Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
My reorder of LR is out for delivery today.  My first order with strap still hasn't had anything happen with the cancellation request.  It has been a week and the cancellation isn't denied or approved.  Still just active with a request for cancel.  Has anybody gotten their order cancelled and refunded(if paypal)?

BS. I wanted to do a response video to Sony's "How to share PS4 games" with a "How to package a Bravely Default CE" if I had a good camera. Amazon sent my Jungle Book in a normal size DVD box and guess what, I could literally place the CE in that box for a perfect fit. It just blows my mind that they would pull this shit to save a buck on shipping. With everyone getting $10-50 back on their order, how's that working out for you Amazon? Idiots.

On a side note, got my LR:FF steel at Target and they only had ONE copy per system. This thing. unless restocked, will be super rare. Was able to get them to take $5 off instead of the GC because my store only got pre-order cards for 360. Dude tried to tell me it was a 360 only promotion at first until I fired back that other stores had only got the PS3 pre-order cards. Target just needs to have universal pre-order cards that cover all systems IMO.
Your copy of Jungle Book came in a box!?! Mine came in an envelope. Weird that they're so inconsistent.

Your copy of Jungle Book came in a box!?! Mine came in an envelope. Weird that they're so inconsistent.
Yep, a box big enough to house the CE and they padded it with packing paper. I was pretty furious because if they had just swapped the packing methods, I'd have both in perfect condition and nothing to complain about.

Update on Digital River and the Symphonia CE:

Somebody from their escalation team called me back this morning.  Had me verify my mailing and billing address, then took the new credit card info.  Just like that.  Of course I had to ask why it was like pulling teeth when I tried to do this through the normal number?  She explained that normally this isn't even an option; it's only because it's a pre-order that hasn't been released yet than I'm even allowed to do this.  She promised "coaching" would be received by the idiots morons f**kin retards I can't think of a nice way to put it.

I also asked her why, out of all the E-commerce sites on the Interwebznetz, Digital River is the only one that does not allow people to update their own card info.  She said it was to prevent fraud, where people would place an order and then change their card info... which... didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, because if you did that wouldn't your order just get cancelled when they tried unsuccessfully to bill it?  Plus why does Amazon, NISA, etc not seem to have this problem?  But then I decided, fine, I'm never going to get the answer I want to hear, and I've already wasted enough energy on this nonsense, just don't order from them again.

Surprise twist ending, they cancelled the old order and created a new one with the new card info.  Confirmations of both are in my inbox.  She also gave me her direct number, which I'm reluctant to just post here, but if anybody else is running into a wall trying to change their credit card info, if you drop me a PM and explain your situation, I'll see about passing the number along.

Lightning Returns CE was my first and will be my last ever pre-order with DR.

When you advertise RELEASE DAY DELIVERY and charge exorbitant shipping rates, you better be able to deliver. I ordered weeks ago and the item is still in transit with no timetable for delivery. Pathetic.

Won't be doing business with them again.

Lightning Returns CE was my first and will be my last ever pre-order with DR. When you advertise RELEASE DAY DELIVERY and charge exorbitant shipping rates, you better be able to deliver. I ordered weeks ago and the item is still in transit with no timetable for delivery. Pathetic. Won't be doing business with them again.
Heh, I feel your pain but I ended up with the opposite issue. I preordered a vanilla copy from Amazon because I ordered my CE with the cheapo shipping and fully expected it to arrive several days after release. Of course, it showed up yesterday anyway, so now I have an extra copy to return.

My addiction to collector's editions is really sickening. How am I even considering making another purchase from someone who uses DigitalRiver for shipping? That LR CE looks so sexy though.  :wall:

My addiction to collector's editions is really sickening. How am I even considering making another purchase from someone who uses DigitalRiver for shipping? That LR CE looks so sexy though. :wall:
It is. Buy it.

On another note it doesn't look like Squre is taking PayPal anymore (doesn't bother me because I always use my PayPal Mastercard Debit card).

