Official Bull Moose Music thread! [Bull Moose last post: 07/08/09!]

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but considering that there only seems to be locations in Maine/New Hampshire I never wanted to waste a post.

I'll list the ten locations right here (taken from the About Us page from www.bullmoose.com):

Bull Moose #1
151 Maine Street
Brunswick, Maine 04011
Ph: 207-725-1289
Hours: 9:00am – 10pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #2
Windham Shopping Center
North Windham, Maine 04062
Ph: 207-893-1303
Hours: 9:30am – 11pm Mon-Thurs
9:30am – midnight Fri-Sat
10am – 10pm Sun

Bull Moose #3
151 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Ph: 207-780-6424
Hours: 10am – 11pm every day

Bull Moose 4
Lewiston Mall
Lewiston, ME 04240
Ph: 207-784-6463
Hours: 9am – 9pm Mon-Sat
9am – 5pm Sun

Bull Moose #5
82-86 Congress Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Ph: 603-422-9525
9:30am – 11pm Tues-Sat
9:30am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #6
Center For Shopping
Sanford, ME 04073
Ph: 207-324-5786
Hours: 9:30am – 10pm Mon-Sat
9:30am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose #7
Elm Plaza
Waterville, ME 04901
Ph: 207-861-5884
Hours: 9am – 10p Mon-Sat
9am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose Music #8
Maine Square Mall
683 Hogan Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Ph: 207-262-0410
Hours: 9am-11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #9
356-366 So. Broadway
Salem, NH 03079
Ph: 603-898-6254
Hours: 10am – midnight every day

Bull Moose #10
456 Payne Rd.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Ph: 207-885-9553
Hours: 9am – 11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

If people could post deals or any specials that are going on at certain locations. Also post which location you went to so we can figure out if they're YMMV for different stores or if all the store are kind the same prices/trade-in value. Another note of interest is that Bull Moose always has new games that just came out for around $45.xx brand new and might be good for price matching at BB or CC.

When I went to the one in Scarborough, ME a couple days ago I picked up a NEW copy of DDR: Mario Mix for $45.97.

I also traded in:

Future Tactics (GC) for $6 a copy (2 copies for $12 credit)
Twisted Metal III (PS1) for $4 credit
Total credit: $16 (paid $6 for all 3 games; gained $10)

I would've gotten less if I had taken ca$h, but I grabbed Mario Mix so I used it all that day anyways.

Plus, I had an old copy of Q bert 3 for SNES lying around and they would've given me $2 for and Robotech Battlecry (PS2) that they were going to give me $6 for, so I just kept those two games.

That's about it, please post any deals promotions that you find and at which locations. I'd also like to see if we could get a small trade-in list going for these stores.

EDIT(1): Edited the title to make this the "official" Bull Moose thread. :)
EDIT(2): Edited the title to say when the last time Bull Moose made a post.
EDIT(3): Edited the title to notify everyone of Wii Preorder Bundle.
EDIT(4): Edited the title to notify everyone that Wii Preorders are SOLD OUT!
EDIT(5): Edited the title by taking out the Wii Bundle being sold out.
EDIT(6): Edited the title to notify Bull Moose was back and posting again! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8littlefield']That's really bizarre. I taught at Cony for 2 years, from 2000 - 2002. The really weird part is that if 3Q is who I think he is (and unless he has a brother who looks EXACTLY like him, I think I'm right) - I actually had him in a few of my classes...

Of course - that was before I quit teaching for the high life and wealth of customer service :) . I quit teaching when I left Cony - I was just too young and fresh from college at the time to be overly "teacher-y".[/QUOTE]
hey where did you go to high school? I knew a nate littlefield but that last name is kind of common up there. I graduated out of carrabec in 96 but went to skowhegan my first two years

I actually graduated from Vinalhaven High School in 1995, then went onto Farmington for college until 1999, taught at Cony from 00 - 02, now I'm in Lewiston. I'm actually likely to go back to teaching in the fall, hoping to move back up towards Farmington.

MR. LITTLEFIELD! OMG YOU WERE THE BEST TEACH EVER! I UNDERSTAND YOUR NAME NOW (N8 FOR NATE)! OMG!

Okay...I'm calm now...wholly f'ing cow though! How's it going? I haven't seen you in awhile! Where are you living, somewhere in Portland? Man Computer Basic + Study Hall were good times. I remember my friend Josh Mitchell had you for math and he thought you were awesome as well. I don't know if Cony was sad when you left, but I would've been sad (if I was graduating when you left anyways). But as you said teaching didn't pay jack and no I haven't forgotten you AT ALL! This is cool, I never thought I meet someone on CAG that I knew in REAL LIFE. :)

EDIT:

BTW this is odd:
YOU JOINED 12/29/04
I JOINED 12/15/04

[quote name='n8littlefield']I actually graduated from Vinalhaven High School in 1995, then went onto Farmington for college until 1999, taught at Cony from 00 - 02, now I'm in Lewiston. I'm actually likely to go back to teaching in the fall, hoping to move back up towards Farmington.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind about the where you live part of my insane speal...I see you live in Lewiston. :)

I thought it was you!

I would have to say this is the weirdest thing I've had happen online for awhile. Last night, when I noticed the picture, it totally screwed with my head. I mean what in the hell are the chances that someone on here would be someone I actually knew?

I work for Unumprovident in Portland (insurance) but I actually work from home in Lewiston for right now. Are you still at USM? What major?

I'd ask if you're still playing games, but I guess that goes without saying. I'm actually gaming more than when I taught - since I don't have to correct papers and crap in the evenings...I do miss the vacations though!

Since everyone seems to know everyone else I may as well ask about someone that just popped into my head. I used to know a kid names russel littlefield who lived in new hampshire. Does n8littlefield know him?

[quote name='n8littlefield']I thought it was you!

I would have to say this is the weirdest thing I've had happen online for awhile. Last night, when I noticed the picture, it totally screwed with my head. I mean what in the hell are the chances that someone on here would be someone I actually knew?

I work for Unumprovident in Portland (insurance) but I actually work from home in Lewiston for right now. Are you still at USM? What major?

I'd ask if you're still playing games, but I guess that goes without saying. I'm actually gaming more than when I taught - since I don't have to correct papers and crap in the evenings...I do miss the vacations though![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm still at USM and I'm graduating in May! Only a month or so away now! I'm a Business major (Marketing Concentration) and I hope to be gainfully employed soon. :)

I don't play online games as much, but I still play PS2 mostly (Final Fantasy/Metal Gear type games).

