Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Anyone have luck with Xur's helmet engrams today?
Since I had like 50+ motes and only had enough strange coins for a few exotic shards I bought two from him to break down. I got a new Hunter and Titan one (I am a Warlock) but I forgot the names already. Even Xur trolls me in this damn game.

So I keep getting network errors so I hard wired my xb1 directly to my modem yesterday afternoon and that still didn't help. I did a hard reset this morning and was able to play for like 15 minutes and got booted back to orbit with a ferrit error code. I have opened my NAT again and I an uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps at all.

Anyone have luck with Xur's helmet engrams today?
I am scared to try to buy them. Bummed that he doesn't have anything new but I had a feeling that might happen to pad out the length of players sticking with the new HoW.

Also... waking up today was a bear.Two nights in a row I was kept awake super late playing with Linkin and my other friend Hooptie. I was literally going to bed last night at an already late time when i was guilted to stay on longer and play through the 32 PoE. My bloodshot eyes and groggy disposition are proof of that this morning! : P

Blame Hooptie on that one. ..lol

Is he not a CAG?
No yeah he isn't a CAG, just an obnoxious buddy of mine : P

Oh and I forgot to mention I scored new exotics last night for my Titan!!!! But they were the new legs that do more shoulder charge damage in air... As I ranted when I got them, why did they even both making Exotic leg armor? You can only put on one Exotic and all other exotics have two unique perks whereas legs only have one. I do not see why I would ever wear those unless they are like one hit kills with midair charge in PvP maybe.

Had my first foray into PoE (level 28) last night and got another Red Death and a Wolf's Bane. Not bad, but nothing I got too excited about. i want to move onto the level 32 arena, but I'm worried no one here will still need it by Friday night. What do you say? Anyone still need it or otherwise willing to join me?
I have to run the Level 32 on 2 more characters so I can run it with you. I finished it on my Hunter but used the armor core to get my Warlock to 33 in order to make my Level 32 run a bit easier on that character. Figured once I get all 3 characters to 33 I'll worry about the Level 34 PoE.

I am enjoying the expansion so far, but the loot system they have implemented is a step backwards IMHO. The fact that you have to farm keys just to get the PoE rewards is complete bullshit. People complained about the grinding in this game up through TDB and they have made it worse since now you have to farm 9 keys a week if you want to open the chest on PoE on all 3 characters. I guess the real rewards are the Cores and the Etheric Light you get just for completing the PoE, but you get no chance at new exotics unless you grind for keys. Comparing this to the other 'endgame activities' you had multiple chances at exotics and weapon drops throughout the raids, and the chance to hold checkpoints which made the grind that much less 'grindy'. Oh well, maybe I'm just bitter that I don't have any keys and I haven't pulled any new exotics... :wall:

GT: Tojokun1

I run triple titan so I'm 34 across all 3 characters.

I've dismantled 6 gjallarhorns.

I play very late EST when I am able.  Occasionally on during the day if I'm able to.

Noob friendly, I have no problem showing people the raids, etc.  I'm pretty patient with people.

Fatebringer is ridiculous.

I'll add everyone later when I get the chance.  I'm always down to do whatever if you see me on, don't be afraid to just send me an invite.

Frigging game is unplayable for me now and I can't figure out why. After numerous hard reboots of my xb1 and the modem I couldn't even go from orbit to the planet without getting a error.

1. My connection is hard wired and not dropping and fast 60/65 constant.

2. My NAT is in the open position.

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

4. Did hard reboots on bot devices.

The last three codes I have received have been anteater, ferret, and weasel.

Any hints on what could be up?

Frigging game is unplayable for me now and I can't figure out why. After numerous hard reboots of my xb1 and the modem I couldn't even go from orbit to the planet without getting a error.

1. My connection is hard wired and not dropping and fast 60/65 constant.

2. My NAT is in the open position.

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

4. Did hard reboots on bot devices.

The last three codes I have received have been anteater, ferret, and weasel.

Any hints on what could be up?
I have been having connection problems for about a week since the patch came out. Not as bad as what you are describing, but I have had periods where I couldn't log back onto the game without rebooting everything. I usually reboot my modem, router and switch and it clears up for me in a few minutes.

I had some issues with my ISP about a year ago and after calling them a number of times they replaced my modem with a newer model and that cleared up the problems I was having (getting kicked from games, netflix streaming cutting out, etc). It might be a good idea to call the ISP and explain the problems you are having, surprisingly sometimes the reps you get there actually have a clue of how to fix things or at least have helped someone having similar issues in your area.

