Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the unboxing of Elder Scrolls Online Collectors..the statue looks very impressive and so does that massive artbook!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-imperial-edition-unboxing

the elder scroll online imperial edition unboxing, you be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buN3sEQfJmc
I like that the guy seemed genuinely excited about the statue. And also seemed to understand the lore/source material.

I like that the guy seemed genuinely excited about the statue. And also seemed to understand the lore/source material.
Yeah, you could tell that they picked someone who is legitimately looking forward to getting the game

Well today marks businesses day 14 for not getting my Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collectors Edition. I called DR and they said the only thing they could do was refund my money and I could place another order online. I said well I don't want to order another one from you unless I get over night shipping and its free, they said that they could not do that and the only way that I would be able to have something like that offered would be if I placed another order and then called about the shipping cost to be refunded. I asked well do I have your guarantee that I can do that and you can refund my shipping and he said no. I just said refund me my order and I will just buy this off eBay because I really don't want to deal with DR anymore. 

For those that don't know the story: It shipped out on the 13th was lost in shipping and I knew it because nothing has been updated on Newgistics website since the 17th and USPS since the 14th. I called both placed and neither of them can locate it. Every advertisement shows that if you pre-order which I did the day they announced the CE that you were guaranteed release day delivery. I called DR multiple times and they wouldn't help until 14 business days have passed since the shipping. Newgistics started a case on it and are trying to find it still, should I just wait longer or just go to eBay/Amazon and buy one ?

Or should I just order from Square Enix website pick next day shipping and call and see what happens ? I mean pretty much eBay prices put them at $119 and if I order from DR again with one day shipping it is $109 with the chance of them refunding my shipping (probably not likely). 

Just would like some honest advice. 

FYI if anybody is still looking for SP: Stick of Truth CE it seems many GS's got a resupply of them last week. My store I shop at got 3 sent to them.

Well today marks businesses day 14 for not getting my Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collectors Edition. I called DR and they said the only thing they could do was refund my money and I could place another order online. I said well I don't want to order another one from you unless I get over night shipping and its free, they said that they could not do that and the only way that I would be able to have something like that offered would be if I placed another order and then called about the shipping cost to be refunded. I asked well do I have your guarantee that I can do that and you can refund my shipping and he said no. I just said refund me my order and I will just buy this off eBay because I really don't want to deal with DR anymore.

For those that don't know the story: It shipped out on the 13th was lost in shipping and I knew it because nothing has been updated on Newgistics website since the 17th and USPS since the 14th. I called both placed and neither of them can locate it. Every advertisement shows that if you pre-order which I did the day they announced the CE that you were guaranteed release day delivery. I called DR multiple times and they wouldn't help until 14 business days have passed since the shipping. Newgistics started a case on it and are trying to find it still, should I just wait longer or just go to eBay/Amazon and buy one ?

Or should I just order from Square Enix website pick next day shipping and call and see what happens ? I mean pretty much eBay prices put them at $119 and if I order from DR again with one day shipping it is $109 with the chance of them refunding my shipping (probably not likely).

For $10 (if they don't give you free shipping) I say screw SE/DR and get it off EBay. Then I would send a letter to SE about your experience and how now they aren't getting your money b/c of who they partner with for their website.

For $10 (if they don't give you free shipping) I say screw SE/DR and get it off EBay. Then I would send a letter to SE about your experience and how now they aren't getting your money b/c of who they partner with for their website.
Where would I even send a letter to ? I really would like to contact Square Enix directly and tell them about my experience. To bad you can not post anything on their Facebook and I do not have Twitter and never will.

Edit: I just ordered it off eBay for $99.00 buy out.

Anyone know why drakengard 3 collector's edition is still available for preorders from square enix's shop? I'm guessing my order will be cancelled, but maybe people cancelled their preorders?

So I just got an email from S-E saying that if you preorder FF XIV from them you'll get a "cloth poster".  Wondering if they'll retroactively apply this to existing orders, or if it would be safer to cancel & reorder.  :whistle2:k

I had no idea the FF-X CE was going for that much....guess thats one pre-order Im glad I didn't let amazon cancel(fun trick preorder stuff on an expired card and amazon still takes the preorder but if you forget about(like I often do) you don't charged and can then decided without having to look through 465464645 preorders)

Wished I bought over 9000 copies of lightning returns collector's edition. Goes for double or almost double the price nao.

