Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Veronica Mars']So...it's been like 4 days....still no box :/
I wanna get this shipped out soon....
Any tips...besides..watching out for the UPS people so they won't jack my stuff..?[/quote]

It takes about 7 business days for it to come in.

Ok, just called UPS. They said it was rescheduled for delivery today. I doubt the repair center is opened 24/7...so my guess the ups guy either forgot about my box on the truck and went to the shop and saw a "CLOSED" sign and entered in his computer that the shop requested redelivery for today.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']The empty box from them?[/quote]

yes. see you should have requested the label from them over email and would have gotten it in 12 hours instead of a week. Then pay to have it shipped faster to the service center.

oK, I just got a call from some guy in UPS.

He says that my UPS tracking id is a unique account and that it has been delivered last night. He mentioned that other people have called about their shipments today and that he assured me although the status online looks like it wasn't delivered, it actually was and that it will be signed off by the shipping manager in a few days. He was very rude and felt like he was rushing it.

Recorded his end of the conversation :twisted:

Checked the service center status online and it says they are still waiting for the package.

Ok, so since when did 360 packages become unique accounts???!?!?!

Just called xbox........finally got an American! :bouncy: (hitting zero like crazy makes MAX get me a Yankee!)

According to them, THEY NEVER GOT IT. :bomb:

They said give it til the end of the week and if it hasn't been updated into the system by friday, call them back (not UPS).

But by then I say UPS jacked my 360. :headache:

Ahhh crap, my Elite's DVD drive just died while I was playing Bully tonight. Started making grinding noises and the disc spun down. Now everytime I close the drive tray with or without a disc, it just pops right back.

I am a bit confused about the warranty though. I bought the system in May 07 while they were still doing the 90-day limited warranty on all service. I know that they extended the RRoD warranty for all users but they also updated their limited warranty to 1 year. Since this isn't a RRoD issue the 3 year for that wouldn't even apply. Question is, would my limited warranty be extended to the 1 year so it's good till May 08 or was it already expired August 07? I hope it's still good to May.... Anyone know about this, I suppose I'll find out tomorrow when service center opens back up.

[edit] warranty is still good, hope the repair goes smoothly...

Haven't posted here in awhile. My sixth 360 RRoD on Friday March 21st, I thought it to be humorous at first but it's really getting old now, at least I have my Arcade to still tide me over. Because I'm over my fifth return I talked to a supervisor (done this twice before), got my callback from someone in the escalation department (they call every 48hrs with updates), amazingly got my box overnighted so I had it Monday morning at my work, had an overnight label to send it back. At least that seems a little better now. Last few I got back within a week and this is expected in the same time. I always request same console repair too, the last two I got the same one back, maybe I should get another one since this one blows.

[quote name='ziria']Haven't posted here in awhile. My sixth 360 RRoD on Friday March 21st, I thought it to be humorous at first but it's really getting old now, at least I have my Arcade to still tide me over. Because I'm over my fifth return I talked to a supervisor (done this twice before), got my callback from someone in the escalation department (they call every 48hrs with updates), amazingly got my box overnighted so I had it Monday morning at my work, had an overnight label to send it back. At least that seems a little better now. Last few I got back within a week and this is expected in the same time. I always request same console repair too, the last two I got the same one back, maybe I should get another one since this one blows.[/quote]

You have had 6 returns to microsoft????????

holy shit. There has to be a limit of returns/repairs before they should give you a brand new box. But who am I kidding, this is microsoft.

Got a different situation here: I just noticed that the refurbed unit that they've sent me (3rd one I've received due to RRoD) has a busted USB port. Anyone know if they're gonna hassle me for a repair fee? I haven't used it that much since I mostly use my Elite. Kinda sucks since I can't do 2-player Rock Band since I have to dig out the USB Port.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Got a different situation here: I just noticed that the refurbed unit that they've sent me (3rd one I've received due to RRoD) has a busted USB port. Anyone know if they're gonna hassle me for a repair fee? I haven't used it that much since I mostly use my Elite. Kinda sucks since I can't do 2-player Rock Band since I have to dig out the USB Port.[/quote]

Well you need to call them back and tell them that the replacement has broken USB ports. They need to note that in the file saying "Replacement unit has dead on Arrival USB Ports". If they say there will be a charge, get a supervisor on the line and tell them that you can't use the USB ports because they are broken therefore you can't watch HD-DVD's and charge your controllers. I say stick it to them until they agree to put that into your records and authorize a free of charge exchange.

