Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

I played enough last night to get my three free sterling treasures and I went 3 for 3 with the last three pieces of taken gear I needed. I made the mistake of burning some 335 gear into it since I will probably never wear it again. I got the free emote than logged off and went back to playing Uncharted 4.
I just need the cloak for my hunter and I'll have a complete taken set on her. I'm wearing it for now. In september I'll mix it up on that toon.

Can't blame you for going back to Uncharted 4, though. Game of the Year for me no doubt (so far, at least). I'm playing little things here and there (Inside, Ratchet and Clank, Lego Star Wars) with Destiny mixed in.

I'll just drop this here...

It's Bungie Day!

Officially announced Moments of Triumph 2

Two shaders and two emblems shown.

https://www.bungie.n...APPY-BUNGIE-DAY

They recommend logging into each toon after you pick up the record book.  This will help track the activity from all three toons

Website and app are both wonky right now, so here's a pic.

MOT_B-net.png

There's also another emblem available, if you purchase something from the Bungie store.

Guessing you could stack this offer with the free emblem you can get from buying the soundtrack(s).

I'll just drop this here...

It's Bungie Day!

There's also another emblem available, if you purchase something from the Bungie store.

Guessing you could stack this offer with the free emblem you can get from buying the soundtrack(s).
Correction there are Three available from bungie store

Cmx_JJ2VYAA4EpY.jpg

The free one applies to buying these. The codes for these two are inside the pin case when you get them though. Also Bungie said ALL PROFITS from the store for the rest of the year go to their foundation. :D

Triumphs triumphed, log book complete.  Shirt w/ gamertag ordered along with some of them nifty engrams.  I figure, this is like my Rise of Iron Collectors Edition in a way.  :D/   I almost ordered the tricorn pin, but I removed it from my cart at the last second in a pathetic attempt at some semblance of responsibility. 

Speaking of Destiny merchandise, why the heck do we not have Destiny Funko Pops yet?  There is no amount of money that could keep me from those. 

Triumphs triumphed, log book complete. Shirt w/ gamertag ordered along with some of them nifty engrams. I figure, this is like my Rise of Iron Collectors Edition in a way. :D/ I almost ordered the tricorn pin, but I removed it from my cart at the last second in a pathetic attempt at some semblance of responsibility.

Speaking of Destiny merchandise, why the heck do we not have Destiny Funko Pops yet? There is no amount of money that could keep me from those.
I bet a lot of people would order them if they had some way to customize them to match your guardian. I know people on Reddit were going nuts for the mega blocks customizer even though you couldn't order your creation.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wow, no kidding the web site is wonky.  I got on there and it told me I hadn't done the sword quest, the calcified fragment quest, and the crucible questline.  I was on my Warlock profile which is the one I did at least the fragments on for sure.  Whoa.  I jumped to the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem and nothing... So I was worried.  Then I went back in and they all showed up.   But it is still telling me to complete the moments of triumph to unlock the shirt order.  If I'm going to order that I might as well do it while the emblem offer is active.   How did you order your shirt?  Do I have to go into the game first?  Hell, I haven't played the game in like 10 days.  I forgot how I think.

Edit: Ah, OK.  It was a whole in-game book thing.  I also did my 3 Sterling Treasures for the week and was reminded why I hate this game: 3 Spektar boots in a row.  Yuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got the code and ordered a shirt.  Nearly $30 with shipping.  F U Bungie.  I never spend that much on fuck ing T-shirts.  And I'll probably never wear it either.  I might have gotten the engrams but those, along with anything else they had that was interesting, was sold out.

Whoo,
Got in with a group this morning and finished Oryx on hard for my last Moment of Triumph.
Got a load of stuff--Hand cannon, Scout, Rocket Launcher, Boots, ship & two emblems. Glad to have this done.

Well I got pulled back in last week by some people who are trying to get all the achievements before the split the last gen version off from the current gen version.  Only thing I really want to do before the next expansion is to get a full set of taken gear and finish up the last part of the Year 2 Moments of Triumph.

I am only missing the gauntlets on my Warlock for the taken set.  Of course the last 2 packages I opened have been spektar gauntlets.  I guess I'll just have to farm my 3 per week and hope for some luck.

The only thing I had left for the Y2 Moments was that long Crucible quest line for Shax.  I had pretty much ignored it until it they made it easier with one of the last updates.  Had worked on it here and there when I was still doing iron banner and dailies so I had actually knocked out a big chunk of the steps.  Cleaned up the rest and only have to grind the last part.  Will be glad to be finished up with that.