This is weird, but it's also great! Now I have an extra incentive to check CAG all the time.

[quote name='n8littlefield']I thought it was you!

I'd ask if you're still playing games, but I guess that goes without saying. I'm actually gaming more than when I taught - since I don't have to correct papers and crap in the evenings...I do miss the vacations though![/QUOTE]
go on myspace and this kind of thing happens weekly. Did you have any relatives in Norridgewock

I don't know of any relatives in Norridgewock - but truthfully, my father's family is a bit big and I can't keep track of them, so it is very possible.

I'm not on myspace either. I think I'm too old for that, and I'm not nearly trendy enough. Isn't it required that you either be a goth or all emo for those things? My hair doesn't fall down in front of my face, and I'm not good at taking pictures of myself at odd angles and writing poetry. Basically, I don't have enough drama in my life to justify a page of my own.

I'm an old fart now, with a kid and a job and all that crap. I basically just hang out on a few message boards while I work and write game reviews for a small DS website or playing Guitar Hero.

You write game reviews? I want to do that! Are you getting paid for it? Also, how come I have this sudden urge to call you Mr. Littlefield? (LOL!)

I remember that you had a wife in school while you were teaching correct? But I think the kid is new, how is he/she?

Just as a hobby. I haven't reviewed much lately because our entire website crashed, so right now I'm helping re-write the website itself. It involves learning a new programming language at the same time so it's going to take a little while. It's a site that's just for DS/PSP reviews. I don't get paid, we're too small for that - but I do get free review copies of games, so that's nice :)

I only do the DS reviews, I don't have a PSP - just a bit too rich for my blood right now.

I was married when I taught, but didn't have a kid. He's 1.5 years old now, named Lucas (after George Lucas naturally.)

I have a feeling I'll be Mr. Littlefield again in the fall. Probably try to end up in a smaller school than Cony if I do. Cony was just too f'n big for me. I've been doing insurance for 3.5 years now, and it's pretty mind numbing - I've got to do something that requires actual thought - so maybe teaching. Plus, it would be nice to (finally) get out of Lewiston.

Where are you planning to look for work - within the state or elsewhere?

[quote name='n8littlefield']Just as a hobby. I haven't reviewed much lately because our entire website crashed, so right now I'm helping re-write the website itself. It involves learning a new programming language at the same time so it's going to take a little while. It's a site that's just for DS/PSP reviews. I don't get paid, we're too small for that - but I do get free review copies of games, so that's nice :)

I only do the DS reviews, I don't have a PSP - just a bit too rich for my blood right now.

I was married when I taught, but didn't have a kid. He's 1.5 years old now, named Lucas (after George Lucas naturally.)

I have a feeling I'll be Mr. Littlefield again in the fall. Probably try to end up in a smaller school than Cony if I do. Cony was just too f'n big for me. I've been doing insurance for 3.5 years now, and it's pretty mind numbing - I've got to do something that requires actual thought - so maybe teaching. Plus, it would be nice to (finally) get out of Lewiston.

Where are you planning to look for work - within the state or elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Within the state for right now, I figure I'll spend at least 1-2 years in Maine before I go anywhere else. This is where my mom (Augusta), dad (Portland), and brother (Portland) all live so I figured why not stick around for a few years...cept I am having trouble finding a job and it's getting closer to May so I'm getting kinda nervous. My dad has actually suggested that I work as a sales rep at Unum...but I really don't want to work in sales (even though I'd prolly get a ton of money). I'd rather do something that I enjoy a lot more. As far as teaching goes I say hey do what makes you happy! Also, you were a VERY good teacher and you were still young enough to relate to your students (which I thought was fantastic). If more teachers were like you this world would be a better place.

Another side note: Could I do some reviews for this site as well? I would do it if I got to keep the games that I got to write reviews about (that's payment in iteself).

Anyways, that's pretty much what's been going on in my life. I'm excited about graduating, but at the same time I'm a little nervous to be venturing on to the working world Full-Time every single week. I just hope I can get an okay job and not become a homeless bum on the street. :)

Once we get the site back up and running I'll put your name in for reviews. We actually think once we start back up we will be shorthanded so I'm sure you'll be able to get in. For right now, we're not even getting copies of games in until we relaunch the site. It's all handheld gaming - do you have a GBA, DS, or PSP?

We're at the point where we can afford to have me be a teacher again, and we have friends up towards Farmington, plus April (my wife) is going back to school to get her teaching certificate, so it looks like we're going to head north in the fall. Plus - I have to admit, I REALLY miss having summers off!!

UNUM is a pretty decent place to work, they pay well and they have really good benefits. I'm work for the call center, making more money than I was teaching, working from home, and taking calls on disability claims and policy questions for life insurance. It's not a bad job, just gets mind numbing really quickly. I took it purely for $$ reasons, but I think everyone has to do that at some point. I'm sure you'll be able to fall into a job pretty easily - especially since it sounds like you could look both in Portland and Augusta.

[quote name='n8littlefield']Once we get the site back up and running I'll put your name in for reviews. We actually think once we start back up we will be shorthanded so I'm sure you'll be able to get in. For right now, we're not even getting copies of games in until we relaunch the site. It's all handheld gaming - do you have a GBA, DS, or PSP?

We're at the point where we can afford to have me be a teacher again, and we have friends up towards Farmington, plus April (my wife) is going back to school to get her teaching certificate, so it looks like we're going to head north in the fall. Plus - I have to admit, I REALLY miss having summers off!!

UNUM is a pretty decent place to work, they pay well and they have really good benefits. I'm work for the call center, making more money than I was teaching, working from home, and taking calls on disability claims and policy questions for life insurance. It's not a bad job, just gets mind numbing really quickly. I took it purely for $$ reasons, but I think everyone has to do that at some point. I'm sure you'll be able to fall into a job pretty easily - especially since it sounds like you could look both in Portland and Augusta.[/QUOTE]

I have a GBA, but I've contemplating getting a DS/PSP...it's just that I'm happy enough with the GBA for now. That sounds pretty awesome about going back to teaching because you were the shiznit! Anyways, now that you mentioned that 4-way chess board I might have to go find one myself (since that one was Nate's). Although those times in study hall with you, nate, myself, and blackie were awesome! I don't even remember that blackie kid's name, but we just named him that because he always choose black, haha. Good times good times...

