Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

I will be back for Taken King. Cannot guarantee I will stay with it though but we shall see. 

That being said I see the talk of this 'new' pulse rifle, Hopscotch Pilgrim. It seems pretty solid indeed but is it really that great compared to The Messenger? 

Speaking of that is io still lurking this thread or is he completely out on TTK?

Hey, there are still a few of us who are hopelessly addicted. You could hit 34 in no time if you want us to run you though some PoEs.

He can't have left us...he can't! io, are you out there?
Heh - still lurking. I go on Destiny each week for about 5 minutes to get my Variks package with each character and that's it. I'm really leaning towards not getting TTK. It is exactly as I feared it would go - once I took a break, I found no compelling reason to go back. And I really think things are much better this way. I was letting Destiny control my time with all its daily/weekly/weekend (Trials) time limited bullshit. At first I liked the game for having that stuff as it gave you incentive to be on regularly. But now that I haven't been doing that stuff, I realize it was a huge waste of time. I was spending so much time trying to get groups together for various things or having to mess with LFG nonsense, that it stopped being fun. Trials was the final nail in the coffin for what was becoming a grind at that point anyway. The game simply stopped being FUN.

I still have the CE preordered at GS and I have some Xbox Live money that is expiring in a week or two. I'm not sure what to do with that since there isn't anything I want to buy on the Xbox One at this point. If TTK was up there for preorder I might do that just to use the money I will otherwise lose. But I looked last night and it appears that only the digital CE for $79.99 is available for preorder. If I thought I could portion out the physical CE contents (selling the base game and TDB/HoW code) and get most of my money back I'd do that. But I think the original game disc will be worth very little and the TDB/HoW code will be pretty worthless too as most people will just come in right with TTK. So most likely I'll pick up the GS preorder, stare at it for a few days, then return it.

I may wait till TTK by itself is on sale later in the year and grab it then. I have too much time into the game to abandon it completely. I'm also still toying with the idea of getting the PS4 bundle and starting over there. If I can get a good deal on the bundle at the last minute (as I see nothing now to indicate there will be one) I might do that.

TL:DR version: I don't know what I'm going to do and will play it by ear as to cost/value whether I get TTK, the full physical CE, or even the PS4 bundle - or skip it entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh - still lurking. I go on Destiny each week for about 5 minutes to get my Variks package with each character and that's it. I'm really leaning towards not getting TTK. It is exactly as I feared it would go - once I took a break, I found no compelling reason to go back. And I really think things are much better this way. I was letting Destiny control my time with all it's daily/weekly/weekend (Trials) time limited bullshit. At first I liked the game for having that stuff as it gave you incentive to be on regularly. But now that I haven't been doing that stuff, I realize it was a huge waste of time. I was spending so much time trying to get groups together for various things or having to mess with LFG nonsense, that it stopped being fun. Trials was the final nail in the coffin for what was becoming a grind at that point anyway. The game simply stopped being FUN.

I still have the CE preordered at GS and I have some Xbox Live money that is expiring in a week or two. I'm not sure what to do with that since there isn't anything I want to buy on the Xbox One at this point. If TTK was up there for preorder I might do that just to use the money I will otherwise lose. But I looked last night and it appears that only the digital CE for $79.99 is available for preorder. If I thought I could portion out the physical CE contents (selling the base game and TDB/HoW code) and get most of my money back I'd do that. But I think the original game disc will be worth very little and the TDB/HoW code will be pretty worthless too as most people will just come in right with TTK. So most likely I'll pick up the GS preorder, stare at it for a few days, then return it.

I may wait till TTK by itself is on sale later in the year and grab it then. I have too much time into the game to abandon it completely. I'm also still toying with the idea of getting the PS4 bundle and starting over there. If I can get a good deal on the bundle at the last minute (as I see nothing now to indicate there will be one) I might do that.

TL:DR version: I don't know what I'm going to do and will play it by ear as to cost/value whether I get TTK, the full physical CE, or even the PS4 bundle - or skip it entirely.
That is how I felt when I left after TDB, it was almost as if I had gotten out of an abusive relationship haha. When I went back for HoW then I just approached it with a very different mindset. I just went back to enjoy the game with friends. If I didn't get something one week, oh well. If I didn't play for a whole week, double oh well. I basically just played when other friends were playing and had a very relaxed attitude about the whole game and the progression of my characters.