Man I want that Auto Rifle from Trials so bad. I am literally drooling over here at work waiting to go home and play more Destiny just for that gun.

Vendetta_x360 said:
Got my Hunter to level 34 last night :D :D :D :D :D io and I are going to have a go at the level 35 after I get a damn key.
So we started this around 4:30 or so Friday morning (because of Xur at 2am and then needing to run another friend through the 34 so he could get his Titan to level 34 for the 35 PoE). The good news is that the Level 34 was much easier with 2 34's and a 33. So getting that one etheric light per character per week shouldn't be too hard once everyone is 34.

The bad news is that while we did most of the level 35 pretty quickly and without too much trouble, the stupid boss was taking us two+ hours. All the videos you watch make it look oh so simple. But if you watch them closely there are times when they almost die and they also get lucky with the boss staying put for the most part. He kept teleporting on to us, etc... And you have to wait 5-10 minutes between runs to use a heavy ammo synth and then wait for the cooldown on a second (since you have to unload all your rockets and them use a synth and fire more) so it gets really tedious.

It was approaching 7:30 AM and the wife and kids were up for school and I just couldn't do it any more. The other guys said they were done as well so I quit out. But then apparently our other friend wanted to give it one more try with one of his friends and they cleared it the very next try. Hearing that made me feel like utter shit and I considered deleting the game today. But no - there I was playing all evening again. I didn't get to do another run at 35 (I won't be able to relax till I clear it) but I got to listen to other people get all the Trials of Osiris gear that I will never get close to.

It just sort of feels like a punch to the gut that there is all this content I am essentially locked out of when I put so much time into this game. At least with the Raids it is just a matter of learning the mechanics and practicing. I'll never be an elite PvP player though.

So both the PvE and PvP were big letdowns for me in the last 24 hours. Not only did I not clear that damn thing, I got in trouble with the family for having stayed up all night to play. I'm seriously in the doghouse now at home ;). I also blew off a day of work to sleep in - that cost me real money. Now I almost fuck ing wish Destiny had microtransactions so you could buy the gear that people are getting from these activities.

So yeah all in all a pretty depressing day. Bleah...

I did get the Ram helm from an engram but I did about 15 of them and didn't get the other two new helmets (though I did get 3 Rams - go figure). Just more par for the course.

Last edited by a moderator:
So both the PvE and PvP were big letdowns for me in the last 24 hours. Not only did I not clear that damn thing, I got in trouble with the family for having stayed up all night to play. I'm seriously in the doghouse now at home ;). I also blew off a day of work to sleep in - that cost me real money. Now I almost fuck ing wish Destiny had microtransactions so you could buy the gear that people are getting from these activities.

But at least you got to hang out with quality people, right? 😉

So, io, I know the feeling about being essentially locked out of content.  I am even less of a PvP player than you, but I don't let it bother me so much.  People get will get some fancy armor and weapons, but there's enough variety at this point where I don't feel like my guardians are wearing second-hand clothes.  And the way this game treats me, even if i was playing ToO and IB religiously, there's no guarantee I'd get the items I want most.  In over 700 hours of PoE, there are some exotics that just won't drop (like a certain rocket launcher that shall not be named) and I've only ever gotten one helmet out of VoG.  

My guardians are pretty well equipped and I have fun.  If I get invited to play Trials with some seasoned players, that could be fun too, but I'm not going to worry too much about the stuff I'm missing out on.  

But anyway...thanks for slinking out of the doghouse last night to run PoE with Drunkz and me.  I appreciate you guys helping me get a character to level 33.

Yea, thanks for running the 32 with us last night.  Now I have all 3 characters at 33.  Also pulled the new Ram and Stone Face exotics from 6 helmet engrams so it feels good to finally get one of the new exotics.

The only new exotic armor I really want is the Ram so I am frustrated as shit because pretty much everyone I know got one or more from the engrams and I didn't of course. I got the stone man or whatever for titans that I will never use though and multiple apothosis veil's which is literally my least favorite helmet in the game.... ugh

I tried matchmaking for the Heroic at 32 as well and I am pretty much never doing that again. I kept getting people who would quit and then at the end when I finally beat it (which was WAY LONGER than usual) the people kind of sucked and kept pulling stupid crap. Ugh.

