is excellent. Reviewers loved it, some gamers panned it. Bought it day one.

Be warned, however, that there is no split screen story co-op OR offline deathmatch, and the offline co-op they do have is pretty much worthless.

I called a store in the Sacramento area and they said they only sell the regular edition, and it's $59.99.

Dunno if the guy was uninformed or not, as he didn't even seem to take the time to check the computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
re: Resistance 2 CE (Collector's Edition) for $39.99 @ Best Buy Bestbuy

Went to 2 Best Buys today. 1 had the clearance table (well rather rack) and one didn't. The one that did was 50% and had mainly Xbox 360 items there. Of the non-Xbox 360 items, I wasn't really interested in any of the ones for 50% off.

[quote name='akalboy']Went to 2 Best Buys today. 1 had the clearance table (well rather rack) and one didn't. The one that did was 50% and had mainly Xbox 360 items there. Of the non-Xbox 360 items, I wasn't really interested in any of the ones for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the useful info. I'm glad you didn't clutter your post with game titles, game prices, or pesky store locations.

bread's done
Back