At its core Destiny is one of the greatest shooting games there is and so being able to just hop on and enjoy that fun with friends I think is well worth it.

[quote name="io" post="12885082" timestamp="1440544878"]Heh - still lurking. I go on Destiny each week for about 5 minutes to get my Variks package with each character and that's it. I'm really leaning towards not getting TTK. It is exactly as I feared it would go - once I took a break, I found no compelling reason to go back. And I really think things are much better this way. I was letting Destiny control my time with all it's daily/weekly/weekend (Trials) time limited bullshit. At first I liked the game for having that stuff as it gave you incentive to be on regularly. But now that I haven't been doing that stuff, I realize it was a huge waste of time. I was spending so much time trying to get groups together for various things or having to mess with LFG nonsense, that it stopped being fun. Trials was the final nail in the coffin for what was becoming a grind at that point anyway. The game simply stopped being FUN.

TL:DR version: I don't know what I'm going to do and will play it by ear as to cost/value whether I get TTK, the full physical CE, or even the PS4 bundle - or skip it entirely.[/quote]
Taken King is up for Preorder. At least on the Xbox website.

That is how I felt when I left after TDB, it was almost as if I had gotten out of an abusive relationship haha. When I went back for HoW then I just approached it with a very different mindset. I just went back to enjoy the game with friends. If I didn't get something one week, oh well. If I didn't play for a whole week, double oh well. I basically just played when other friends were playing and had a very relaxed attitude about the whole game and the progression of my characters.

At its core Destiny is one of the greatest shooting games there is and so being able to just hop on and enjoy that fun with friends I think is well worth it.
It is actually when it stopped being fun with friends that it lost me. This goes back a little to what I said when HoW came out. Not having a Raid really fractured groups. My regular Raid crew that ran at reset on Mondays nearly every week for Crota was pretty much disbanded because of the lack of 6-player content. That fracture occurred right around the time we found out there would be no Raid in HoW. We soldiered on with who was left but it was always a hassle to get people to run all the 3-player stuff, especially Trials. I had fun with that for a few weeks but when you don't have reliable people to play with it becomes a chore of messaging and trying to coordinate and all that. And almost no one is willing to play that casually - you have to be a super-serious try-hard (to use a term that I despise). The CAG crew is great, but most of you guys want to play too early for me and that interferes with family time. I was getting in plenty of trouble with that early on with Atheon/Crota.

The crew that ran at reset was good for a while because it was a time when I could play uninterrupted. But when that all fell apart and everyone seemed to be playing less regularly then it became a hassle. Even several weeks back I'd be on at reset, or even Tuesday night to try to run Nightfalls and no one would be on. I started using LFG a bit more, but I always dreaded getting a dudebro and having to listen to inane chatter. So, yeah, the core gameplay is great, but there was no point to patrols or single-player stuff (hasn't been for a while). That's why I'm considering starting fresh on the PS4. I can enjoy the single-player (while running into other people on patrol) aspect for a while again. Bungie making nearly all the weapons obsolete makes this a really appealing thing to do at this point. Still not sure I want to get sucked into another 500+ hours of this game though. I'm kind of enjoying playing other stuff for the first time since last October!

Taken King is up for Preorder. At least on the Xbox website.
I was on the store on the Xbox last night and only the digital CE was available for preorder. I'll look again. I think I have like $10 expiring next week and another $12 expiring mid-Sept. Unless there is a good sale next week (this week was a bust) or I find something I am compelled to buy for full price I might just buy it. But it will be hard to fire it up - especially if the Raid isn't even coming day one.

Don't get me wrong, two of my best gaming moments have come from this game. That initial CAG Raid with Broly leading us newbies into Atheon was a blast. That was only topped by my late-night crew taking on Crota the minute TDB came out and going in blind, figuring out all the mechanics - even getting all the way to Crota after like 4 hours. There's been some fun times on Nightfalls, patrols, and even Iron Banner too. It has just been diminishing returns the last few months. Some of that is surely just because I got burnt out. I still don't feel like jumping back in just yet.