Broly, I thought the same thing about matchmaking on the weekly heroic when they first introduced that feature a few months ago.  The first couple weeks I got paired with some terrible and immature people who either a) didn't know what they were doing and quit on me or b) people who sent me hate mail for some perceived slight.  After the first couple weeks though, I think those "casual" players lost interest and we were left with a better pool.  I expect this will go the same way.

simosaurus said:
But anyway...thanks for slinking out of the doghouse last night to run PoE with Drunkz and me. I appreciate you guys helping me get a character to level 33.
GLOCKGLOCK said:
Yea, thanks for running the 32 with us last night. Now I have all 3 characters at 33. Also pulled the new Ram and Stone Face exotics from 6 helmet engrams so it feels good to finally get one of the new exotics.
Oh yeah, no problem. That was fun - that is the sort of stuff I play this game for. Plus it made me feel a little more competent that I was able to do that pretty easily. Later I was just casually finishing up the story on my third character with a couple of people from my old Raid team and just BSing the whole time. That sort of stuff will always be fun even if I don't get the shiny new toys.

I actually want the Stone Face helmet (as well as the Hunter one). But I don't know how many more shards/motes I want to blow through. I also bought the Starfire Protocol from Xur because it had like 30 more Int (I think, or maybe Disc) than the one I had.

I'd still like to clear the 35 once and then get my Hunter through the 34.

BrolyB593 said:
I tried matchmaking for the Heroic at 32 as well and I am pretty much never doing that again. I kept getting people who would quit and then at the end when I finally beat it (which was WAY LONGER than usual) the people kind of sucked and kept pulling stupid crap. Ugh.
I haven't run the Heroic at all yet - still need to do that even though I have 400+ coins. I will probably end up converting a large chunk of them to motes via Xur so I can always use more.

Vendetta - do you remember who was hosting when we did the 35? Because your friend DOA had a good point last night. He said things got easier one time when the host changed. Remember there were a few times when we were slamming Skolas with rockets and his health barely went down. I noticed last night in the 32 (and I was hosting that) that on the end boss there (Cabal dude with changing shields) that I pelted him with a ton of G-horn and then his health went back up afterwards. It definitely could have been a lag/connection issue thing. But if so that just makes it all the more frustrating ;). But I really don't think it was me sucking (other than the one time I hit the side of the bubble). On a couple of those runs I unloaded all 7 G-horn shots, used a synth, and fired all 7 the second time. I don't think you can do much more than that.

Man I want that Auto Rifle from Trials so bad. I am literally drooling over here at work waiting to go home and play more Destiny just for that gun.
My buddy got the version of the gun that has damage type. Solar. You can only get the damn thing if you win 9 games in Osiris without a loss (or 1 loss with the boon). I'm a bit salty he got the 9-0 chest.

It just sort of feels like a punch to the gut that there is all this content I am essentially locked out of when I put so much time into this game. At least with the Raids it is just a matter of learning the mechanics and practicing. I'll never be an elite PvP player though.

I did get the Ram helm from an engram but I did about 15 of them and didn't get the other two new helmets (though I did get 3 Rams - go figure). Just more par for the course.
I didn't get to do another run at 35 (I won't be able to relax till I clear it) but I got to listen to other people get all the Trials of Osiris gear that I will never get close to.
I'll still help you out! Though a bunch of the guys still have to run it on 35. So if they have room I don't have to, but if they are full I can. That and I do still have a 35 to do on my warlock...

So, io, I know the feeling about being essentially locked out of content. I am even less of a PvP player than you, but I don't let it bother me so much. People get will get some fancy armor and weapons, but there's enough variety at this point where I don't feel like my guardians are wearing second-hand clothes. And the way this game treats me, even if i was playing ToO and IB religiously, there's no guarantee I'd get the items I want most. In over 700 hours of PoE, there are some exotics that just won't drop (like a certain rocket launcher that shall not be named) and I've only ever gotten one helmet out of VoG.
Trials isn't as bad as people think, myself included. Communication is very key in it though. Camping orbs after kills is crucial as well. Be ready for lots of Thorn and Last Word though.

Trials of Osiris was good to me drop and reward tier wise.

Drops:

-2x Gauntlets

-Boots

Bought:

-Chest Piece that you can be 34 light level, the drop pieces you have to ascend sadly :(

-Got a Etheric Light from my rewards, so now my Titan can be 33. Just need to get another Etheric from 35 with my Warlock and then clear a 34 to have all 3 of my characters to 34.