WTF in their right minds gave up that GT?!?!? Lol. Lucky you!
And I noticed his friend DOA Hed got just plain old "DOA". I'd switch mine (I think Io was taken when I checked a long time ago) but I like Odibee as it is pretty simple and I have it across Xbox, PS, Steam, Nintendo, and now even Pokémon Go!

But I think Vendetta said a bunch of old derelict gamertags had been freed up so there's probably lots of "plain" ones out there to claim right now.

But Vendetta - a lot of people just call you "V". You couldn't get that, eh?

Glock - are you saying you got all the Taken stuff for Hunter and Titan already? I had decent luck (or so I thought) getting it all for the Titan several weeks back. But since then I've gotten ONE single item (Warlock bond). I only pretty much do the 3 per week and nothing else at this point just so I can get the rest but I have a long way to go. Projecting the rate at which I've gotten them so far I don't think I'll get them all before the expansion comes out!

Playing Talos Principle on PS4 right now. I'm always up for Destiny if anyone wants to put something together - though that seems unlikely till the expansion ;).

I don't think I have any taken items on the other characters, I have just been opening up all 3 per week on my warlock to get a complete set. I stopped playing about a month after the april update came out.  Was just logging in and collecting my free sterling treasure and checking out xur each week.  I'm guessing you have to have the full set on a character to get the emote?  It would be nice if you could 'trick' the game into letting you unlock it like you could with the oryx shaders by just having the required armor pieces in your inventory.

Finished up my Year 2 stuff in time to order the t shirt and still get the 'exclusive' emblem.  So not much left to do for me.  I never watched the stream of the new content.  Probably should do that at some point to decide if they are pulling me back in or not.

And I noticed his friend DOA Hed got just plain old "DOA". I'd switch mine (I think Io was taken when I checked a long time ago) but I like Odibee as it is pretty simple and I have it across Xbox, PS, Steam, Nintendo, and now even Pokémon Go!

But I think Vendetta said a bunch of old derelict gamertags had been freed up so there's probably lots of "plain" ones out there to claim right now.

But Vendetta - a lot of people just call you "V". You couldn't get that, eh?

Glock - are you saying you got all the Taken stuff for Hunter and Titan already? I had decent luck (or so I thought) getting it all for the Titan several weeks back. But since then I've gotten ONE single item (Warlock bond). I only pretty much do the 3 per week and nothing else at this point just so I can get the rest but I have a long way to go. Projecting the rate at which I've gotten them so far I don't think I'll get them all before the expansion comes out!

Playing Talos Principle on PS4 right now. I'm always up for Destiny if anyone wants to put something together - though that seems unlikely till the expansion ;).
I got so many offers to buy my GT :roll:

But yeah lots of GT's freed up. I have friends that got ones like Flare and Rojo and Blart. Lots of plain clean names no stupid xxxsniper420xxx ;)

I have some friends I'd like to get you a Lighthouse carry with. I'll talk with them and get back to you :D

I have some friends I'd like to get you a Lighthouse carry with. I'll talk with them and get back to you :D
That would be great - maybe next weekend? I haven't even gotten on this week to get my Sterling treasures but probably will do that tonight.

And yeah, Glock, I thought once I got the emote for one guy it would be available for the others but apparently no, you need to collect the Taken stuff on all of them to get it on each character.

And yeah, Glock, I thought once I got the emote for one guy it would be available for the others but apparently no, you need to collect the Taken stuff on all of them to get it on each character.
It's been a while and I was never big on the emotes anyways, but genuine question -- can emotes be placed into the vault?

It's been a while and I was never big on the emotes anyways, but genuine question -- can emotes be placed into the vault?
Nope, you just delete them and then pick them up from the emote kiosk on the tower.
I know this doesn't help Glock cuz he still needs a full set, but if you have the Taken emote, you can transfer it via the vault to your other characters. Maybe it's a new update this year, but I just did that, transferred Taken emote from one to another. And the emote works even though my hunter doesn't even have any Taken armor pieces.

Would anybody know why out of the blue I got the exotic Stormcaller Bond at 170 when I logged on this morning? I also got a purple dance emote and a legendary shaded.

That would be great - maybe next weekend? I haven't even gotten on this week to get my Sterling treasures but probably will do that tonight.