(Edit: OK, I finally found just TTK on the Xbox website - boy do they make it obtuse to find stuff like that... Anyway, that will be my fallback in case I can't find a use for the XBL money - sucks that they had to make it expire. I have $31 in my account and $13 expires 9/5 and $10 expires 9/20 - seems almost like it was destined to be used for this. I just wish there was an alternative use for it so I didn't feel so compelled).

I will be back for Taken King. Cannot guarantee I will stay with it though but we shall see.

That being said I see the talk of this 'new' pulse rifle, Hopscotch Pilgrim. It seems pretty solid indeed but is it really that great compared to The Messenger?
Comparing stats with my roll of Red Dot, Third Eye, Flared Magwell, Hidden Hand: It has less range and stability but same rate of fire and impact but to me it seems like it shoots faster. It does have 30 in the mag compared to 24 with messenger. I have yet to try it in PvP but if the range suffers that much I might re-roll mine to have Rangefinder and maybe Rodeo or Third eye. I already like it better for PvE when I was using it to level it up.

Now I'm debating going for a Dry Rot since it only took me 10ish Dragon strikes to get that on top of getting a Legendary Engram.

Heh - still lurking. I go on Destiny each week for about 5 minutes to get my Variks package with each character and that's it. I'm really leaning towards not getting TTK. It is exactly as I feared it would go - once I took a break, I found no compelling reason to go back. And I really think things are much better this way. I was letting Destiny control my time with all its daily/weekly/weekend (Trials) time limited bullshit. At first I liked the game for having that stuff as it gave you incentive to be on regularly. But now that I haven't been doing that stuff, I realize it was a huge waste of time. I was spending so much time trying to get groups together for various things or having to mess with LFG nonsense, that it stopped being fun. Trials was the final nail in the coffin for what was becoming a grind at that point anyway. The game simply stopped being FUN.

All the Taken King changes are positive. I'm all for the weapons not coming back like IceBreaker and Jellyhorn. Finding the next gun like those is going to be fun. That does however hinge upon if they live up to their word of the armory being as big as they say. I like how it is a reset of pretty much everything. The PvP changes are what I am most interested and looking so forward to finally getting my hands on that damn Hawkmoon.

If you don't keep the physical CE, my buddy is looking for one and would compensate a little extra for one and pay for shipping and stuff so let me know before you return it!

That said most of your crew and pretty much all of mine stopped as well. I don't even see CHammer on that much anymore. Epic, Irish, myself, Ryot, DOA and a handful still play. I've been helping friends level up to 34 but other than that I've gotten addicted to PvP like mad. I don't know if Bone or any of those guys are even coming back. I know Irish is 100% in, as are Epic and Ryot. DOA is quite salty about his collections being meaningless.

Heck I'm so addicted to the game that I'm probably going to play on PS4 as well as stay on Xbox once I get my TTK Console Bundle. I already cancelled a handful of pre-orders of other stuff. :)

So roll call of who all is most likely sticking around? I know I am for sure!

Happy for you to have gotten a HP :beer: .

Hate you because it only took 10 strikes (I needed about 100 :bomb: )

Enjoy, I rolled mine with Outlaw, Braced Frame and Hidden Hand. Red Dot sights.
Damn man yeah it only took about 10. On top of that I got a legendary engram as a reward in the same strike :lol: Now I might actually try for Dry Rot just so I can see what 4th Horseman is going to be about. :D

I know people where they are around 200 strikes and nothing. Needless to say they were really salty when I recorded my clip when it happened :D/

If you don't keep the physical CE, my buddy is looking for one and would compensate a little extra for one and pay for shipping and stuff so let me know before you return it!
It was still available a few weeks ago online. Today is the first time I looked and saw that it wasn't available any more! That's another reason why I think it won't be worth selling in pieces (and keeping TTK and the CE codes) - there will be too many others doing the same.

It was still available a few weeks ago online. Today is the first time I looked and saw that it wasn't available any more! That's another reason why I think it won't be worth selling in pieces (and keeping TTK and the CE codes) - there will be too many others doing the same.
It sold out at least once. Came back in stock and poof gone again. Currently can't and the manager at my GS doesn't know if he will have extras. :/

Yeah, they make it hard to find online and it wasn't even showing for some people on Ign when I posted a direct link.