It is. Buy it.

On another note it doesn't look like Squre is taking PayPal anymore (doesn't bother me because I always use my PayPal Mastercard Debit card).
Probably because their system for PayPal is stupid. The orders never show up in order history and it takes them forever to issue a refund if you paid with PayPal.

Yeah, when I was on the ohone with their support during making my order they strongly suggested not to use paypal.

Which frankly makes me doubt them even more. Paypal is the safe way to pay and they still fuck that up.

Yeah, when I was on the ohone with their support during making my order they strongly suggested not to use paypal.

Which frankly makes me doubt them even more. Paypal is the safe way to pay and they still fuck that up.
PayPal is the safe way to pay.... for 45 days after you submit payment.

I wouldn't preorder anything using it; the only time I do is with my BillMeLater line of credit because they occasionally offer incentives to use it on sites like eBay.

Typically I like to use my PayPal Debit Mastercard because I earn 1.5% back (Grandfathered program, I think it's 1% now) and I have PP protections for 45 days and MasterCard protections for much longer

stopped by the Target in Christiana Mall, Delaware to no sign of any Lightning Returns anywhere.  asking the guy there, they kept them locked up the cabinet.  looks like he had not sold one yet, 2 PS3 and 3 360 steelbooks remain.

PayPal is the safe way to pay.... for 45 days after you submit payment.

I wouldn't preorder anything using it; the only time I do is with my BillMeLater line of credit because they occasionally offer incentives to use it on sites like eBay.

Typically I like to use my PayPal Debit Mastercard because I earn 1.5% back (Grandfathered program, I think it's 1% now) and I have PP protections for 45 days and MasterCard protections for much longer
So you are continuing to enjoy 1.5%? That's nice, only card I have for 1.5% is quicksilver.

For the target LR steelbooks is that their standard edition? or do they also have the regular game + case?

Wow, I can agree with whoever said DigitalRiver's only good part was the packaging. Both my LR:FFXIII XE came in pristine condition. Going to see how Target is with the Steelbooks now

1% cashback on all purchases from Discover and then 5% deals on certain items / places during certain months of the year.
Oh yeah, I use Discover IT, Chase Sapphired Preferred and Chase Freedom for rotating categories. It's those categories that is not in any of my card's rotation that's the problem. I dare any CC to offer above 1.5% on non-rotating categories :booty:

1% cashback on all purchases from Discover and then 5% deals on certain items / places during certain months of the year.
Yeah except this is 1.5% all the time every day with no cap.

I would go discover but I hate the 5% back up to... and rotating categories BS.

I'll take the simple 1.5% combined with cashback sites any day. With the PP account it just looks at what I spent and puts 1.5% back as a deposit at the beginning of the next month. As I said earlier though I'm grandfathered in. It's now 1%.

Of course on sites like Amazon I use their card for 3% and BB I use their card for like 6%.

Anyways back on topic.

Tried to order "The Witch and..... LE" from the NIS store and despite entering my CC information correctly it said my charge couldn't be authorized to my card.

Which was cute because I now have a preauthorization charge against the funds on my account. I tried three times thinking I might have made a typo and now have several hundred dollars tied up in preauthorization charges. How can they say that the charge couldn't be authorized yet their is a hold against the funds?

I understand it'll drop off but it is extremely annoying.

I really hate using PayPal for preorders like this.

Stopped at Best Buy for a Titanfall controller to check, they had one left and it was in the back. Guy said they had 6 but 5 were pre-ordered. Was able to pick the last one up at least, have it in hand now and it looks nice

Stopped at Best Buy for a Titanfall controller to check, they had one left and it was in the back. Guy said they had 6 but 5 were pre-ordered. Was able to pick the last one up at least, have it in hand now and it looks nice
Wait.. the titanfall controller is available? I thought it was a March release?

