Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Just was doing patrol on the Dreadnaught and ran into some people doing Court of Oryx.  Jeez, that is a fun mode.  I never watched the livestream so I wasn't up to speed on it, but I got some nice engrams including a 290 machine gun so I'm up to 285 now. I'd love to be able to get 3 fireteams together and just grind that.  Too bad it doesn't let you do that.

Just was doing patrol on the Dreadnaught and ran into some people doing Court of Oryx. Jeez, that is a fun mode. I never watched the livestream so I wasn't up to speed on it, but I got some nice engrams including a 290 machine gun so I'm up to 285 now. I'd love to be able to get 3 fireteams together and just grind that. Too bad it doesn't let you do that.
They could just be awesome and let us do Patrol maps with 6 people fireteams. That would give groups SOMETHING else to do other than the Raid and PvP. I know when my groups would finish Raids we would split up because not everyone would want to go do PvP which is the logical spot for 6 people but being able to bum around in Patrol and now especially with the Court of Oryx that would be perfect!

Just was doing patrol on the Dreadnaught and ran into some people doing Court of Oryx. Jeez, that is a fun mode. I never watched the livestream so I wasn't up to speed on it, but I got some nice engrams including a 290 machine gun so I'm up to 285 now. I'd love to be able to get 3 fireteams together and just grind that. Too bad it doesn't let you do that.
They could just be awesome and let us do Patrol maps with 6 people fireteams. That would give groups SOMETHING else to do other than the Raid and PvP. I know when my groups would finish Raids we would split up because not everyone would want to go do PvP which is the logical spot for 6 people but being able to bum around in Patrol and now especially with the Court of Oryx that would be perfect!
Yeah, definitely. They should at least allow it on the Dreadnaught. I was only able to beat the Antiquated Rune summons because there were SEVEN people in there doing Court of Oryx. We were in a 3 person fireteam and I'm not sure about the others. But even then we wiped the first time but were able to do it the second time (the guy kept his rune even though we failed by the way).

But I'm not sure I've ever seen 7 people in the same area on patrol. That has got to be close to the max. I read that the game has to keep two slots open for every solo gamer in case they have 2 people join them. So to get 6-7 I figure you need people grouped up in fireteams. So you definitely have more of a chance to get more people there if you go in with 3.

And dammit - I was going to get some work done tonight but I feel Destiny drawing me in. Imma hop on now... I may just LFG a Raid since it seems like no one wants to run it yet. I heard there is a chest near the beginning that has a chance to drop a pretty good ghost shell, so even if that's all I get to that's fine. I'd like to try it at least once before the reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, yeah, me too! Totally random, but a LOT of fun. We'll need to connect to run some of this stuff. I've been playing solo for the last week for some dumb reason and I need to get with a regular crew to knock out some of the higher difficulty stuff.

Now that I understand the "Purple isn't always > than Blue, isn't always > Green" thing, I got from 230 to 250 tonight. It's funny how you go from knowing this game inside and out to being pretty clueless. But its new things to do and I'm having a lot of fun.

We were doing Court tonight and like everyone else is saying, I don't know why they would create a game type that is made for 3 fireteams of 3 and there is no way to get 3 teams into the game.  Makes no sense.

Ha, yeah, me too! Totally random, but a LOT of fun. We'll need to connect to run some of this stuff. I've been playing solo for the last week for some dumb reason and I need to get with a regular crew to knock out some of the higher difficulty stuff.

Now that I understand the "Purple isn't always > than Blue, isn't always > Green" thing, I got from 230 to 250 tonight. It's funny how you go from knowing this game inside and out to being pretty clueless. But its new things to do and I'm having a lot of fun.
I'm sure there's someone who's usually on around the same times who you haven't spoken to in a while ;)

I really want to run my Titan through it but I don't think I'll be ready for that tonight (as I still have to do the 5 Heroic strikes to get the NF quest). If you and someone else (Simo maybe?) want to plan to run it Monday evening I can try to get ready for it tonight with the Heroics and gear swapping from my Warlock. You guys pick a time when you can do it and I'll be on then - has to be after 7pm Pacific though.
Alas, I'm out of town until Friday night. But this past weekend, i was able to boost my Warlock to 284, so if anyone wants to get a raid going Saturday night or hit the Court, I'll be ready. :twoguns:

Yeah, but my point is that at 290 the returns are greatly diminished. I did 6 Heroic strikes last night and got absolutely nothing - all 260-270 light gear. So in that sense it is just like the 29 of old. Actually, you only needed to be 26-27 to do the Vault of Glass while you need to be 290+ for the new Raid. So in some sense it is harder now.