Right now I'm torn between this or Imperial City for Elder Scrolls. After playing both games tonight I was having more fun with ESO and am definitely leaning that way. Could be I just haven't burned out on it like Destiny.

I missed the announcement, but after some googling I found my answer: the CE contents (digital) will be purchasable as stand alone content for $20. So, if you own everything but TTK, you can buy it and the CE for $60 in total. Kind of crap for a deal, but it beats paying $80 for things you already have I guess.

I missed the announcement, but after some googling I found my answer: the CE contents (digital) will be purchasable as stand alone content for $20. So, if you own everything but TTK, you can buy it and the CE for $60 in total. Kind of crap for a deal, but it beats paying $80 for things you already have I guess.
If you get the base Taken King at retail you should be able to hopefully sell the Destiny disc for $10 at BB or something and then the going price for the first two expansions on eBay has been $25ish together. I am going to just piece it out and with the GCU discount I should then end up paying ~$20 for TTK and then can justify the extra $20 on the CE content if it seems worth it (which I do not think it will be).

Count me in for TTK. I have the physical CE preordered and I'm excited for it. I'm not playing Destiny daily....never really did....but all the changes sound fantastic.

Wait, funds on your Microsoft Account expire?  I feel like I probably should have known that... :wall:

I am still getting the physical CE at this point.  The majority of the changes they have announced so far have been positive for me.  I'm not 100% down with the Year 1 legendaries being left behind, but there is no incentive to play any of the year 1 content either so it doesn't impact me that much.  I'm glad some of my exotic collection is coming over to year 2.  I'll be interested to see the Dreadnaught reveal this afternoon.  

Like Broly said, this game is about the shooting mechanics and that part of the game is done so well that it makes me want to keep playing it even though I have accomplished everything I have wanted to already.  Add in some new weapons, a new achievement list (hopefully another 1000gs or more), some long overdue improvements plus new content and I'll jump back in feet first.

I really think that the lack of content in HoW helped keep things fresh for me, if that makes any sense.  I didn't play Trials and got bored of PoE quickly so I moved onto other things and I didn't get burnt out as much as others might have. 

and

Comparing stats with my roll of Red Dot, Third Eye, Flared Magwell, Hidden Hand: It has less range and stability but same rate of fire and impact but to me it seems like it shoots faster. It does have 30 in the mag compared to 24 with messenger. I have yet to try it in PvP but if the range suffers that much I might re-roll mine to have Rangefinder and maybe Rodeo or Third eye. I already like it better for PvE when I was using it to level it up.
Hopscotch can be made better than Messenger, depending on your luck re-forging it.

Mine is maxed out on stability and it has Hidden Hand. I basically have a pulse rifle shooting laser beams. Put the dot on/near someone's head and the Hidden hand perk will see that it connects. Two trigger pulls and they're dead in PvP.

If you're at all interested in getting one, do it before TTK drops. Doubt we'll be able to re-forge these HoW weapons, let alone even be lucky enough to get it to drop

On the Bungie Twitch were people really saying racist shit?  I was watching it on Laced Up Lauren's channel and it was so chill and relaxed.  Plus the chat wasn't moving at 1000 MPH.

That said that stream was short and sweet but I'm ready for TTK.  Hype is through the roof!

Dat Titan Super... :drool:

On the Bungie Twitch were people really saying racist shit? I was watching it on Laced Up Lauren's channel and it was so chill and relaxed. Plus the chat wasn't moving at 1000 MPH.

That said that stream was short and sweet but I'm ready for TTK. Hype is through the roof!

Dat Titan Super... :drool:
I missed the middle part of the strike, but it was so short I'm not sure I missed that much. The new subclasses did look pretty cool, haveto say that is one of the things I'm most looking forward to. The Strike seemed kind of lame to me. Didn't really seem to show off the fallen enemies that much, at least not from what I could tell. Felt like the same old Cabal strike in year 1 including a Tank 1/2 way through the level. The team they had playing ran through it like nothing, but they were level 40 vs level 36 enemies, although I'm not sure exactly what that means anymore with level no longer equal to light level.

