Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Some clearances I remember at the Wilkes Barre, PA store.

Red Steel 2- $10 (Game only, I bought the last bundle they had of both the game and WM+).
Metroid Other M- $25 (they had a shitload on clearance as well).
Fallout NV Collectors Guide-$18

Other than that I haven't seen anything really worthwhile or don't remember it. All those items have a giant 50% sticker on but you still have to argue with the employees to get a manager to override the register because they are fucking dumbasses.

Is the new vegas guide even worth it? I might pick it up for when I start NV.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Some clearances I remember at the Wilkes Barre, PA store.

Red Steel 2- $10 (Game only, I bought the last bundle they had of both the game and WM+).
Metroid Other M- $25 (they had a shitload on clearance as well).
Fallout NV Collectors Guide-$18

Other than that I haven't seen anything really worthwhile or don't remember it. All those items have a giant 50% sticker on but you still have to argue with the employees to get a manager to override the register because they are fucking dumbasses.

Is the new vegas guide even worth it? I might pick it up for when I start NV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - they never have anything good on clearance @ the Wilkes-Barre one, I usually don't even waste my time going in there. If you ever make a trip towards Scranton/Dickson City, the BestBuy up there is alot better.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well a few weeks ago I grabbed one of those Halo:Reach bundles and the damn thing rang up for $149.99 but I mentioned it and the cashier called someone and they adjusted it. So just watch.[/QUOTE]

Reason I asked was b/c if it automatically rang up, it would have been possibly on clearance at other stores, but since they overrode the price, then its an in-store specific markdown.

Case-in-point, my local BB had the Halo Reach Legendarys marked down to $40, but computer said $150 for all stores in the district. They just had a sign up and did their own markdown.

Perimeter store @ Atlanta, GA had a lot of DS games on clearance.
They were in the normal spots, just had to read the tags.

Only deals I saw thoguh were:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $16.99
Professor Layton and the Curious Village $14.99
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box $14.99

[quote name='KlaytonAmory']WarioWare DIY (DS) clearance for $16.99 @Lafayette, IN[/QUOTE]

I saw that at my BB for $9.99 in Joliet, IL. It was the only thing really worth mentioning.

I saw Halo reach legendary for 70-80, is it worth it? I am trying to convert my gift card to paypal so i figure if i can break even to sell it for this it is a win for me.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I saw Halo reach legendary for 70-80, is it worth it? I am trying to convert my gift card to paypal so i figure if i can break even to sell it for this it is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

To convert gift cards to paypal, I've been buying psn cards at BB, setting up game shares on psn and getting paypal gifted by members of the game share. This is assuming you have a PS3 and that the store is online.

[quote name='Remixxxxxxx']Yeah - they never have anything good on clearance @ the Wilkes-Barre one, I usually don't even waste my time going in there. If you ever make a trip towards Scranton/Dickson City, the BestBuy up there is alot better.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, Thanks. I work like a minute from the Best Buy in wilkes barre so it takes me no effort to go and check. If I am ever up that way, I will stop by.

[quote name='jax2001']To convert gift cards to paypal, I've been buying psn cards at BB, setting up game shares on psn and getting paypal gifted by members of the game share. This is assuming you have a PS3 and that the store is online.[/QUOTE]

I mean to say to sell halo reach legendary than 70-80 on here or ebay. Is the flaming helm code still all the rages?

$14.99 for the regular edition of Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PS3. New Tampa Best Buy location. They have at least 30 and probably a lot more they are trying to get rid of!

[quote name='Xellos2099']I saw Halo reach legendary for 70-80, is it worth it? I am trying to convert my gift card to paypal so i figure if i can break even to sell it for this it is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

Like a month ago I bought one for $59.99 and sold the DLC for around $45 on Ebay and then traded the game back to bestbuy for $30 lol.. eventually this one guy I work with offered me $15 for the rest of the stuff so I made a little on it all when its done.

Hit the jackpot in the Topsham, ME store tonight. Huge cart with 50% off stickered price. Picked up...

Bayonetta (360) - $6
MW2 Hardened Edition (360) - $15
COD War Collection - $17
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $7

Other notable deals off the top of my head...