Though for sure the path to "relatively high" levels (280-ish vs. the old 28, to qualify for the Nightfall for example) is faster than it was in the original game. I didn't do a Nightfall for well over a month in the original release. But the end-game grind will be similar I think. I don't really have a problem with it. I mean, if we all hit 300+ in the first week there wouldn't be much left to do. It's just that a lot of people will be stuck for a while just under 300 as they were just under 30... I actually kind of like that there are so many more gear slots to try to max out and different ways of getting that 300 for each one (specific quests, random drops, Raid) vs. it all being just via the Raid as it was for VoG.
I think the highest blue you can get is 300 so that makes sense why things start to diminish if the loot you are getting is between -30/+10, and since your purples are based off your current light it's a double wall. A good chunk of my friends list is already at 300 light though so even though we feel overwhelmed right now I feel like we'll be there faster than we were with launch/VoG

Finished up the Court of Oryx quest last night with the help of io and some others to get the 300 Artifact which pushed me just short of 290.  So I ran the daily Crucible and pulled a 297 Ash Factory which got me up to 291 overall LL.   Not sure I can get much higher with engrams now so will probably start working on my other characters.

I got an invite from some people who were doing the raid and jumped into their game to see what was going on.  They were stuck at one of the boss fights.  I won't go into details just in case anyone still wants to be surprised, but like others have said this part was very puzzle based and if everyone didn't follow the directions it led to a pretty quick wipe for the entire team.

If there is interest in trying to do some of the raid tonight I'd be interested as well.  I'm guessing we probably wouldn't finish it, but getting a feel for how things work plus a loot drop or two wouldn't be bad.  I'm flying out on the redeye tomorrow so I might just stay up until the reset and sleep on the plane. 

I think the highest blue you can get is 300 so that makes sense why things start to diminish if the loot you are getting is between -30/+10, and since your purples are based off your current light it's a double wall. A good chunk of my friends list is already at 300 light though so even though we feel overwhelmed right now I feel like we'll be there faster than we were with launch/VoG
Fair enough - but the same could be said for the old 29 level too. I have yet to see anyone on my friend's list at 300, though one guy is at 299. Though really now it seems the max is 310 - it will definitely be a while before people hit that.

I'd love to get a 300 blue - my best so far is a 299. If that is possible then it makes it much easier than I thought to get to 300. I thought we'd have to get special drops like the specific 300 quest rewards or just really luck legendary drops.

If there is interest in trying to do some of the raid tonight I'd be interested as well. I'm guessing we probably wouldn't finish it, but getting a feel for how things work plus a loot drop or two wouldn't be bad. I'm flying out on the redeye tomorrow so I might just stay up until the reset and sleep on the plane.
I really want to hit the Raid. I heard there's a chance for a pretty good ghost shell drop from the first chest, and that's one of the things I can't seem to get over 290, let alone close to 300. I also saw some people in the tower with Raid armor on. I can't believe it has been nearly a week and I haven't even touched it yet, considering I had Crota 3/4 done within 4 hours of reset the first day of TDB. If worse comes to worst, I'll just LFG it tonight to try to get in one attempt before reset.

Fair enough - but the same could be said for the old 29 level too. I have yet to see anyone on my friend's list at 300, though one guy is at 299. Though really now it seems the max is 310 - it will definitely be a while before people hit that.

I'd love to get a 300 blue - my best so far is a 299. If that is possible then it makes it much easier than I thought to get to 300. I thought we'd have to get special drops like the specific 300 quest rewards or just really luck legendary drops.