On a another note: Anyone go to Bull Moose lately? I haven't been because I've gotten so many good deals on games lately, there's been no reason. I have been thinking about going to check out CC to see what they have left though. :)

I'm going to hit Bull Moose this weekend, I think. I get a bonus at work this week, and I think we'll end up hitting the "big city" then. I'll post if/when I hit them (I'm especially curious about the price drop on NES games!)

Cheers to CAG for reuniting a teacher and his student! Seriously though I love the Bull Moose by the mall it has the best selection of games/cd's/dvd's. It says they're hiring and a part of me wants to work there just so I can get a discount on stuff.

I found a copy of Resident Evil 3 (PS1) NEW/SEALED for $14.72 in the clearance rack. The funny thing is that there were NEW/SLEAD copies in the regular racks for $25-$30...and somehow this one got into the clearance racks for half off and I snatched it up. Also got a copy of Simpsons Skateboarding (PS2) for $11.97 mint/complete.

I swear everytime I go to Bull Moose I find something good. Next I'm going to check out TRU on thursday and see if there's anything good left on green tagged. At 90% off there's gotta be something.

EDIT: It was $14.72 after the 50% was taken off...so it was an okay price. :)

That's cool, usually if you see a PS1 game still sealed it's because it's a game no-one would want!

I really have to stop buying game for awhile (I've got too many to play right now), but I know I won't be able to resist hitting at least the Lewiston store this weekend. I just ordered Metroid and Castlevania 3 for my NES from another message board, so I think that will be it for classic games until yard sale season starts!

I hit the Bullmoose in Scarborough today. Traded in a few older games, picked up Capcom Classics for the PS2 used for $11, Mega Man Classics used for $18 and Vice: Project Doom and Xenophobe for the NES for $4 each.

Got home and my copies of Castlevania 3 and Metroid had arrived, so it'll be a busy night tonight!

Alright, come on now Brett! Did you forget about us? :(

I'm sure you're very busy, but we haven't heard from you in awhile and I got distracted from meeting my former teacher.

I haven't been to Bullmoose in a few days, but I'm sure the next time I go I will report any happenings on here.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Hey, if the bullmoose guy reads this, I know some bullmoose stores have records, are they inventoried or anything? I'm trying to finish off my phil ochs collection and I'm having difficulty with a few, was wondering if I went to a store if they could check and see if any others had the records in stock. I'd rather find them then buy them off ebay.[/QUOTE]

BTW, interesting note since I was in the Scarborough Warehouse store last. Someone asked if their vynl records were inventoried and the person working the counter said that they weren't...don't know if that helps any. I would say from overhearing that conversation that they aren't inventoried.

[quote name='3QGojo']Any updates from anyone? :)[/quote]
Sorry I disappeared for a while. If anyone lives in the Sanford area, yesterday we completely refixtured our Sanford store to fit about twice as much stuff as it used to.

As for the questions --- we do inventory some vinyl but not all vinyl. The reason (and this holds for videogames also) that we don't inventory every item is that we get our vendors to give us computerized lists of their inventory so we don't have to hand type every single item into our database. However, since we now have four other companies using our software, the date is rapidly approaching where it will make sense to hand type in more and more of that stuff. Honestly, vinyl is not up there on the list, but some older video games are likely to get hand keyed at some time in the near-ish future.

For the specific question, if we had them in stock, we would inventory vinyl of Phil Ochs' Broadside Tapes or Toast to Those Who Are Gone, but unfortunately we have not carried either of those on vinyl ever. The rest of his catalog would not be inventoried on vinyl if we had it (which is unlikely).

On new features news, we're also going to allow you the ability at some point to query our stores directly to see if we have an item and if it's new and/or used before you go there. Or allow you to "special order" an out of print item, and get alerted if we ever buy it back used from somone. These will not be for public consumption for the near future, but we'll have beta code going within a few months. If any of you guys would like to test querying for titles to see our price and if we have them used at all before going to the store, I'll invite you to be part of our beta test if we go that route --- it will be beta, so the UI (user interface) will suck, but it will close to feature complete.

As for pricing games, your instincts have been right --- we've been moving forward on a lot of stuff, but haven't gotten anywhere near to all the systems/areas yet. We are also moving out limited amounts of overstock stuff through amazon --- if you search the zShops there, you can see a full listing of the videogames we have up there and their pricing. But the shipping cost would make it not a good deal in some cases, so you'd want to watch out for that... we don't control the shipping they charge, and it seems kind of unfair that the shipping doesn't go down if you buy multiple items from one vendor (since we could, of course, ship them in one box). It's too bad that they can't let us sell them without shipping and make them available for pickup...

Brett's back!

I like that "available for pickup" idea because I could do that no problem. However, selling stuff on Amazon gives people outside of ME/NH a chance to try the fine products that Bull Moose provides so I can't say it's a bad idea. I think it's just better to have your own website setup that you can do different things with. Of course I know that would take time, but I'd be willing to participate in any beta testing you'd want to do. :)

Oh, and one more thing...you could sell stuff on here to CAG's if it's overstock that you really need to get rid of. There's a trading forum and you can post stuff for sale or trade there. Everyone on here (including myself) has done some trading/selling/buying.

I was just in Bullmoose in Lewiston and was told they were cutting back on what they were paying out for used DVDs and games because they were getting so much in right now. Kind of a shame, I was using them for all my tradeins, but may have to stop (one game I brought in was worth $24 at Gamestop but only $8 at Bullmoose now...)

[quote name='n8littlefield']I was just in Bullmoose in Lewiston and was told they were cutting back on what they were paying out for used DVDs and games because they were getting so much in right now. Kind of a shame, I was using them for all my tradeins, but may have to stop (one game I brought in was worth $24 at Gamestop but only $8 at Bullmoose now...)[/QUOTE]

That's sad really...I used to use Bull Moose for a lot of my trade-ins, but I don't think I'll get much for them anymore. I think the key for trading stuff in for me is...to look and see what the game for sells new/used and then take a % of that and kinda guess what they might give you for it...I'm not exactly sure how it works...maybe if the Bull Moose guy could enlighten us on how their system works we could help make changes or give input...because it seems as though some games aren't worth the trade-in value that they get, while others are worth more than what their trade-in values are.