So I just got an email from S-E saying that if you preorder FF XIV from them you'll get a "cloth poster". Wondering if they'll retroactively apply this to existing orders, or if it would be safer to cancel & reorder. :whistle2:k
Lol wonder if its the same one Gamestop gave out for the launch on PC/PS3

I had no idea the FF-X CE was going for that much....guess thats one pre-order Im glad I didn't let amazon cancel(fun trick preorder stuff on an expired card and amazon still takes the preorder but if you forget about(like I often do) you don't charged and can then decided without having to look through 465464645 preorders)
What are you talking about?

In Europe only. They aren't getting a physical copy of the game at all.
Does the NA collector's edition come with a physical copy?

Edit: Then it's just IGN trolling again. I read an article about the collector's edition on there, and they were all saying it only comes with a download code only. Orrrrr, my reading comprehension skills just suck. I don't know. The way they worded it was kind of confusing.

The Collector's Edition, details of which can be found below, has been created in direct response to complaints that a physical version of the upcoming action-RPG is only planned for release in North America. It's worth noting a physical version still won't be available and the Collector's Edition will only contain a PSN download code.

Square Enix has also clarified that it "is producing a similar Collector’s Edition in North America".

Does the NA collector's edition come with a physical copy?

Edit: Then it's just IGN trolling again. I read an article about the collector's edition on there, and they were all saying it only comes with a download code only. Orrrrr, my reading comprehension skills just suck. I don't know. The way they worded it was kind of confusing.

The Collector's Edition, details of which can be found below, has been created in direct response to complaints that a physical version of the upcoming action-RPG is only planned for release in North America. It's worth noting a physical version still won't be available and the Collector's Edition will only contain a PSN download code.

Square Enix has also clarified that it "is producing a similar Collector’s Edition in North America".
Just the European version.

It doesn't matter if it was digital or physical because you have to order it from DR and in that case you are more likely not ever going to get the order.

I am just praying that my Pre-Order gets to my house this time with Drakenguard CE.

It doesn't matter if it was digital or physical because you have to order it from DR and in that case you are more likely not ever going to get the order.

I am just praying that my Pre-Order gets to my house this time with Drakenguard CE.
I've been wrestling with deciding if I want to keep my Drakengard 3 CE and finally decided today to just cancel it. I'm moving soon and decided it wasn't even remotely worth the hassle of dealing with them. There's rumors play-asia may actually get it at some point (and considering that amazon now has the regular edition for preorder I'm cautiously optimistic) so I'll wait that one out.

I know this isn't a domestic release but for those who also love importing LEs, I thought I'd give you a heads-up on the Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds LE (Vita) that came out last month (after numerous delays). It doesn't come with a physical cart but a digital download code. I was surprised at how big this LE turned out to be when I got the package this morning. Here's a pic of the box (semi-thick slipcover, actually) and the book (the soundtrack CD is left in a tray box inside) for anyone who's still undecided about importing it. That's a 11x17 scanner underneath so you get the idea of its size. I personally think it's nice enough to make up for the absence of a cart.

phantom_breaker.jpg

Is it earbuds and a OST?

Quick Question: 

I pay for all my purchases with a PayPal MC Debit Card. Being extremely proactive re: Target hack (hint: sarcasm) PayPal mailed me a replacement card that I have to activate by 04/14 and I just recently received it.

I have preorders on Amazon and a few other site using the old card but those should be easy enough to update my billing information as all those site don't bill (not even preauthorization) until the items ship.

However the sites that worry me are:

NISA

Square Enix

I think NISA's CS is good enough where they could switch my billing information. I'm going to guess that Square is going to be a cluster fuck. I have just the Drakengard CE preordered at this time and I know it's available to order again but I'd like to keep the original order I placed over a month ago just in case they cancel newer orders due to inventory constraints.

Anyway to go about contacting them?

Lastly I know this is really off topic but anyway to figure out exactly what I companies bill me monthly on this account? I know a few off hand but I can never remember them all....

Is it earbuds and a OST?

Quick Question:

I pay for all my purchases with a PayPal MC Debit Card. Being extremely proactive re: Target hack (hint: sarcasm) PayPal mailed me a replacement card that I have to activate by 04/14 and I just recently received it.