I really want to hit the Raid. I heard there's a chance for a pretty good ghost shell drop from the first chest, and that's one of the things I can't seem to get over 290, let alone close to 300. I also saw some people in the tower with Raid armor on. I can't believe it has been nearly a week and I haven't even touched it yet, considering I had Crota 3/4 done within 4 hours of reset the first day of TDB. If worse comes to worst, I'll just LFG it tonight to try to get in one attempt before reset.
I have a blue 300 helmet sitting in the inventory of my Hunter. I am waiting to Infuse it to my Exotics Helmet because since the helmet is only 290 right now if I infuse the 300 it will only bring it t like 296 or so. I am waiting to get a 295+ helmet, infuse it and then once I am there infuse the 300 helmet to the exotic so that I can hopefully get a true 300.

Once you are a high level I still say Crucible is one of the best ways to get a solid gun. Once I hit 286 or so nearly all of my end game rewards are 290+ including a 297 handcannon last night that I instantly Infused with my Hung Jury.

I have a blue 300 helmet sitting in the inventory of my Hunter. I am waiting to Infuse it to my Exotics Helmet because since the helmet is only 290 right now if I infuse the 300 it will only bring it t like 296 or so. I am waiting to get a 295+ helmet, infuse it and then once I am there infuse the 300 helmet to the exotic so that I can hopefully get a true 300.

Once you are a high level I still say Crucible is one of the best ways to get a solid gun. Once I hit 286 or so nearly all of my end game rewards are 290+ including a 297 handcannon last night that I instantly Infused with my Hung Jury.
I get buttloads of engrams from strikes and even story missions. I haven't gotten much from Crucible. It seems the stuff I get from there is in the 240-260 range. But note that I am much lower level when I run Crucible since I change my gear up. I'm getting a lot of 295+ blue stuff, but it always seems to be the same type (no helms or ghosts for example).

Also, is it possible to infuse a 300 into something to make it 300, or will it always come up just short (like 299)? I wouldn't get rid of any 300's unless I had more than one for a particular slot.

Well my Hunter is 40 now and sitting around 234 light score, I've been patrolling dreadnought and just finished my sword.

Sat at the Court of Onyx for 2 hours burning my runes with others that were there. Decoded my Engrams 1 by 1.

Would like to get some of the other raids before TTK and strikes with anyone that is interested.

Finished all original story and tkk, now focusing on these huge chains and my light score.

I get buttloads of engrams from strikes and even story missions. I haven't gotten much from Crucible. It seems the stuff I get from there is in the 240-260 range. But note that I am much lower level when I run Crucible since I change my gear up. I'm getting a lot of 295+ blue stuff, but it always seems to be the same type (no helms or ghosts for example).

Also, is it possible to infuse a 300 into something to make it 300, or will it always come up just short (like 299)? I wouldn't get rid of any 300's unless I had more than one for a particular slot.
I was switching my gear when I did Crucible at first but now the differences between my ability recharge times greatly outweigh the small perks the other old armors gave so I wear my highest gear in there too.

In terms of 300 stuff I am not 100%. From what I have gathered myself from infusing is that if there is a larger than a 3 point difference it will likely not give you the max points and will give you a smaller amount. If you are within that three point threshold though it seems to give you the highest value. This of course is just based off of what I have experienced and have no idea when it comes to 300 but I would imagine 300 is treated the same as 290 technically in terms of infusing to that value especially since we have confirmed that 300 clearly isnt even the cap.

Yeah, I'm using new armor, but I use old weapons like my Party Crasher + 1.  Though I do use the Zhalo Supercell.  I also use an old rocket launcher with proximity detonation.  So those two lower weapons are enough to push me down a bit so that the non-engram drops aren't that great.  I do need to grind some more Crucible for the Dead Orbit faction quest, so maybe I'll try that with max light.  (So far I've just been doing the dailies).

Yeah, I'm using new armor, but I use old weapons like my Party Crasher + 1. Though I do use the Zhalo Supercell. I also use an old rocket launcher with proximity detonation. So those two lower weapons are enough to push me down a bit so that the non-engram drops aren't that great. I do need to grind some more Crucible for the Dead Orbit faction quest, so maybe I'll try that with max light. (So far I've just been doing the dailies).
Future War Cult's vendor roll rocket launcher is a pretty decent high damage alternative for old favorites like Ash Factory and stuff. I have mine infused up to 297 and I love it.