[quote name='3QGojo']That's sad really...I used to use Bull Moose for a lot of my trade-ins, but I don't think I'll get much for them anymore. I think the key for trading stuff in for me is...to look and see what the game for sells new/used and then take a % of that and kinda guess what they might give you for it...I'm not exactly sure how it works...maybe if the Bull Moose guy could enlighten us on how their system works we could help make changes or give input...because it seems as though some games aren't worth the trade-in value that they get, while others are worth more than what their trade-in values are.[/QUOTE]

I do know they rank things by what type of condition they are in, the guy told me that too. The manager at the Lewiston store warned me before scanning my stuff in that I might be disappointed because chain wide they just reduced the percentages of what they are paying. Oh well, they were overpaying on some stuff - but $8 for a game that still retails for $50 really surprised me (especially if Gamestop offered $24, and they are usually really cheap!)

Thanks for posting that and bringing it to my attention. What Peter told you is, well, to put it bluntly, completely full of poo poo. Our maximum credit on top tier games is now higher than it has ever been. It -is- true, however, that outdated/antiquated games are now offered at closer to their real market prices --- so we do offer less for them but are also selling them for way less too.

What was the game that you were only offered 8$ for? And, if you can be honest about it, was it in horrible condition or anything? Because we do grade items... Here is our grading system:
A: Very Good to Like New/New
B: Good - very, very likely to play and unlikely to cause a customer not to buy it
C: Average - probably will play, but also likely to cause a customer to think twice about buying it
D: Unlikely to play

And here are the percentages of maximum credit that you get:
A: 100%
B: 80%
C: 40%
D: almost nothing... we end destroying these.

So, I think that the person doing the buyback downgraded your item to a C grade... If you would be so kind as to give me a list of what you wanted to sell, I can get to the bottom of this so another customer isn't inconvenienced the way you were. Again, I'm sorry that we didn't offer you fair prices and thank you for bringing it up so that we can fix the issue.

Seriously, I think you may have just answered why our Lewiston store has had the worst performance on videogames out of all of our stores.

[quote name='n8littlefield']I do know they rank things by what type of condition they are in, the guy told me that too. The manager at the Lewiston store warned me before scanning my stuff in that I might be disappointed because chain wide they just reduced the percentages of what they are paying. Oh well, they were overpaying on some stuff - but $8 for a game that still retails for $50 really surprised me (especially if Gamestop offered $24, and they are usually really cheap!)[/quote]

[quote name='Bull Moose']Thanks for posting that and bringing it to my attention. What Peter told you is, well, to put it bluntly, completely full of poo poo. Our maximum credit on top tier games is now higher than it has ever been. It -is- true, however, that outdated/antiquated games are now offered at closer to their real market prices --- so we do offer less for them but are also selling them for way less too.

What was the game that you were only offered 8$ for? And, if you can be honest about it, was it in horrible condition or anything? Because we do grade items... Here is our grading system:
B: Good - very, very likely to play and unlikely to cause a customer not to buy it
C: Average - probably will play, but also likely to cause a customer to think twice about buying it

So, I think that the person doing the buyback downgraded your item to a C grade... If you would be so kind as to give me a list of what you wanted to sell, I can get to the bottom of this so another customer isn't inconvenienced the way you were. Again, I'm sorry that we didn't offer you fair prices and thank you for bringing it up so that we can fix the issue.

Seriously, I think you may have just answered why our Lewiston store has had the worst performance on videogames out of all of our stores.[/QUOTE]

Everything I've traded in has either been New/Like New. I haven't tried to trade-in anything recently so I don't know what I'd get now.

Well, the movies I brought in I understood why they didn't bring much credit - they were the Lord of the Rings extended editions and I knew they were fairly heavily returned by alot of people. I figured I'd never have time to sit down for 12+ hrs again (having a 1.5 yr old son!) so I'd trade them in now and buy a nice boxed set later. Apparently a lot of people felt that way so I was offered like $5, $6, and $8 for them if I remember right - kind of low for the extended versions, but understandable. And truthfully, Gamestop offered almost the exact same for them.

The game was Starwars Battlefront 2 (PS2). As far as I know it hasn't dropped to $20 or anything like that, I know I paid $50 for it when I got it, and like I said I hit Gamestop about 20 minutes later and was offered $24. I haven't traded it in yet, because either way I couldn't come up with enough credit for Metroid DS or Tetris DS :)

The condition of my stuff (and I'm probably going to sound somewhat arrogant here) is pristine. I'm older (29) and take really good care of my electronics. When I bring my stuff into places like EB/Gamestop/Bullmoose, I actually get compliments on how nice my stuff is as they never have a scratch, always have all the booklets/inserts/etc.

And yes, it was Peter that told me that chainwide your tradein values have dropped over the past few days. Truthfully, I had never seen Peter before, so I noticed his name just because I'd never seen anyone at your Lewiston store my age or older so it surprised me!! If you don't mind checking those DVD's and game for me - if he wasn't offering me full value I'd be really tempted to hit Scarborough this weekend to try it there.

[quote name='Bull Moose']Thanks for posting that and bringing it to my attention. What Peter told you is, well, to put it bluntly, completely full of poo poo. Our maximum credit on top tier games is now higher than it has ever been. It -is- true, however, that outdated/antiquated games are now offered at closer to their real market prices --- so we do offer less for them but are also selling them for way less too.

Seriously, I think you may have just answered why our Lewiston store has had the worst performance on videogames out of all of our stores.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time to post back!

There is no way that you should have to drive to Scarborough to sell anything back (unless you wanted to go to Scarborough) --- I will be sure our staff follows buying back things appropriately - I'm sorry again that that wasn't the way you were handled initially.

For the Star Wars Battlefront 2 we should have offered you $21 --- I know that's less than the $24 at EB, so it looks like I've got some tweaking to do on that to get so we beat them! --- we would sell it for 28.97 (where they sell those for what, almost 40 bucks used?), so we should probably be offering a bit more and selling it a bit higher --- my goal is to make it so we are always offering at least a tiny bit more than them while at the same time selling them cheaper... We can get away with that successfully and still make a decent profit because by being locally owned, we have wicked low overhead.

The DVDs appear to be closer to the correct range (it would depend on the exact UPC of the one you have), like some of them are being brought in at 13 to 15 bucks, but it depends on the specific version (by the way, I'm with you on the kid thing, I have two young kids and I can't remember the last time I could get away with watching a whole fantasy or sci-fi film)

As for selling them and getting the wrong price, at Bull Moose, our computer should be pricing them consistently across our locations, so the fact that the manager decided to override things to give you unfair prices is a problem that will be rectified today.

And, the BS line you were given about being offered less chain wide is patently false because I am the one who personally writes the code that sets the buy and sell prices for used items! And that code is the same across all our stores.

Again, thanks for posting your problem in the store.