I have preorders on Amazon and a few other site using the old card but those should be easy enough to update my billing information as all those site don't bill (not even preauthorization) until the items ship.

NISA

Square Enix

I think NISA's CS is good enough where they could switch my billing information. I'm going to guess that Square is going to be a cluster fuck. I have just the Drakengard CE preordered at this time and I know it's available to order again but I'd like to keep the original order I placed over a month ago just in case they cancel newer orders due to inventory constraints.

Lastly I know this is really off topic but anyway to figure out exactly what I companies bill me monthly on this account? I know a few off hand but I can never remember them all....
Nope. Earbuds and microfiber cloth. Oh and the collector's box. All for $12 more assuming MSRP is $39.99

Is it earbuds and a OST?

Quick Question:

NISA

Square Enix

For NISA, you can just give them a call and they should take care of things over the phone. That's what I did with mines when I needed to change my payment. As for Square, I'd suggest not calling because the only time I called them, shit took forever. I used this to send them an email. https://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/contact/ThemeID.29853700#bottomForm

They're probably going to tell you that you'll have to cancel the order and reorder because that's what happened to me.

Also, bought the Neptunia PP Collector's Edition. Seems a bit shit compared to all the other CE stuff and comes with a bunch of useless crap I'll never use, but whatever. I'm a sucker for those CE boxes and shit like that. Especially since it's only $12 more than the regular. Thanks for posting it :)

Wth my Elder Scrolls CE hasn't even shipped yet and I had release date delivery from Amazon.  I'm not even in a "shipping soon" status =\

Wth my Elder Scrolls CE hasn't even shipped yet and I had release date delivery from Amazon. I'm not even in a "shipping soon" status =\
That stinks... I've been on vacation but been following my e-mails and mine was billed Wed. Shipped Thur. and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Fri)

I did have to go into my orders a few weeks ago and reselect "2-day shipping" as my shipping method to get release date delivery. Prior to that it was showing a Monday or Tuesday estimated delivery date.

I have prime and have noticed with quite a few preorders that I'm required to do the above to get my orders to show RDD. Not sure why.

I cancelled all my Amazon pre-orders. Going to try my damndest not to order from them that much anymore. Just have not been satisfied with their service of late and instead of continuing to order from them and whine about it, I decided to just stop ordering from them. I'll probably still hit their site for Black Friday and holiday deals and whatnot and 3rd party sellers with good deals now and again.

The only reason I ever order from them a lot in the first place is because it's so seamless to pre-order and cancel orders from them. I usually like to lock in an order and decide if I want it until the item comes out.

Decision time: Would it be easier to place a new order for two Drakengard 3 CEs with my updated CC and cancel the original order through repeated attempts at calling in via phone, or just keep calling in to have the CC on my original order changed? :whistle2:k

On top of that, do I even want the CE anymore based on the somewhat lame preorder DLCs that have been revealed so far (Japanese VOs being the standout)? I guess I'll wait for the final wave to be revealed before I do anything else.

Decision time: Would it be easier to place a new order for two Drakengard 3 CEs with my updated CC and cancel the original order through repeated attempts at calling in via phone, or just keep calling in to have the CC on my original order changed? :whistle2:k

On top of that, do I even want the CE anymore based on the somewhat lame preorder DLCs that have been revealed so far (Japanese VOs being the standout)? I guess I'll wait for the final wave to be revealed before I do anything else.
Well if you place a new order using a new CC you won't have to cancel the old order... as the pending charge would have fallen off after 2-5 business days and they'd be unable to charge it again once the new card was activating (assuming the old one expired).

I'd in the same boat and while I'd like to keep the original order by switching the CC information I think the second route would be easiest

Well if you place a new order using a new CC you won't have to cancel the old order... as the pending charge would have fallen off after 2-5 business days and they'd be unable to charge it again once the new card was activating (assuming the old one expired).

I'd in the same boat and while I'd like to keep the original order by switching the CC information I think the second route would be easiest
Good point, thanks. Now I have to decide whether to preorder now or wait for the final preorder wave's unveiling (next week?) and hope SE doesn't run out of CEs before then...

I've ordered the Elder Scrolls Online CE from Amazon and it's still not shipped.  The order has release day delivery, and I have Prime.  