It is hard to justify any other specials in PvP right now though I agree. I am always tempted to put on my Matador but I keep telling myself the end game rewards will be actually useful if I stick it out with my 290 light while playing hah.

Speaking of that then, has anyone found any really good year 2 special weapons for PvP that we should be on the lookout for?

Don't know about year 2 stuff quite yet.  The 300 light shotgun I got from finishing the NF quest has Rangefinder, which was a good PvP perk in the past.  I just unlocked that so maybe I'll try it instead of the Party Crasher + 1 in my next crucible match.  It has a pretty low rate of fire though.  But maybe that's good.  I have a quest for getting void punches in Crucible and that will make me practice the one shot + punch method, which is usually more effective than trying to get two shots off with any shotgun.

I was hitting the marks cap even after infusing a bunch of stuff so I decided to buy something again (I bought the Dead Orbit 280 level bond before).  Most of the stuff is lower than what I already have so there wasn't much I wanted.  When I build my marks up again I'll look into that FWC rocket launcher Broly.

But I decided to splurge and get the Year 2 Truth for 150 marks.  For whatever reason I was able to max it out really quickly, too, and I've also infused it up to 295.  It's nice to have a useful tracking RL once again - and I always forget about the bonus ammo with Truth - makes it much better than some of the blues I've been using that hold 1 shell at a time with only 3 in reserve.

It seems like the exotic armors level really slowly, but the weapons super quick.  I also had a class item that had RL focus so that probably helped a ton too.  But even so, it seems like the exotic weapons are levelling up faster than my legendary weapons.

Yeah, I'm using new armor, but I use old weapons like my Party Crasher + 1. Though I do use the Zhalo Supercell. I also use an old rocket launcher with proximity detonation. So those two lower weapons are enough to push me down a bit so that the non-engram drops aren't that great. I do need to grind some more Crucible for the Dead Orbit faction quest, so maybe I'll try that with max light. (So far I've just been doing the dailies).
You can still get high light-level gear if you switch out the weapons prior to going the rewards screen. The problem is remembering to do it ;) . I still forget since I'm so used to fighting it out until the screen freezes your movement. But by then you can't get into your menu.

Gotta make the switch as soon as you get notification the match is over.

It seems like the exotic armors level really slowly, but the weapons super quick. I also had a class item that had RL focus so that probably helped a ton too. But even so, it seems like the exotic weapons are levelling up faster than my legendary weapons.
I have noticed that in general that weapons seem to gain XP at at least a 3x faster rate than armor it seems. I have maxed out multiple different guns all while I just maxed out my helmet alone.

You can still get high light-level gear if you switch out the weapons prior to going the rewards screen. The problem is remembering to do it ;) . I still forget since I'm so used to fighting it out until the screen freezes your movement. But by then you can't get into your menu.

Gotta make the switch as soon as you get notification the match is over.
There is something oddly satisfying trying to squeeze in that last kill even though the match is already decided haha. I know I always forget to do quick swaps so I just quit trying many months back even when trying to level gear and what not.

http://infusioncalculator.hamnation.com/

Infusion calculator for figuring out how to infuser your gear.
Hmmmm I wonder what sort of calculations they are using to base that off of. According to this I would need my helmet to be at 298 to be able to max it out with a 300 piece.

They make note of something I am curious about on that site in the feedback spot and that is the amount the item to be dismantled is leveled. I wonder if you can squeeze out an extra level by having the dismantled object maxed out. Interesting find!

Yeah, I want more confirmation on what level it needs to be to get to 300.  I just read on a reddit thread that anything within 5 levels will make it the same level.   That would mean infusing a 300 into a 295 would make it 300.  But again I'd like confirmation of that before I use any of my 300 items.  If I can get a duplicate blue 300 item I'll test it out.   Right now I have a 300 primary, secondary, and artifact (all legendaries).

In that same thread, the guy is claiming that 3/4 of his exotic emblems are decoding at level 310 (once he hit 300).  I didn't think the chance would be that high.  I bought another 25 3 of coins before Xur left but didn't feel like farming last night.  I'll have to get that done tonight in case they fix it at reset.  I have 4 or 5 engrams in the Vault - wish I hadn't decoded so many up to that point though!