For anyone else who has had any issue, I have very thick skin and genuinely appreciate constructive criticism.

[quote name='n8littlefield']Well, the movies I brought in I understood why they didn't bring much credit - they were the Lord of the Rings extended editions and I knew they were fairly heavily returned by alot of people. I figured I'd never have time to sit down for 12+ hrs again (having a 1.5 yr old son!) so I'd trade them in now and buy a nice boxed set later. Apparently a lot of people felt that way so I was offered like $5, $6, and $8 for them if I remember right - kind of low for the extended versions, but understandable. And truthfully, Gamestop offered almost the exact same for them.

The game was Starwars Battlefront 2 (PS2). As far as I know it hasn't dropped to $20 or anything like that, I know I paid $50 for it when I got it, and like I said I hit Gamestop about 20 minutes later and was offered $24. I haven't traded it in yet, because either way I couldn't come up with enough credit for Metroid DS or Tetris DS :)

The condition of my stuff (and I'm probably going to sound somewhat arrogant here) is pristine. I'm older (29) and take really good care of my electronics. When I bring my stuff into places like EB/Gamestop/Bullmoose, I actually get compliments on how nice my stuff is as they never have a scratch, always have all the booklets/inserts/etc.

And yes, it was Peter that told me that chainwide your tradein values have dropped over the past few days. Truthfully, I had never seen Peter before, so I noticed his name just because I'd never seen anyone at your Lewiston store my age or older so it surprised me!! If you don't mind checking those DVD's and game for me - if he wasn't offering me full value I'd be really tempted to hit Scarborough this weekend to try it there.[/quote]

Wow - thanks for the response. I certainly don't mean to stir up a bees nest. I'll feel kind of foolish bringing in the same tradeins, but maybe I'll give it a go over the weekend and see what happens. And truthfully $21 vs $24 is no big deal to me at all, since what I can get with credit at Bullmoose goes much farther since you do price the used stuff MUCH more fairly. I would say that if that game is $50 new, EB/Gamestop probably have it at $40 used!

It sounds like maybe by accident he priced them at lower quality than they are...$8 is almost 40% of $21 - so if he said $8.50 and I missed the .50 that would be about right. I'm sure it was an honest mistake on his part if that's what happened. I'll just tell them a mysterous post on the internet made me think I was given the wrong price on the game!

BTW, do you folks have the ability to special order games? They didn't have Metroid or Tetris for the Nintendo DS in yet, and I thought if I had enough credit to pick one of them up, I might have it ordered...

Edit: FYI, on the chainwide pricing being consistent - last weekend I had some stuff worth $34, but couldn't find anything in the Lewiston store I wanted, so I waited to trade them in. We went down to Scarborough and I was given the exact same amount of store credit - so I would say it works quite well - must have been a one time mistake by the Lewiston store. Just don't let them know I was a pain in the a$$ - I don't need my Bullmoose card revoked :) !

Don't worry, you're not stirring up a bees nest --- we just like hearing areas that we can improve or areas where errors are made... I've done a bit of research and it seems that the store may have been confused by a change that we made a few months ago --- what we did was increase the amount of money someone would get in credit, but didn't want to increase the cash amount --- so since we boosted the credit, we increased the cash 'discount' price from 20% less to 25% less. But since the credit price was higher, then the cash price would be the same as before while the credit price is higher than before. As I type this I can see why someone could get confused over it! And that combined with the fact that the antiquated games that we were way overpaying for in the past are now bought and sold at more reasonable prices (we still have a lot of work to do in that area too, though!) --- I can see how someone could put 2 and 2 together and come out with the wrong conclusion about our pricing... And I agree with you that the misgrading could just be an error (although the "A" key on the keyboard is not exactly close to the "C" key), but it's clear that our training needs to be a bit better ... The whole clan in Lewiston are good people and I'm sure Peter (who has been our manager there for years) didn't mean any harm, but helping make sure errors are minimized is something that everyone (including me!) needs to keep working on.

As for the two DS games, I asked our buyer and those came from a more distant warehouse than normal (this issue I guess that won't be rectified on DS games until the beginning of April), so they got delayed at least a day --- they will be in store today. The quantities coming in are small, so if you want one help, PM me and I'll have them hold either of them (PS there is no obligation if we hold it, I'd just ask if we do hold it and you don't want it to please let us know so we can put them out for sale.)... When they're in I'll post back the price so you can make whatever call you want on 'em...

Thanks again for the feedback! It helps us improve our training and service and minimize our errors --- don't worry, feedback doesn't get someone in trouble per se, instead it helps us get better at selling games! And since we've got a ways to go before we're crushing the competition at all facets of selling games (we don't just want to beat them on price like we do now --- we want to crush them on selection, service and price), all the feedback is helpful!

[quote name='n8littlefield']Wow - thanks for the response. I certainly don't mean to stir up a bees nest. I'll feel kind of foolish bringing in the same tradeins, but maybe I'll give it a go over the weekend and see what happens. And truthfully $21 vs $24 is no big deal to me at all, since what I can get with credit at Bullmoose goes much farther since you do price the used stuff MUCH more fairly. I would say that if that game is $50 new, EB/Gamestop probably have it at $40 used!

It sounds like maybe by accident he priced them at lower quality than they are...$8 is almost 40% of $21 - so if he said $8.50 and I missed the .50 that would be about right. I'm sure it was an honest mistake on his part if that's what happened. I'll just tell them a mysterous post on the internet made me think I was given the wrong price on the game!

BTW, do you folks have the ability to special order games? They didn't have Metroid or Tetris for the Nintendo DS in yet, and I thought if I had enough credit to pick one of them up, I might have it ordered...[/quote]

Thanks for the response again. I send off a quick PM on reserving one of the games. I really appreciate it. There really is a huge advantage of doing business with a smaller chain.

One last question - is the Scarborough store the only one that carries classic games?

No prob!

Yeah, for now the Scarb store probably has 99.9% of all of our classic games...

[quote name='n8littlefield']Thanks for the response again. I send off a quick PM on reserving one of the games. I really appreciate it. There really is a huge advantage of doing business with a smaller chain.

One last question - is the Scarborough store the only one that carries classic games?[/quote]

[quote name='Bull Moose']Thanks for taking the time to post back!

There is no way that you should have to drive to Scarborough to sell anything back (unless you wanted to go to Scarborough) --- I will be sure our staff follows buying back things appropriately - I'm sorry again that that wasn't the way you were handled initially.