Try to be on tonight :D

Would anybody know why out of the blue I got the exotic Stormcaller Bond at 170 when I logged on this morning? I also got a purple dance emote and a legendary shaded.

Cuz there was a glitch and everyone got the collectors edition stuff. Enjoy your free stuff!
So that was a glitch, eh? I just got on quickly this week before I went out of town to do the sterling treasures and snagged that stuff for all my characters. How odd - but I'll take it ;). Now I can finally Hammer dance!

Try to be on tonight :D
Damn - sorry, I was just way too busy last Sunday/Monday getting myself and the kids ready for this trip. I didn't even see your Xbox message (nor this post) until after Trials was over last weekend. I'll be back home for next weekend though.

Hey Destiny fans! I've visited this thread off and on for a few months but now that I'm almost competitive I'd figure I'd introduce myself. After being dormant for several months and coming back recently since a buddy of mine was able to play, I took a ~250 hunter to 333.99999999 and I now play fairly regularly.

Like:
2 person CoE runs
Getting pounded into the ground in the NF strike (although last week's might not have been too bad)

Dislike:
Getting the same 334 Legendary boots and 334 Bad Ju-Ju over and over
Death by sliding shotgun
The Imprecation quest

I plan to get caught up on the last few months' worth of posts, but until then I have a few questions:
  • I stopped playing as The Dark Below became available and started again after Destiny 2.0. I would like to play the story missions from TDB and HoW, but I don't seem to be able to initiate them. Is it possible to do this?
  • I'm stuck at the first fight (defending the Warsat against a bunch of mean Fallen) in the S.A.B.E.R. Heroic Strike for the associated quest. Does anyone have any hints on how to get past this first fight?
My GT is Anak Chuckatoa, so look me up!

Thanks, they must have just added that, I swear you couldn't pre order it last week, but maybe I am just insane.  

Have they mentioned if they were adding achievements for this?  No lists have showed up on any of the achievement sites yet.  Would be a pretty lame if they didn't but it wouldn't surprise me.

Welcome to the thread, not much activity here since everyone maxed out their light level after the April update came out.  Most people have moved on, but I'll be back for the expansion.  I'm sure others will be too.  Feel free to add me.

Hey Destiny fans! I've visited this thread off and on for a few months but now that I'm almost competitive I'd figure I'd introduce myself. After being dormant for several months and coming back recently since a buddy of mine was able to play, I took a ~250 hunter to 333.99999999 and I now play fairly regularly.

Like:
2 person CoE runs
Getting pounded into the ground in the NF strike (although last week's might not have been too bad)

Dislike:
Getting the same 334 Legendary boots and 334 Bad Ju-Ju over and over
Death by sliding shotgun
The Imprecation quest

I plan to get caught up on the last few months' worth of posts, but until then I have a few questions:

• I stopped playing as The Dark Below became available and started again after Destiny 2.0. I would like to play the story missions from TDB and HoW, but I don't seem to be able to initiate them. Is it possible to do this?
  • I'm stuck at the first fight (defending the Warsat against a bunch of mean Fallen) in the S.A.B.E.R. Heroic Strike for the associated quest. Does anyone have any hints on how to get past this first fight?
My GT is Anak Chuckatoa, so look me up!
There's a kiosk down by the vanguard (if standing in the doorway facing the table it is the back right). You can pick up old quests from there.

The first part of that strike I think is the toughest. Basically use cover as much as possible. And have a fire team. I don't know if could solo it.

There's a kiosk down by the vanguard (if standing in the doorway facing the table it is the back right). You can pick up old quests from there.

The first part of that strike I think is the toughest. Basically use cover as much as possible. And have a fire team. I don't know if could solo it.

I've visited that kiosk and all I saw were a bunch of base game story quests that I had already completed but somehow became abandoned. I re-completed them in the hopes that I could just smoothly transition into Exp1 and Exp2 story lines. The only other thing in there (I think) was the SRL quest that I had.

That strike automatically builds a fireteam, but I've taken a few of my guys in there and we get slaughtered about two minutes into it. Taking cover wouldn't work because there is a 3 or 4 minute timer on the activity, and if that expires we all go poof.

There should have been a quest called The Dark Below and The House of Wolves if I remember correctly. Especially if you didn't complete them. When they patched the kiosk in there they marked your completed quests as "abandoned" which is why the old story quests were in there.

I think the only cover you have is the warsat itself and some debris that falls. It takes a surprising amount of teamwork considering you could be paired up with randoms.