Went 4 for 20 on the last batch of Three of Coins I had on the Black Garden. Ended up with a Last Word, Obsidian Mind, and 2 X Voidfang Vestments. Tried to use the Last World a little bit in the crucible and the daily mission but it sucks at least for me it does. I also got the Four Horseman the first day the Three of Coins glitch was discovered but I dont enjoy using that also. I do have 150 Marks I dont know if I want the FWC Rocket Laucher or Hand Cannon or wait till next week and level up Dead Orbit via Motes to get their Scout Rifle.

Last night I joined a group for Court of Oryx. I believe it was some of you guys. I'll be on again tonight if you guys want to push for more. Got my light level much higher after everyone bailed.

Gt: BeFlatLine

Last night I joined a group for Court of Oryx. I believe it was some of you guys. I'll be on again tonight if you guys want to push for more. Got my light level much higher after everyone bailed. Gt: BeFlatLine
Yea, io and I were in there with you. Thanks for helping out. I have a difficult time remembering my kids names let alone what everyone's CAG name/GT is, lol.

Ok, so it seems like there is enough interest here to try to do some of the raid tonight so how about we setup a Raid run in an hour at 10pm Eastern time. Anyone interested be online and send me a message. Not sure if we have enough here at raid level to get a full team so if anyone with experience is interested in helping out that would be awesome. If we don't get a full team we will pull others from friends lists or LFG. Hopefully we can at least make it though part of it before the reset.

After infusing both my Warlock and Hunter are both only at 289 now and not 290 : (

That being said I was hoping to run a quick Nightfall with my hunter and the daily stuff and then scrounge up a raid group. If I see you guys havent started and I am on I will send you a message.

Yea, io and I were in there with you. Thanks for helping out. I have a difficult time remembering my kids names let alone what everyone's CAG name/GT is, lol.

Ok, so it seems like there is enough interest here to try to do some of the raid tonight so how about we setup a Raid run in an hour at 10pm Eastern time. Anyone interested be online and send me a message. Not sure if we have enough here at raid level to get a full team so if anyone with experience is interested in helping out that would be awesome. If we don't get a full team we will pull others from friends lists or LFG. Hopefully we can at least make it though part of it before the reset.
After infusing both my Warlock and Hunter are both only at 289 now and not 290 : (

That being said I was hoping to run a quick Nightfall with my hunter and the daily stuff and then scrounge up a raid group. If I see you guys havent started and I am on I will send you a message.
10 Eastern (which is in like 5 minutes) is a little too early for me. I'll be doing the Raid one way or another in a little while though and I'd rather run it with you guys than as a rando in an LFG group. I'll try to be on by 8 Pacific / 11 Eastern - hopefully that works out. I did want to do another Black Garden 3 of coins run so I may be doing that at first.

I definitely want to do the Raid whether you see me online or not. Just send me a message via Xbox and I'll see it on my phone if you guys are ready to go.

Ok, I am going to knock out some daily stuff first.  Would join you for one last 3 of coins run too if you are doing those again.

I realized I have the Golgoroth checkpoint from last night if anyone wants that or could help with it.  There is a good video of how to do it in the PS4 thread.  The group I was with last night was half asleep so we couldn't get it done.

I went and tried out my first Court of Oryx tonight, but didn't have much luck.
There was a bunch of guys there.....until I used the one rune that I had, and then everybody disappeared.
Needless to say, I didn't beat the boss, and lost the rune.

I'll stick with running 36 level strikes, they have been good to me, and have inched me up to 287.

Ok, I am going to knock out some daily stuff first. Would join you for one last 3 of coins run too if you are doing those again.

I realized I have the Golgoroth checkpoint from last night if anyone wants that or could help with it. There is a good video of how to do it in the PS4 thread. The group I was with last night was half asleep so we couldn't get it done.
I'd be up for any of it though I'd rather start at the beginning and get that first chest.

I went and tried out my first Court of Oryx tonight, but didn't have much luck.
There was a bunch of guys there.....until I used the one rune that I had, and then everybody disappeared.
Needless to say, I didn't beat the boss, and lost the rune.

