Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Tron CE was all-time bad. This just looks incredibly overpriced.
I don't disagree with you on that, but at least with that a Tron fan could display his melted motorcycle. What are you supposed to do with this? Here's a shoebox full of tiny junk trinkets with an ugly steelbook. I think DA is better suited for a ME2/3 style of CE for $80-100.

CE prices are continuing to get more out of control. Look at what Ubisoft is doing, look at this, look at Titanfall. This is all getting to be just way too much.

It's a money grab. They figure it is worth selling a few of them for as much as possible to early adopters (ahem I use that term loosely) and slashing the price on the excess rather than having a reasonable price to begin with.

Now my only question is if I should get basic DAI right away or wait to see how fast the price of the CE drops.  No way I go 170 on that.  Not even 136 for gcu if BB gets it.

Something tells me since this is a Gamestop exclusive and will be way more limited, when this sells out, the people who passed on it will be in full panic mode.

A lot of people have no interest in something, until the prospect of them never being able to get it kicks in. Then they suddenly want it.

I'll buckle down and put in a pre-order, what the hell?

I would have taken a $79.99 version with just the steelbook, but this is just NO. :nottalking:
i would of consider it for one minute , if it was $99.99-$129.99 for the CE that gs is offering. you know damn well that map is going to be made from some cheap ass paper. LOL the case and steelbook is probably the most expensive items. i wonder how big , or what dimension is the case.

i would of consider it for one minute , if it was $99.99-$129.99 for the CE that gs is offering. you know damn well that map is going to be made from some cheap ass paper. LOL the case and steelbook is probably the most expensive items. i wonder how big , or what dimension is the case.
Its small. Like 3.5x7.5x11.5

Something tells me since this is a Gamestop exclusive and will be way more limited, when this sells out, the people who passed on it will be in full panic mode.

A lot of people have no interest in something, until the prospect of them never being able to get it kicks in. Then they suddenly want it.

What happened with the walking dead GS exclusive? Is that worth a ton of money now or is it still pretty common? (I'm actually asking) It seems like that would be a similar release...through walking dead should be exponentially more popular than this game.

What happened with the walking dead GS exclusive? Is that worth a ton of money now or is it still pretty common? (I'm actually asking) It seems like that would be a similar release...through walking dead should be exponentially more popular than this game.
That thing being a GS exclusive is a bad sign for it eventually getting cheaper.
Except this is on infinitely more systems. I think the odds there is a coupon code, or a quick price drop on at least one platform is very likely---I'm not saying you'll find it converted to used for $20 but the odds you could get it for $30+ off retail are more likely then not. Who knows though... best thing to do for now is put a preorder in if you're remotely interested and see what demand looks like closer to release (dont' fall for the "we're going to mark it "Sold Out" two months from launch only to flood the market afterwards though)

Yes it's a gamestop exclusive but it's not exclusive to a particular console (or two or three or four) and it's not a new IP so it only has one thing going for it.

Straight from Executive Producer of Dragon Age Himself that it is "GameStop ONLY"

K0jEwZo.png
oh, i will be happy to keep my $170. i think they are hoping for a big success with the new entry to the dragon age series, since it had been on hiatus since dragon age 2.

Wow. Not only did both my Drakengard 3 CE ship, but so did my Lightning Returns CE (PS3). Go DR. Now to see how things arrive.
I'm not sure if they actually shipped yet... I wouldn't be surprised if they just created a label and then held on to them for another few days.

Oddly though I got shipping notifications for both my orders---and I created the second one just because my CC was set to expire before release date on the first order.

They actually advised me to do that.

That thing being a GS exclusive is a bad sign for it eventually getting cheaper.
The Last of Us CE was a gamestop exclusive and it never went cheaper. It sold out then came back for brief period (probably from cancelled orders) and once they were sold, which was very fast, they were gone.

It's also supposedly extremely limited - not even taking in-store preorders, only full pay online shipped to house.  The lockpicks also unlocks 'secret' compartments in the box (that hold the rest of the CE items).

It's also supposedly extremely limited - not even taking in-store preorders, only full pay online shipped to house. The lockpicks also unlocks 'secret' compartments in the box (that hold the rest of the CE items).
And if your Lockpicking stat is too low and you break all of them, you're SoL on getting into those compartments?

