Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Justin42']I've noticed my closest BB is doing sort of the opposite-- putting decoy red "clearance" flags on stuff that's still at MSRP (and the price tags themselves don't have the old price on them). All over the freakin' store. WTF is up with that? (I know, fooling people who don't know better, but it's ALL OVER the store..)[/QUOTE]

One of the Best Buy's in my area, the one that seems to have clearance items most regularly, tends to throw in games that are just in the $19.99 range in with the clearance. It's usually really frustrating to find a game that you would def bite on if it were $10 in there then pull it out to see it's not actually on clearance. :bomb:

Picked up Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition for $20 today. Except for the tin case, everything that came with it is absolute crap. I can get better quality stuff with $10 at Chinatown than the stuff that came with this CE. I can't complain about the price though... $20 is a sweet price even if only for the game and tin case.

Mine had Bioshock 2 special editions as well except they were 50% off!

I didn't get it thought, very tempted as I bought enough already.

I got:
Dead Space Extraction for $15
Sonic Unleashed for $10
Cursed Mountain for $8.50

I was tempted to get a few other things but I've been spendingenough lately :(

Alot of great stuff though on clearance.

Not too much @ my BB. They have a CRAPLOAD of Halo ODST strategy guides...I mean we are talking @ LEAST 50 or 60 copies sitting on the shelf. Not clearanced, but I would expect them to penny out. I don't foresee anyone buying those @ MSRP anytime soon.

wait, so bioshock 2 collectors edition is only like $50? thats sweet, i love the music direction so the album would be awesome to have. is this YMMV or is it in the system where i just take it to the register?

[quote name='An J0e']wait, so bioshock 2 collectors edition is only like $50? thats sweet, i love the music direction so the album would be awesome to have. is this YMMV or is it in the system where i just take it to the register?[/QUOTE]

Your funny..

[quote name='An J0e']wait, so bioshock 2 collectors edition is only like $50? thats sweet, i love the music direction so the album would be awesome to have. is this YMMV or is it in the system where i just take it to the register?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV as all of the stuff that was 50% had yellow stickers on them, so the cashiers need an override.

Love your sig by the way lol.

I saw LBP PSP download voucher cards marked for $20 at my BB today, but I didn't buy one to verify since I didn't have the 10% coupon with me

In their new $14.99 clearance bins, I found Disgaea DS and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume DS. Some other stuff but those I picked up.

[quote name='Estebon']In their new $14.99 clearance bins, I found Disgaea DS and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume DS. Some other stuff but those I picked up.[/QUOTE]

Also, saw those games and FF Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift; Mystic River Kingdom something or other; Avalon Code all for DS

R-Type Command PSP

ton of Wii shovelware

Lair PS3

Sorry to ask this but I don't shop at best buy much. How do you identify what items are on clearance there? There doesn't seem to be any bins, and the stores around me are horribly organized in a Circuit City like fashion making it difficult to find anything. Everything just seems to have yellow price stickers on them, and nothing seems to be marked down at all. I haven't seen a dedicated clearance section yet either. Do all best buy's have clearance items or could there be stores out there with no clearance items at all?

From what I've seen, BB clearance is a very YMMV, store-by-store basis kind of thing. I have found so many insane clearance deals at my closest BB over the last year it's just sickening, but the next closest two, have had clearance stuff in the past, but not in the last 6 months, or so.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I got:
Dead Space Extraction for $15[/QUOTE]

How YMMV is DSE? I could really use that one at that price point. I picked up HOTD:Overkill from $12.99 from Amazon (along with Madworld) and have loved every minute of it.

[quote name='SaraAB']Sorry to ask this but I don't shop at best buy much. How do you identify what items are on clearance there? There doesn't seem to be any bins, and the stores around me are horribly organized in a Circuit City like fashion making it difficult to find anything. Everything just seems to have yellow price stickers on them, and nothing seems to be marked down at all. I haven't seen a dedicated clearance section yet either. Do all best buy's have clearance items or could there be stores out there with no clearance items at all?[/QUOTE]

Much like sgaldis said, it varies. Some areas don't even have clearance. I used to live in an area that had two Best Buys within 10 miles of me. No clearance but the Best Buy in an area of town I went to about 25 miles away had a clearance section where each clearance game had an additional yellow square tag with either "25%", "50%" or even a few that had "75%" written on them. They had some in an area that said manager special and some were still integrated with the normal games section.

