Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Nice one io, people are going to see your new ToO gear and start asking you to carry them in the next Trials, lol!

I was pretty wiped out the last couple days of the weekend due to all the family stuff I had on the schedule.  Forced myself to finish up the 34 PoE on my other 2 characters last night before the reset just for the Etheric Light.  Ended up having 2 pretty easy runs with very few wipes. Should have all characters at 34 after running NF and level 32 PoE tonight.  Then I guess I'll have to grind for a key just to do this Level 35 PoE.

I beat the 35 & didn't have a key :(.  You NEED one for the ship, shader, emblem, & weapon. I will have one next time, though. Only had my titan to 34, the used the others for fatebringer & vision of confluence upgrades. I will have other 2 to 34 this week, so I can run 35 on all characters. I got a pretty good void Machine Gun from the "Judgement's Chance", using the weapon & armor cores from 35 PoE at Reef. I was hoping for armor, as I hate wasting etheric light on armor pieces if I'll only get a 42 chest piece soon, so I could have used it on a weapon (like all my snipers with Firefly, as the new ones suck). I am happy to say that I didn't touch trials of Osiris & got all my gear from PvE.

Also, please send a message stating you're from CAG if you add me as a friend. I have ignored some of the friend requests because I didn't know they were from here. Now seeing the list, I will accept the couple that I hadn't before. You all know how you can get many requests (360) or people adding you as friends (XbOne) while hanging in the tower for 5 minutes.

Glad to see you at least got a good chunk of stuff io!

Last night was terrible for Destiny haha. I ended up finally doing my Hunter's Nightfall and got some crappy auto rifle I immediately dismantled. Then we jumped over and did the 35 PoE which is difficult yeah but really nothing too crazy. I think we only wiped once or twice total. THen my buddies went off to play other stuff and me and Hooptie grabbed an LFG for a 34 run with my Hunter to at least get one more Etheric Light before the reset... and the kid was terrible. We ended with like 300 kills each and like 6 deaths, this kid had like 14 deaths and 150 kills. He would listen for the most part at least to direction but he kept going off the walls randomly with stuff and I just laid down the law I was like hey man, you keep using your super and stuff at terrible times just wait until my call to do anything okay? And then after that it got better hahaha

But so my other buddy needed a few more wins on his ToO from the other day to get his 9-0 so despite it already being far past when I wanted to go to bed I said I would help him. This time on my Hunter so I could at the very least get the chest piece. I figured that would be easy to get no problem because it was me and the one guy from before that got the 9-0 and our other buddy who is pretty solid at PvP. We destroyed as expected and my buddy got his 9-0 and I was sitting there at 3-0. All I wanted was the chest piece so I just needed to win two more that was it. TWO MORE. Well, my one buddy decided to get off so I had to pull in one of my other friends who kept begging to do ToO but he is terrible at PvP... and yeah needless to say I did not get my chest piece. I stayed up until 3am doing that only to fail. I was so pissed. It just shows that if you have one really weak link in a 3v3 like that you are going to have one hell of a time. Once my other budy joined we won one and lost 3 and so yeah like I said, no chest piece just a shit ton of wasted time.

To add on to that then I slept through my alarms this morning and ended up here at work an hour late! Woohoo!

*EDIT*

That Jewel of Osiris (Adept) I got from the 9-0 ToO is actually pretty freaking amazing. It was perfect to have during the Cabal rounds of PoE as it hits just as hard and smooth as Fatebringer except this one is already 365 and has Solar. I can definitely see this becoming my go to solar primary.

*Double Edit*

365 Black Hammer stuns locks Urrox and you can literally kill him with just that gun in no time so long as your team keeps you safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broly - yeah, definitely happy with getting that done. But it would have been nice to pull multiple armor pieces like Vendetta did. I am just having crap luck with getting armor though. I got nothing extra from Trials (except the non-ascended Chest piece drop which was made redundant since I got the real chest piece) and my two Judgement's Chances have been crap on a stick (weapons). I was SO SO close to that 9th win, too, which might have given me some more armor. I want to try a different character next week so I was hoping to clear two amor pieces and maybe leave my Warlock out of it. I also learned tobuy every boon no matter what - so I really need to remember to do the Daily Crucible event with each character - so there's yet even more for me to do. I could do what I saw someone doing yesterday - just start it up and not participate and get your free passage coin. We still almost won a Clash match with a guy doing that ;).

Damn I don't know how people are clearing the 35 so easily. It was such a struggle when I did it even with 3 people G-horning the crap out of him. I probably spent 4 hours total trying to clear it (3 different times) before finally getting it done. Granted the first time was just when another dude gave up at Skolas so we just jumped right in at the boss without having any idea what was going on.

So apparently the new 34 is a Vex that puts you in detainment shields and shit. Sounds interesting and people are saying it is much harder than Urrox was last week. Uh-oh.

And they changed the burn on Skolas - it is ARC now. That will be interesting but it could make it a little easier since he won't be able to one-shot you with his Scorch Cannon any more. Plus that helps with the Captains' shields if you need to fend a few of them off once you have Skolas down to 1/2 or whatever and the adds spawn. And now I'm really glad I ascended a Fatebringer. So that, a nice Arc sniper like one of my Efrideet's Spears, and Thunderlord may be the way to go this time. Hopefully that means less time waiting for synths. But first things first - need to clear that new 34...

