Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Made it to phase 2 of the final boss tonight on the raid. Pretty enjoyable overall. Should be in a good position to run it with my other characters as well this week if anyone is running.
I still have 2 characters I've never run through the Raid, so I'm up for a CAG group for sure. I will be here all weekend so any day other than tonight (as late as possible though) works for me.

We didn't quite get the SIVA pulse rifle quest done last night because one of the guys had very little time. We're just on the 3 Raid bosses step. Apparently you can just kill the Zamboni 3 times in a row if you have the checkpoint so that makes it quick. It would suck to have to do the whole Raid again on a character which already ran it. We should be done in 30-40 minutes tonight when everyone is back on and I'll have my 390 pulse. (I will be free after that to Raid - but it will be nearly 10pm Pacific. I also still need another Nightfall).

In the mean time though, I've gotten my Titan from 372 to 380 already this week. I finally got a great Nightfall drop (a 384 primary on a 380 character), and had some luck with getting the correct exotic engrams to level up. I had to infuse the new Warlock gauntlets which I was very tempted to keep (looks like speed reload for all weapons?). But I can get another from the kiosk I suppose. I also used 2 cache keys in the Raid we did earlier and got pretty high heavy and special drops.

And now that Xur is back, it does appear the heavy ammo synth trick is a great way to get faction packages. Xur sells 3-packs of synth for 1 strange coin. Each of those gives you, I think, 50 faction rep. That's a pretty cheap way to get some upgrades if you have 100's of strange coins like I do. (Correction it is 25 rep. You need 2500 for a rank up, so 100 synth for 33 coins ranks you up - not bad if you have 100's of coins).

I finally got my first piece of Raid armor but it is just 373 boots. I had thought you needed the SIVA fragments to upgrade the armor ala the old ascendant shards and energy. But it appears they are just for re-rolling the armor?

Last edited by a moderator:
So how hard will it be to get that raid exotic pulse rifle in a week or two once all the regulars have it already?

So how hard will it be to get that raid exotic pulse rifle in a week or two once all the regulars have it already?
I'm wondering the same thing. Judging by Reddit the people who do have it are in the minority. Destiny community is pretty friendly a lot of times so I'm hopeful there will be some willing to help out players like us.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So I am 367 now on all 3 characters.  been through the raid up until the final state 2 boss on 2 characters.  I have been holding my exotics and faction/vanguard rank ups.  What is the best way to rank up now?

Use exotic engrams to selectively rank up my lowest gear, then start using my faction packages?  

Any chance we can do a CAG raid night this week? I would be free Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night anytime. I could do Friday or Saturdsy night if we started earlier in the evening.

So yesterday was my first foray into Trials and I have to say it wasn't that bad.  I went in with a team that wasn't really Crucible oriented (*ahem*) and we still lost five straight but with a better fireteam I think even a Crucible casual like me might stand a chance in it.

Any chance we can do a CAG raid night this week? I would be free Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night anytime. I could do Friday or Saturdsy night if we started earlier in the evening.
I am itching to do a raid something fierce! The guy I know that usually coordinates such things is off getting married so I'm game!

GT: Anak Chuckatoa

So yesterday was my first foray into Trials and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I went in with a team that wasn't really Crucible oriented (*ahem*) and we still lost five straight but with a better fireteam I think even a Crucible casual like me might stand a chance in it.
I would love to try ToO it's the one thing I have never even touched in Destiny. I did hold my own during that Diubles event but I didn't play to the very last day of that.

I might be able to make one of those nights work. Otherwise I think I can do Saturday. I'm down tonight too if we want to learn some of the first mechanics. I'm at the bare minimum to get started.

I would love to try ToO it's the one thing I have never even touched in Destiny. I did hold my own during that Diubles event but I didn't play to the very last day of that.
Unless you actually need to win ToO to get the cool looking gear, I'm happy with losing and getting the Activity Reward drops. :)

Is it true that the only way to do the exotic raid pulse rifle quest and have it unlock is that you have to go into the raid with two of each class?