There should have been a quest called The Dark Below and The House of Wolves if I remember correctly. Especially if you didn't complete them. When they patched the kiosk in there they marked your completed quests as "abandoned" which is why the old story quests were in there.

I think the only cover you have is the warsat itself and some debris that falls. It takes a surprising amount of teamwork considering you could be paired up with randoms.

I guess the point I'm getting at is that those quests are nowhere to be found. Is it possible to approach Bungie support about this?

So that was a glitch, eh? I just got on quickly this week before I went out of town to do the sterling treasures and snagged that stuff for all my characters. How odd - but I'll take it ;). Now I can finally Hammer dance!

Damn - sorry, I was just way too busy last Sunday/Monday getting myself and the kids ready for this trip. I didn't even see your Xbox message (nor this post) until after Trials was over last weekend. I'll be back home for next weekend though.
Free this weekend? My friends will get you lighthouse :D

Hey V, think I may be able to get in on this? I'm a decent PvP player, but no way I could get to the lighthouse on my own/with the guys I run with (no offense to any of them, we own the raids, ha ha). If so, let me know if you guys run at night and what time. If not, no worries, since I'm totally mooching. :rofl:

F you Iron Banner.
My three Rank 5 packages were a helmet, class item & chest. Don't give me shit I can buy from the vendor.
Games were laggy as hell too.

Yep I got a helmet also from my rank 5 package. What sucks the most was all my weapon drops were only 334 every time. I did get a couple of decent rolls on the hand cannon but the shotguns were all poop.

Seems like when Rise of Iron hits you should be able to pick if you want a weapon or armor drop from packages which will be cool.

Dammit, sorry, I missed this yet again. It has just been crazy here this summer. I was out of town all week till late Friday night and then I was dealing with a broken AC unit and other household annoyances. But it's like every other week I'm out of town and when I'm in town I have family visiting or kids doing things (lots of Pokémon Go hunting driving around to different parks in the evenings).

Can they do it next weekend? I need to get back into the game a bit before that too. I feel like I'll play like crap if I just jump right back in having not done much multiplayer (or even single-player) the entire summer. Looks like I missed my second straight Iron banner for one thing. I'm trying to get on right now to get my weekly sterling treasure before reset and found out my Xbox needs a 4.1 GB update. WTF!?

Yep I got a helmet also from my rank 5 package. What sucks the most was all my weapon drops were only 334 every time. I did get a couple of decent rolls on the hand cannon but the shotguns were all poop.

Seems like when Rise of Iron hits you should be able to pick if you want a weapon or armor drop from packages which will be cool.
I didn't get a single shotgun drop. I did get a handful of other decent drops. I figured I should rock some Iron Banner armor on day 1 of Rise of Iron. I'm also wearing my chatterwhite for nostalgia's sake.

Has anyone else noticed that the 6th weekly bounty that Lord Shaxx gives sometimes comes already complete?  The last two weeks (the first time I've picked them up) the 6th bounty (which is complete the other 5 bounties) immediately had a 3/5 on the progress and today this bounty was at 5/5.  I don't mind, especially since he gave me a 335 Scout Rifle :D but I just thought it was odd.

EDIT - here is my IB loot:

Helmet - 3 or 4 x 335

Armor - 1 x 335, a BAJILLION x 334

Hand Cannon - a few each of 334 and 335, mostly Infuse fodder

Shotgun - same

Iron Shell - like 8 x 335, I'm so sick of seeing that :)

Exotic Engrams - maybe 7 or 8? various

My one Rank 5 reward was a 335 set of boots (!!!) and a whatever LL Iron Shell.  It was a good IB for me.

Has anyone else noticed that the 6th weekly bounty that Lord Shaxx gives sometimes comes already complete? The last two weeks (the first time I've picked them up) the 6th bounty (which is complete the other 5 bounties) immediately had a 3/5 on the progress and today this bounty was at 5/5. I don't mind, especially since he gave me a 335 Scout Rifle :D but I just thought it was odd.
Iron Banner weekly bounties count for Shaxx weeklies too.

I played one match of IB late last night to get my Sterling Treasure and got a 335 IB helmet ;).

Then I went in to the level 41 Challenge of Elders and got some crap teammates. They kept dying and basically I had to do the entire thing myself. We wiped a few times on mine dismantling because they never went to do them so I had to both dismantle and kill most of the enemies on my own. They were moving around, not AFK. But they were just useless. I didn't even bother to revive them after a while. I made more progress killing stuff on my own and letting them respawn. What should have taken 20 minutes took nearly an hour.