For the Star Wars Battlefront 2 we should have offered you $21 --- I know that's less than the $24 at EB, so it looks like I've got some tweaking to do on that to get so we beat them! --- we would sell it for 28.97 (where they sell those for what, almost 40 bucks used?), so we should probably be offering a bit more and selling it a bit higher --- my goal is to make it so we are always offering at least a tiny bit more than them while at the same time selling them cheaper... We can get away with that successfully and still make a decent profit because by being locally owned, we have wicked low overhead.

The DVDs appear to be closer to the correct range (it would depend on the exact UPC of the one you have), like some of them are being brought in at 13 to 15 bucks, but it depends on the specific version (by the way, I'm with you on the kid thing, I have two young kids and I can't remember the last time I could get away with watching a whole fantasy or sci-fi film)

As for selling them and getting the wrong price, at Bull Moose, our computer should be pricing them consistently across our locations, so the fact that the manager decided to override things to give you unfair prices is a problem that will be rectified today.

And, the BS line you were given about being offered less chain wide is patently false because I am the one who personally writes the code that sets the buy and sell prices for used items! And that code is the same across all our stores.

Again, thanks for posting your problem in the store.

For anyone else who has had any issue, I have very thick skin and genuinely appreciate constructive criticism.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to know that all the prices are the same in all of the stores. I'm not sure if I've had much trouble with trade-ins because I've always gotten more than what I initially paid for the game (which is better than renting IMHO). I mean if I can buy a game and try it out to see if I like it and then just return it to Bull Moose for a higher amount of trade-in credit than why not? It's like renting for free and Bull Moose ends up with basically a New/Like New game.

You are also right about Gamestop selling it for more money (usually $40 or $44) and they only give you $3 more too...I've always like the fact that if someone trades-in a new title at Bull Moose then I can get it for basically half off $50 (for around $28 or so). So I'd do the same thing and trade it in to Bull Moose for $21 because the money would go father there than at GS.

Another note I must mention. I noticed that a lot of the classic stuff was marked down which shows that you're going in the right direction for older stuff, but what about newer stuff? I remember the last time I was there I saw a copy of Geist (GC) for around $40+? Best Buy has it for $9.99 and so didn't Toys R Us. Also, Gun (PS2) was $28 for a new copy? It's been $19.99 everywhere for awhile now...probably since Christmass...

I like the fact that you come out with new games at other stores that are $50 at a price of like $46 or $45, but when they stay there forever and don't drop in price with other stores that's when I get kind of annoyed. However, I figured I could use it as a good thing like I posted earlier by trying out these games and then trading them in for more credit then I originally paid for them.

I could come up with a whole list of titles that are overpriced compared to other stores, then again I seem to find a lot of rare and hard to find stuff at Bull Moose so it evens out. For example I got my first copy of DDR: Mario Mix at Bull Moose for $45.xx when everywhere else it was sold out! So, I guess just like any store I've seen Bull Moose as one that does some good things and some bad things, but overall I seem to find more "good games" or "rare stuff" at Bull Moose rather than at Wal-Mart or Bestbuy. The only other place I seem to find good stuff all the time is Toys R Us.

So overall, I'd say keep going with these changes and help improve your stores. I'd really like to see you get to the best pricing/trade-in system possible. I'd also like to see a new/improved revamped Bull Moose website with the option to use the Bull Moose card (I know I said that before, but I'm still hopefull). I appreciate everything that you're doing and the interest that you're taking in your customer, thanks Brett! :)

EDIT: BTW, I've bought two copies of Resident Evil 3 (PS1) at Bull Moose (one for me and another for a friend). I initally just bought one because it was about $30 for a new copy. When I went up to the register however it rang up for $25...and then later that week I went back and got another new copy and it rang up for $30...again it was the same game New/Sealed. I didn't care much since the game was worth it...but I was browsing Bull Moose recently and found ANOTHER one for $29 in the CLEARANCE section for hald off so I paid $14-$15 for the New/Sealed copy this time around, which I thought that was a great price. So I ended up buying 3 copies one for $30, $25, and then $15...which doesn't make sense to me...I can see pricing used games differently depending upon condition, but having New/Sealed copies for various different price points when they were all pretty much the same condition (all of them had shelf wear) was insane to me.

One more note: Another time I saw a used copy of eJay Clubworld (PS2) for $22 used (way overpriced BTW) and then sitting right next to it was a used copy for $5.xx (which is because it was more beat up probably) but that was still a HUGE price difference.

BTW, all of these price mismatches were found at the Scarborough Warehouse store.

About our mispricing of games that get reduced in price...
That has been a big problem for us --- with music and movies, the list prices change much more slowly, and we generally don't have to hit the floor to reprice inventory... but for games, as you rightfully point out, there are HUGE changes in list prices sometimes within a month or two of release.

So at first we had trouble getting the price changes from the publishers in a timely fashion --- then we fixed that issue...

After we got that info then we really really sucked at changing the prices as they happened because we never had a system to do it --- meaning that it's one thing to tell people to reprice stuff, but it's another thing entirely to have the management in place to make sure it's done and to have it scheduled so it's not overlooked.

So, we now just really suck at it instead of really really sucking. It will take us another month or two to get it together completely.

Sorry to hear about your three different prices, we're getting better at it but haven't gotten through fixing it yet... I can give you a hint on how to try to get the correct lower price if something wasn't repriced correctly. Now don't get me wrong, a customer shouldn't be expected to have to do this by any means and it is TOTALLY our fault for not getting it done right, but in the meantime if you want the correct price on a "should be marked down" title, you can ask our staff to scan the BACK barcode (the UPC) instead of our barcode. I'm almost sure they'll do it --- you can say that you heard it went down in price and can they scan the back to check ---- if it did go down in price, they will definitely give you that lower price --- if it didn't scan at a lower price, let me know 'cause then we have a data problem... I'd appreciate if you didn't let on how you know about the back scanning of the barcode --- because it would be better to not have a million people trying to scan the back barcode and then the staff thinking, hey maybe I should check every single one on the way out rather than correcting the ones out on the floor!! The point, of course, being that the price that you see should be correct and you shouldn't have to ask someone to check it each time! But I pass on this "psuedo" secret to you guys in hopes you'll keep it relatively under wraps. But anytime you see anything mispriced (I know there are tons) feel free to let me know --- we're working on it --- gotta ways to go, that's for sure, but we are improving...