I'll stick with running 36 level strikes, they have been good to me, and have inched me up to 287.
I believe if you die and don't re-enter, it refunds your rune so try that the next time it happens.

We were able to get 2 fire teams to court tonight and it was just tier 3 galore with purples everywhere, I was able to get to 296/297 though I'm not a fan of the rolls on my gear.

@chubby sorry about the confusion tonight - if you can get to 280 light you should join duc0r and I for nightfall this week. Make sure you are up to the nightfall step in the vanguard strike quest line too so you can turn in for a 300 special.

No problem at all! Too bad I couldn't get into the court with you guys. Osiris and I just tooled around mostly, but I got up to 267. That's almost +20 in a night. Can't complain about that. I'm gunning for 280 and will be there soon.

Did a little raiding last night.  One thing I learned - people really need to be 290+ or the DPS isn't enough on a couple of the bosses.  We had fun otherwise and I did get a 300 light Ghost to drop from the chest after the initial rune part.  We didn't know about the first chest at the time so we missed that one. 

Me and one other person carried the Gorgoroth checkpoint over the reset and tried to get the chest to open in the maze but the plates weren't active.  So either the person who had gotten the checkpoint already got it (we didn't get that far) or they made it so you can't farm that chest like you could in VoG.  Or possibly it just doesn't go active with less than 4 people (you have to step on 4 plates in a certain order).

I was also able to confirm a couple of high-level infusions.  I got a 300 blue primary to drop.  So I infused my Zhalo Supercell up to 298 then used the 300 and yeah, it did go to 300.  So that was nice.

On the other hand, the 5 level thing is not right.  I got the exotic Scout rifle just now and infused a 295 into it and it only went from 290 to 294.  So that guy on that thread on that other site was wrong about that ;).

I'd really like to get that 300 Ghost.
Is that chest right in the beginning?
Would it be possible for a couple of underleveled players to just go up to that point and get one?

UGH

Last night was the worst. Tried to get a Raid group but just kept failing and then we resorted to LFG and got some of the worst people. One guy quit the first time we died, the other one said he beat it 12 times but yet seemed to be the most socially awkward individual ever and not talk or really give us many tips on what to do and then another guy who was decent enough. But yeah we didn't get squat. I opened the first two chests and got some of that legendary material and that was it. Wasted the whole night for nothing. 

I was super pissed and went back to the tower and decoded a couple engrams and was about to get off but thought, "I need a freaking win" and so I grabbed the one legendary arm engram that was sitting in my vault and decrypted it into a 300 legendary gauntlet with increased melee attack speed and increased reload speed for scout rifles.. which are the exact two perks I wanted in a pair of gauntlets. So there was that at least hahah it was as if the game felt bad for me and was like... alright man here you can have this at least.

Now my Hunter is sitting at 295 and I am determined to get at least one full Raid run in this week. If you guys are 290+ and doing it at any time please let me know!

UGH

Last night was the worst. Tried to get a Raid group but just kept failing and then we resorted to LFG and got some of the worst people. One guy quit the first time we died, the other one said he beat it 12 times but yet seemed to be the most socially awkward individual ever and not talk or really give us many tips on what to do and then another guy who was decent enough. But yeah we didn't get squat. I opened the first two chests and got some of that legendary material and that was it. Wasted the whole night for nothing.

I was super pissed and went back to the tower and decoded a couple engrams and was about to get off but thought, "I need a freaking win" and so I grabbed the one legendary arm engram that was sitting in my vault and decrypted it into a 300 legendary gauntlet with increased melee attack speed and increased reload speed for scout rifles.. which are the exact two perks I wanted in a pair of gauntlets. So there was that at least hahah it was as if the game felt bad for me and was like... alright man here you can have this at least.

Now my Hunter is sitting at 295 and I am determined to get at least one full Raid run in this week. If you guys are 290+ and doing it at any time please let me know!
I'm probably running one this weekend, but will be spamming tier 2 and 3 Court of Oryx in the meantime so you can always feel free to pop in and see if we have room since we are usually on around the same times.