What did they say that was racist? They seemed obsessed with Mr Fruit's name and wrestling from what I heard, but I wasn't watching the entire time. I'm sure if they said anything off color they probably edited it out by now.

Oh I meant in the chat.  I was watching it on Laced Up Lauren's channel and a bunch of them were saying the chat on Bungie's channel was spouting a bunch of racist shit. 

EDIT:  So looking forward to next week's stream.  Glad Lauren was chosen as she is a great community ambassador.  Plus the dreadnaught... :drool:

[quote name="ajh2298" post="12886673" timestamp="1440621245"]So is Gamestop the only place that is going to have any kind of pre-order bonus on The Taken King with that Suros pack?[/quote]
Isn't that everywhere? It is at least on the digital version. And will be available to everyone in January I think. Probably about as useful as the early access to Vanguard weapons in the base game.

[quote name="Vendetta_x360" post="12887102" timestamp="1440636277"]Vanguard is for everyone. SUROS pack is GS exclusive.[/quote]
Nope, I double checked. If you buy digitally you get the suros pack too. That's why I assumed it was everywhere.

The weekly update revealed that they are changing the weekly NF and Heroic strikes significantly.  A team wipe on NF no longer returns everyone to orbit.  Weekly Heroic is now Weekly Vanguard playlist.  All rewards are now tied to your account so you get rewards the first 3 times you run them regardless of which character your run them on. 

I did like the Nightfall mechanic of getting kicked to orbit because it brought a sense of danger to these strikes even after completing them a ton of times.

No more guaranteed strange coins from weekly activities so you might want to do the heroic the last few times if you are running low on strange coins.

They are really pushing these weekly PvP bounties in TTK.  Hopefully they will be manageable, but I really don't want to play a ton of PvP each week if I don't have to.

Still wonder when the new achievement list will leak.  They will need to do something about the current list because you will no longer be able to "Earn the maximum weekly Crucible/Vauguard Score"

Planet Destiny just posted the new achievement list.

HERE

250 added, but they did say they don't know if that is the full list or not.

Pretty much finish the story mode with all 3 character classes, there are a bunch for finishing the mode and 1 for each new subclass.  Also there is finish the raid and finish the raid with heroic modifier aka Hard mode raid.

Very basic and boring list.  Was hoping for more substance there :/

EDIT:  So yeah I started my Hunter & Warlock on the PS4 version.  Thankfully I have a few friends that are going to be able to help me since they are higher levels.  :)   Going to use the consumable once TTK is out to level up my Titan to 25. :D

Wow, just got an email about it from TrueAchievements and came here to post it as well.

That list is extremely sad.  We knew they didn't care about achievements/trophies, but that is as half assed an effort as a company can make. A $5 arcade game on XB1 is getting 1000gs out of the box but a $40 expansion that already saw us sink $100 or so into it is barely able to provide an additional 250gs increase.  And everything is completely linear for just finishing the story except the raid stuff.  

Speaking of that is the raid even going to be available on 9/15 or is it being released later?   

I'm glad there are achievements at all, but Bungie's approach to achievements is pretty strange.  Why none with TDB and HoW is beyond me.  And only 250? 

On the other hand, these seem doable and nothing pisses me off more than 100%ing a great game with hard achievements and then have DLC have crappy unfun and super hard achievements that aren't worth the effort (looking at you, Bioshock Infinite). 

I dunno.  I really don't think that the list being small and the gamerscore being low is really going to alter my fun-factor all that much. 

Okay, major shout-out to Glock/Drunkz:  He helped me and another guy with our first Skolas kill last night/this morning.  We thought we lost him at one point when his mic died, but he really stuck with us and pulled us through that kill when I would have given up.  Thank you, Glock, and I hope the spousal repercussions are minimal.  

Moments of Triumph complete.  Now... fuck  this game.  I'm going to play some Lego Marvel Heroes.

I'm glad there are achievements at all, but Bungie's approach to achievements is pretty strange. Why none with TDB and HoW is beyond me. And only 250?

On the other hand, these seem doable and nothing pisses me off more than 100%ing a great game with hard achievements and then have DLC have crappy unfun and super hard achievements that aren't worth the effort (looking at you, Bioshock Infinite).