I moved across town about a year ago. There are two Best Buys fairly close that had clearance and one much further away had nothing. One store had a clearance endcap that had stuff marked to either $4.99 or $9.99 with occasionally good finds. Months later, the other store started marking a bunch of games down to 50% off. The first store stopped having new games added to clearance around the fall and within the past month there has been no more clearance at the other store, with some of the games I saw clearance marked back to full price.

Essentially, it is a huge YMMV and even when you find a store that has them, based on them basically being discretionary sales, there is no guarantee that they will continue.

Not sure if this is YMMV or not but just got the following at my BB in Westwood, CA.

3 Month Premium Gold Pack for $14.99.
Includes:
3 Month XBL subscription
400 MS Points
Wired Headset

[quote name='dvdactor']Much like sgaldis said, it varies. Some areas don't even have clearance. I used to live in an area that had two Best Buys within 10 miles of me. No clearance but the Best Buy in an area of town I went to about 25 miles away had a clearance section where each clearance game had an additional yellow square tag with either "25%", "50%" or even a few that had "75%" written on them. They had some in an area that said manager special and some were still integrated with the normal games section.

I moved across town about a year ago. There are two Best Buys fairly close that had clearance and one much further away had nothing. One store had a clearance endcap that had stuff marked to either $4.99 or $9.99 with occasionally good finds. Months later, the other store started marking a bunch of games down to 50% off. The first store stopped having new games added to clearance around the fall and within the past month there has been no more clearance at the other store, with some of the games I saw clearance marked back to full price.

Essentially, it is a huge YMMV and even when you find a store that has them, based on them basically being discretionary sales, there is no guarantee that they will continue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great reply, I will have to keep my eye out for stores that have actual clearance merchandise and look closer for that merchandise. Most of the BB stores here are in mall's which means they likely have a smaller layout than a larger store, which probably means next to no clearance.

stopped by another BB and saw in $14.99 clearance bin in addition to the others mentioned:

DS
Rhapsody: A Musical Melody
Legend of Kage 2
Trackmania DS

PS3
Monster Madness: Grave Danger

[quote name='Estebon']In their new $14.99 clearance bins, I found Disgaea DS and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume DS. Some other stuff but those I picked up.[/QUOTE]

Question: did it have a 14.99 yellow sticker on the corner? All those clearance games have the same barcode on them so I can't do a store search on Disgaea DS.

Gotta find that.

Yes they did. Every BB has them. So if you strike out at one, go to another.

Also, I found several Fairytale fights for $10. Anyone have an idea what I can do with them?

[quote name='Estebon']Yes they did. Every BB has them. So if you strike out at one, go to another.

Also, I found several Fairytale fights for $10. Anyone have an idea what I can do with them?[/QUOTE]

destroy them. that game is trash.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Question: did it have a 14.99 yellow sticker on the corner? All those clearance games have the same barcode on them so I can't do a store search on Disgaea DS.

Gotta find that.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, it's currently $13.05 on Amazon, through a third party fulfilled by Amazon (in other words, you can still get free shipping if you order $25 or more). Might be worthwhile to just order it rather than going to the effort for searching for something you may or may not find in Best Buy.

[quote name='arcane93']For what it's worth, it's currently $13.05 on Amazon, through a third party fulfilled by Amazon (in other words, you can still get free shipping if you order $25 or more). Might be worthwhile to just order it rather than going to the effort for searching for something you may or may not find in Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

True, just curiousity since I could get an employee discount on it.

Picked up the last copy of
iconxbox360.gif
Call of Duty: World at War Limited Collector's Edition
for only $19.99! This was at the Best Buy in Bowie, MD (off of MD-197).