Well...got to run it with LiquidSnake and one of his buddies...got to the last Round...we're pretty sure we were glitched...nothing could break us out of those bubbles.  The buff didn't seem to do much.  Don't see how it would have been possible to get yourself out and your teamates.   Qodro sucks, what a bunch of BS tonight...sigh

Did you have any luck with your team Vash?

Anyone willing to commit to a couple of PoE runs Friday or Saturday night? I'm looking to run the 32 and I'm also hoping to do at least one 34 run before the next reset.

Well...got to run it with LiquidSnake and one of his buddies...got to the last Round...we're pretty sure we were glitched...nothing could break us out of those bubbles. The buff didn't seem to do much. Don't see how it would have been possible to get yourself out and your teamates. Qodro sucks, what a bunch of BS tonight...sigh

Did you have any luck with your team Vash?
Damn that sucks! We didn't even touch the 34. Hooptie was badgering me to get on like as soon as I walked in my door and so when I got on I saw you and planned on inviting you but as I was getting gear and stuff my one buddy joined in before I could even invite you! I am probably going to have to miss his engagement party in a couple weeks because of my graduation and I dont get to see him much anyway so I didnt have the heart to get rid of him haha. He is pretty terrible though : P

We ran a Nightfall and I got a Handcannon with the same base stats as Fatebringer and Jewel of Osiris. Figured I wold keep it for now but eh still never use it. We then went through all the new bounties from Petra and farmed a bit for keys as we did so. No luck on the key front of course. Then since my buddy Jake is only 31 we decided to run the 32 PoE and so then I could get an Armor Core and use it for my Titan and basically make an Armor core train Warlock at 34 gets Armor Core, use it and an Etheric Light on my Titan to get her to 34 and then play and get another Armor Core with my Titan and give it to my Hunter and do the same to get her to 34 and then give my Hunter's Armor Core to my Warlock fun fun fun.

But yeah so we are running the 32 PoE with Hooptie and I at 34 and my buddy at 31. My buddy is pretty terrible like I said and Hooptie was having an off day and so I had like quadruple Jake's kills and then double Hooptie's each round. We get to Urrox and my buddy just cannot get the jumping part down when he rages.. he just kept getting killed over and over and then all of a sudden Hooptie disconnected! We tried to get him back in but it wouldnt let him since we were on the very last round it said. We tried all sorts of things and looked it up online and just couldnt get him in. So Jake and I went at it just the two of us.... and dayumm. Jake arguably did nothing but die over and over again and I just kept reviving him when I could and we still killed Urrox. I know it was only 32 but it still felt awesome. Jake was like... "Dude I am going to be your bard and recount this story, you literally beat it not only by yourself but with me as a handicap that you had to keep reviving and yet I gave no actual support" haha

Then after that I just got off for the day and called it quits.

Anyone willing to commit to a couple of PoE runs Friday or Saturday night? I'm looking to run the 32 and I'm also hoping to do at least one 34 run before the next reset.
Sorry I had missed your earlier message about NF while trying to get the kids to bed, then when Chubby invited me later I was in the middle of a PoE run. I'd be down for some PoE this week. I only have one 32 run left, but would like to do the 34 as well and i should have all my guys up to max level tonight.

Has anyone completed the 34 yet? Sounds more difficult based on what others have said. After finishing the 32 last night the host loaded up the 34 and the first wave is a vex boss wave. It was late so we weren't going to spend time at that point.

Got a Gally from the NF. Finally the RNG Overlords cut me a break.
Simo still can't get any GH luck, huh?

On my first NF run one guy pulled a GH and the 3rd person started cursing him out. The guy who pulled it was like "What? Really? I have 700 hours in and when I finally get the GH to drop I wasn't even paying attention" lolz all around on that one!

I lucked out and pulled Etheric Light on 2 of 3 NF runs which makes me 3 for 6 since HoW came out. Can now make all 3 characters 34 and ascend 3 weapons as well. Was thinking of Vision of Confluence, a sniper (either Black Hammer or Efredeet's Spear (Arc). Not sure about the other one. Usually roll with scout rifles so was considering Gheleon's Demise or Fang of Ir Yut, but with VoC at 365 might not need another Scout.

I

Sorry I had missed your earlier message about NF while trying to get the kids to bed, then when Chubby invited me later I was in the middle of a PoE run. I'd be down for some PoE this week. I only have one 32 run left, but would like to do the 34 as well and i should have all my guys up to max level tonight.

Has anyone completed the 34 yet? Sounds more difficult based on what others have said. After finishing the 32 last night the host loaded up the 34 and the first wave is a vex boss wave. It was late so we weren't going to spend time at that point.

On my first NF run one guy pulled a GH and the 3rd person started cursing him out. The guy who pulled it was like "What? Really? I have 700 hours in and when I finally get the GH to drop I wasn't even paying attention" lolz all around on that one!

I lucked out and pulled Etheric Light on 2 of 3 NF runs which makes me 3 for 6 since HoW came out. Can now make all 3 characters 34 and ascend 3 weapons as well. Was thinking of Vision of Confluence, a sniper (either Black Hammer or Efredeet's Spear (Arc). Not sure about the other one. Usually roll with scout rifles so was considering Gheleon's Demise or Fang of Ir Yut, but with VoC at 365 might not need another Scout.
I got strange coins & 2 vanguard weapons on 3 nightfalls. I feel so screwed.