So I am 367 now on all 3 characters. been through the raid up until the final state 2 boss on 2 characters. I have been holding my exotics and faction/vanguard rank ups. What is the best way to rank up now?

Use exotic engrams to selectively rank up my lowest gear, then start using my faction packages?
I jumped from 373 to like 376 just from one Raid (by upgrading all 3 weapons types and my ghost). So that's definitely a good thing to do. Otherwise, mash motes or heavy synth into faction packages, and make sure you do all the Vanguard bounties. The plague patrol missions (where you get a hammer) give a lot of Vanguard rep too. It is mostly those faction packages and exotic engrams that will push you up higher. I've got all 3 of my characters to 382-384 and I've only done the Raid twice.

Skeleton keys are OK, but they don't drop very often. You are most likely to get Vanguard/Crucible/Tower faction packages. And don't forget Crota's Bane, Queen's Rep, House of Judgement, and the Gunsmith. I know for sure the first two give higher level items (with Crota's Bane having a good chance of giving you an artifact which are otherwise hard to get). I kind of forgot about the Gunsmith myself, so I'm working on that now.

If you need class items, hang out in Archon's Forge. They drop pretty frequently there and will drop above your light level. I've even gotten a 386 from it.

I'm up for it. Saturday is rough if you make it middle of family time (early evening Pacific time), but I can try. I still have two Raid completions to try to get in this week - I'd at least like to get through the first few parts for possible armor drops. I've only gotten one single armor piece and I've opened 3 SIVA caches in addition to all the normal drops. I've been getting mostly weapons from them (lots of duplicates).

Unless you actually need to win ToO to get the cool looking gear, I'm happy with losing and getting the Activity Reward drops. :)
I'm not sure how it works this year, but last year you could get gear from the gold tier bounty which you don't really need to win to get. But the regular armor drop was at 5 wins, and the weapon was at 7 wins in the past. So while you didn't need to go flawless, you had to do pretty well. Apparently they have made the Lighthouse exclusive "Pariah" gear from last year part of the normal reward drops now. I'm kind of disappointed my one Lighthouse piece (the Titan mark) won't be so special any more, but it would be nice to get some others (like the Hunter cloak). People who went flawless dozens of times to collect all the gear are justifiably upset about it though. Hell, I didn't even know there was Lighthouse-exclusive gear (other than the "adept" versions of weapons) until I did it myself that one time and got a piece.

Is it true that the only way to do the exotic raid pulse rifle quest and have it unlock is that you have to go into the raid with two of each class?
This is how I did it, but I'm not sure if you need two of each class, or just a minimum of one of each. It makes it easier to do as a group if you have 2 of each, though, since you can then split into two equal fireteams of 3 to do the subsequent parts. Though to be sure the hardest part is the initial Raid clearance while activating all the monitors. Once you have that done, you could do the rest with a different grouping. The rest of it is just busy work: Nightfall/Crucible/Archon's Forge/public events and entering codes. There is the one part where you need to beat 3 Raid bosses (again) but as I said before, just get the Zamboni checkpoint and beat that 3 times. That was actually one of the fastest parts when we did it that way.

One nice thing about the quest is that they do let people who have already completed it buy some of the intermediate items. So, for example, I could help someone else complete it at certain stages. So if anyone ever needs help there (from a Titan) let me know. I also wouldn't mind doing it again independently on my other characters since each one can get a 390 weapon that way.

It isn't worth starting, though, unless you are sure you can clear the Raid. It is kind of a pain to activate one of the monitors and if you don't then clear the final boss afterward it won't count (as far as I know).

So the first step for everyone here who hasn't done it is to clear the Raid. And it really helps to be 370+ on that final boss. You'll take less damage and do more and it is all about staying alive and getting DPS in the short times you can.