I also have a thread going, but I thought that I'd mention it in the BB YMMV thread as well.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255333

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Question: did it have a 14.99 yellow sticker on the corner? All those clearance games have the same barcode on them so I can't do a store search on Disgaea DS.

Gotta find that.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You cannot do a store search because these are now classified as "Easterdumpbin" and have a yellow 14.99 sticker on them. Well worth it, much better than the 39.99/16.99 used price at GS

[quote name='mrhappi79']Not sure if this is YMMV or not but just got the following at my BB in Westwood, CA.

3 Month Premium Gold Pack for $14.99.
Includes:
3 Month XBL subscription
400 MS Points
Wired Headset[/QUOTE]

Is it the new headset with no dongle ?

Saw Call of Duty Prestige Edition at West LA store (near Pico) for $74.99. Fairly cheap for this item and they had two large stacks.

[quote name='jiggawhat']Saw Call of Duty Prestige Edition at West LA store (near Pico) for $74.99. Fairly cheap for this item and they had two large stacks.[/QUOTE]
Good find. I wish I could find one for that price.

[quote name='jiggawhat']Saw Call of Duty Prestige Edition at West LA store (near Pico) for $74.99. Fairly cheap for this item and they had two large stacks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Did they have any other clearance stuff or was that it?

[quote name='bojay1997']Thanks. Did they have any other clearance stuff or was that it?[/QUOTE]

That's all i saw. It's right after the Fifa game display.

I'm ready for my BB's clearance rack to return this year. They started it around this time last year, and for 4-5 months, a buddy and I made an absolute KILLING on that stuff...bring back the red dots!

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I saw XBLADES for PC for $6.99 on clearance yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I think I may have said this already about this, but it's not even worth $1. Complete trash, IMO.

I found some of the 360 Rock Band Stage Kits for $25. I really wish they'd drop a bit further.

[quote name='Bezerker']I Hate my best buy. They have a huge clearance rack, but for the last 5 months, stuff has just sat there at the same price.[/QUOTE]

Which one? I can never find a clearance rack at any of the ones in my area it seems like.

[quote name='rodieremix']Which one? I can never find a clearance rack at any of the ones in my area it seems like.[/QUOTE]

The one in Oldsmar. Its in between the blu-ray section and the game section. Last year they used to have really good clearances (games would go down to 25 cents eventually) but it seems like everything they put on clearance now just sits there.

They also have one rack at the very right of the PS3 & 360 sections for "Clearance" games but its basically just the crap no one wants and is still full price (ie Guitar Hero Smash Hits for $40)

Ive had the employees scan random things thinking it could just be they weren't being re-tagged, but nope, the stuff i checked was all still full price.

Oh yeah I don't make it out there too often, but last time it had the same old crap. I saw Metroid Prime Trilogy on the rack but it was $50. What a load.

@Bezerker and rodieremix

sorry, off topic. I just wanted to say that it's cool to see some fellow CAGs in the area. I hit the Oldsmar store once in a while, but I do frequent the Citrus Park store. that's where I do my 'business' when it comes to RZ deals and such :) I always have a great experience at that store, they never give me a problem when it comes to using coupons and such.. (knock on wood)

anyways, just saying whatsup.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I got:
Dead Space Extraction for $15[/QUOTE]

Great find.

I just finished my 1st play through, and it is so very, very good (short, but good). Shorter than "House of the Dead: Overkill" but the story and character development is incredible. The acting and characters are amazing.

Of all the "M" rated games on the Wii that I have played so far, this has to be my favorite. Its one of those games you think about long after you have played it, and you want to go back and play some more.

I just wish they had buried more secrets and unlockables in it. A couple of more levels would have been nice too, but it is so far above other games of its style.

At the best buy in Trumbull CT I got :Wii Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Ultimate all-Stars Colletions Edition For $34.99 which was almost 50%off.They had 1 more left.

Speaking of Tatsunoko, my local BB had the fight stick on clearance for 50% off, so scored one for $29.99. Not bad, a $40 savings.

bread's done
Back