The drops are pretty generous and if you have coins to buy the boons, you can last longer. I'm really digging this game mode and probably will play it every weekend. I'm having a blast with it so far. It does encourage teamwork and I really want to play with my two friends who I have been playing MP with since Halo 2. I think we can easily go 9-0 there :D

Vendetta - do you remember who was hosting when we did the 35? Because your friend DOA had a good point last night. He said things got easier one time when the host changed. Remember there were a few times when we were slamming Skolas with rockets and his health barely went down. I noticed last night in the 32 (and I was hosting that) that on the end boss there (Cabal dude with changing shields) that I pelted him with a ton of G-horn and then his health went back up afterwards. It definitely could have been a lag/connection issue thing. But if so that just makes it all the more frustrating ;). But I really don't think it was me sucking (other than the one time I hit the side of the bubble). On a couple of those runs I unloaded all 7 G-horn shots, used a synth, and fired all 7 the second time. I don't think you can do much more than that.
I want to say I was but not sure about that. After Chammer brought Reclaimer in, like I said we cleared with ease. Though it did seem to me on a majority of the runs that Skolas recovered health for us. This time it was steadily going down. I was firing my rockets fast but not to the point where I was spamming. I was waiting for staggers or if I had to fire fast to stagger.

Like I said, I'll make sure you get a clear because that Judgement Chance can give you nice rewards plus the ship and shader are both so sweet! :drool: That and I'd love to have a shot at a damage type weapon on my Warlock. :D

paintballers said:
What are you guys using all your vangard marks on? I have max on all 3 characters and have no need for any more planet resources...
Nothing - just letting mine max. Though I might buy one of the sparrows just because there's nothing else to get.

Vendetta - Chammer messaged me today and said he went 9-0 and got some sweet stuff. I asked if he and Reclaimer (who is a beast in PvP) could help me with Trials and he said that might be possible. I figure at least that way I have a decent chance at the chest piece if nothing else. Really I don't care about missing out on the 9-0 thing. I don't mind that being an elite, hard-to-get reward that I will never attain. As long as I can get elemental primaries from PoE at some point I won't be too salty about not getting them from Trials. I would like some of the armor though since it looks WAY nicer than the Kell stuff you get from PoE.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I want to say I was but not sure about that. After Chammer brought Reclaimer in, like I said we cleared with ease. Though it did seem to me on a majority of the runs that Skolas recovered health for us. This time it was steadily going down. I was firing my rockets fast but not to the point where I was spamming. I was waiting for staggers or if I had to fire fast to stagger.

Like I said, I'll make sure you get a clear because that Judgement Chance can give you nice rewards plus the ship and shader are both so sweet! :drool: That and I'd love to have a shot at a damage type weapon on my Warlock. :D
I do remember pelting him with rockets and having his health not change/go up. Maybe it is just my internet. It does seem like mine goes up and down with really good connections sometimes and red bar other times. I wish I had checked that at the time to see if that was happening.

But yeah, there was really nothing more I could do. I was emptying 10-14 G-horn rockets using tracking (for the most part) on him every time. Sometimes he was behind the rock and a few might not have hit directly. But with three of us there are plenty of rockets going his way.

I'm busy making up time with the family this evening but if any of your friends are going to start up a 35 send me a message and I'll see it on my phone and see what I can do to hop on ;). It will be much easier after 9pm or so (and it is already 7 now).

So what's the best/easiest way to start getting up to light level 33/34 at this point? Is level 28 Prison of Elders still worth doing if you don't happen to have a Treasure Key with you, or is that the only way to get good rewards from it?

Use an exotic shard on something other than gloves to get it to 42 light. Do the 32 prison of elders and use the armor core to get the gloves from Varicks.

So I started yet another attempt at PoE Level 35 at like 4:30 AM, but this time with one guy as a 33. We had all 34's last time. The 5th wave (big servitor) took forever and the one guy got dropped from the game during it (but was able to rejoin with no problem). When we finally did it I think I used 4 heavy synths during the fight. That thing is a rocket sponge.

Then it was 6am and I was dreading Skolas as this is exactly what happened the other day with Vendetta - but as I said we had a 33 so I was really worried his lower damage would doom our run for sure.

We wiped 4-5 times but then just got super lucky. Both me and the 33 went down with Skolas at about 10%. But we had two lucky things - the 33 got tainted and not the Hunter who was capping points. Also, the points went in order starting with the corner we shot rockets at. Our Hunter (Chammer of course Vendetta) was able to cap them all WHILE Skolas and all the adds were still around. Then he revived us and we finished him off and easily did the second round of caps. That is definitely a non-traditional way of doing it and was pretty damn lucky but I'll take it.