I beat 32 & 34 with all 3 characters last night. The vex boss is really easy with last weeks Skolas strat. Need a bubble, and at least 2 34's w Gally (2 times the other person had Truth, and we got it done). You just gally the crap out of him before he starts the detainment shield spawning. Longest I spent was with a female that had never done it, and she had a Truth that wasn't maxed. We had to try 3-4 times (once she blew herself up with a rocket). All need to be 34's for that to work, unless all have Gally's. we got it 1st try when all 3 had Gally. I never had keys, but wanted etheric light since I don't play PVP.

Now all 3 characters are at 34, but I HATE the Kell chest for warlock. Will change asap. Have 1 etheric light, but not sure what to use on. Probably something to beat Skolas. The people I know that beat it recomment a High impact sniper like the LDR 5001, or even the new Queen one with arc. I wanted to upgrade Black Hammer to 365, but that won't benefit me. I was asking them about which Arc launcher I should upgrade for 35 PoE, and they say you don't use it much, so use on sniper. My Patience & Time is 365, though, but some say that's not enough damage to stagger Skolas each time it hits. I'm gonna try, as some on LFG DID neat him with P&T. Invite if anyone wants to do 35 PoE. I WILL get a key first this time, though, so I get the shader, etc.

The Kell fusion is AWESOME. I love it has the impact that 77 wizard/Pratorean Foil has. It also has accelerated coils, and no need for etheric light to get to 365 :). Not a ton of range, but a fantastic fusion rifle IMHO.

Also, GLOCKGLOCK, I know your Efredeet's Spear is Arc, so I would definitely go that route if you want to do 35 this week. I have mine void, and love the perks, but was thinking of reforging to get arc & field scout to tear Skolas up. I will decide after I beat him with my Titan again (easiest to do). I will help with 34, too, but I will do bounties to get a key right when I get home at 6 central. I wanna get the exotic bounty, and you can get it from beating 34 or 35 boss. I wouldn't get any other rewards for it.

If I could have gotten something other than legendary secondary weapons from my Nightfalls, that would have lessened the sting of Chubby getting that G-horn. But I told him at least he deserved it because RNG has mistreated him something awful lately. Really, he's been through Crota hard at least 3 times and hasn't gotten a single weapon to drop. I seem to at least get Oversoul Edict every time from the lamps.

So my group cleared all our 32s last night.  They were really quick and I also got 3 Nightfalls and 1 Weekly done (for the rep only since you don't even get engrams anymore :roll: )

My nightfall drops were crap.  I got 2 of the same AR I got last week... :bomb:  and a Crest of Alpha Lupi that had a -30 roll compared to the one I already have... :roll:

Probably going to clear 34s tonight.  My other two buddies still had a bit of work to do to get to 34 on their other characters.  I actually had all 3 of my characters to 34 last week :lol:

I got lucky with my Judgement Chances though.  Snagged the Scout and the Kellbreaker Helm for my Hunter :D :D :D

Had a friend get the exotic bounty from 34, his RNG still amazes me.

I do still have 1 extra Armor core and I do want to collect all the armor for the Hunter but the roll on the one Variks has is complete shit and would mess up my stat build. 

I'm going to spend all 3 Etheric Lights on guns from the 34s. 

Probably going in order:

-Fang of Ir Yut

-Vision of Confluence

-Sniper (I think I'm going my Arc LDR with Last Round)  I made a mistake wanting to keep Firefly on my Efrideets and should have rolled it for Last Round and Field Scout.  Definitely going to roll one for those stats when IB comes back.

So since a have a few keys I figured I would run the level 28 via matchmaking. I ended up getting a scout rifle and a solar fusion rifle. When I went to re-roll the scout rifle I accendently re-rolled the scout rifle I had fully upgraded with perks I loved. Took me 36 of the 42 motes I had to get it back to the way I liked it that included re-rolling the fusion rifle to void with some ok perks.

io said:
And they changed the burn on Skolas - it is ARC now. That will be interesting but it could make it a little easier since he won't be able to one-shot you with his Scorch Cannon any more. Plus that helps with the Captains' shields if you need to fend a few of them off once you have Skolas down to 1/2 or whatever and the adds spawn.
Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong about this. We tried Level 35 last night with 3 Titans. We did the triple-bubble strategy on every level and it made the first 5 not too hard (though as usual the 5th wave boss Servitor is a rocket sponge - just takes a while). But, man, Skolas is a pain in the ass this week. I do have an Arc Efrideet's Spear and that can do 8000+ damage and stagger him. But we never could get the rhythm down to keep him staggered far away like one video showed. Apparently on PS4 you can use one of their exclusives to shotgun him in the face and finish him off almost instantly. We get screwed because of that.

We actually tried this legit in that we would chip his health down, then go find another "ghost" Servitor so we could attack him more, etc. The problem is that once you break the bonds and he starts the "taint" thing it becomes impossible. For those that don't know, he puts a Thorn-like attack on you that drains your health. The other players have to take it from you by holding 'X' (like taking the Chalice). But here's the catch. After you've had it, you are "Immune" for 30-40 seconds and during this time you cannot take the debuff from someone else (but you are not immune from other damage). So if just one person dies you are screwed. And if you swap it too quickly then no one csn take it back from the 3rd guy. Oh yeah, and then once you do a little bit more damage you have to cap the control points at the same time and you have tons of Arc-shooting Vandals that take you out in the air as you try to get from point to point.