This seems more like Bioshock Infinite Songbird and less like Last of Us Post-Pandemic. It seems like it's only the new IPs that inflate in price to the crazy levels. What's the worst that will happen with this one? Someone passes at $160 and has to pick it up later for $200 if they really, really want it?

As much as I'd love to have a LE/CE I just don't have the money and I probably never will. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if they end up going for sale on Amazon or somewhere else for a cheaper price. (All those WatchDogs editions are just insane)

I'm not sure if they actually shipped yet... I wouldn't be surprised if they just created a label and then held on to them for another few days.

Oddly though I got shipping notifications for both my orders---and I created the second one just because my CC was set to expire before release date on the first order.

They actually advised me to do that.
Hopefully I do not get boned on my Drakengard 3 CE as I did with my FF X/X-2 CE. This is Digital Rivers chance to redeem their selves, but if I have to result in buying on off eBay as I did with my FF X/X-2 CE then I am finished with them for ever as I have not received any shipping notification for my Drakengard 3 CE yet and it was ordered Feb 5. I did however get a shipping notification from NISA about my Mugan Souls Z CE. Right now it is a race to see who can get me my order first, I have a bet on NISA as their track record is amazing.

Depends on how good the game is. The Defiance Ultimate CE was a Gamestop exclusive and that thing tanked in value. I think it started at $150, but quickly dropped to $100, then $60, and now $30. If memory serves correct, it was readily available at the $60 price and there was a 20% off online code at GS.com at the time.

I don't think I could be more underwhelmed by Inquisition's CE. Way too pricey, nothing I really want except for the steelbook, and no exclusive DLC. Guess I'll just grab the Deluxe Edition.

yea when asked about how limited the producer reply was "yes indeed. Very limited run" so I would say this wont last long.
You know what other special edition was said to be "very limited"? ALL of them.

Of course they're gonna say it's limited, regardless of whether or not it's true. Most CEs these days aren't rare and given how popular the DA series is, the fact that it's on multiple platforms and that it's being punished by EA though suggests that it's probably not gonna all that rare.

A substantial number of CEs are full of cheaply made, Chinese shit or DLC, and then marked up exponentially. They're gonna try to sell as many as possible at full price and they're not gonna be able to do that by saying "yeah, you can probably get it on clearance a few months down the line".

I'm not saying the guy is lying, he could be completely honest, but the odds aren't exactly in his favor.

You know what other special edition was said to be "very limited"? ALL of them.

Of course they're gonna say it's limited, regardless of whether or not it's true. Most CEs these days aren't rare and given how popular the DA series is, the fact that it's on multiple platforms and that it's being punished by EA though suggests that it's probably not gonna all that rare.

A substantial number of CEs are full of cheaply made, Chinese shit or DLC, and then marked up exponentially. They're gonna try to sell as many as possible at full price and they're not gonna be able to do that by saying "yeah, you can probably get it on clearance a few months down the line".

I'm not saying the guy is lying, he could be completely honest, but the odds aren't exactly in his favor.
While I agree with your general point, this is not only a Gamestop exclusive, but an online exclusive. I suspect this will not be available long enough to see a price drop as Gamestop is pretty good about estimating actual demand on most of their exclusive CEs with very few exceptions. The fact that it's available on multiple platforms is a bit of a misleading argument because with five months until release, they can do final assembly (the game inside is just the mass produced "Limited Edition" and the outer box can quickly be printed) just a couple of weeks before release and essentially adjust the quantity of each version at that time but not adjust the overall quantity of CEs.

Depends on how good the game is. The Defiance Ultimate CE was a Gamestop exclusive and that thing tanked in value. I think it started at $150, but quickly dropped to $100, then $60, and now $30. If memory serves correct, it was readily available at the $60 price and there was a 20% off online code at GS.com at the time.
Defiance wasn't online exclusive like this is. It's not going to drop in price.

Defiance wasn't online exclusive like this is. It's not going to drop in price.
Says the person that claimed the SF 25th Anniversary edition was going to be super rare----and harder to find then the BL2 Loot Chest Edition.

Since this is "online only" we can't place preorders at B&M Gamestop stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back