Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

I managed to get into GS tonight.  They said the Cayde figures were long gone - like on the first day of preorders.  So much for "piles" of them ;).

In fact, I was barely able to get the preorder at all.  Apparently they weren't taking preorders for the PS4 version any more (clerk had just turned down someone right before me) but were for the Xbox One.  He figures they'll close those tonight or tomorrow.  This is for the $100 GS exclusive edition of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get into GS tonight. They said the Cayde figures were long gone - like on the first day of preorders. So much for "piles" of them ;).

In fact, I was barely able to get the preorder at all. Apparently they weren't taking preorders for the PS4 version any more (clerk had just turned down someone right before me) but were for the Xbox One. He figures they'll close those tonight or tomorrow. This is for the $100 GS exclusive edition of course.
Wow. Surprising, but cool I guess for collectors. You could always try online, you might get the Cayde fig that way.

Wow the quality of raid group via LFG really dries up fast after Tuesday or Wednesday. Two weeks in a row I couldn't get the raid challenges done looking for people on Thursday night Friday morning.

PSA - If anyone wants those Engram stress balls, they are preorder-able at GameStop in-store.  I don't see them on the website, but if you are interested they are item # 146508.

The beta is really good!  To me, its the perfect blend of 'feeling like Destiny' and a nice new coat of paint and enough new things to make it fresh.  I'm really happy with it and look forward to September.

Now, I still need to decide if I play D2 on Xbox One or PS4.  Anyone else switching? 

The beta is really good! To me, its the perfect blend of 'feeling like Destiny' and a nice new coat of paint and enough new things to make it fresh. I'm really happy with it and look forward to September.

Now, I still need to decide if I play D2 on Xbox One or PS4. Anyone else switching?
I'll continue to play on :xb1:. Why switch to :ps4:? Do you have a group of friends on :pS4: or want day one access to the exclusives?

The beta is really good! To me, its the perfect blend of 'feeling like Destiny' and a nice new coat of paint and enough new things to make it fresh. I'm really happy with it and look forward to September.

Now, I still need to decide if I play D2 on Xbox One or PS4. Anyone else switching?
You're staying on Xbox. I need somebody's gamertag for my wife to laugh at every time they come on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You're staying on Xbox. I need somebody's gamertag for my wife to laugh at every time they come on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The last IB for Destiny starts tomorrow. Is anyone participating?
I have it preordered on X1. I played the beta briefly. I really don't like 4 player crucible. Yuck.

I haven't played actual Destiny in months. Once no items carried over I didn't see the point any more.

But yeah, I'll be back for 2...

I have it preordered on X1. I played the beta briefly. I really don't like 4 player crucible. Yuck.

I haven't played actual Destiny in months. Once no items carried over I didn't see the point any more.

But yeah, I'll be back for 2...
Those were my same thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'll be back too.  I'm really starting to get myself mentally prepared for it to be different though, like io said, with 4 player PvP and so on.  The beta was fun, though. 

The one thing I look forward too is the rapid level gain/loot drops you get in the beginning of a game like this.   There's always something new and shiny to go after and that part will be exciting.  There was always a small amount of that with each expansion but with starting from scratch it should last much longer.  I hope they learned from the last expansion and introduce even more ways to earn loot (stuff like Court of Oryx, that arena thing I forgot the name of, etc).

Ah, yes, Prison of Elders.  How can you forget everyone's pal Skolas?

I agree, the early discovery is a lot of fun. 

Not sure if you guys follow a journalist named Paul Tassi, from Forbes, but he has good Destiny insight.  He had a good article this week questioning Bungie's decision to go 4v4 in PvP, but keep PvE activities multiples of 3.  Its a good read and, like Paul, I hope Bungie has something up their sleeves so you don't have to ditch a friend to run a different activity going from Crucible to a Strike or something.

Ah, yes, Prison of Elders. How can you forget everyone's pal Skolas?

I agree, the early discovery is a lot of fun.

Not sure if you guys follow a journalist named Paul Tassi, from Forbes, but he has good Destiny insight. He had a good article this week questioning Bungie's decision to go 4v4 in PvP, but keep PvE activities multiples of 3. Its a good read and, like Paul, I hope Bungie has something up their sleeves so you don't have to ditch a friend to run a different activity going from Crucible to a Strike or something.
Are we to expect that all PvP will now be 4v4?

Are we to expect that all PvP will now be 4v4?
Everything I have heard has pointed to that along with no Rumble mode at all, at least at launch. Even ToO will be 4v4 when it's finally added down the road.

There is also a rumor going around that it will launch without a basic Clash mode also.

Ah, yes, Prison of Elders. How can you forget everyone's pal Skolas?
I wasn't even thinking of Prison of Elders, actually, though that's another example. I was thinking of the place where you use keys (or whatever) to start up challenges. The one that's otherwise in a public area (not the Court of Oryx but the other one). Wow, my memory is so bad I can't even remember what that was called...

I wasn't even thinking of Prison of Elders, actually, though that's another example. I was thinking of the place where you use keys (or whatever) to start up challenges. The one that's otherwise in a public area (not the Court of Oryx but the other one). Wow, my memory is so bad I can't even remember what that was called...
Archons Forge

^^  io, you're ok.  I completely forgot about Archon's Forge too!  Thanks for the reminder AJ.

I jumped on for a last go 'round with IB and had a really good time.  The first couple rounds I did....not so well.  But after I knocked off the dust I was killing it.  It reminded me just how damn fun Destiny can be. 

^^ io, you're ok. I completely forgot about Archon's Forge too! Thanks for the reminder AJ.