And for all that I didn't get any Taken stuff for the 2nd week in a row. I've gotten 3 x Sterling Treasure every week since they started them and I only have all the gear for one character. My Warlock is missing one item and my Hunter 3.

Iron Banner weekly bounties count for Shaxx weeklies too.
That still doesn't add up though because when I picked up Shaxx's bounties that was after the weekly reset the IB bounties shouldn't count, but even if they do somehow count there are only 3 of them and when I picked up Shaxx's 6th weekly bounty it showed up with a yellow border on the right side of my screen.

Again, not that I'm complaining. :whistle2:D

That still doesn't add up though because when I picked up Shaxx's bounties that was after the weekly reset the IB bounties shouldn't count, but even if they do somehow count there are only 3 of them and when I picked up Shaxx's 6th weekly bounty it showed up with a yellow border on the right side of my screen.

Again, not that I'm complaining. :whistle2:D
The final Shaxx bounty can glitch out to show partial completion/completed.

Remember a friend telling me about it and it is possible to replicate the glitch each week. Not sure on the steps, but you can probably bing for the answer ;)

Never bothered to really try since I'm usually gonna play anyway and get the bounties done. So I just take it as a bonus if some of it shows completed, lol. Gives me an extra Shaxx bounty to carry over into the next week.

Hey V, think I may be able to get in on this? I'm a decent PvP player, but no way I could get to the lighthouse on my own/with the guys I run with (no offense to any of them, we own the raids, ha ha). If so, let me know if you guys run at night and what time. If not, no worries, since I'm totally mooching. :rofl:

Dammit, sorry, I missed this yet again. It has just been crazy here this summer. I was out of town all week till late Friday night and then I was dealing with a broken AC unit and other household annoyances. But it's like every other week I'm out of town and when I'm in town I have family visiting or kids doing things (lots of Pokémon Go hunting driving around to different parks in the evenings).

Can they do it next weekend? I need to get back into the game a bit before that too. I feel like I'll play like crap if I just jump right back in having not done much multiplayer (or even single-player) the entire summer. Looks like I missed my second straight Iron banner for one thing. I'm trying to get on right now to get my weekly sterling treasure before reset and found out my Xbox needs a 4.1 GB update. WTF!?
I'll try to Chubby depends on if they got time. They love to run lighthouse virgins! So prob yes but they do play late....So let me know best times.

io, yeah lets plan this weekend.

Saturday or Sunday night - I'm taking my daughter back to college early Saturday AM so won't be up late Friday. Things should start to settle down here once everyone is back in school and going to bed earlier - which all starts next week. Though I may once again be going out of town for work (but I will be here till Monday at least).

Saturday or Sunday night - I'm taking my daughter back to college early Saturday AM so won't be up late Friday. Things should start to settle down here once everyone is back in school and going to bed earlier - which all starts next week. Though I may once again be going out of town for work (but I will be here till Monday at least).
College?! And here I was thinking you had all little rugrats.

I'll try to Chubby depends on if they got time. They love to run lighthouse virgins! So prob yes but they do play late....So let me know best times.

cool man, thanks. Even though I'm east coast time, I stay up late. So whatever works. I'm pretty flexible at night, evening is my tough time to get online up to like 9:30 or 10 PM. After that, I'm good.

cool man, thanks. Even though I'm east coast time, I stay up late. So whatever works. I'm pretty flexible at night, evening is my tough time to get online up to like 9:30 or 10 PM. After that, I'm good.
Okay you are both good. io, I'll get you in first, what time can you be on tonight? And chubby rough estimate? So I can text my friend :D

Only thing these two helping want is to listen and communicate which I'm sure won't be an issue. Have your cards and boons on. You'll be amazed at how good they are. :D

Okay you are both good. io, I'll get you in first, what time can you be on tonight? And chubby rough estimate? So I can text my friend :D

Only thing these two helping want is to listen and communicate which I'm sure won't be an issue. Have your cards and boons on. You'll be amazed at how good they are. :D
That's be great if we can sync up. I do appreciate it. How about 12:30 EST? Too early/too late? I'll get suited and booted prior to that. And, having sherpa'd my share of times in raids and what not, I can also appreciate how important communication is and when to follow orders. We good :D/

bread's done
Back