I'm running low on black wax though so you'll have to BYOB ;)

I'm probably running one this weekend, but will be spamming tier 2 and 3 Court of Oryx in the meantime so you can always feel free to pop in and see if we have room since we are usually on around the same times.

I'm running low on black wax though so you'll have to BYOB ;)
Being the modest achievement whore...hunter....that I am, anybody know if you can get the Court cheevo if you are running with others, or do you have to possess the required runes, go through each step, etc.? I'm assuming you, individually, have to satisfy each step.

Have to admit, I really didn't understand the tiers to the CoO until last night. Getting a Tier 3 rune sounds like a hassle. Am I wrong?

Gamertag is Puh Fifer.

Just got into Destiny and am 35 ATM. Looking for people to run strikes/raids soon as well as old stuff/stuff I missed while hating on destiny 1.0.

Feel free to add me or send me a message.

Usually play weekday nights and weekends, Eastern time

Being the modest achievement whore...hunter....that I am, anybody know if you can get the Court cheevo if you are running with others, or do you have to possess the required runes, go through each step, etc.? I'm assuming you, individually, have to satisfy each step.

Have to admit, I really didn't understand the tiers to the CoO until last night. Getting a Tier 3 rune sounds like a hassle. Am I wrong?
It popped for everyone we were running with (except me..I might have to reset) so I'm not sure. It's really straightforward though, you use tier 1s to "charge" tier 2s which "charge" tier 3s by killing boss spawns. Either way you are only really guaranteed a calcified fragment drop (one per event variation it seems) if you submit the rune yourself so you will end up running this a lot anyway if you're working towards that other achievement ;)

You get tier 3s from the raid/leveling up Eris rep/tier 2s so it's not too bad. From our group of 6 it seemed like we were getting 2 out of every 3 runs.

I will be on tonight after 10:00 est I think I am 275 at the moment. Gamertag is ajh2298 feel free to send me an invite for anything I am qualified for.

I'd really like to get that 300 Ghost.
Is that chest right in the beginning?
Would it be possible for a couple of underleveled players to just go up to that point and get one?
I had heard it was near the beginning which is why I wanted to get one run in before reset. You can get through the first 2 parts of the raid at a slightly lower level. We had 2 who where under 290 for those parts. After that it didn't work.

So what you can get initially:

1) Opening the portal (which is at the Court of Oryx) isn't too hard - just requires communication since two people have to coordinate placing orbs and it has to be done quickly. You get a chest after that. It only had a smoldering shard and wormspore I think for everyone in the team.

2) Jumping puzzle on Hive ships. This is kind of a pain and apparently there is a hidden chest in this part that we missed.

3) Opening the rune door. This one also requires some decent communication since you have to split into 3 groups and switch people constantly from the middle to each side. After this we got the chest that gave me the 300 ghost. Note that I was the only person to get one out of the 6, so no guarantees. Though I think 2 of the people had already done that part of the raid, so it was really 1 out of 4.

then after that it is:

4) Warpriest. Here is where you need DPS. You have 4 "turns" of just a few seconds each to take him down. So you need to do 25%+ damage each time. On our best run we did 20% damage total the entire time. But like I said before we had a few people under 290 and you could tell on the death screen that they were doing far less damage.

After that we went to the Tower so we could decrypt engrams. Oh yeah, each of us got 12-16 random engrams during those first few parts. You also gain exp during the Raid now unlike before. So even if you don't get very far you'll still get that stuff at least. Unfortunately, the guy who took us back in had gotten the Golgoroth (next boss) checkpoint before and when he took us back in it went there. Even though we left before wiping we ended up with that same checkpoint so we couldn't try the Warpriest again.

5) Golgoroth. This is the big ugly ogre. I think we actually did better here than on the Warpriest but everyone was tired so we didn't try all that much. We got him down to 3/4 once I think though and that was just after a few tries. Again, though, you need super high DPS here.

Same here. I'll be on after 8-9 Pacific tonight and want to give it another shot. I should have a second character ready to go soon too so maybe that one I can use for a weekend run.

What is the achievement for? I've done tons of Court of Oryx including many tier 3 (antiquated rune) and I haven't gotten one so it would seem it doesn't happen unless you summon the Tier 3. I have horrible RNG for getting runes though. I have ranked Crota's Bane up to 6, and not gotten an antiquated either time nor as a random drop like so many other people seem to get. So I have yet to summon a tier 3 myself.