Wow, I'm new to this broken 360 business so I may not know exactly what to say but here it goes. My launch 360 has just given me the E74 error with the one red light in the bottom-right quadrant. I was having graphical issues in Mass Effect and Halo 3 and then I turned it off to find my other cable for A/V and when I tried to turn it back on with the original cable it is giving me errors everytime. I called xbox and they told me the video chip needed repair and it was going to be $100.

Any advice on what to do in this situation? I really don't want to pay 100 to keep my console on life support since it is bound to red ring sometime soon right?

Got the email............ Texas has my 360! :bouncy:

Checked UPS.com, says it was delivered at 1:30pm YESTERDAY, even though UPS told me one thing and microsoft told me they never got it. :whistle2:s

So now I am going to wait for the email saying that my unit has been tampered with because the previous owner was a bit rough with it.
360scratch0.jpg

[quote name='Treythalomew']Wow, I'm new to this broken 360 business so I may not know exactly what to say but here it goes. My launch 360 has just given me the E74 error with the one red light in the bottom-right quadrant. I was having graphical issues in Mass Effect and Halo 3 and then I turned it off to find my other cable for A/V and when I tried to turn it back on with the original cable it is giving me errors everytime. I called xbox and they told me the video chip needed repair and it was going to be $100.

Any advice on what to do in this situation? I really don't want to pay 100 to keep my console on life support since it is bound to red ring sometime soon right?[/quote]

Maybe there's a way to purposely give your 360 the red ring of death....

i just received a replacement console in lieu of my RROD'ed one. for those who've received their replacements, did you guys have to do the initial setup (setting language, time zone, etc.) when you first booted it up?

i'm asking this because i'm curious as to whether i got a new console or a refurbished one. thanks in advance.

EDIT: I apologize if this has been asked before.

[quote name='Rozz']Maybe there's a way to purposely give your 360 the red ring of death....[/quote]

I was going to say turn it on, then turn it off before it finishes the boot sequence (before it gets to the blades). Do it as much as you can and as fast as you can and eventually the system will croak. But to be on the safe side, I would do it without the hard drive installed...you don't want your hard drive to take a dump either.

Dead #3 happened today. This time it wasn't the red rings. The disc drive won't read games anymore. On the other hand I talked them into getting me a free game and also my repair destination is about 15 mins away but they still require me to ship it. Here's to a speedy recovery.

[quote name='Borney12']Sending in #3 on Monday... gotta love disc drive failures.[/QUOTE]

Sending in #4 for a disc read error. Lucky number 5!

Wow, this thread was mostly RRoD issues...just look at all the disc drives failures that are happening at the same time. Give us a new system already.

UPS tracking shows it was delivered yesturday but the service.xbox.com page says still waiting to recieve. How long does it usually take to update?

The disc drive problems seem nearly as endemic as the RRoD. Anyone know if it's limited to a specific model drive (the 360 has used at least three that I'm aware of)? I'd like to think that mine is one of the "good" ones.

[quote name='popemogoth']Wow, this thread was mostly RRoD issues...just look at all the disc drives failures that are happening at the same time. Give us a new system already.[/QUOTE]

The disc drives are just as faulty as the rest of the system and have been since it came out. My nephew was the first to get a 360 at launch, and he had disc drive problems out of the box. His fifth system (after taking 3 months to get back to him) did two RRODs in the last week. I'm going to buy him a Costco one with lifetime warranty for his Xmas because the system is a piece of shit.

[quote name='braindeadalive']UPS tracking shows it was delivered yesturday but the service.xbox.com page says still waiting to recieve. How long does it usually take to update?[/quote]

About a day or two.