We ended up giving up on Skolas after 2 hours. Unless someone finds a cheese strategy we might just have to skip him this week.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Lucky bastard - I keep getting crap from the Nightfalls. Would love just one Etheric Light from it.

twztid13 said:
I beat 32 & 34 with all 3 characters last night. The vex boss is really easy with last weeks Skolas strat. Need a bubble, and at least 2 34's w Gally (2 times the other person had Truth, and we got it done). You just gally the crap out of him before he starts the detainment shield spawning. Longest I spent was with a female that had never done it, and she had a Truth that wasn't maxed. We had to try 3-4 times (once she blew herself up with a rocket). All need to be 34's for that to work, unless all have Gally's. we got it 1st try when all 3 had Gally. I never had keys, but wanted etheric light since I don't play PVP.

Now all 3 characters are at 34, but I HATE the Kell chest for warlock. Will change asap. Have 1 etheric light, but not sure what to use on. Probably something to beat Skolas. The people I know that beat it recomment a High impact sniper like the LDR 5001, or even the new Queen one with arc. I wanted to upgrade Black Hammer to 365, but that won't benefit me. I was asking them about which Arc launcher I should upgrade for 35 PoE, and they say you don't use it much, so use on sniper. My Patience & Time is 365, though, but some say that's not enough damage to stagger Skolas each time it hits. I'm gonna try, as some on LFG DID neat him with P&T. Invite if anyone wants to do 35 PoE. I WILL get a key first this time, though, so I get the shader, etc.

The Kell fusion is AWESOME. I love it has the impact that 77 wizard/Pratorean Foil has. It also has accelerated coils, and no need for etheric light to get to 365 :). Not a ton of range, but a fantastic fusion rifle IMHO.
Never been a fan of fusion rifles and I've been using all my armor and weapon cores for Judgement's Chances but I do have one weapon core left - maybe I'll snag it. But with my luck with the Judgement's Chances I'm sure I'll get one (instead of armor) soon enough so I may hold off on buying any of his weapons from here on out.

And yeah, Qodron is easy if you have 3 G-horns. I've cleared it twice. I have an Arc Efrideet's Spear and it does some work on Skolas like I said above. But the problem was the other two guys with me didn't have one. Thunderlord also works well. and has the bonus of being able to mow down the adds. I had just used my last Etheric Light to ascend a Black Hammer so my Efrideet's is still 331. But I don't think it would have mattered if I had ascended mine. And I don't see going back in there and wasting another 3+ hours anyway. I'll just wait until next week when it will probably be Void burn. At least with that, the enemies won't be able to hurt you as much and maybe it would be possible to do it the legit way of chipping Skolas down slowly. We just have to get the timing of the Tainted thing down better.

twztid13 said:
Also, GLOCKGLOCK, I know your Efredeet's Spear is Arc, so I would definitely go that route if you want to do 35 this week. I have mine void, and love the perks, but was thinking of reforging to get arc & field scout to tear Skolas up. I will decide after I beat him with my Titan again (easiest to do). I will help with 34, too, but I will do bounties to get a key right when I get home at 6 central. I wanna get the exotic bounty, and you can get it from beating 34 or 35 boss. I wouldn't get any other rewards for it.
Yeah, I have a friend who got the Exotic bounty on his first 34 run this week. I still need to do a 34 on my Hunter if anyone is up for that.

Vendetta_x360 said:
I do still have 1 extra Armor core and I do want to collect all the armor for the Hunter but the roll on the one Variks has is complete shit and would mess up my stat build.
fuck Variks. I completely passed on the crap armor this week (though I do want the chest piece - just not with 100% strength) and got 3 more Judgement's Chances instead. I ended up with a duplicate rocket launcher to the one I got from one last week (what a waste of my level 35 rewards!) and two other guns (hand cannon and auto rifle). What an utter waste - I would have preferred just to get the stupid chest armor. So I had to use all my Etheric Light to ascend two more pieces for my Titan and Hunter. Thankfully I had those two extra from Trials of Osiris at least. The bonus at least from that is that I was able to get better stat rolls on my Titan and Hunter by picking a better chest armor than what Variks had. It is stuff I would level eventually anyway.

As for weapons, I had already ascended a Fatebringer. And when I did the 34 on my Titan I used that Etheric light to do Black Hammer. Yeah, I probably should have used it on my Efrideet's Spear but other than this week's Skolas and the occasional Arc Burn Nightfall I don't use it that much. So I did Black Hammer which I use all the time.

Vendetta - if you want to run the 34 let me know. I still have that to do on my Hunter. I'll use the light from that to ascend another weapon - maybe Vision of Confluence.

