Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Their website doesn't say online only. If something is online only, it usually has a blue online only note on there somewhere.
Actually it does. If you look at the main page with the rotating game ads, when you click on Dragon Age, it says "Online Only" and it has the Gamestop exclusive red logo in the right corner.

Says the person that claimed the SF 25th Anniversary edition was going to be super rare----and harder to find then the BL2 Loot Chest Edition.

Since this is "online only" we can't place preorders at B&M Gamestop stores?
It wasn't available at retail after launch, where as tens of Loot Chests were converted to used by GS's in CA alone. Where were all the LoU Post Pandemic Editions after launch?

GS exclusive CE/retail print run games are rare, online-only ones doubly so.

My first sale on Amazon Marketplace in 2012 was my 360 ME 1 CE, also a GS online exclusive CE, for almost $200 used.

It wasn't available at retail after launch, where as tens of Loot Chests were converted to used by GS's in CA alone. Where were all the LoU Post Pandemic Editions after launch?

GS exclusive CE/retail print run games are rare, online-only ones doubly so.

My first sale on Amazon Marketplace in 2012 was my 360 ME 1 CE, also a GS online exclusive CE, for almost $200 used.
Are you still riding that midget pony? The SF 25th was being sold by GROUPON as of just a few months ago! Of course it wasn't available at retail... there were WAREHOUSES full of it for a year or two after release; why clutter stores with something that wasn't going to sell even at 50% off! You can buy the 360 version on Amazon for ~ $63. Lord... I hope that was sarcasm.

I think the fact this is online only might be good for long term availability since you won't have resellers preordering 3+ at every store within 100 miles since it's much harder to order bulk quantities through gamestop.com as they have a strict filter which will ban accounts for this.

Are you still riding that midget pony? The SF 25th was being sold by GROUPON as of just a few months ago! Of course it wasn't available at retail... there were WAREHOUSES full of it for a year or two after release; why clutter stores with something that wasn't going to sell even at 50% off! You can buy the 360 version on Amazon for ~ $63. Lord... I hope that was sarcasm.

I think the fact this is online only might be good for long term availability since you won't have resellers preordering 3+ at every store within 100 miles since it's much harder to order bulk quantities through gamestop.com as they have a strict filter which will ban accounts for this.
360 edition of SF did sit around Amazon & Capcom but not the PS3 version as much.

Are you still riding that midget pony? The SF 25th was being sold by GROUPON as of just a few months ago! Of course it wasn't available at retail... there were WAREHOUSES full of it for a year or two after release; why clutter stores with something that wasn't going to sell even at 50% off! You can buy the 360 version on Amazon for ~ $63. Lord... I hope that was sarcasm
aa.jpg

AW YEAH I got my package from BandaiNamco!

*opens it up*

Nope, it was my tshirt order that I put in way later.

how hard is it to return items to the square enix store? getting a duplicate order of Drakengard 3 CE and Final Fantasy XIV CE unless anyone wants to take them for cost + shipping

how hard is it to return items to the square enix store? getting a duplicate order of Drakengard 3 CE and Final Fantasy XIV CE unless anyone wants to take them for cost + shipping
I would definitely be interested in the D3 CE but that depends on whether my pre-order ships or not. I had to update my billing information but their CS is so awful that I'm guessing my order isn't going to go through.

I ordered my D3 CE on Feb 20th and it shipped yesterday. My billing address was incorrect on my card as well, but I was somehow charged for it today. I was never able to update it properly via phone or email, but did "update" by adding the second billing address to my profile the way you did Vinny. I don't know if that's what made the difference though.

Take this as you will, but according to a couple managers I've known for a while @ GS, between all the platforms GS has pre-sold thru an average of 20% of their allotment of Dragon Age Inquisitor Editions as of Wednesday. 

As much as I thought about rolling the dice and waiting for a price drop I decided to go ahead and plop down my $170. 

Take this as you will, but according to a couple managers I've known for a while @ GS, between all the platforms GS has pre-sold thru an average of 20% of their allotment of Dragon Age Inquisitor Editions as of Wednesday.

As much as I thought about rolling the dice and waiting for a price drop I decided to go ahead and plop down my $170.
Got told similar numbers at two seperate locations in my hometown (20% and 25%) I don't know how accurate it is but I went ahead and preordered it anyway. the online only has me thinking its going to be rare.

I'm going to assume I'm not the only one.... but I placed two orders for the Drakengaard CE with both orders containing two copies. I had to place the second order a month or two ago because my CC company closed the card I used on the original order due to the Target fiasco and reissued a new one. When I contacted Digital River (Square Store) about it they told me to place a second order as the first one would be cancelled since they wouldn't be able to bill the account.