[quote name='3QGojo']It's nice to know that all the prices are the same in all of the stores. I'm not sure if I've had much trouble with trade-ins because I've always gotten more than what I initially paid for the game (which is better than renting IMHO). I mean if I can buy a game and try it out to see if I like it and then just return it to Bull Moose for a higher amount of trade-in credit than why not? It's like renting for free and Bull Moose ends up with basically a New/Like New game.

You are also right about Gamestop selling it for more money (usually $40 or $44) and they only give you $3 more too...I've always like the fact that if someone trades-in a new title at Bull Moose then I can get it for basically half off $50 (for around $28 or so). So I'd do the same thing and trade it in to Bull Moose for $21 because the money would go father there than at GS.

Another note I must mention. I noticed that a lot of the classic stuff was marked down which shows that you're going in the right direction for older stuff, but what about newer stuff? I remember the last time I was there I saw a copy of Geist (GC) for around $40+? Best Buy has it for $9.99 and so didn't Toys R Us. Also, Gun (PS2) was $28 for a new copy? It's been $19.99 everywhere for awhile now...probably since Christmass...

I like the fact that you come out with new games at other stores that are $50 at a price of like $46 or $45, but when they stay there forever and don't drop in price with other stores that's when I get kind of annoyed. However, I figured I could use it as a good thing like I posted earlier by trying out these games and then trading them in for more credit then I originally paid for them.

I could come up with a whole list of titles that are overpriced compared to other stores, then again I seem to find a lot of rare and hard to find stuff at Bull Moose so it evens out. For example I got my first copy of DDR: Mario Mix at Bull Moose for $45.xx when everywhere else it was sold out! So, I guess just like any store I've seen Bull Moose as one that does some good things and some bad things, but overall I seem to find more "good games" or "rare stuff" at Bull Moose rather than at Wal-Mart or Bestbuy. The only other place I seem to find good stuff all the time is Toys R Us.

So overall, I'd say keep going with these changes and help improve your stores. I'd really like to see you get to the best pricing/trade-in system possible. I'd also like to see a new/improved revamped Bull Moose website with the option to use the Bull Moose card (I know I said that before, but I'm still hopefull). I appreciate everything that you're doing and the interest that you're taking in your customer, thanks Brett! :)

EDIT: BTW, I've bought two copies of Resident Evil 3 (PS1) at Bull Moose (one for me and another for a friend). I initally just bought one because it was about $30 for a new copy. When I went up to the register however it rang up for $25...and then later that week I went back and got another new copy and it rang up for $30...again it was the same game New/Sealed. I didn't care much since the game was worth it...but I was browsing Bull Moose recently and found ANOTHER one for $29 in the CLEARANCE section for hald off so I paid $14-$15 for the New/Sealed copy this time around, which I thought that was a great price. So I ended up buying 3 copies one for $30, $25, and then $15...which doesn't make sense to me...I can see pricing used games differently depending upon condition, but having New/Sealed copies for various different price points when they were all pretty much the same condition (all of them had shelf wear) was insane to me.

One more note: Another time I saw a used copy of eJay Clubworld (PS2) for $22 used (way overpriced BTW) and then sitting right next to it was a used copy for $5.xx (which is because it was more beat up probably) but that was still a HUGE price difference.

BTW, all of these price mismatches were found at the Scarborough Warehouse store.[/quote]

It's good to hear about the barcode on the back being the "real" (i.e. retail price) for the game. However, what would I tell the guy at the desk, that I heard it from Brett online? He would think I'm crazy, right? Or least he prolly won't believe me...but I can give it a shot. Worse comes to worse I could always price match other places as well, correct? I mean does Bull Moose price match anything? And if so, do they do so by flyers only or could I make the associate call the other store (more time consuming).

Another thing I wanted to ask was about the "Now Hiring" sign in the Scarborough Warehouse. I was wondering how much the employee discount is? Maybe I could even help out with games? Anyways, maybe that's not the best idea since I'll be graduating in May and I'll need a Full-Time job pretty soon that'll pay the soon to be bills.

[quote name='Bull Moose']About our mispricing of games that get reduced in price...
That has been a big problem for us --- with music and movies, the list prices change much more slowly, and we generally don't have to hit the floor to reprice inventory... but for games, as you rightfully point out, there are HUGE changes in list prices sometimes within a month or two of release.

So at first we had trouble getting the price changes from the publishers in a timely fashion --- then we fixed that issue...

After we got that info then we really really sucked at changing the prices as they happened because we never had a system to do it --- meaning that it's one thing to tell people to reprice stuff, but it's another thing entirely to have the management in place to make sure it's done and to have it scheduled so it's not overlooked.

So, we now just really suck at it instead of really really sucking. It will take us another month or two to get it together completely.

Sorry to hear about your three different prices, we're getting better at it but haven't gotten through fixing it yet... I can give you a hint on how to try to get the correct lower price if something wasn't repriced correctly. Now don't get me wrong, a customer shouldn't be expected to have to do this by any means and it is TOTALLY our fault for not getting it done right, but in the meantime if you want the correct price on a "should be marked down" title, you can ask our staff to scan the BACK barcode (the UPC) instead of our barcode. I'm almost sure they'll do it --- you can say that you heard it went down in price and can they scan the back to check ---- if it did go down in price, they will definitely give you that lower price --- if it didn't scan at a lower price, let me know 'cause then we have a data problem... I'd appreciate if you didn't let on how you know about the back scanning of the barcode --- because it would be better to not have a million people trying to scan the back barcode and then the staff thinking, hey maybe I should check every single one on the way out rather than correcting the ones out on the floor!! The point, of course, being that the price that you see should be correct and you shouldn't have to ask someone to check it each time! But I pass on this "psuedo" secret to you guys in hopes you'll keep it relatively under wraps. But anytime you see anything mispriced (I know there are tons) feel free to let me know --- we're working on it --- gotta ways to go, that's for sure, but we are improving...[/QUOTE]

Naw, you probably shouldn't drop my name - yeah, I can see where it might feel weird to ask someone to scan the back barcode --- Since I've never documented it, probably not all of our staff knows how the barcodes work. The front barcodes have the printed price encoded into the price tag... What this means in English is that if you scan the front and the item says 29.99 the barcode on the front has that 29.99 encoded along with the UPC so no matter what it will sell it at that price... Why? Because we want to make sure we never overcharge anyone --- back from the music business when I first wrote the software, it was way way more common for prices to go up, not down, so I wanted to make sure that people got the quoted price on the CD ... Where if you scan the back, the system looks up the -current- price on the item. Since I can see where it might be weird to ask someone to scan the back, I'll see if I can program something to check if there is currently a lower price and give that price to every customer if it is lower... I'll post here when I've written that code... Until then, you are correct that we do price match all nearby-ish physical competitors (i.e. best buy, cc, eb, wal-mart etc.)