Tony Hike Ride (PS3) - $10
DJ Hero w/ Turntable (360/PS3) - $15
Halo Reach Limited Edition - $40
Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (PS3) - $17
Red Steel 2 w/ WMP Attachment - $11
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $4.50
CoJ: Bound in Blood (360) - $7
Rock Band 3 (DS) - $5

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Good to know, Thanks. I work like a minute from the Best Buy in wilkes barre so it takes me no effort to go and check. If I am ever up that way, I will stop by.[/QUOTE]

Believe me...i live 5 min. from the Dickson city BB, they never have crap there. Dont even bother looking for penny guides cuz IATCG grabs all of em,lol.

[quote name='lude21']Believe me...i live 5 min. from the Dickson city BB, they never have crap there. Dont even bother looking for penny guides cuz IATCG grabs all of em,lol.[/QUOTE]
:razz: Actually they've been pulling them the last 2-4 or so drops at that store and I think I told you about that one manager lady at the WB store who wanted to have me banned for trying to buy the guides they left out on the shelves, right?:lol:

Just imagine how much damage to their bottom line I could've done if I had been hired to work as one of the blue shirt drones?;)

Best Buy at Arundel Mills Mall in MD:
-Shaun White Skateboarding for $12. Tons of them.
-Rock Band Keyboard for Wii was $63-ish. One left. Kind of beat up box. I'd wait if I were you though.
-A copy of New Vegas Collector's Edition on the Xbox was also available for like $50 (can't remember the exact amount).
-Glory of Heracles DS is $14.99 although tagged at $20.99.

There were quite a few other games on clearance. Can't recall the rest of them because this is the first time I've seen this thread, so I didn't bother to remember them exactly.

Columbia, MD Best Buy has stacks of DJ Hero Renegade Edition for $29.99. They're all out of their boxes so they're sitting there in the DJ cases. Not sure about the platform. I think they want you to open up the cases yourself to look.

I was able to get some cheap games the other night from work
Ninja gaden sigma 2 for 6.99
Tekken 6 psp for 6.99
Dragonball for the Wii for 4.99
Epic mickey numchuk for 12
And wario ware DIY and glory of hercules for 12 each

My Store also has had New Vegas Collectors' for $47 for a couple weeks now. I was hoping it would last til I get some money... and I haven't even finished 3 yet! :lol:

Oh backlog, will you ever go down?

[quote name='unopepito06']My Store also has had New Vegas Collectors' for $47 for a couple weeks now. I was hoping it would last til I get some money... and I haven't even finished 3 yet! :lol:

Oh backlog, will you ever go down?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop had them for 30 like a month ago...

BB in Burlington, MA had a few titles on clearance, most I've seen listed above at other locations:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $8.99
Red Steel 2 (game only) - $8.99
Trauma Team - $17.99
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (PS3) - $14.99
Nier - $9.99 (clearance?)

There's also a separate small rack with some 50% special editions. The sign says "50% off sticker price", but employees have been knocking it off whatever the register rings up. Grabbed DC Universe Online PS3 Collector's Edition for $30. There are a few left as of Thursday, as well as some others. I need to update with pricing when I get a chance:

Halo Reach Legendary
Halo Reach Limited
Def Jam Rapstar (w/ Mic)
Bass Pro Shops The Strike Bundle (I think, I don't know my fishing games)
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2

At the Best Buy in Bellevue, WA today I was able to grab a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition for PS3 for 14.99. There were at least 10 other copies on the shelf.

Ugh, wish this Best Buy would start slashing prices on Collectors Editions.

Been staring at the same 5+ copies of Dead Space 2 CE, Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE, and DC Universe CE for full price since thier respective launches.

Some lucky bastard got an Infamous 2 CE for only 59.99 though (No idea why it was on clearance yet)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, wish this Best Buy would start slashing prices on Collectors Editions.

Been staring at the same 5+ copies of Dead Space 2 CE, Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE, and DC Universe CE for full price since thier respective launches.

Some lucky bastard got an Infamous 2 CE for only 59.99 though (No idea why it was on clearance yet)[/QUOTE]

One store near me has all that and a BUNCH of bioshock 2's... at one location they're still listed for 60?