I jumped on for a last go 'round with IB and had a really good time. The first couple rounds I did....not so well. But after I knocked off the dust I was killing it. It reminded me just how damn fun Destiny can be.
I can't forget archons forge. I tried forever to get that armor set and am still short one piece. Stupid forge...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've actually gotten back into D1 lately. I must have missed where they made all rank up rewards go up to 400 LL because I probably would have gone back in sooner. I'm not going to go for any of the raid loot at this point, but I'd like to see what all the weekly treasures have in store for me.

The D2 hype has drawn me back in.  I hadn't really played much since winter and the gaudy new armor from the old raids didn't excite me at all.  But I was fooling around with strikes the other day and got the Snowglare helmet for my Titan and I got all excited. 

3 years later and this game can still get me worked up for a stupid loot drop.  I don't think I'll play all that much more prior to D2, but this has been a good refresher as to why I love this franchise so much.

Plus!  The Destiny Funko Pops are shipping to Gamestop!  Merch whores unite!!!

On that note, the McFarlane figures are incredible.  I picked up the Vault of Glass Titan and it is by far the most detailed action figure I've ever seen.  Great for display.

I did see the Xur and Lord Shaxx Funko Pops at GS and was tempted to pick them up but passed. Will definitely try to pick them all up if they ever drop to $5 each like a lot of Pops don't GS.

Anyone else not able to see your Destiny profile on Bungie.net?
20c1505cbbbba4096df634846ad9d316.jpg

I can't seem to (figure out how to) navigate to my Destiny profile by starting at www.bungie.net.  Can you share the URL you used there?

I can't seem to (figure out how to) navigate to my Destiny profile by starting at www.bungie.net. Can you share the URL you used there?
This link worked a day or 2 ago.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Grimoire

But I was already signed into my account.

Based on the @bungiehelp twitter account this may be related to server maintenance / updates in prep for D2 that they started yesterday. Seems to be affecting app too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCJ9V7eVM4

I stopped watching about 2/3 of the way through.  I don't want to spoil the game too much. :)

Y

So I figured it out. All Destiny 1 data got wiped from the companion website and companion app on 8/23/2017. Accomplishments not completed by 8/1/2017 do not get ported to Destiny 2.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/45967#AccountMigration
Yeah, you have to update the official bungie Destiny app to use for D2. Fan apps can still access D1 content, though.

Hey, if anybody around here is ready to go with Destiny 2 on Xbox One, feel free to add me. I tend to play most nights around 10:00 or 10:30 EST. My clan is Dads of Destiny and they are great folks (some aren't dads and some aren't even dudes...it's all good) but I have always enjoyed running with the CAG crew. :D/

Hmmm... What to do. I have that $100 version preordered at Gamestop.  I'm not even sure what I get with that other than a season pass type of thing.  But I just don't know if I'll stick with it like last time, so the pass might be overkill.  That will pretty much use up all the rest of my Gamestop credit and then some as well.  And I just don't get out and flip like I used to for more credit.  I haven't traded a game in months, so that well is drying up.

Now I see I can get a $10 RZ cert from Best Buy on top of the $48 pricing.  I'm tempted to cancel the GS one and just go with the vanilla game and see how it goes.

I never really paid attention to the LE, but from the GS web site this is what it has:

1) Base game

2) Coldheart rifle code (seems to be in all preorders)

3) Ghost code on receipt (all GS preorders, not just LE)

4) Cayde figure (I'm confused here - I thought this was the thing they ran out of and I didn't get when I preordered but now it says you get it when you pick up the game)

5) Expansion pass (for 2 expansions)

6) LE codes: sword, emote, emblem

7) Case, booklet, Cabal stuff

Basically, I can do without the knick-knacks (both physical and in-game) so that leaves me with the expansion pass.  How much were the expansions last time?  $30 or $40?  If they are $30, it seems like I'd be better off with the $38 Best Buy version and just paying for those if I want to get them.  But if they are $40 it is probably better just to get the LE.

GS also offers a digital base game + expansion pass for $90.  So I don't know what that means for the expansion prices, but that is a decent deal at $30 for both expansions.  In that case, though, I'm fine with $10 more for all the other stuff.

Oh and the expansion pass by itself from GS is $35, which seems low unless it is a really good deal - which seems like not something Gamestop would do.  I'm getting the impression from that pricing that the expansions will be smaller and cheaper than they were for Destiny 1. I guess I could buy the Best Buy version and get the expansion pass from GS for $35 for a total of $73 (my $10 cert would be rolled into NBA 2K18 for my son, so I'd count the $10 off for Destiny on that).  So then I need to decide if the extras are worth $25.  I would think not, really.  But, meh, maybe I'm overthinking all of this and will just stick with the LE ;).

I'm a sucker for Destiny CE's and I do like having the physical disc and what-nots on my gaming shelf.  So, I'm very happy with the $100 GS exclusive edition. 

But, if you're not sure and all that, might be best to play it safe and get the game at BB with GCU.  It's half the cost, know what I mean? But, make sure you preorder because that kill tracking ghost looks cool. 

But, if you're not sure and all that, might be best to play it safe and get the game at BB with GCU. It's half the cost, know what I mean? But, make sure you preorder because that kill tracking ghost looks cool.
I don't see anything about the ghost on the Best Buy preorder page, just the Coldheart weapon. I think the ghost might be a GS exclusive.

A blurb from microsoft.com:

Microsoft.com said:
Coldheart, Kill-Tracker Ghost, and Salute Emote can also be attained through gameplay starting on 12.05.17.

bread's done
Back