So I got all the cool stuff (Shader, Emblem, Ship) plus Don't Touch Me and a Scout Rifle from the big chest. I used the armor and weapon core for a Judegment chance on my Titan (I did the run on my Warlock but she's already 34). I was hoping for the chest piece (which DevilDog did get Vendetta). I ended up with a Rocket Launcher. It is void and has the bizarre perk of doing moderate bonus damage to Fallen Dregs. WTF!? Like I use rockets on Dregs. What were they thinking with that one? Why not Captains? Oh well, really wanted an armor but I'm thrilled to complete it. With the etheric light I can get my Titan to 34 and try to do it again Sunday (eh, later today) or Monday.

I am very much relieved now.

Oh, we also did Trials of Osiris and got to 4 wins before losing. So I just got crap from that - was so close to the Osiris chest piece. We are going to try that again during the day. You pretty much just run into hardcore players late at night so that was a mistake to even try it then.

I gotta tell ya, the need to grind for the key really takes all of the steam out of the Prison of Elders for me.  I had a lot of fun playing it the other day with Sim, and the new HoW content is really good.  But that grind.  Ugh.  I'm not feeling it like I used to or I thought I would once HoW hit. 

Still, if you guys see me online and I'm playing something else, don't hesitate to send an invite if you need another for PoE or a raid or whatever. 

Nice one io. Sounds like you finally had some luck on your side on that 35 run to complete it!

I found a team to run through the 34 Poe last night. A 34 and 32 to go along with my 33 and it was surprisingly not that bad. The 34 was really good but with a 32 I figured it would really hinder us. But you can hide under the stairs on the cabal levels and you can cheese on the hive level that has arc burn as well so that helps a bunch. I think we only wiped once at the boss but the 32 did have a Titan bubble so that helped.

As for trials I might just have to go on lfg and ask for some pros to help carry me ton 5 wins. Either that or I will just have to not bother with it. I see all these people who said they went 9-0 multiple times and am like wtf. If you buy the items you basically only have to win 4 of 7 to get the chest. Seems doable with a good team on the last few days where all the top players already got all their loot.

^ Kind of dumb for a 32 to even try 34 since it is easy to run the 32 and get the armor core and make yourself 33 at least.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Seems doable with a good team on the last few days where all the top players already got all their loot.
That's what I'm thinking - plus play during the day. At night it is all pros. My friend Chammer who went 9-0 said as much yesterday. He had no problem with 9-0 Saturday afternoon but at night it was much harder. Of course he was also trying to carry me. But we couldn't even get to 5 wins, and that was with all 3 boons (starting with one win, getting two for one, and forgiving a loss). We creamed two teams but got creamed by the others.

And the stupid game matched us up with the same pro team TWICE IN A ROW. That shit is not supposed to happen - so boo on Bungie for that.

chubbyninja1319 said:
I gotta tell ya, the need to grind for the key really takes all of the steam out of the Prison of Elders for me. I had a lot of fun playing it the other day with Sim, and the new HoW content is really good. But that grind. Ugh. I'm not feeling it like I used to or I thought I would once HoW hit.

Still, if you guys see me online and I'm playing something else, don't hesitate to send an invite if you need another for PoE or a raid or whatever.
So here's the thing - the keys are really not necessary. Other than the initial guaranteed exotic and the Level 35 chest rewards, I've gotten crap from using I think 8 keys. And those guaranteed exotics turned straight into exotic shards (which I certainly don't need after buying 12+ helmet engrams and breaking most of those down). So, really, other than the Level 35 rewards (100% make sure you have a key if/when you run that) I could have done without the rest. Mostly I got Queen's weapons which aren't all that great.

We'll see come Tuesday if the game gives you one key per character each week. If it does, there is no need to grind. Just save that key for either the 34 or 35 (whichever is the max you think you will do that week).

Yeah, Chubby, I gotta agree with io that the keys are not critical.  I have two left and I'm just storing them in my vault for now.  Aside from getting another Red Death (shard) and another Hard Light (shard) on that first chest, all I have gotten since are Queen's gear.  Right now, I have a Queen's Pulse Rifle, Assault Rifle, Rocket Launcher, and Heavy Machine Gun.  All can be re-forged if I decide I don't like the perks.  I'm saving my keys for future 34/35 runs.

My favorite new weapon isn't even from a chest, it is the new Dead Orbit scout rifle that dropped from an engram this afternoon.  It has full-auto mode as the 2nd perk and a lightning fast ROF even without that perk.  I was in need of another good legendary scout rifle so this is perfect.  The best new armor piece I have is the Celestial Nighthawk helmet I decoded from Xur's engram.  It looks cool and I can't wait to level it up and try out that super golden gun on a boss.  