Wait so am I missing something about the 3000 extra Tales of Symphonia CEs? Are there more up for preorder now somewhere? It's not on Amazon unless I missed out on them being put up there again. I want to preorder one at GS and I was wondering if they were just taking them in store or something.

Alright guys, I'm conflicted. I went to Target and got the last LR:FF steelbook they had. So in total I have 2 CE's and 1 Steelbook. Should i open the steelbook and the CE and sell off the vanilla copy or just open the Steelbook? Going to sell off the extra CE either way.

Alright guys, I'm conflicted. I went to Target and got the last LR:FF steelbook they had. So in total I have 2 CE's and 1 Steelbook. Should i open the steelbook and the CE and sell off the vanilla copy or just open the Steelbook? Going to sell off the extra CE either way.
The Steelbook wont fit into the CE package, so I opened my Steelbook and sold off the normal copy of LR (opened to get the dlc code) from the CE and will be playing out of the Steelbook. Then later, when the value of vanilla LR goes way down, I'll re-buy to fill back into my CE case.

Wait so am I missing something about the 3000 extra Tales of Symphonia CEs? Are there more up for preorder now somewhere? It's not on Amazon unless I missed out on them being put up there again. I want to preorder one at GS and I was wondering if they were just taking them in store or something.
From their twitter link.

It seems they immediately sold out as of Feb 6th. I can't find any post stating when they opened namco site for orders. I believe the CE sold out well before they even had a chance to announce, and instead just verified that it was sold out.

A bit bummed out myself, I thought I preordered the CE in my local GS last year - just for them to tell me that it was in fact the vanilla version today V_v.

So there is going to be a Sniper Elite 3 CE for $69.99 on PS4 (forgot to ask about other consoles) I have no idea what comes with it, but its available to preorder at Gamestop for $5!

So there is going to be a Sniper Elite 3 CE for $69.99 on PS4 (forgot to ask about other consoles) I have no idea what comes with it, but its available to preorder at Gamestop for $5!
Depends on what comes in it. Wanted SEv2 but never got it. Hopefully its worth it, and SE3 includes Nazi Zombie mode.

Depends on what comes in it. Wanted SEv2 but never got it. Hopefully its worth it, and SE3 includes Nazi Zombie mode.
GS got an exclusive Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 CE that was just a steelbook with extra DLC. If you preordered from them you also got the first game free (physical for PS3; download for 360).

That CE isn't really valuable or worth much. I have a sealed PS3 copy somewhere in my collection.

From their twitter link.

It seems they immediately sold out as of Feb 6th. I can't find any post stating when they opened namco site for orders. I believe the CE sold out well before they even had a chance to announce, and instead just verified that it was sold out.

A bit bummed out myself, I thought I preordered the CE in my local GS last year - just for them to tell me that it was in fact the vanilla version today V_v.
There weren't ever any additional pre-orders open after the additional 3,000 announcement. I had been checking the Namco site since the announcement and the only thing that has been stated on the listing is to check the facebook pages for availability and there haven't been any updates. Maybe the 18,000 number was just to fulfill preorders.

Either way, I'll be surprised if Amazon doesn't end up having some to sell on or around the release date due to cancellations or declined credit cards.

The LG Steelbook comes packaged with the game inside, it's not separate. They also carry the vanilla version as well.
Yeah it seems each Target got 3 Steelbook copies per system unless they had more than 3 preorders on a system.

Was at Walmart tonight and they were out of 360 copies w/Cloud DLC but still had PS3 copies so even that may be hard to get for free in a few weeks, depending on console choice in your local area.

Yeah it seems each Target got 3 Steelbook copies per system unless they had more than 3 preorders on a system.
Yea this seems to be the case for my local Target. There wasn't left when I stopped by today.

There weren't ever any additional pre-orders open after the additional 3,000 announcement. I had been checking the Namco site since the announcement and the only thing that has been stated on the listing is to check the facebook pages for availability and there haven't been any updates. Maybe the 18,000 number was just to fulfill preorders.