I could try if we're not intent on winning. [emoji6]

But yeah if you guys just want to try a casual Trials run I'm up for that. I want to complete a ticket for the record book, and wouldn't mind getting the bounties done for the potential item drops. Maybe even this time an artifact would be OK. Last season I always got useless artifact drops from the gold tier bounty when I wanted armor pieces. Seriously, like 5 of my 8 or so were artifacts. Then I gave up because going into Trials via LFG and getting creamed was not fun. But now my artifact is holding me back so I wouldn't mind getting one if they drop to your light level +3 or whatever.

If you and chnandler_bong are free Monday (ie, tomorrow) evening I could do a run then. Since Trials is a shorter time commitment than the Raid, I could probably do that early evening my time.

Don't forget that we have Iron Banner coming up this week too though. That is probably another good way to level up by the way, if they keep the drops as frequent as they have been in the last few Iron Banners. In fact I've been infusing some of my Crucible gear higher up than stuff I'd normally use in the Raid. You'll want to be as high as possible at least when each match ends (and switching gear in-match is a pain, so I try to avoid it). This is why you will see a lot of people using Outbreak Prime when it probably isn't the best Crucible gun (though I'm sure it is OK).

I'm wondering the same thing. Judging by Reddit the people who do have it are in the minority. Destiny community is pretty friendly a lot of times so I'm hopeful there will be some willing to help out players like us.

The thing is that if you get the first 4 monitors you get a guaranteed exotic engram before you even have to fight the final boss. For 3 of the monitors you just have to get one person to them to activate and the 4th is just the binary decoding part, which takes a bit of time but is not hard at all. So people will be running monitors every week just because of the exotic since it is one of the only ways to rise above 365 at this point.

On trials you have to win 20 rounds for the gold tier package so you can't just grind out games as quickly as before. I mean it is only 20 rounds so shouldn't be too bad, but you cant just tank it. If that gold tier is guaranteed to drop gear above you LL that is a pretty nice way to increase your level after 365 since you can do it each day on each character. 12 drops per week.

I am around 375 on all characters now. Pretty much out of exotics so its up to getting some rng luck on faction/vanguard now. I do have a ton of motes I should start cashing in to get a few more rank up packages. Helmets are my lowest armor pieces and I'm guessing those only drop from the final boss in the raid as before. I would like to get a clear in this week.

On trials you have to win 20 rounds for the gold tier package so you can't just grind out games as quickly as before. I mean it is only 20 rounds so shouldn't be too bad, but you cant just tank it. If that gold tier is guaranteed to drop gear above you LL that is a pretty nice way to increase your level after 365 since you can do it each day on each character. 12 drops per week.

I am around 375 on all characters now. Pretty much out of exotics so its up to getting some rng luck on faction/vanguard now. I do have a ton of motes I should start cashing in to get a few more rank up packages. Helmets are my lowest armor pieces and I'm guessing those only drop from the final boss in the raid as before. I would like to get a clear in this week.
Damn, that sucks about the Trials gold tier. It wasn't like that at all before. That will make it hard to do via silent "casual" LFG groups like I ran it before. We'd barely win any rounds that way. Though what is this every day thing? You can get the bounties again? Last time they were just once per week.

I just realized I didn't answer you about the order of exotics/faction packages. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just keep doing whatever you have and wearing/infusing that best stuff to get other stuff. I do know that I've been getting almost exclusively armor packages from the vendors when given a choice. I seem to get enough weapons from the Raid (as little as I've done it), Crucible rewards, and exotic engrams. And I have multiple armor pieces for each character slot I will want to get to 385+ eventually.

I'm swimming in helmets - what I need are chest pieces. From what I've heard the helmet can actually drop from the first boss. I think the final boss only drops primaries. I've beaten him twice and used a key at the final chest and that's all I've gotten, in any case. I'd really like to get more Raid gear but I still have only done one clear this week.

Not sure if we have enough but I'd totally be up for a partial clear at least tonight. I will try to be on around 10:30 EST though that is a bit early for me.

I will be on tonight at 10:30 AM EST for whatever.