My Titan has a bunch of mis-matched gear to be 34. I have an exotic helm (Saint-14 is great for much of PoE with the blinder bubble), the Variks arms from last week, the Vault of Glass chest (since it has increased ammo for Special weapons instead of just shotgun/sniper/fusion like most of the others), and Crota boots (for the heavy ammo and swordbearer touch - plus I had 150 intellect ones). One thing I just noticed last night is that when you ascend a legendary armor the stats get boosted! My VoG chest piece was kind of low at 130 Discipline. When I ascended it, it went to 150! My 150 Int Crota boots went to 159. I actually have a piece of Queen's Wrath armor (from way back at the beginning of the game) that has pretty good stats already - it will boost nicely. But that will have to happen much later on when I get a lot more Etheric light. Speaking of which, I wonder when the next Iron Banner is happening - we are supposed to get Etheric light from that now.

Yea, I love my Arc 'Nefertiti' Spear.  I might have to upgrade that one if I get a shot at the lvl 35 this week.  Then again I have to find a key first so I can get the loot...

So I'm reading that you can get the elemental primaries as a drop in Level 35 and not from the big chest? 

These new exotic bounties are such a load of crap.  You have to burn keys just to get through one of the stages of the bounty...great!  :beer:

Yea these all strength rolls on Variks gear aren't really helping us out much.  Two weeks in a row now too.  I guess I'll buy them and try to ascend some other items with good rolls to make up the difference.  

I have definitely been lucky with my Etheric Light nightfall drops, but then again people that were good in ToO got 2 more EL per character right?

I have definitely been lucky with my Etheric Light nightfall drops, but then again people that were good in ToO got 2 more EL per character right?
Yeah but we had to earn those not just pure luck! ; P

But yeah I have had garbage Nightfall drops since the DLC... err I have had garbage Nightfall drop for months!

Yeah but we had to earn those not just pure luck! ; P

But yeah I have had garbage Nightfall drops since the DLC... err I have had garbage Nightfall drop for months!
Yea, no doubt, but PvP comes easier for some players (especially ones who are not pushing 40, lol). And some people have groups of friends they have been playing PvP with for years. All my XBL friends do is score whore so they couldn't care less about a game unless it has achievements or some type of achievement based contest attached to it.

When I was trying to finish the 34 PoE on Monday before the reset I found someone posting their stream on LFG offering to carry any level 34 to 9-0. After watching it for a bit I felt like they were playing a different game that I was most of the time. Just rushing people with Thorn and Felwinter and being ultra aggressive. I guess if you are good you can play that way and you probably get a decent amount of wins by overwhelming people. Not even sure if these guys were "pros" or what but they lost maybe one game out of 40 so I'd say they were at least above average, lol. It was funny though that after they carried another person through the guy sat back lit up a smoke and crushed it in like 4 drags which made me chuckle.

Yea, I love my Arc 'Nefertiti' Spear. I might have to upgrade that one if I get a shot at the lvl 35 this week. Then again I have to find a key first so I can get the loot...

So I'm reading that you can get the elemental primaries as a drop in Level 35 and not from the big chest?

These new exotic bounties are such a load of crap. You have to burn keys just to get through one of the stages of the bounty...great! :beer:

Yea these all strength rolls on Variks gear aren't really helping us out much. Two weeks in a row now too. I guess I'll buy them and try to ascend some other items with good rolls to make up the difference.

Yep Primary with burn is drop only on Skolas. The really shitty thing is that the burn is random so unless I get lucky, I'll be grinding away to try and get a Void Scout since I don't care for Word of Crota very much.

-Sniper (I think I'm going my Arc LDR with Last Round) I made a mistake wanting to keep Firefly on my Efrideets and should have rolled it for Last Round and Field Scout. Definitely going to roll one for those stats when IB comes back.
You're in luck... No needto wait for IB. You can reforge at the gunsmith :D.

Yep Primary with burn is drop only on Skolas. The really shitty thing is that the burn is random so unless I get lucky, I'll be grinding away to try and get a Void Scout since I don't care for Word of Crota very much.
Same!

I am really hoping for the ToO Scout with Void but I would take a PoE Scout with Void as well. I have my 365 Fatebringer for Arc, Jewel of Osiris (Adept) for Solar and like you I am not a fan of Word of Crota all that much so I could use a solid 365 Void Primary.

Same!

I am really hoping for the ToO Scout with Void but I would take a PoE Scout with Void as well. I have my 365 Fatebringer for Arc, Jewel of Osiris (Adept) for Solar and like you I am not a fan of Word of Crota all that much so I could use a solid 365 Void Primary.
You have the Atheon's Epilogue :p

You have the Atheon's Epilogue :p
I still haven't had the heart to dismantle it too. I am okay dismantling anything but Raid weapons even though I will never use them in this case! I remember when it first came out it was a viable option to at least have one in a team because when running VoG that person could take down the Minotaur shield.

I remember though this one guy we were playing VoG with, mind you this was RIGHT before the Crota dlc, who INSISTED that AE was THE BEST gun in the game. Like there was no telling him otherwise. I absolutely hated dealing with that kid he was such an idiot. He was like the friend of a friend of a friend over Live and somehow ended with us and just kept whining over and over that we should take him with us on our first Crota Run and just in general tack him to part of the group. Like... you don't beg someone to start playing with them and that was what he did it was ridiculous. Oh and as you would expect he was absolutely horrendous at the game. I remember I got super pissed though because he did end up getting carried through Crota by other people and he got like the most amazing RNG repeatedly getting all the armor and everything right away. Stupid kid. His name I believe was YukonBlu so look out for him : p

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Yep - watch the end of this video. It looks like two guys got them immediately after killing Skolas:

https://youtu.be/6jyDHgRnFHo

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Yea, no doubt, but PvP comes easier for some players (especially ones who are not pushing 40, lol). And some people have groups of friends they have been playing PvP with for years. All my XBL friends do is score whore so they couldn't care less about a game unless it has achievements or some type of achievement based contest attached to it.