^ Kind of dumb for a 32 to even try 34 since it is easy to run the 32 and get the armor core and make yourself 33 at least.

That's what I'm thinking - plus play during the day. At night it is all pros. My friend Chammer who went 9-0 said as much yesterday. He had no problem with 9-0 Saturday afternoon but at night it was much harder. Of course he was also trying to carry me. But we couldn't even get to 5 wins, and that was with all 3 boons (starting with one win, getting two for one, and forgiving a loss). We creamed two teams but got creamed by the others.

And the stupid game matched us up with the same pro team TWICE IN A ROW. That shit is not supposed to happen - so boo on Bungie for that.
Yea, I didn't even think of the level 32 thing, it was late and I had been at a cookout most of the day. But the 34 was talking a big game saying it didn't even matter as long as there was a titan and we were willing to follow and shoot GH with reckless abandon. Usually that ends in an hour of frustration, but we got through it pretty quickly. It might have been as fast as we did the Level 32 on Friday with simo.

I gotta tell ya, the need to grind for the key really takes all of the steam out of the Prison of Elders for me. I had a lot of fun playing it the other day with Sim, and the new HoW content is really good. But that grind. Ugh. I'm not feeling it like I used to or I thought I would once HoW hit.

Yea, like others have said you have to just forget about the keys for now. Run the 32 and get your level up to 33. You get a guaranteed exotic and a queens weapon if you want to use a key, so try your luck if you want to but the queens weapons aren't any better than what you can buy from the vendors.

I'm still kind of mixed on the new content. I agree that they have totally changed the game with this update but i'm not really sure I like the changes much, lol. Story is fun, but it is over in an hour or two. ToO is not for everyone. PoE is just a horde mode. Everyone is going to be 34 in a few weeks if they keep rotating the armor piece that House of Judgement sells. Then what do yo do? Farm Skolas? Farm Keys! Upgrade weapons with EL I guess. Didn't even have much motivation to run all the old stuff this week for exotic drops. I'm wondering what they will do week to week to keep things interesting.

I've been meaning to jump back on this, but after that Best Buy glitch extravaganza I probably wont have time until Destiny 2 @_@

gotdott said:
I've been meaning to jump back on this, but after that Best Buy glitch extravaganza I probably wont have time until Destiny 2 @_@
Oh, crap. What did I miss?

Yeah, Got, what's this BB glitch you speak of?

And io/Chubby:  Thanks for two-manning round 4 of that PoE run last night.  I totally played the role of the panicky idiot (from every horror movie ever made) who freaks out and yells, "We're all gonna die!  I'm outta here!" and runs right into the jaws of the monster.   :oops:

And io/Chubby: Thanks for two-manning round 4 of that PoE run last night. I totally played the role of the panicky idiot (from every horror movie ever made) who freaks out and yells, "We're all gonna die! I'm outta here!" and runs right into the jaws of the monster. :oops:
Ha ha, you guys were picking my pathetic butt up more often than not. But we had a good time and I got to 33 and the new gauntlets look sweet!

I did get my second to last achievement in the game last night, with Hunter mastery. Now I just need flawless raider and if anybody wants to seriously run at that, let me know.

Oh, and....

The BB glitch was short lived and let you get a game half off when you got a skylander figure or something like that. I missed it, too. But that's probably good. I have a small backlog I'd like to work on anyway.

I might be able to jump on tomorrow night if anybody is doing level 32. My time is so limited that it is hard for me to plan.

UGH

So I gathered my two buddies the other night for some Trials... and we were kicking ass as usual. 7 wins and zero losses, on our 8th match which was a cake walk for us.... AND THEN THE GAME DISCONNECTED ME. I effed over my buddies and myself because apparently when I jumped back in it counted as a loss even though I had the Forgiveness on. I was SOOOOOOOOOO pissed. I was so mad though and was like... well eff it we are all kickass at PvP let's just get another straight 9 wins.. and that is what we did ; D

Ended with the Adept Handcannon with Solar. Kind of weird perks for a handacannon but its base stats are solid and it really hits hard. Also got the emblem and all that jazz as well as more coins and overall with Trials on my Warlock I got 3 more Etheric Light. The chest piece is decent but not really ideal for my set up. That Auto Rifle is pretty damn awesome though. Really wish I would have scored and Adept Auto Rifle or Scout but I will not be greedy : P