I think I've watched enough YouTube videos to understand the mechanics of the first few fights, just tell me where to stand and what to shoot I should be good.

Damn, that sucks about the Trials gold tier. It wasn't like that at all before. That will make it hard to do via silent "casual" LFG groups like I ran it before. We'd barely win any rounds that way. Though what is this every day thing? You can get the bounties again? Last time they were just once per week.

I just realized I didn't answer you about the order of exotics/faction packages. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just keep doing whatever you have and wearing/infusing that best stuff to get other stuff. I do know that I've been getting almost exclusively armor packages from the vendors when given a choice. I seem to get enough weapons from the Raid (as little as I've done it), Crucible rewards, and exotic engrams. And I have multiple armor pieces for each character slot I will want to get to 385+ eventually.

I'm swimming in helmets - what I need are chest pieces. From what I've heard the helmet can actually drop from the first boss. I think the final boss only drops primaries. I've beaten him twice and used a key at the final chest and that's all I've gotten, in any case. I'd really like to get more Raid gear but I still have only done one clear this week.

Not sure if we have enough but I'd totally be up for a partial clear at least tonight. I will try to be on around 10:30 EST though that is a bit early for me.
That works for me. So looks like we have half a group then...

Edit: Should add I've managed to get myself to 367! Woohoo!

Well, dammit, now that I know about the Trials bounty I want to give it a shot.  I might be on here pretty soon if anyone wants to do that first.

The bounty being daily does explain why I saw so many people wearing nearly full sets of Trials gear in Control late last night.  I was wondering how people got so lucky with drops so quickly.

I'll do up to Aksis as long as we get the monitors so we all get the exotic.  Those 3 parts are very easy.  People were running them in the 350s first week.  Wish I would have at least tried them out, could be a few points higher at least.  

Artifact is screwing me right now along with helmets.  I ranked up Eric's Mom and of course I got a class item for my trouble, those drop everywhere.  Did some Archon's Forge then trying to clear those bounties and had a helmet drop.  Didn't realize they could drop from there, then realized it was only 365 and was pissed.  The randomness of those archon forge bounties is really annoying, offerings are difficult enough to come by enough but then you have to grind forever to get the types of enemies you need.

So does queens bounty rank ups give weapons and class items only? or can you get armor too?  Didn't think you could get armor, ghosts or artifacts from there.  

Gunsmith is weapon drops only?

I did get the Thorn bounty so that was cool.  The guidebook only has 4 listed in it so is the 390 pulse the other (along with Khvostov and G-horn?)

Excited about Iron Banner with Supremacy this week.  Seems like a fun mode to play.

As for the Trials bounty being repeatable, I'm pretty sure they did that a while ago to keep people playing.  Might have been the April update.  I never play that mode so not 100% sure.

I'll do up to Aksis as long as we get the monitors so we all get the exotic. Those 3 parts are very easy. People were running them in the 350s first week. Wish I would have at least tried them out, could be a few points higher at least.

Artifact is screwing me right now along with helmets. I ranked up Eric's Mom and of course I got a class item for my trouble, those drop everywhere. Did some Archon's Forge then trying to clear those bounties and had a helmet drop. Didn't realize they could drop from there, then realized it was only 365 and was pissed. The randomness of those archon forge bounties is really annoying, offerings are difficult enough to come by enough but then you have to grind forever to get the types of enemies you need.

So does queens bounty rank ups give weapons and class items only? or can you get armor too? Didn't think you could get armor, ghosts or artifacts from there.

Gunsmith is weapon drops only?

I did get the Thorn bounty so that was cool. The guidebook only has 4 listed in it so is the 390 pulse the other (along with Khvostov and G-horn?)

Excited about Iron Banner with Supremacy this week. Seems like a fun mode to play.