Well today I received both orders even though they were only able to bill me for the second order

I'm going to assume I'm not the only one.... but I placed two orders for the Drakengaard CE with both orders containing two copies. I had to place the second order a month or two ago because my CC company closed the card I used on the original order due to the Target fiasco and reissued a new one. When I contacted Digital River (Square Store) about it they told me to place a second order as the first one would be cancelled since they wouldn't be able to bill the account.

Well today I received both orders even though they were only able to bill me for the second order
Check again. I was in the same position, except I wasn't told to place a second order (couldn't get through to Digital River CS) and I assumed the original order would be canceled due to not being able to charge the dead CC, yet that order is being shipped to me and my current CC was charged the amount of the order.

Check again. I was in the same position, except I wasn't told to place a second order (couldn't get through to Digital River CS) and I assumed the original order would be canceled due to not being able to charge the dead CC, yet that order is being shipped to me and my current CC was charged the amount of the order.
I've had a similar issue and the charge didn't show up until several days after I had received the Lightning Returns CE. Even if it's not there now I'd also suggest they keep checking...

I've had a similar issue and the charge didn't show up until several days after I had received the Lightning Returns CE. Even if it's not there now I'd also suggest they keep checking...
I'm well aware that some companies like DR often don't put a charge through until after the tracking shows the item delivered (Nike, EA/Origin are others) but it would be impossible for them to charge that original card. I wasn't just reissued a new card with a different expiration date I was reissued a completely new card with new numbers and CRV.

I was billed for one set of the orders, and that went through a few days ago, fell off and I'm sure it'll come back through again as completed in the next few days.

They could link the two orders based on both being placed under the same account (username/password) and retroactively charge me for the first order using the billing information on the second order, but I'd have to guess that is illegal.

Edit: Just checked my bank statement; a charge for $159.98 has been completed for "DRI*SQUARE ENIX.COM MINNETONKA MN" on 05/14. No other charges came through, or are pending from Digital River. I did receive too shipping confirmation e-mail and two e-mails for the DLC.

Again I see know way that a charge can come through for the first order using that billing information. It would be impossible. The only way a charge could come through is if they edit the order and bill me using my current information, which I'm assuming they have but I'd have to assume that isn't legal.

I'm not trying to game the system and would either resubmit payment or send the items back if asked i just wanted to point this out to others who may be in the same situation

I'm well aware that some companies like DR often don't put a charge through until after the tracking shows the item delivered (Nike, EA/Origin are others) but it would be impossible for them to charge that original card. I wasn't just reissued a new card with a different expiration date I was reissued a completely new card with new numbers and CRV.

I was billed for one set of the orders, and that went through a few days ago, fell off and I'm sure it'll come back through again as completed in the next few days.

They could link the two orders based on both being placed under the same account (username/password) and retroactively charge me for the first order using the billing information on the second order, but I'd have to guess that is illegal.
I was also issued a completely new card with new numbers and CRV, yet that one was charged.

If the second card was issued on the first account, it doesn't matter. Most credit card providers and banks will simply process the transaction on the new card by using automated credit card updating. If the second card is literally an entirely new account (i.e. more than just a new number and cvs/expiration date on the same exact account) but literally a whole new account, then you may be able to avoid the charge.

I was also issued a completely new card with new numbers and CRV, yet that one was charged.
^ I don't know what to say to you guys. The first card was cancelled because of the Target fiasco (cancellation was initiated by the bank---not me). My financial institution isn't going to allow charges to come through on that card if it was cancelled due to something like a security breach. That would make no sense.

Edit: Just checked my bank statement; a charge for $159.98 has been completed for "DRI*SQUARE ENIX.COM MINNETONKA MN" on 05/14. No other charges came through, or are pending from Digital River. I did receive too shipping confirmation e-mail and two e-mails for the DLC.

Again I see know way that a charge can come through for the first order using that billing information. It would be impossible. The only way a charge could come through is if they edit the order and bill me using my current information, which I'm assuming they have but I'd have to assume that isn't legal.

I'm not trying to game the system and would either resubmit payment or send the items back if asked i just wanted to point this out to others who may be in the same situation
Just wanted to point out what happened in my case. I'd say there is a good chance you won't be charged. Just in case you were considering spending extra thinking you wouldn't be charged I thought I should point out it may still be charged based on my experience.

Anyway I hope you don't get charged. DR has made plenty of mistakes that cost CAG members so a mistake in favor of a CAG member seems fair to me since you weren't being shady :) Maybe enough of these mistakes will make them change how they do business in several areas.

I thought we were done with this. Card is reissued. The card company and digital river talk. Card company decides it isn't a fraudulent charge. stuff gets shipped, card gets charged. You opted in on the first order, no need for them to double check.

