Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be a new trend with Square Enix releasing Collector' Edition for their Japanese game as SE store only.

No free shipping sucks for sure. Still might order two copies and sell one seeing as how they are limited to 5,000 and exclusive to the SE store...

well I just got digital rivered... although I suppose it is partly my fault.

I went to order two copies of the Curtain Call CE from the Square Store and when I tried to place an order I got an error (can't remember the code... something like ST 000002). I had thought maybe I entered the information incorrectly so about five minutes later I decided to try again. That order went through and I got a notification of a pending charge, and then like thirty seconds later a second charge came through (presumably from the first order).

I'll have to wait and see if two separate orders are create and if not then hopefully one of the charges falls off. I don't really want two orders, and I know it'll be difficult to get them to cancel once and I don't really want to  call my bank and dispute the charge because then I'll probably end up being blacklisted from the square store.

well I just got digital rivered... although I suppose it is partly my fault.

I went to order two copies of the Curtain Call CE from the Square Store and when I tried to place an order I got an error (can't remember the code... something like ST 000002). I had thought maybe I entered the information incorrectly so about five minutes later I decided to try again. That order went through and I got a notification of a pending charge, and then like thirty seconds later a second charge came through (presumably from the first order).

I'll have to wait and see if two separate orders are create and if not then hopefully one of the charges falls off. I don't really want two orders, and I know it'll be difficult to get them to cancel once and I don't really want to call my bank and dispute the charge because then I'll probably end up being blacklisted from the square store.
The Digital River number is usually really helpful with issues like these. I have tried cancelling items through the Square Enix Web Portal and it never seems to work. Being able to talk to someone on the phone helps alleviate these issues.

The Digital River number is usually really helpful with issues like these. I have tried cancelling items through the Square Enix Web Portal and it never seems to work. Being able to talk to someone on the phone helps alleviate these issues.
They sounded helpful to me too but in the end, they never were able to solve my issue.

I really want this but I really need to stop dealing with DR since they're such a hassle. I wish there was a way to tell companies directly how much DR sucks. I doubt DR ever mentions any of their problems.

Then again, given the Ni No fiasco and how Namco's still with them, I'm guessing DR probably works for next to nothing so it's probably very profitable for these companies.

They sounded helpful to me too but in the end, they never were able to solve my issue.

I really want this but I really need to stop dealing with DR since they're such a hassle. I wish there was a way to tell companies directly how much DR sucks. I doubt DR ever mentions any of their problems.

Then again, given the Ni No fiasco and how Namco's still with them, I'm guessing DR probably works for next to nothing so it's probably very profitable for these companies.
even micro$oft uses digital river, apparently digital river is a big name in the e-commerce service world.

I gave up on DR. The time spent trying to solve these problems cost more than going to eBay placing a bid or buy out and waiting two days to get the item that you paid for. Also eBay is amazing for buyers, so if there is a problem they will more than gladly help you out. Yes you have to maybe pay ~20 - 25%  more than what the original price of the product but personally will pay the extra price to not deal with DR anymore after my two orders this year with them.

I gave up on DR. The time spent trying to solve these problems cost more than going to eBay placing a bid or buy out and waiting two days to get the item that you paid for. Also eBay is amazing for buyers, so if there is a problem they will more than gladly help you out. Yes you have to maybe pay ~20 - 25% more than what the original price of the product but personally will pay the extra price to not deal with DR anymore after my two orders this year with them.
If you want a copy of Theatrhythm I can order it for you. I'm ordering a couple of copies for myself so I wouldn't mind tacking on another order. I never have any issues with my SE orders through Digital River. Of course you would have to pay for shipping and what not but it's better than paying a premium on eBay.

If you want a copy of Theatrhythm I can order it for you. I'm ordering a couple of copies for myself so I wouldn't mind tacking on another order. I never have any issues with my SE orders through Digital River. Of course you would have to pay for shipping and what not but it's better than paying a premium on eBay.
Wow this is an amazing gesture, it is much appreciated and it goes to show that there are really good people out there. I have a pretty sizable personal collection on my end and I know that this is limited to only 5,000 copies but I think I am going to pass on it all together. I have never really played a Theatrhythm game before but have watched a few videos online and it just does not seem to be my style. Maybe down the road I will be beating myself up about not taking you up on your offer but for the time being I just don't see myself adding this to my collection. Again I appreciate the offer, now if this was say Kingdom Hearts 3 CE or FF 15 CE I would have said yes in a heart beat!

There are ways to go around it, if you dont mind not having it tied to your rewards, you can checkout as a guest, or if you do want it tied to your rewards, you could go in-store and order.