As for the Trials bounty being repeatable, I'm pretty sure they did that a while ago to keep people playing. Might have been the April update. I never play that mode so not 100% sure.
There was some question as to whether you could get the Outbreak Prime bounty if you quit and restart. Has that been answered? I'm all for it myself even though I already have it. It wouldn't hurt to get another 390 weapon.

I've only gotten artifacts from Eris Morn. I got a 385 last night. I also got a 385 blue artifact from a skeleton key chest. So that's another place. Don't be too hasty to delete those blues - I almost did it myself.

I've been on a lucky streak of getting ghosts from the Vendor packages. I've gotten 2 from New Monarchy and 1 from Vanguard in the last couple of days. I now have a 386 ghost.

I've ranked up twice in the Queen's rep and gotten two armor pieces for it, so yeah it definitely has armor drops.

Gunsmith is only weapons I assume.

As for the Trials bounties, wow, I don't know. When I did the flawless run a few weeks back I don't think I could get them more than once. But then again maybe I didn't check after the first one. I'm pretty sure the bounty was kill-based then, and not round-based though. That definitely makes it harder to get with a casual group. Though who knows, maybe with it being new again, more casuals are playing and some of those early matches are easier. When I did it before the DLC dropped nearly every match was with hardcore sweaties.

And I'm going to get on now if anyone wants to run anything.

So we actually have enough for a run? Nice. Just send an invite when were ready.

Not sure if we have enough or not but I have one other guy who wants to do it if we need him. I'm here now just doing family stuff - game is on and I'm waiting for you guys. As of 7:36 Pacific only see Drunkz on.

Not sure if we have enough or not but I have one other guy who wants to do it if we need him. I'm here now just doing family stuff - game is on and I'm waiting for you guys. As of 7:36 Pacific only see Drunkz on.
I'm on. I saw a sign in a minute ago.

Well, we had a decent CAG run there until people had to go.  We got to the Zamboni and then had to LFG for another guy.  He was pretty good and we got through that and into the server area with the more complicated monitor code.  We started having chat problems though and some people couldn't hear.  We lost two more then (gotdott and the LFG guy).  We got two to come in and they were all talk and somehow (I have no idea how after I saw the way they played) already had the pulse rifle.

I don't think I need to tell you guys that they ended up being jackasses.  Well you saw it a bit during the code part.  After that everyone left but me and the 2 new guys.  They got some more from LFG and we proceeded to the boss room.  They talked themselves up (and in the process putting down you guys who left with just the emblem) and I knew this wasn't going to be fun.  But it actually ended up being somewhat amusing because the one guy who talked the most and said he carried his buddy through the Raid kept dying on the first phase of the boss fight - which is pretty easy really. After 6 or 7 wipes one of the newer guys told him to switch sides.  The 2 talkers (that joined us for the code section) were on one side together and they kept screwing up.  The loudmouth took offense at that and started throwing around the word "faggot" a lot at the guy who wanted to switch.  Eventually the newer guy left and the group broke up. 

I left the checkpoint with 2 of the nicer people we picked up and got out of there.  So basically, you guys (Drunkz, ajh, and chnandler_bong) didn't miss a thing other than seeing that guy who was so full of himself utterly fail over and over (and an hour and a half of futility).  I would have liked to have cleared at least the first boss phase since it could have been a ghost or maybe class item drop, but whatever.  I knew LFG wasn't going to be fun.  We did OK as a CAG group though - I'm definitely up for running it again some time this week.

After that I went and did the Archon's bounties on my Warlock.  There was a big group at the Forge after reset so I got them done pretty quickly.  There are 2 new artifacts and one repeat.  Unfortunately the one repeat is not the sprinting one (I think it is the melee one) which I failed to get the first week (didn't start my Hunter right away).  So I'll have to wait another week to get them all.   There is one that keeps your radar active when zoomed with any primary.  I may have to start using that in Crucible but now of course I need to find infusion material for it.

Also, no Iron Banner yet - of course, those Bungie bastards. I probably won't be on till 9pm Pacific tomorrow to do that or Raid or Nightfall or whatever.