Either way, I'll be surprised if Amazon doesn't end up having some to sell on or around the release date due to cancellations or declined credit cards.
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check amazon near to launch. But, even if the additional 3k was to fulfill existing preorders, I simply don't understand the reasoning for namco to announce this information - if they weren't going address the claim.I guess we'll just find out closer to launch.

(Symphonia CE)

If you're really desperate you might also want to check Namco's Facebook page and their one for Tales. There will likely be some cancellations and declines from Pitiful River as well.

(Symphonia CE)

If you're really desperate you might also want to check Namco's Facebook page and their one for Tales. There will likely be some cancellations and declines from Pitiful River as well.
I've been checking their Facebook pages daily, and the bastards haven't mentioned it in forever, contrary to the message on the Namco/Bandai store. Still crossing my fingers like you said, though. I assume we'd see those drop the day of, right? Or would it be sooner, or later (how does this typically work)?

Yea this seems to be the case for my local Target. There wasn't left when I stopped by today.

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check amazon near to launch. But, even if the additional 3k was to fulfill existing preorders, I simply don't understand the reasoning for namco to announce this information - if they weren't going address the claim.I guess we'll just find out closer to launch.
I wasn't quite sure why they announced it, either, unless it was just because they advertised something as "limited to 15,000" units and wanted to be upfront to anyone buying it based on the low print run that they increased it.

I've been checking their Facebook pages daily, and the bastards haven't mentioned it in forever, contrary to the message on the Namco/Bandai store. Still crossing my fingers like you said, though. I assume we'd see those drop the day of, right? Or would it be sooner, or later (how does this typically work)?
From what I personally gather (and keep in mind I'm just a dude on the Internet) it may be briefly available again on or immediately after Feb 25th, once they actually do the billing and find out how many declined transactions and cancelled orders they end up with.

Also check Amazon, and you might call your local GameStops on the 25th/26th, just in case someone there doesn't pick up their pre-order.

Again for the benefit of anyone who missed it -- If your order is in danger of being cancelled because your credit card info has changed, and you can't get Digital River to change it, I have a direct number to an escalation team member who can probably help you. PM me and I'll pass it along. (They can't magically get you a copy if you haven't pre-ordered though. You need to have an existing order in their system first or they will not be able to help you.)

From what I personally gather (and keep in mind I'm just a dude on the Internet) it may be briefly available again on or immediately after Feb 25th, once they actually do the billing and find out how many declined transactions and cancelled orders they end up with.

Also check Amazon, and you might call your local GameStops on the 25th/26th, just in case someone there doesn't pick up their pre-order.

Again for the benefit of anyone who missed it -- If your order is in danger of being cancelled because your credit card info has changed, and you can't get Digital River to change it, I have a direct number to an escalation team member who can probably help you. PM me and I'll pass it along. (They can't magically get you a copy if you haven't pre-ordered though. You need to have an existing order in their system first or they will not be able to help you.)
GS holds preorders for 48 hours so earliest you could snatch a preorder not picked up is Thursday or Friday.

to whoever said the lightning returns: collectors edition would not hold the steelbook I'm guessing you have the ps3 version? I'd think it would fit fine in a 360 version.

I'd love to see some pics if you're willing. I want the FFX2 CE badly though I loathe digital river.
I'll post some when I get home from work.

to whoever said the lightning returns: collectors edition would not hold the steelbook I'm guessing you have the ps3 version? I'd think it would fit fine in a 360 version.
Yeah I don't know why they would say that. The 360 / PS3 steel book is the same size (G1) so it would fit in the CE box. I don't see the point in doing that because I would probably want to display my steelbook rather than tuck it away.

Any place offering a decent trade credit for LR: ff13? Don't wanna have two copies on my shelf.

Don't think I will use the Aerith DLC either. Seems like using that megaelixer in-game. Can't see a real need for it and it's kinda rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back