My main account got banned back when the Dark Souls 1 CE came out. I forgot to update my CC on the pre-order, so they cancelled the order and wont even let me use gift cards for the reasoning of "credit card security".
If you do an in-store WiS order you are billed immediately since the employee has to print out the order and scan it into the register for you to pay.

Wow this is an amazing gesture, it is much appreciated and it goes to show that there are really good people out there. I have a pretty sizable personal collection on my end and I know that this is limited to only 5,000 copies but I think I am going to pass on it all together. I have never really played a Theatrhythm game before but have watched a few videos online and it just does not seem to be my style. Maybe down the road I will be beating myself up about not taking you up on your offer but for the time being I just don't see myself adding this to my collection. Again I appreciate the offer, now if this was say Kingdom Hearts 3 CE or FF 15 CE I would have said yes in a heart beat!
Oh my gosh, I promise you that heads will ROLL if those end up being SE Store-exclusive. :headache:

I have a feelin they will be

That seems to be the trend now: LE's are through everyone, CE's direct from Square
I'm not so sure--while it's FF-themed, Theatrhythm isn't exactly a mainstream title, and Drakengard 3 is pretty niche in its own right, so SE would have to be completely brainless to assume people wouldn't preorder CEs for such hotly-anticipated, more mainstream titles like KH3 and FFXV at Gamestop/Amazon/Best Buy.

...Is it too much to hope? :pray:

Yeah no problem. I just read the amount of issues you had with all the other SE orders so I thought if you really wanted it I could help you out!

I'll put good money down that SE will have exclusive CEs for both FFXV and KH3. It just makes more sense for them to distribute them from their own stores and getting larger profits that way.

I'm not so sure--while it's FF-themed, Theatrhythm isn't exactly a mainstream title, and Drakengard 3 is pretty niche in its own right, so SE would have to be completely brainless to assume people wouldn't preorder CEs for such hotly-anticipated, more mainstream titles like KH3 and FFXV at Gamestop/Amazon/Best Buy.

...Is it too much to hope? :pray:
Yeah, but Lightning Returns and the FFX HD remake both had their CEs as Digital River exclusives as well. FFXIV on PS3 did too, though Amazon did end up getting the CE on PS4. I guess it could go either way, but if I were a betting man, I'd put money on both KH3 and FFXV having their CEs be Digital River exclusives. It would suck, but that's how it's probably going to be.

Except that one wasn't an SE-Store exclusive. If this Theatrhythm CE was available at GS, then I might have put down a preorder since I have a lot of credit to spend there, but I'm not willing to pay $70+shipping in cash when I can pay $31.99+tax in Best Buy GCs.
I put down for a pre-order just in case I change my mind, but I'm leaning towards just the first print LE instead at Best Buy. $50 is way too steep to pay for the extras, limited or not.

I put down for a pre-order just in case I change my mind, but I'm leaning towards just the first print LE instead at Best Buy. $50 is way too steep to pay for the extras, limited or not.
Fair warning: In the past, CAGs have reported difficulty in canceling orders made through SE's online store.

The Realm Reborn CE for PS3 was not a Square-Enix Store exclusive. I got mine on Amazon.
You're right, I actually remembered that one wrong. As a matter of fact, I think I got mine at Amazon too. That one was before they started making CEs exclusive to Digital River. Now that I think of it, Lightning Returns was the first Digital River-exclusive CE.

Fair warning: In the past, CAGs have reported difficulty in canceling orders made through SE's online store.
It takes more work to cancel or modify a Digital River order than it does a more reputable retailer such as Amazon, GameStop, or Best Buy, but its never been a huge problem to do for me, and I've cancelled a few things with them in the past.

I am, however, having some issues with one of my orders with them. I ordered the Dark Souls II CE from them when it went on sale on Memorial Day, and it said it should ship within 1-2 business days then. It's been 10 days now, and I haven't received any shipping notification or order updates on it yet. I called them a couple of days ago, and a CS rep with a heavy Indian accent told me the order was in the system but that he wasn't able to give me any kind of progress update on it.

Doesn't the CD Projekt Summer Conference start at 2pm EST?
It did. It's streaming now. The CE includes a steelbook, 200 page hardcover artbook, steel medallion, polystone statue and everything in the regular edition which includes a manual, map, soundtrack and guide to the world of the Witcher.

It did. It's streaming now. The CE includes a steelbook, 200 page hardcover artbook, steel medallion, polystone statue and everything in the regular edition which includes a manual, map, soundtrack and guide to the world of the Witcher.
Wuh-oh. If that's in the $100-$125 range and planned for US release, I'd get it from Best Buy. :pray:

how much?

Visual-W3-Collector-PS4-en.png

OH, MAAAAAAN :drool:

So after 20% off at best buy it would be $120 +tax. Hmmm I have $20 in reward certs and $11 on a gift card. So would come out to less then $100. Tempting very tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back