When I was trying to finish the 34 PoE on Monday before the reset I found someone posting their stream on LFG offering to carry any level 34 to 9-0. After watching it for a bit I felt like they were playing a different game that I was most of the time. Just rushing people with Thorn and Felwinter and being ultra aggressive. I guess if you are good you can play that way and you probably get a decent amount of wins by overwhelming people. Not even sure if these guys were "pros" or what but they lost maybe one game out of 40 so I'd say they were at least above average, lol. It was funny though that after they carried another person through the guy sat back lit up a smoke and crushed it in like 4 drags which made me chuckle.
Pushing 40? Try pushing 50 dude. I've never really played PvP multiplayer of any kind before AND I don't have the reflexes that some of you guys have but even I was able to go 8-3 (and would have been 9-2 if I had bought the first win boon). I sure as hell earned those two etheric light. But then again the game essentially took them away from me by giving me 4 weapons on my 4 Judgement's Chances (because I would have saved the light for weapons instead of having to do old gear).

And yeah the guy who is good on our team pushes really hard on Trials. It took me and the other guy a couple sets of really bad matches (2 wins one time, 1 the second time before we went 8-3) to adjust to his style. When I started following him and backing him up, I was able to clean up partial kills he might get even if he got wiped out trying to go 1-on-3 (though usually he would get 1 or 2 of them).

Anyway, this video makes Skolas look not so bad, and they did it without taking him completely out in 30 seconds (https://youtu.be/6jyDHgRnFHo).

Our mistakes last night:
1) Getting him down below 50% while all the adds were still around. Then you have to cap the points while adds are there.
2) Swapping the devouring essence thing too quickly because then you can't swap it again. You have like a 40 second timer before you can take it again (which is how long it lasts on the other person).

My Efrideet's Spear was doing way more damage than this guy's. He is doing like 5000. Mine was 8200 with Weapons of Light. We were doing bubbles on the spawn door on the left side which helped a lot. With all 3 Titan specced to different bubble types we could even survive Skolas coming right inside the bubble and stomping us. We got our supers back instantly as well. The problem is no invis for point capturing but the method these guys use is to clear the adds so it shouldn't be an issue. The problem is getting the timing down. You tend to knock him down to half and get tainted/have mines while there are still adds. That is hard to coordinate - the video makes it look too easy. But what I like about their strategy is that it doesn't require ridiculous DPS on him up front. And I don't think they have to wait around forever for synths either. I would use Thunderlord for the adds and the arc sniper for Skolas. We seemed to do best with that last night.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who hates Word of Crota :lol: .

TBH, I would rather run with AE than Word when hitting up VoG.  Don't do it though, just because I don't want to bother moving guns in and out of the vault.

Regardless, I'm hoping for a new Void Primary because choosing between AE and Word is like having to vote between a turd sandwich and a douchebag.  Even when you win you lose.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who hates Word of Crota :lol: .

TBH, I would rather run with AE than Word when hitting up VoG. Don't do it though, just because I don't want to bother moving guns in and out of the vault.

Regardless, I'm hoping for a new Void Primary because choosing between AE and Word is like having to vote between a turd sandwich and a douchebag. Even when you win you lose.
Oh man I would still use Word of Crota over AE any day. Largely because I always prefer handcannons anyway though. I would rather be rewarded for 3 solid critical shots than spray a whole clip into someone with weak purple confetti!

You guys should start a new clan.. instead of Grandads you can be GranCAGs  ; P

*Sorry I had to : P

twztid13 said:
I HATE AE. No low impact weapons satisfy me. I love the Word, though. Go figure. I'm pushing 40, too, lol.
I don't get the hate for Word. What is wrong with it? I only use Fatebringer more because of the Firefly perk. But for VoG I love to rock Word and Swordbreaker. Both can tear up those Minotaurs.

And yeah, I have an Atheon's Epilogue on each character though I don't know why. I guess I should delete at least one of them to make room for new stuff. I never use it anyway since I got Word of Crota. But it was my very first VoG weapon drop so I'm kind of nostalgic for it. Plus I don't see it drop all that much any more.

I did get a Jewel of Osiris from Trials - not sure where or when as it ended up in my Post. But with the Icarus perk (yuk), not being able to reforge, and it not being adept (thus no elemental damage), I don't see using it. Of course I'll keep it since it was hard to get.

BrolyB593 said:
You guys should start a new clan.. instead of Grandads you can be GranCAGs ; P

*Sorry I had to : P
You need to stop. Now. Remember I can ban people ;).

Oh man I would still use Word of Crota over AE any day. Largely because I always prefer handcannons anyway though. I would rather be rewarded for 3 solid critical shots than spray a whole clip into someone with weak purple confetti!
Haha, sure... for general use I'll go with Word. But in VoG, and specifically for minotaurs, I like AE better.

Word doesn't seem to knock down those shields as fast as AE.