BrolyB593 said:
Ended with the Adept Handcannon with Solar. Kind of weird perks for a handacannon but its base stats are solid and it really hits hard. Also got the emblem and all that jazz as well as more coins and overall with Trials on my Warlock I got 3 more Etheric Light. The chest piece is decent but not really ideal for my set up. That Auto Rifle is pretty damn awesome though. Really wish I would have scored and Adept Auto Rifle or Scout but I will not be greedy : P
I'd just be happy with 5 wins and the chest piece. Would you be up for helping a PvP scrub to get that? I bought a passage and the first two boons with another team I was on Saturday night and after one loss they decided to stop and move on to PoE (that's when I cleared the 35 - so it was worth it). We were supposed to pick it up again today at noon but that has come and gone and I didn't see them on. So I have a card with the 1 guaranteed win and no losses (but my forgiveness thing is gone). I can still buy the 2-for-1 boon though. Like I said I just want to get to 5 (then anything else is a bonus).

I figured playing during the day would be better than all the 3-4AM runs I normally do - less hardcore players on during the day. So maybe it won't be so bad.

I am actually an OK PvP player now. I just finished second on my team on Clash and we barely lost. And I can follow directions ;).

As for PoE, after running the 28, 32 and 34 way more times than I needed to (and getting no Treasure Keys) I am looking forward to getting more regular rewards after reset. I am holding off using my two Etheric lights to level up my Titan to 34 to see what armor piece Veriks has this week. Because if it is anything else besides gloves again I can save one of those etheric lights and start working on maxing out some weapons finally.

I'd just be happy with 5 wins and the chest piece. Would you be up for helping a PvP scrub to get that? I bought a passage and the first two boons with another team I was on Saturday night and after one loss they decided to stop and move on to PoE (that's when I cleared the 35 - so it was worth it). We were supposed to pick it up again today at noon but that has come and gone and I didn't see them on. So I have a card with the 1 guaranteed win and no losses (but my forgiveness thing is gone). I can still buy the 2-for-1 boon though. Like I said I just want to get to 5 (then anything else is a bonus).

I figured playing during the day would be better than all the 3-4AM runs I normally do - less hardcore players on during the day. So maybe it won't be so bad.

I am actually an OK PvP player now. I just finished second on my team on Clash and we barely lost. And I can follow directions ;).
We shall see if I have time but I am not sure. I am working on stuff for my finals (my final finals ever!!) and then the weather is gorgeous so I will be outside for a while and I already promised my one buddy we would do a bunch of PoE stuff and a Nightfall because I neglected him yesterday while doing the Trials haha

The tough part with Trials is that you NEED a solid group to do really well (obviously especially if going for no losses). Teamwork is key and I actually like how it is one map per weekend. You get your feet wet the first couple times with your team but after a few matches we had set strategies down pat where we already were in our positions right at the start and calling everything out and we all knew what to do without even saying it depending on where certain characters were. We also sized up each and every player before the match noting their gear, perks weapons and DISC/INT/STR spread. That way we knew which character had what and how to look out for it and plan accordingly. Also you need to watch Supers and pay attention to how many kills they are getting and where they should be with their supers so you can anticipate a Golden Gun or Revive or something like that.

I am going to do a factory reset on my router when I get home from work and than re-forward the ports on my XB1 to see if that helps my disconnect issues. I would still like to run the Level 32 PoE and try the Nightfall tonight if possible. I should be good to go and online around 10:45 pm est.

Oh, crap. What did I miss?

And io/Chubby: Thanks for two-manning round 4 of that PoE run last night. I totally played the role of the panicky idiot (from every horror movie ever made) who freaks out and yells, "We're all gonna die! I'm outta here!" and runs right into the jaws of the monster. :oops:
Oh, and....

The BB glitch was short lived and let you get a game half off when you got a skylander figure or something like that. I missed it, too. But that's probably good. I have a small backlog I'd like to work on anyway.
Every game you added to your cart was 50% off including preorders/CEs (and consoles if you had a movers coupon). I ordered a bunch of recent releases and pre-ordered whatever I could think of (included that mystery Mass Effect listing on the BBY site).

How long did it take you guys to run through the HoW story line? And how long does the PoE take on average?

gotdott said:
How long did it take you guys to run through the HoW story line? And how long does the PoE take on average?
A couple of hours for the story. The PoE varies. The Level 28 and 32 are 25-45 minutes. The higher level ones can take a little longer due to wipes. The Level 32 is technically shorter than all the others because it consists of 2 boss rounds at the end (rounds 4 and 5). If you do those right, you simply blast both bosses to pieces with Gjallarhorn and it takes seconds. The non-boss rounds are 3 waves each, often with added objectives.