Him I got this feeling that the system I get back from them will eventually have DRE's :bomb:

[quote name='Allnatural']The disc drive problems seem nearly as endemic as the RRoD. Anyone know if it's limited to a specific model drive (the 360 has used at least three that I'm aware of)? I'd like to think that mine is one of the "good" ones.[/quote]

The newest dvd drive, the Benq, is the best from my experience. Hitachi-LG drives are the worst while the Samsung drives are also pretty good.

If anyone is looking to get a new 360 try here:

http://360drives.com/list

Red ringed on sat 3/22, white box arrived on thur 3/27. I brought it to ups same day and they shipped it that night. According to ups arrival is 4/1, so now i just wait it out.

Do they even know how to really fix these things? shouldn't they have figured it out by now? and how do they sell what is basically a problem waiting to happen!

[quote name='braindeadalive']When I dropped it off at the UPS Store they said they don't give reciepts for pre-paid packages. Was the lady lying? Should I be worried?

And the tracking still says billing info recieved, how long does UPS.com take to update?[/QUOTE]
Every UPS Store is able to give you a receipt for your drop-off. It's part of their iShip system - there's a button for "drop-off package", prompting them to scan in the bar code on the label. When it's scanned in, it'll prompt whether or not they want to print a receipt. Request one - it'll have the tracking number, store location and number, time of drop off, and weight. It won't have the actual address on it or anything, but I recommend making a copy of the label before shipping it out just to be safe.

[quote name='StonedJedi']
Do they even know how to really fix these things? shouldn't they have figured it out by now? and how do they sell what is basically a problem waiting to happen![/quote]

I had a conversation with a CSR about my 360 a few hours ago. Basically he told me that if the repair center determines if your 360 is just beyond repair, they will send you another one, but that's up to the repair center if you get a brand new 360 or a refurbed one. If your 360 has a issue that can be fixed, they will repair it and send it back to you.

[quote name='twanky']second 3RROD in under a year, its an elite too! shame.[/quote]

what game busted yours?

Halo 3 did it for all three of my systems. Two of them after messing around in the theater mode and the third in the forge mode.

my 360 rrod. it was a 2006 model and the warranty sticker looked really bad. I checked the site and it said that my warranty was outdated.I called the 1800xbox and they said they extended the RROD warranty so I sent it in and couple days later i got a email that the device was recieved. 1 day later i got an email that the device was shipped to customer but now the warranty status changed from outdated to in warranty. Did they just send my console back cuz of the weird seal? One day of repair is kinda fishy...but they did change the warranty status!

[quote name='aznXstephen122']my 360 rrod. it was a 2006 model and the warranty sticker looked really bad. I checked the site and it said that my warranty was outdated.I called the 1800xbox and they said they extended the RROD warranty so I sent it in and couple days later i got a email that the device was recieved. 1 day later i got an email that the device was shipped to customer but now the warranty status changed from outdated to in warranty. Did they just send my console back cuz of the weird seal? One day of repair is kinda fishy...but they did change the warranty status![/quote]

No it is most likely you got a brand new 360 with another 90 days of coverage so that's why you have a in warranty status now. MS has had my 360 for almost 5 days now and I am still haven't received an update.

Did I probably get a brand new one as well, My Warranty is now june 6, 2008. I think it didn't update real fast the website, because it said they received it on March 27th(2 days after I sent it), but yesterday it moved to received at service center, and today it said it was shipped to customer, hopefully it was, the 3RROD is gay, but I actually pretty much think the process was fast, the box was received and sent by me on the 25th, and it to be done now is amazing. I didn't even get an error message on my 360 lol

Mine went from recieved to shipped to customer in 1 day, at least that's what service.xbox.com says.

What's weird is now the Serial # is different (obviously getting a different one) but they took a year off my purchased warranty.

It says, Warranty Expiration: 6/28/2008 7:59:59 PM

when it should be, December 17, 2009 according to both copies of my service contract.

EDIT:

On the phone right now, she has no idea what i'm talking about.

What was funny was while on hold they are playing Indian dance music, about the only funny thing in this process.

EDIT AGAIN:

She is still looking for whoever is in charge of service contracts and i've been on the phone for 35 minutes now.