^ I don't know what to say to you guys. The first card was cancelled because of the Target fiasco (cancellation was initiated by the bank---not me). My financial institution isn't going to allow charges to come through on that card if it was cancelled due to something like a security breach. That would make no sense.
All I'm saying is that the exact same thing that happened with your card happened with mine, and I can see the charge on my current card. I don't understand it, either, but it's there.

I ended up ordering the Panzerhund edition after seeing the unboxing video.  I figured with the $25 worth of certificates/ e-gift cards from best buy plus GCU makes it comparable in price to some other collector editions I've bought.

For you "CC was cancelled, how are they charging me" guys....it works the exact same way a refund for a product does if your card is cancelled between purchase and refund since you have a master account with MC, VI, DI, and AX. You can still process a charge with a valid authorization on a cancelled card because of that.  Don't overthink it.

As of right now Square Enix meaning Digital River and NISA are in a race to see who can get their CE into my hands first.

Here are a few Details:

Digital River (Square Enix)

Drakengard 3 CE

• Price of CE: $79.99
  • Order Date: 2/5/2014
  • Shipping Cost: $11.99
  • Shipping Notification Date With Tracking #: 5/15/14
  • Additional Information: None
  • Status of Order & Last Update: FISHERS, IN on 5/16/14

NIS America

Mugan Souls Z CE

• Price of CE: $69.99
  • Order Date: 4/8/2014
  • Shipping Cost: Free
  • Shipping Notification Date With Tracking #: 5/16/14
  • Additional Information: 2 Day Priority Mail & $50 Insurance Included
  • Status of Order & Last Update: In my home town on 5/19/14

I wonder who is going to win this race...........................

As of right now Square Enix meaning Digital River and NISA are in a race to see who can get their CE into my hands first.

Here are a few Details:

Digital River (Square Enix)

Drakengard 3 CE

• Price of CE: $79.99
  • Order Date: 2/5/2014
  • Shipping Cost: $11.99
  • Shipping Notification Date With Tracking #: 5/15/14
  • Additional Information: None
  • Status of Order & Last Update: FISHERS, IN on 5/16/14

NIS America

Mugan Souls Z CE

• Price of CE: $69.99
  • Order Date: 4/8/2014
  • Shipping Cost: Free
  • Shipping Notification Date With Tracking #: 5/16/14
  • Additional Information: 2 Day Priority Mail & $50 Insurance Included
  • Status of Order & Last Update: In my home town on 5/19/14

I wonder who is going to win this race...........................
NISA has yet to let me down. So far their packing has been great, and their customer support replies to me within a few hours at most. I've luckily never have dealt with DR, and from what I see with everyone else's troubles, I'll avoid at all costs.

NISA has yet to let me down. So far their packing has been great, and their customer support replies to me within a few hours at most. I've luckily never have dealt with DR, and from what I see with everyone else's troubles, I'll avoid at all costs.
NISA let me down on Danganronpa.

I swear my D3 CE got lost or something. It's been in the next state over since the 16th, it didn't show up today, and the last activity the trackers show is the 16th. Should I be worried yet?

As long as it doesn't say delivered somewhere else I think you're still ok...but it would piss me off too. This happened to me once, something I bought and it took the whole national tour through USPS before it got delivered after 3 weeks. That's considering the item shipped from PA and I just live in NJ. 

I got my two Drakengard 3 CEs today, which I wasn't expecting. I was surprised to see neither CE sustained any immediately visible damage (I didn't have much time to examine them before heading back to work). I guess I'm glad DR didn't cancel my order or fudge up the shipping.

...Though I sure wouldn't have minded getting these CEs for free. :whistle2:

I swear my D3 CE got lost or something. It's been in the next state over since the 16th, it didn't show up today, and the last activity the trackers show is the 16th. Should I be worried yet?
I would be a bit more patient. Mine hasn't even updated from the original departure state and that occured on the 14th. The game also doesn't officially release until the 20th (tomorrow). My estimated delivery on newgistics shows an estimated delivery date of the 19th through the 21st. I don't think it's lost. Newgistics is just ultra slow and it doesn't help that it has to be handed off to USPS after going through newgistics.

The last update I have on the 15, in Fischer, IN. I have the same estimate as D Choy. I'm worru right now since there's still time. But I probably wont be ordering from DR anytime soon. The last order I had with DR was from Capcom a few years ago and it got to me fine.

I want mine to get here soon, so I can sell the damn thing while there's still a market for it! I recently decided to get away from all CEs--for myriad reasons--but this thing had already shipped. It looks like I should make a bit of money off it, though--even with factoring in fees and what not. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back