I did end up with 2 armor pieces (Waffle-time!) for my Warlock so that was worth the run (I also got 2 exotic engrams, a 385 Mida, and yet another Raid shotgun and rocket launcher).   And it is hell of fun to play Stormcaller at the final boss (well the first phase anyway though it would be the same in the second).  It also helps that I was 386 whereas the last time I was in that part I was in the low 370's on my Titan.  You can wreck a whole group of adds plus the scorch Captain each run.

It was real fun playing with you guys last night. Sorry for falling behind during the two jumping parts I was deleting all those greens. When I left I was tired and I could tell that one leg.com guy was going to be an issue.

I ended up with the gauntlets at the same current LL as the ones I was using at that time. I also got two 368 shotguns and a 368 RL that were all just one above my LL. My best drop was a 380 Stag that was like six LL above my current helmet from the first chest.

If we can set something up I will be on for sure tonight around 10:45 pm est tonight.

It was a ton of fun. I forgot how great it is to run with fellow CAGs vs LFG. Everybody is patient and encouraging. It was nice to get a taste for it and sorry I had to run. I stayed up later than I should have and knew I would be hating myself in the morning. Maybe I could have stayed up since I just kept dreaming about Destiny all night anyway.

I might be able to get on tonight, otherwise the wife is gone Saturday so I should be available most of the day then if we want to get together.

It was a ton of fun. I forgot how great it is to run with fellow CAGs vs LFG. Everybody is patient and encouraging. It was nice to get a taste for it and sorry I had to run. I stayed up later than I should have and knew I would be hating myself in the morning. Maybe I could have stayed up since I just kept dreaming about Destiny all night anyway.

I might be able to get on tonight, otherwise the wife is gone Saturday so I should be available most of the day then if we want to get together.

We knocked out zamboni like 3rd or 4th try so should have just stayed the extra 20 min ;)

Everyone caught onto the mechanics fairly quickly, we definitely would have knocked out phase 1 of Aksis in a couple of tries as well (since there is no DPS involved)

I was bummed I wasn't able to join you guys last night with the Raid! I am working on a really important art test to get what would be a life changing internship and I have daily goals of what I want done and when io asked me I hadn't hit my daily goal yet : (

That said I did still hop on later that night and leveled up a little. Sitting at 359 now which for buying the dlc a week late and not having as much time as I would want to play I am okay with hah.

Me and two other buddies went to do the Nightfall last night and were having a tough time at the very beginning defending the Warsat. We looked up a new cheese method to get under the world like the one before that got patched but this was for more intensive. You had to go through the ground at the Forgotten Shore and make your way over using a multitude of Sword jumps and landing on super small invisible platforms all the while basically playing Hot Lava with the floor because if you fell you died and since it was a Darkness zone had to redo it all since you can't be revived under the geometry by teammates above. As the Hunter in the group with my Bones of Eao I was dubbed the jumper and we finally called it quits when I couldn't land it all. We were still in chat though as we disbanded and I was still determined haha I finally got the glitch just right and pulled everyone back in and after that the rest of the Strike was pretty easy! : P

When one of the LFG guys kept saying, "Sorry if I sound like a douche..." I kinda figured he was a douche.  It was almost comical in the Server Farm trying to get everyone in line to jump to the right pods.  I think we were all zombies at that point and had the reflexes of such. :D

Here is my haul from last night's adventure:

Raid Shotgun at 374 (Arc)
Raid Shotgun at 374 (Void)
Raid Rocket Launcher at 373
Truth at 375
Nemesis Star at 375 (Exotic Engram)
Raid Hunter Gauntlets at 373 (1 lower than what I already had on)
Countless greens, some blues and a few purples.
A few levels in the book!  Score!  Some more electric running and I should hit rank 12 in no time.

My schedule over the next week or so (maybe longer) might be hectic as I have an elderly relative undergoing surgery and may need to duck out at any moment, but I would love to do that again (and maybe get the Solar shotgun too :roll: :) ).