As for the job posting, I'm not sure if it's for the retail or warehouse part of the store, but you should definitely mention your knowledge of games if you do apply. The retail manager is Jay and the warehouse manager is Lucas. Both are great guys, and the staff in both areas of the store is filled with really good people. Our discount is a great one - you get stuff basically at cost (the reason I say basically, is that it's the physical cost of the item plus an estimate of what it cost us to get it shipped to the store and accept payment from you)...

[quote name='3QGojo']It's good to hear about the barcode on the back being the "real" (i.e. retail price) for the game. However, what would I tell the guy at the desk, that I heard it from Brett online? He would think I'm crazy, right? Or least he prolly won't believe me...but I can give it a shot. Worse comes to worse I could always price match other places as well, correct? I mean does Bull Moose price match anything? And if so, do they do so by flyers only or could I make the associate call the other store (more time consuming).

Another thing I wanted to ask was about the "Now Hiring" sign in the Scarborough Warehouse. I was wondering how much the employee discount is? Maybe I could even help out with games? Anyways, maybe that's not the best idea since I'll be graduating in May and I'll need a Full-Time job pretty soon that'll pay the soon to be bills.[/quote]

Naw, you probably shouldn't drop my name - yeah, I can see where it might feel weird to ask someone to scan the back barcode --- Since I've never documented it, probably not all of our staff knows how the barcodes work. The front barcodes have the printed price encoded into the price tag... What this means in English is that if you scan the front and the item says 29.99 the barcode on the front has that 29.99 encoded along with the UPC so no matter what it will sell it at that price... Why? Because we want to make sure we never overcharge anyone --- back from the music business when I first wrote the software, it was way way more common for prices to go up, not down, so I wanted to make sure that people got the quoted price on the CD ... Where if you scan the back, the system looks up the -current- price on the item. Since I can see where it might be weird to ask someone to scan the back, I'll see if I can program something to check if there is currently a lower price and give that price to every customer if it is lower... I'll post here when I've written that code... Until then, you are correct that we do price match all nearby-ish physical competitors (i.e. best buy, cc, eb, wal-mart etc.)

As for the job posting, I'm not sure if it's for the retail or warehouse part of the store, but you should definitely mention your knowledge of games if you do apply. The retail manager is Jay and the warehouse manager is Lucas. Both are great guys, and the staff in both areas of the store is filled with really good people. Our discount is a great one - you get stuff basically at cost (the reason I say basically, is that it's the physical cost of the item plus an estimate of what it cost us to get it shipped to the store and accept payment from you)...

[quote name='3QGojo']It's good to hear about the barcode on the back being the "real" (i.e. retail price) for the game. However, what would I tell the guy at the desk, that I heard it from Brett online? He would think I'm crazy, right? Or least he prolly won't believe me...but I can give it a shot. Worse comes to worse I could always price match other places as well, correct? I mean does Bull Moose price match anything? And if so, do they do so by flyers only or could I make the associate call the other store (more time consuming).

Another thing I wanted to ask was about the "Now Hiring" sign in the Scarborough Warehouse. I was wondering how much the employee discount is? Maybe I could even help out with games? Anyways, maybe that's not the best idea since I'll be graduating in May and I'll need a Full-Time job pretty soon that'll pay the soon to be bills.[/quote]

I guess I'll either wait until you write that code or I'll just price match stuff, but can I price match without a flyer? I mean could I just go up to the counter with a game and price match another store by having them call the other store or whatnot? I'd rather give my business to Bull Moose, but maybe that's just me.

Well, I'll report that I picked up Metroid DS and Tetris DS for $32.xx and $28.xx respectively. I would have posted earlier, but I've been too busy playing :)

[quote name='n8littlefield']Well, I'll report that I picked up Metroid DS and Tetris DS for $32.xx and $28.xx respectively. I would have posted earlier, but I've been too busy playing :)[/QUOTE]

Cool beans to know that you can PM Brett on here and pick up some stuff if you wanted to. :)

Well, he just offered it to me as a one time thing because of the mistake they made in pricing my stuff. Turns out, it was a pretty significant amount as I did get quite a bit more going back. I had Metroid put aside, but then I brought in a few extra games to trade and picked up Tetris too (I'm weak). Normally, I'd have never asked him to do that - he's likely a much busier person than I am! But, quantities being limited, and my work phone not making outbound calls, I took him up on the generous offer.

I really like getting my games at Bullmoose. It's so nice to go in, pick up a game, and not have someone try to presell me an Xbox360/PS3/Revolution or whatever the game of the week to pimp at EB is. It's so much more relaxing at Bullmoose that you can actually browse without them trying to sell and presell you everything under the sun.

I just wish the Lewiston store had retro games (although my wallet is pretty happy they don't). Lately, most of my gaming purchases have been for my NES/Atari. Tetris DS is fricking amazing though - and it has single cartridge multiplayer which is great (we have 2 DS's, so me and my wife can play against each other).

Does anyone know what Bull Moose's policy is on used games and manuals? The Lewiston store, for example, doesn't seem to buy used gameboy games w/out box and instructions, but yet the Scarborough store sells loose gameboy games. I have a PSone game that's still worth quite a bit of $$, I was going to see what they'd offer, but the back cover is in hard shape and the front page of the manual is off, so I wasn't sure if that was an issue.

[quote name='n8littlefield']Does anyone know what Bull Moose's policy is on used games and manuals? The Lewiston store, for example, doesn't seem to buy used gameboy games w/out box and instructions, but yet the Scarborough store sells loose gameboy games. I have a PSone game that's still worth quite a bit of $$, I was going to see what they'd offer, but the back cover is in hard shape and the front page of the manual is off, so I wasn't sure if that was an issue.[/QUOTE]

I tried to trade in some of my old PSX games that didn't have the back inserts and the Scarborough store didn't take them. They told me that they had to be complete.

Whooo! Found a great score at the Scarborough Warehouse store! I got a copy of Magna Carta: Tears of Blood Deluxe Box Set used/good condition for $28.97! I swear if I didn't go to this store every week, then all the good deals would be bought by someone else besides me!

I have 16.50 points now as well! Once I get between 25-50 points I plan on blowing it on something good! :)

bread's done
Back