Picked up sigma 2 for 8.99

[quote name='slowdive21']BlazBlue Continuum Shift (PS3) - $14.99 and 50% off, so 7.49

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemists Of Arland 23.99 and 50% off, so 11.99
[/QUOTE]

my stores also had Atelier Rorona for the same price but if i may ask how did you get the 50%off again sorry if i may have missed it if you stated it before

[quote name='renique46']Picked up sigma 2 for 8.99

my stores also had Atelier Rorona for the same price but if i may ask how did you get the 50%off again sorry if i may have missed it if you stated it before[/QUOTE]

Blaz Blue was tagged on the back with a 50% off sticker. I talked to the guy form electronics and he said they would do the same for the other game because they are both "End of Life Games" (EOL in their system).

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, wish this Best Buy would start slashing prices on Collectors Editions.

Some lucky bastard got an Infamous 2 CE for only 59.99 though (No idea why it was on clearance yet)[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 CE :ps3: has dropped to $39.99. I've seen it labeled as such at two Best Buys now. Not sure if the 360 version dropped as well (neither store had it in stock), but I don't see why it wouldn't have dropped too.

[quote name='elrobo8']Dead Space 2 CE :ps3: has dropped to $39.99. I've seen it labeled as such at two Best Buys now. Not sure if the 360 version dropped as well (neither store had it in stock), but I don't see why it wouldn't have dropped too.[/QUOTE]

is it the first run copy, or the one with the gun? If it comes with the gun Im going to go look into this!

[quote name='admiralvic']is it the first run copy, or the one with the gun? If it comes with the gun Im going to go look into this![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what gun you're talking about. The only difference between the game's runs (that I know of) is that the first was the "limited edition" that came with Extraction. I'm 99% certain that all Dead Space 2 CEs come with this version of the game, as CEs are usually exclusive to the first run of a game.

[quote name='elrobo8']I'm not sure what gun you're talking about. The only difference between the game's runs (that I know of) is that the first was the "limited edition" that came with Extraction. I'm 99% certain that all Dead Space 2 CEs come with this version of the game, as CEs are usually exclusive to the first run of a game.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I mixed them up >.>

Limited edition had extraction.
Collectors edition had the plasma cutter.

[quote name='admiralvic']Sorry I mixed them up >.>

Limited edition had extraction.
Collectors edition had the plasma cutter.[/QUOTE]

It's okay. They made things kind of confusing having both a limited AND collector's edition of the same game. Just remember: the collector's edition is the limited edition PLUS the plasma cutter, DLC, soundtrack, and lithograph.

[quote name='elrobo8']Dead Space 2 CE :ps3: has dropped to $39.99. I've seen it labeled as such at two Best Buys now. Not sure if the 360 version dropped as well (neither store had it in stock), but I don't see why it wouldn't have dropped too.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just to simplify: the one with the big box/plasma cutter is 39.99. ;)

I saw Trinity Universe for $23.99, Katamari Forever for $24.99, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage for $23.99. Has anybody seen Star Ocean The Last Hope International clearanced at $14.99?

Nice clearance in Astoria, NY.

Just Cause 2 (PS3) $10
Metro 2033 (360) $15
Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars (Wii) $3
Ys Seven (PSP) $10
Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) $5
Bookworm (DS) $5
Broken Sword (DS) $3
Where the Wild Things Are (DS) $3

Funny how it's easier to find new games for $3-5 than used games.

Saw at the West Lebanon, NH store:
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition :360: $9.99
Tom Clancy's HAWX :ps3: $9.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 :ps3: $9.99
NARUTO Shippuden: Ninja Council 4 :ds: $8.99

[quote name='onyzukae']Are they changed price tag on clearances games? or have to check price?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your store. Even if they put up a price tag, sometimes it's wrong because it's out of date.

I picked up a PlayStation 3 Sound Bar today for $79.00. I'd been interested in this at twice the price, so this was a must grab. I've seen it at more than one store at this price...and it is labeled as a clearance item.

[quote name='GTAERgameing']Saw at the West Lebanon, NH store:
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition :360: $9.99
Tom Clancy's HAWX :ps3: $9.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 :ps3: $9.99
NARUTO Shippuden: Ninja Council 4 :ds: $8.99[/QUOTE]

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition 9.99? I WANT THIS!

bread's done
Back