Question about the contents of a Strike Hoard.  Does it always come with a Blue Artifact at/above your LL or does the type of gear vary?  My Artifact is in need of a facelift...

EDIT - Another question, about ToO (since I raided last night instead of doing this :) ) - I'm going to keep only the Silver/Gold Tier bounties for next time.  Are these two bounties the same every time?

So the raid weapons can drop with different element damage but will always have the same perks?

So I tried to use lfg.com to find a CoE team this morning with absolutely no luck. Nine times out of ten I was the only player looking for a group. CoE is still a decent way to higher my LL being at 367. It will probably take three full runs this week because it's melee kills and the middle boss is the Cabal guy with the three Flares shielding him.

I also ran the NF and would have took anything other than the SC it gave me.

So I tried to use lfg.com to find a CoE team this morning with absolutely no luck. Nine times out of ten I was the only player looking for a group. CoE is still a decent way to higher my LL being at 367. It will probably take three full runs this week because it's melee kills and the middle boss is the Cabal guy with the three Flares shielding him.

I also ran the NF and would have took anything other than the SC it gave me.
Is the NF Strike match-making now? The webpage describing it has the "Matchmade" descriptor on it --> https://www.bungie.net/en/Activities/Detail/1/4611686018429802040/2305843009221164247?activity=nightfall

So the raid weapons can drop with different element damage but will always have the same perks?
Yeah. Same with the rocket launcher too. And as you guys have already found out, the Raid loves giving out the shotgun. I know there is a fusion rifle as well but I have yet to get it. The shotgun is really nice though. Get a kill and see how fast you move. I'm guessing there is not a machine gun though? I've never heard anyone mention it.

Even though it doesn't have proximity or tracking, the rocket launcher is built for the final boss in the Raid. It has two speed reload perks. At the final boss, DPS in a short time frame is key, so having the speed reload is pretty good. And the boss is big and doesn't move so you can hit him easily enough with a non-tracking, non-proximity rocket.

Broly, at 360 you can definitely give at least the first few parts of the Raid a shot. You'll be a little squishy at the final boss, but we could easily get through all the rest of it, and probably the first boss phase as well.

Question about the contents of a Strike Hoard. Does it always come with a Blue Artifact at/above your LL or does the type of gear vary? My Artifact is in need of a facelift...
As far as I can tell, the artifact drops from the strike chests are super-rare. I've opened probably 7 or 8 chests, and I've gotten one artifact. It was a 385 blue, so that was nice. But mostly I get the regular rewards (and they are set for each strike so look them up online - for example Omnigul has the Grasp of Malok pulse rifle and the Omnigul bond). I've been trying to open the ones that have helmets or gauntlets when I get keys.

The best rate of return for me on high-level artifacts has been Eris Morn. I've ranked up 3 times and gotten an artifact each time. I know that you can also get class items, though, so don't hate me if that happens ;). The key to ranking up is to play Court of Oryx until you get the random black/purple bounty that pops up. I think each step of that (and there are 4 total) gives you 250 rep, which is worth 10 runs of the lowest-level rune.

As far as I can tell, the artifact drops from the strike chests are super-rare. I've opened probably 7 or 8 chests, and I've gotten one artifact. It was a 385 blue, so that was nice. But mostly I get the regular rewards (and they are set for each strike so look them up online - for example Omnigul has the Grasp of Malok pulse rifle and the Omnigul bond). I've been trying to open the ones that have helmets or gauntlets when I get keys.

The best rate of return for me on high-level artifacts has been Eris Morn. I've ranked up 3 times and gotten an artifact each time. I know that you can also get class items, though, so don't hate me if that happens ;). The key to ranking up is to play Court of Oryx until you get the random black/purple bounty that pops up. I think each step of that (and there are 4 total) gives you 250 rep, which is worth 10 runs of the lowest-level rune.
I'm pretty sure that bounty is unofficially a weekly bounty tied to the court.

bread's done
Back