EDIT YET AGAIN:

Still on hold, total call time 47 minutes so far, i'm running out of minutes on my fucking cell phone.

FINAL EDIT:

After 53 minutes she said that she "wrote everything down" and they are "updating their systems" right now so she'll have to work on it when they are finished updating. I highly doubt anything will get fixed with my warranty.

[quote name='braindeadalive']Mine went from recieved to shipped to customer in 1 day, at least that's what service.xbox.com says.

What's weird is now the Serial # is different (obviously getting a different one) but they took a year off my purchased warranty.

It says, Warranty Expiration: 6/28/2008 7:59:59 PM

when it should be, December 17, 2009 according to both copies of my service contract.

EDIT:

On the phone right now, she has no idea what i'm talking about.

What was funny was while on hold they are playing Indian dance music, about the only funny thing in this process.

EDIT AGAIN:

She is still looking for whoever is in charge of service contracts and i've been on the phone for 35 minutes now.

EDIT YET AGAIN:

Still on hold, total call time 47 minutes so far, i'm running out of minutes on my fucking cell phone.

FINAL EDIT:

After 53 minutes she said that she "wrote everything down" and they are "updating their systems" right now so she'll have to work on it when they are finished updating. I highly doubt anything will get fixed with my warranty.[/quote]

damn. You and I got our systems in around the same time, and yours is already out the door. Mine is still stuck at received at service center. Guess yours is beyond repair while they are taking their time fixing mine :whistle2:(

so the disc drive is finally not working anymore after about 6 months of having to punch the damn thing to get the drive to read games. 2nd one too, can I still just send it back in under the RRoD and get it back by the time GTA4 comes out?

So "my" repaired box from August is now randomly powering down while I play. Fantastic. Anyone else have this issue whatsoever? Everything else seems fine but, lord, this is getting to be a bit too much.

[quote name='Kapwanil']So "my" repaired box from August is now randomly powering down while I play. Fantastic. Anyone else have this issue whatsoever? Everything else seems fine but, lord, this is getting to be a bit too much.[/quote]

I've had that happen to me a couple of times. It then started to automatically shut off my internet on my modem (modem was connected to my router and 360 was connected wired to my router). I later found that it was due to the hard drive failing. My guess is that it's either the xbox overheating or hard drive failing.

Any red lights happen when it shuts off?

I had my first graphics glitch during COD4 earlier today. The graphics were all messed up and whatnot. I turned off the system and then powered it back on but I get no video input on my TV. I can hear myself logging into the dashboard but there's nothing on my screen. I've checked the cables and they seem to be fine/plugged in.

Anyone have an idea of what's going on? I'm fearing the worst since GTA4 is right around the corner too :(

[quote name='chex20']I've had that happen to me a couple of times. It then started to automatically shut off my internet on my modem (modem was connected to my router and 360 was connected wired to my router). I later found that it was due to the hard drive failing. My guess is that it's either the xbox overheating or hard drive failing.

Any red lights happen when it shuts off?[/quote]

No red lights any of the three times it occured, but I don't put too much faith in it. I'll see if I can grab a friend's cables and transfer my stuff to a 120 GB HDD on someone else's system as well, just in case it happens to be the hard drive failing as well.

HMM...

On the status page, where it says Carrier tracking number, which was blank before it nows has my email address and the carrier UPS..However the status still says received at service center. So has it shipped because they put my email address as the tracking number?

:whistle2:k

Got the 3 red rings today, now I am sending off for my 5th one. I thought this was the one to last but nope I get screwed again. I can't understand it. I take good care of it. I don't really game for hours at a time. Maybe the 5th time is a charm. I am not gonna hold my breath.

[quote name='sociopharm02']Got the 3 red rings today, now I am sending off for my 5th one. I thought this was the one to last but nope I get screwed again. I can't understand it. I take good care of it. I don't really game for hours at a time. Maybe the 5th time is a charm. I am not gonna hold my breath.[/quote]

You could take good care of your 360 and it will still break down with little to no warning.

Dateline or CBS needs to do an undercover investigation of this to expose the truth. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back