The Level 35 has 6 rounds (two bosses but an extra round).

But, really, if you can, get through the Story and Level 28/32 tonight - which is not hard at all except you'd need a fireteam for the Level 32. That way you can use the Armor Core to get the new gauntlets that will put you to level 33. After reset tonight he'll probably have a different armor piece for exchange.

PoE Level 32 is now Urrox. All the rounds are the same (so the Hive arc burn is round 4). It has just been bumped down to 32 from 34. The 34 is a new one - we didn't get to it though.

I ran two Nightfalls and two level 32's. I got an Icebreaker from the first one and a Legendary engram that turned into a Dead Orbit rocket launcher for the second. Meanwhile my two teammates got good stuff: Peregrine Greaves (new for the Titan) and Etheric Light.

However, before reset I had some bad luck, followed by good luck, followed by a particularly painful bit of bad luck. We decided to pick up Trials of Osiris around midnight - just two hours before the reset. We had our card from before where we had already lost and had the guaranteed win so we were 1-0. We proceeded to get stomped by some pro groups. I think maybe we ended up 2-4.

But for whatever reason we decided to try it again. Since it had gone so bad I decided not to waste my passage coins on the guaranteed win. BIG MISTAKE! We are doing OK and actually get to like 3-1 (we did buy the forgive a loss boon). Then I buy the 2-for-1 boon and we win the next match! So, awesome, I get the chest piece for my Warlock. But we weren't done there. We win one more and the guy I was playing with got the chest (since he didn't have enough coins for the 2-for-1 I ended up 1 game ahead). So that was really my goal. But we ended up winning again, then losing. So I think I was at 6-2. We then pull out two more super close matches and I'm 8-2. Then in the last match we are down 4-2 and come back to tie it. Then both teams stay back so we get the control point thing - first time I've seen that. We know one of their Titans has his smash so we stay off the control point. I tempt him into wasting it on me off to the side and the other guys kill them all. It shows us winning (by the death count) but they must have capped it a fraction of second before that so we end up with a loss. I was a freaking fraction of a second from getting the 9 wins. Damn...

I did end up with 2 etheric light from the legendary packages along with a hand cannon, a non-max Chest piece (kind of useless since I bought the good one), and a bright yellow shader that makes me look like a banana (but is still cool to have ;)).

So it let us play after the reset (I started it a minute before) and we finished a match but then our cards were blank. It is odd that it lets you play. In fact, it let us continue into another match well after reset. But it was pointless so we backed out.

After that we ran the two Nightfalls and two PoE Level 32's. Variks has the chest piece and it is pure strength like the gauntlets. I have a feeling all his stuff is going to be that way and the only way to get other rolls is to use the Judgement Chances. So I did my second one of those and just like the first I got a lame weapon (shotgun this time, rocket launcher last time - both with bad perks and since they are Fallen-themed weapons they can't be re-rolled). After completing the second 32 I'm not sure if I want to try for another. Of course the two other guys I'm playing with get armor pieces (one got the helm) with great rolls. I might use the armor core to just get the chest for my Hunter anyway even though that make her way to heavy on strength.

Oh, and his weapon sucks this week too - a fusion rifle. So maybe I will use another Judgement's Chance. I got those two extra etheric light from Trials of Osiris that I can use to level up other gear plus can earn 3 more minimum this week.

Oh yeah, I also decided to ascend my first weapon: Fatebringer. It wrecks in the 32 PoE. I'll have to see how it stacks up in the 34/35.

Oh yeah, Nightfall is Sepiks with both Lightswitch and Brawler (so both you and the enemies have increased melee). It is pretty easy though.

The Heroic is the new strike with either increased primary or secondary weapon damage (another one of the new modifiers you see in Prison of Elders).

One more thing - we DID NOT get any keys from Petra or Variks or for finishing the level 32. So you have to get them via chest drops (either in PoE or on Patrol) I guess. Though it is possible if you do the new Queen's bounties you might get one - we'll see. We didn't open the chests in 32 so we don't know if you still get a guaranteed exotic on your first chest of the week or if that was just for your first chest ever. I'll probably open one on the 34 tomorrow. I have 2 keys and definitely want to save them for the 35 but I can probably farm for one or two more before I get to that on all my characters (I only did it on one last week).

bread's done
Back