Anyway, I've learned to tolerate Word but still waiting for a good Void Primary :)

Is anyone going to be on tonight? I'm up for anything you guys feel like carrying me through. I still need some radiant energies and shards I think.

I would love to do the level 32 PoE but I am not even sure if I would use the armor core for the chest piece since the ones I have now I like a lot and they are already upgraded to 42.

I just did my first PoE run and got a Gjallahorn. I'd be willing to try level 32 or nightfall if anybody is going to run through soon.

Renegade Moose said:
I just did my first PoE run and got a Gjallahorn. I'd be willing to try level 32 or nightfall if anybody is going to run through soon.
Welcome back ;).

Level 32 easy mode (for the round 5 boss): A Titan with Armor of Light. Just stand in the bubble during Rage. You don't even have to jump. Then have the other two make orbs so the Titan has it back for next time. (Sunsingers use Radiance to kill stuff, Hunters golden gun, etc). Or even better - another Titan (or two) to make overlapping bubbles with the orb creation perk. You'll have orbs for days.

[quote name="io" post="12710947" timestamp="1432769533"]Welcome back ;).

Level 32 easy mode (for the round 5 boss): A Titan with Armor of Light. Just stand in the bubble during Rage. You don't even have to jump. Then have the other two make orbs so the Titan has it back for next time. (Sunsingers use Radiance to kill stuff, Hunters golden gun, etc). Or even better - another Titan (or two) to make overlapping bubbles with the orb creation perk. You'll have orbs for days.[/quote]
Oh I've been lurking. :D

I don't get the hate for Word. What is wrong with it? I only use Fatebringer more because of the Firefly perk. But for VoG I love to rock Word and Swordbreaker. Both can tear up those Minotaurs.

And yeah, I have an Atheon's Epilogue on each character though I don't know why. I guess I should delete at least one of them to make room for new stuff. I never use it anyway since I got Word of Crota. But it was my very first VoG weapon drop so I'm kind of nostalgic for it. Plus I don't see it drop all that much any more.

I did get a Jewel of Osiris from Trials - not sure where or when as it ended up in my Post. But with the Icarus perk (yuk), not being able to reforge, and it not being adept (thus no elemental damage), I don't see using it. Of course I'll keep it since it was hard to get.

You need to stop. Now. Remember I can ban people ;).
The hate on Word though is coming from Scout Rifle users ;) . I for one view Word as only a situational weapon. i.e. only void burn weeks do I ever bust it out because other guns are much better in slot for any other activities.

Like for VoG, just run a swordbreaker and there is your void. Also I should note that I don't like explosive round because to me it seems to negate critical hits a majority of the time and being a person that goes for head shots, that just makes me both mad and sad :cry:

I do, and need an anchor so I can grab with other 2 characters. Add me.
You're in luck... No needto wait for IB. You can reforge at the gunsmith :D.
Will add you when I get home from work in 2.5 hours ish.

And I guess I just assumed you needed Saladin for weapon forging. Glad I was wrong. Now I just have to hope I don't burn motes trying to get my "perfect" roll.

Same!

Oh man if I could get a void Trials and void Prison scout..... :drool:

And like I said above, I just feel like word is totally situational since Fatebringer and Fang and Vision are just much better in slot unless it is a void burn week. It's not so much that I think the gun sucks, it really honestly isn't that bad but there are so many better primary gun options :)

I guess it is just because I like Fatebringer so much that I use Word when there is any Void stuff to deal with. I generally don't like using scouts unless I'm looking longer range. To me Fatebringer is a nice combination between Scout and Shotgun. Having said that, I will probably be ascending Vision of Confluence next, followed soon after by Fang of Ir Yut. I'll be holding off on my Word for a while.

I guess it is just because I like Fatebringer so much that I use Word when there is any Void stuff to deal with. I generally don't like using scouts unless I'm looking longer range. To me Fatebringer is a nice combination between Scout and Shotgun. Having said that, I will probably be ascending Vision of Confluence next, followed soon after by Fang of Ir Yut. I'll be holding off on my Word for a while.
That brings up a point I have been discussing lately in the game. I feel I am much more prone to spend my Etheric Light right now on weapons with a base level of 300 so I feel I am actually seeing more of a return on investment. Going from 300 to 365 seems well worth it whereas 331 to 365 seems like it can wait. I probably would ascend Black Hammer and Word and maybe even Hunger but right now I feel like I should focus the early Etheric Light on either armor or 300 damage weapons. What do you guys think?

BrolyB593 said:
I probably would ascend Black Hammer and Word and maybe even Hunger but right now I feel like I should focus the early Etheric Light on either armor or 300 damage weapons. What do you guys think?
Absolutely. That's why I did Fatebringer and will probably do Vision of Confluence next. I just did Black Hammer because I use it so much.

And like I said, I was surprised the armor pieces gained stat boosts when ascended. I don't mean the armor rating - I mean things like Intellect and Discipline. That took off a little of the sting from not getting any armor from the Judgement's Chances I cashed in. It is an odd boost though.

The damage boost on original (300) level weapons is 21.7%. On TDB weapons it is 10.3%.
Armor rating boost on Vault of Glass gear is 22.1%. Crota gear boosts 9.8%. But of course for those the more important thing is the Light rating so you aren't at a disadvantage against level 34/35 enemies. So your boost is really more than 10% or 20% when doing 34/35 activities.