By the way, the Tier 3 fight this week is different. It is a mini-Crota. I recorded a video of it. It is much easier than last week's too.

You get tier 3s from the raid/leveling up Eris rep/tier 2s so it's not too bad. From our group of 6 it seemed like we were getting 2 out of every 3 runs.
BS ;). I've done at least 20 tier 2's and several tier 3's and ranked up Eris twice (three times actually since I also got one level on my Titan). Not one Antiquated rune...

What is the achievement for? I've done tons of Court of Oryx including many tier 3 (antiquated rune) and I don't think I've gotten one. I have horrible RNG for getting runes though. I have ranked Crota's Bane up to 6, and not gotten an antiquated either time nor as a random drop like so many other people seem to get. So I have yet to summon a tier 3 myself.

By the way, the Tier 3 fight this week is different. It is a mini-Crota. I recorded a video of it. It is much easier than last week's too.
It's an Eris questline (I think?) where you have to do 6 tier 1, 3 tier 2, and 1 tier 3. It rewards you with a 300 light legendary artifact so definitely worth doing. Achievement is called 'Night Court' or something

BS ;). I've done at least 20 tier 2's and several tier 3's and ranked up Eris twice. Not one Antiquated rune...
I meant 2 across everyone present so it was like 2/18 odds :p

It's an Eris questline (I think?) where you have to do 6 tier 1, 3 tier 2, and 1 tier 3. It rewards you with a 300 light legendary artifact so definitely worth doing. Achievement is called 'Night Court' or something
Yeah, but I've done that twice (on two characters) - no achievement though. Are you sure the achievement isn't for an actual summons? I could get the quest done with other people summoning but I have yet to actually summon a Tier 3 myself. Hell, I've only ever gotten like 3 stolen runes.

Just looked at the list. Damn, it says this:

Night Court
Complete "The Court of Oryx" quest.

So I should have gotten it, twice. I'll see if doing the logging out trick works. I did get this one immediately though, after the time I should have gotten the Court one (which would have been like last Weds/Thurs):

Still Got Wolf Problems
Complete "The Wolves of Mars" quest.

Awesome, thanks for the details io.

I bumped my Zhalo up to 295 tonight. I know it isn't much, but I felt like I had a free shard from the Sunbreaker Titan mark.
Plus I ran a bunch of strikes and didn't get anything that would help me.

Can I just say how much I cannot stand Crucible.
It is no fun at all for me....zero. It seems like I get one shotted the entire game, while I need about 30 mins of shooting in order to kill someone. No matter what I use: Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon, Shotgun, Sniper.....whatever.
I'm only doing one game a day for the Legendary Marks, and I see today they added a second game for 10 Marks.
Which, I did not get by the way. I'm guessing your team actually has to win in order to get the them.
Something that is very unlikely for any team that I happen to be a part of.
...I think I'll just suffer through 10 mins of getting slaughtered for the guaranteed 15 every day.

I got the Ghost last night too from the first chest we opened.  Got lucky with a 308 roll on it as well so that was worth it.  

I am down to raid tonight and I'd do any of the weekly stuff as well  I'm on Pacific time this week so whenever works for me but these next 2 days are the most open for me so 

Saw there was a new crucible daily today for the new control mode.  Played it once and it still says it will award 10 marks if I run it again though.  Is this something new you can run more than once a week for marks?>

I got the Ghost last night too from the first chest we opened. Got lucky with a 308 roll on it as well so that was worth it.
Damn, that's nice. Of course for me RNG gives with one hand and takes with the other. I get the ghost but it is the minimum possible value even though I was in there as the highest of us (295). 308 would be nice because that will let you get to 300 without having every piece of gear at 300.

If we aren't Raiding right away I need to do the NF and could also use some help with a regular mission. It was late so maybe I was just tired, but I couldn't get through it at all - kept dying with the boss at like 1/4 health. It is one of the later missions you unlock where you fight the Shadow of Oryx back on Phobos again.

On the plus side, I finally got the exotic Scout rifle.

bread's done
Back