I dunno. I really don't think that the list being small and the gamerscore being low is really going to alter my fun-factor all that much.
Even though the achievements are bullshit, I'll still be getting it. I had just hoped that they would finally realize that achievements are important to a segment of gamers and push the game up to 2000gs or something more than that. 250gs is an improvement from what they did for TDB and HoW, but that isn't saying much considering they did absolutely nothing. It is sad that adding 250gs has some people on the achievement sites satisfied, but for most it is better than nothing.

I'm not saying that pushing the game to 2000gs would double sales of the expansion, but I know that achievement hunters who ignored the game this past year would take notice and jump at the chance to get 2000gs out of one retail purchase. And the investment from the Bungie side of things would be next to nothing.

Okay, major shout-out to Glock/Drunkz: He helped me and another guy with our first Skolas kill last night/this morning. We thought we lost him at one point when his mic died, but he really stuck with us and pulled us through that kill when I would have given up. Thank you, Glock, and I hope the spousal repercussions are minimal.

Moments of Triumph complete. Now... fuck this game. I'm going to play some Lego Marvel Heroes.
Thanks, glad you finished your triumphs and glad I don't ever have to run that skolas fight ever again. :beer:

Wow, just got an email about it from TrueAchievements and came here to post it as well.

That list is extremely sad. We knew they didn't care about achievements/trophies, but that is as half assed an effort as a company can make. A $5 arcade game on XB1 is getting 1000gs out of the box but a $40 expansion that already saw us sink $100 or so into it is barely able to provide an additional 250gs increase. And everything is completely linear for just finishing the story except the raid stuff.

Speaking of that is the raid even going to be available on 9/15 or is it being released later?
Just read this morning that the raid won't be active on 9/15 and will come "at a later date."

Just read this morning that the raid won't be active on 9/15 and will come "at a later date."
Not too surprising really. IIRC, Crota normal was the only raid available right away. Plus, it's gonna take a little bit of time to not only hit the new max level but also get some new max weapons

Someone posted this in the PS4 thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3irr9q/gi_answering_destiny_the_taken_kings_lingering/

Hits on some topics we have talked about in here before but it sounds like almost all the Year 1 content will stay the same, except Trials which will go away and come back with new gear.

Maybe I am reaching on this one, but if there truly is a 'smart' RNG coming with Year 2, will the Year 1 PS exclusive exotics drop easily from Year 1 exotic drop points?  Especially if we have all the exotics already?

Someone posted this in the PS4 thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3irr9q/gi_answering_destiny_the_taken_kings_lingering/

Hits on some topics we have talked about in here before but it sounds like almost all the Year 1 content will stay the same, except Trials which will go away and come back with new gear.

Maybe I am reaching on this one, but if there truly is a 'smart' RNG coming with Year 2, will the Year 1 PS exclusive exotics drop easily from Year 1 exotic drop points? Especially if we have all the exotics already?
Glad Trials is coming back with new rewards. It is my favorite activity in the game due to having to have skill and/or teamwork. Even if it didn't give new rewards, I'd still play it every weekend. My crew I run it with it is a guaranteed Lighthouse run when we play. I was doing work last night. 16 kills in one game. :)

So is it confirmed we can get year 1 versions of Hawkmoon, Fourth Horseman and Monte Carlo? I wasn't 100% clear on that.

So is it confirmed we can get year 1 versions of Hawkmoon, Fourth Horseman and Monte Carlo? I wasn't 100% clear on that.
I'm not sure, other than watching the streams the past two weeks and following this and the PS4 thread I haven't been doing much research on TTK. I guess I need to read up on some of the stuff on planetdestiny and the other sites. Probably will wait until this stream and then do some reading on things when I get some free time over this long weekend.

Heh, I know how much Drunkz likes FB, so this made me think of him...

https://youtu.be/JtburvY00kw
2 weeks until that gun is done forever. Still never ascended mine. No reason to at this point.