But the stat boost I got from my Vault gear (Intellect in this case) was 13.3%. My stat boost on Crota gear was 6%. Still, it is better than what I was expecting.

Absolutely. That's why I did Fatebringer and will probably do Vision of Confluence next. I just did Black Hammer because I use it so much.

And like I said, I was surprised the armor pieces gained stat boosts when ascended. I don't mean the armor rating - I mean things like Intellect and Discipline. That took off a little of the sting from not getting any armor from the Judgement's Chances I cashed in. It is an odd boost though.

The damage boost on original (300) level weapons is 21.7%. On TDB weapons it is 10.3%.
Armor rating boost on Vault of Glass gear is 22.1%. Crota gear boosts 9.8%. But of course for those the more important thing is the Light rating so you aren't at a disadvantage against level 34/35 enemies. So your boost is really more than 10% or 20% when doing 34/35 activities.

But the stat boost I got from my Vault gear (Intellect in this case) was 13.3%. My stat boost on Crota gear was 6%. Still, it is better than what I was expecting.
Solid breakdown of the numbers behind it! I am still heehawing around with my Etheric Light. I am not sure why I am being so cheap with it I have plenty but I just am picky : P

Oh and to clear things up about Word of Crota. I do not think it is a BAD gun necessarily. My favorite weapon in any game is a pistol. I love that is usually is the quickest and can cause the most dps due to a normally higher fire rate and decent critical bonus. That definitely is the case here with Destiny and I have been using the handcannons since I stayed up until 4am to play Destiny on release (stupid digital crap). That being said however Fatebringer is arguably the best handcannon in the game but it was something I was using for a very large chunk of the game. With The Dark Below then I was super excited to get the new handcannon assuming it could only be better than my trusty ole' Fatebringer. What I got instead was something that left a lot to be desired. I am still moreso just sour because of that, though when push comes to shove it is a solid handcannon and it is void so it sees quite a bit of playtime on my part nonetheless. It is like going to your favorite restaurant and the meal you get is below their usual level of excellence. Sure you will eat it because it is still good but you can't help but wonder why if they could make something so good before, why would they make anything less?

io, I don't want to hear any complaining about using Judgement's chance because after pushing my Hunter and Titan to 34 I decided to use the Chance on my warlock since those strength rolls are so bad and I ended up with another pair of Gloves, and they  had a lower strength than the ones Variks sold last week......

I am a scout rifle user & love the Word. I guess since FB was 300, and Word was 331, I used it instead unless there was a need for arc. Now FB is definitely my choice.

I BEAT 35 SKOLAS and got my stinkin' shader & ship!!!! :D/  I didn't have a key last week when I beat the 35, as I didn't know I needed one to get those things. I got a Six Dreg Promise hand cannon with no burn from judgement's chance :(, BUT I got the exotic bounty. So happy last night. Got with guys that had been there 7 hours, then I went through 4 other people (you have to have a hunter for the first mine if far away, and we had titans the majority of the time, and that wasn't good enough). I was on it for 6 hours probably. The last guy came in was a hunter that had beaten it this week already, I was titan, and the guy that stuck it out with me was warlock. We all had P&T, but the hunter that came in that did it before had the arc Fallen sniper. He said this was first time that P&T worked, that he had seen. I started to upgrade my arc Longbow Synthesis with 5 rounds (one more than my LDR). I think that is the best bet for people struggling. 1 or 2 with P&T is good, but a higher impact one is a must in my experience. Have 2 more characters to do 35 with this week if anyone wants to do it.

Got an Exotic Bounty on my first 34 clear last night.

Re-rolled Efrideets to have Last Round, Performance Bonus, and Field Scout with Arc damage.  I had a lot of daily event packages on all 3 characters and moved the gun around to them and grabbed all those.  So it was quickly leveled up and then I used an Etheric Light on it to Ascend.  So 365 there  and of course I ascended my Fang of Ir Yut.

34 was a cake walk.  We did it the first time we ran it without wiping once.  The 2nd run with different characters I messed it up by stepping in front of my friend and we didn't DPS enough and had to wipe. :wall:

Still got one more 34 to do tonight then probably going to tackle 35, though I need to procure a key and open the damn chest to progress the bounty on my hunter since one of the next steps if you have to wait 1-3 days for Variks to "summon" you.

My group really works well since the three of us have been playing together for quite some time and all three of us have a different preferred main. So we have one of each character to use.  Been 100% painless so far, so I am very pleased with that.  Looking forward to tackling 35 though :D

My group really works well since the three of us have been playing together for quite some time and all three of us have a different preferred main. So we have one of each character to use. Been 100% painless so far, so I am very pleased with that. Looking forward to tackling 35 though :D
Same here. My core group is pretty damn solid for PvE and we have the same thing where our mains are all different. Linkin has been playing a bunch more with us and I really like it since he has his Warlock main so I can feel better about switching to my Hunter or Titan and still have a revive on the team (since my other buddies usually run Hunter or Titan). Oh yeah and I guess just playing with Linkin is nice in general ; P. Have a similar set-up for PvP with buddies where we have played so much together everything goes nice and smoothly.

I didn't play Destiny at all yesterday instead I loaded up The Witcher and got Geralt laid for the first time ; D

bread's done
Back