So I logged in to Destiny a couple days ago to finish my Feats of Triumph or whatever they are called. All I had to do was get a couple golden chests I never bothered to collect so it was not difficult. The sad part was that I had no desire to play the game. I had thought I would log on and maybe play a quick weekly strike or something but literally as soon as I started the game back up I already felt done with it : /

I am not sure if TTK will hold my interest now since I feel so burnt out on Destiny, moreso than I apparently even know. Plus factor in I have DI 3.0, Phantom Pain and Witcher 3 to still play I am not sure when I will have time for Destiny. It doesn't help that I had to move back with family to help out during some tough times here and so playing online with friends is awkward in your parents home at night haha. Playing single player games for now is far more easy.

Court of Oryx look abso fuck ing lutely awesome.  Pretty cool of Bungie & Sony to give PS4 bundles to Lauren, Mr. Fruit, Goth, Broman and Triplewreck to give to their twitch followers

I'm beyond hyped for TTK.  So much so I don't forsee myself playing much else, so I may cancel a few more pre-orders.  I'm now more hyped for Destiny than Fallout, Tomb Raider, and Halo. 

I absolutely cannot wait!

I've tried to know as little as possible about TTK, without being completely ignorant. The way I feel so shorted on all the past content makes me not want to buy it, as I will miss out on some great SP games (no time for everything). I don't want to reward them for the way they act, for the insane pricing structure that they were shamed into reducing, tho still don't give day 1 layers any way to get the dance moves & class items without rebuying content I have already paid $100 for.

If I hear 100% that we get every single PS year one exclusive (which really won't matter cuz they won't be year 2 weapons) exotic& strike, and also know that I can buy this digitally and play it on both 360 & Xbone for one price, then I would probably buy the $40 digital edition. Witcher 3 is an amazing replacement, and I bought the DLC for cheap a while back from NewEgg, so another 30 hours to play after the initial 100 hrs is over. I Will still play until then, and I may change my mind if people I know on Xbone get it & have enough to have a legit raid team. Otherwise my 100% play anything anytime people are on 360, or have stopped playing Destiny. I feel upset that all the time I invested seems wasted, but what can I do. I wish I could afford the physical collector's edition :(.

You definitely cannot buy it for one price digitally and play on both 360 and XB1.  They indicated a while back that the 'digital upgrade program' from the original release and the Year 1 DLC will not apply to TTK. 

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12122

And you can buy the Digital Dance Moves and Class Items that are exclusive to the Collectors Edition for $20.  Still a rip off but at least there is an option.

If I hear 100% that we get every single PS year one exclusive (which really won't matter cuz they won't be year 2 weapons) exotic& strike,
We are getting the PS Year One weapons. The thing that I am fuzzy and bungie really hasn't said is if we just get Year 2 versions of it or if we will also get the Year ones and that they will be in the older loot tables (VoG, Crota, PoE). Monte Carlo, Hawkmoon, and 4th Horseman are all coming along for year 2, they pretty much were forced with that because the Xbox fanbase would be pretty pissed.

Has anyone been able to glean what the minimum standard will be for taking on the new raid?  In the past, the max light level for the previous content (VoG) was the minimum level for CE.  Following that, I'm assuming that those of us who are 34 now will be able to immediately get into the raid on 9/18, but given that they are changing up the level and light system, I'm not sure.

Some people still hate the current light system even though it is simple to get to 34 and easy to understand.  I feel like all the complaining about this was done by people that quit playing early on in the game during the "Forever 29" daze.  They must think that revamping the Light/Level system will bring people back in flocks or something...

For all they have talked about the new Level and Light system I have no idea how they actually apply to the game once TTK drops.  It seems like the overall light level is still the most important factor even though they claim they wanted to get away from that.  Regardles I'm pretty sure you have to be Level 40 to wear the best gear so to get a high light level you will have to be max xp level.  Does this make sense?  I feel like I need to start :beer: immediately...

Yeah, I am afraid that in their efforts to "simplify" things, it will get even more convoluted.  But no...Bungie would never do that.   :whistle2:

Anyway...I'm really excited for TTK and I'm also excited that the raid drops on 9/18 so i have a weekend to attack it.  I came late to the previous raids because I was so many levels behind everyone else, but I hope that I'm in good shape to hit this one right away.

I know this old hat to all of you but I just soloed my first Nightfall. It just sucks that all I got was a purple machine gun.

bread's done
Back