This morning I was able to place 2 orders on Best Buy site and they are both now at Preparing for Shipment.  Saved $20 on each with GCU.  Hope these will ship without problems.  Lately I've been having better success ordering CE from Best Buy than Amazon, starting with Bravely Default LE.  

I've ordered the Elder Scrolls Online CE from Amazon and it's still not shipped. The order has release day delivery, and I have Prime.

This morning I was able to place 2 orders on Best Buy site and they are both now at Preparing for Shipment. Saved $20 on each with GCU. Hope these will ship without problems. Lately I've been having better success ordering CE from Best Buy than Amazon, starting with Bravely Default LE.
Are the orders on Amazon being handled by Amazon, or are they being shipped via a 3rd party vendor? I bought Amazon Prime and its been worth every penny so far. The only time I have issues with Amazon orders is when I buy from a 3rd party on the site.

Well today marks businesses day 14 for not getting my Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collectors Edition.
Damn, dude. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

It's up to you if you want to wait longer. Worst case scenario, you end up with two and can sit on the extra for a few years, maybe the value will go up. I definitely would NOT re-order from DR again unless you want to take another chance of the exact same thing happening. Personally I would get it through Amazon because I hate eBay even worse than I hate Pitiful River, but that's just me. Make sure you contact the seller in advance and ask them to package the game in an actual cardboard carton. (Way too many people think those flimsy bubble envelopes are an impenetrable shield, or they just don't care.)

Well today marks businesses day 14 for not getting my Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Collectors Edition. I called DR and they said the only thing they could do was refund my money and I could place another order online. I said well I don't want to order another one from you unless I get over night shipping and its free, they said that they could not do that and the only way that I would be able to have something like that offered would be if I placed another order and then called about the shipping cost to be refunded. I asked well do I have your guarantee that I can do that and you can refund my shipping and he said no. I just said refund me my order and I will just buy this off eBay because I really don't want to deal with DR anymore.

For those that don't know the story: It shipped out on the 13th was lost in shipping and I knew it because nothing has been updated on Newgistics website since the 17th and USPS since the 14th. I called both placed and neither of them can locate it. Every advertisement shows that if you pre-order which I did the day they announced the CE that you were guaranteed release day delivery. I called DR multiple times and they wouldn't help until 14 business days have passed since the shipping. Newgistics started a case on it and are trying to find it still, should I just wait longer or just go to eBay/Amazon and buy one ?

I had the exact same issue with the Lightning Returns CE.

It showed being shipped, but UPS site never updated anything, est. delivery date, or it's current location. After a week, I called DR and they said the same thing they told you; to wait 14 business days after that shipment notification.

I thought there was really nothing I could do until then, since they couldn't take action until then, so I waited. After a few more days, I got an email that said they had some sort of error in their shipping, and it got lost or rerouted (I forget). Basically they messed up something on their end.

They finally shipped it to me with a $20 discount off the CE, and applied free shipping on my order. I was in no hurry to get it since I already picked up the Steelbook version from Target, so I considered myself lucky I saved money on the screwup.

Damn, dude. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

It's up to you if you want to wait longer. Worst case scenario, you end up with two and can sit on the extra for a few years, maybe the value will go up. I definitely would NOT re-order from DR again unless you want to take another chance of the exact same thing happening. Personally I would get it through Amazon because I hate eBay even worse than I hate Pitiful River, but that's just me. Make sure you contact the seller in advance and ask them to package the game in an actual cardboard carton. (Way too many people think those flimsy bubble envelopes are an impenetrable shield, or they just don't care.)

I had the exact same issue with the Lightning Returns CE.

It showed being shipped, but UPS site never updated anything, est. delivery date, or it's current location. After a week, I called DR and they said the same thing they told you; to wait 14 business days after that shipment notification.

I thought there was really nothing I could do until then, since they couldn't take action until then, so I waited. After a few more days, I got an email that said they had some sort of error in their shipping, and it got lost or rerouted (I forget). Basically they messed up something on their end.

They finally shipped it to me with a $20 discount off the CE, and applied free shipping on my order. I was in no hurry to get it since I already picked up the Steelbook version from Target, so I considered myself lucky I saved money on the screwup.
I ended up buying on off eBay with a 14 day return policy for $99.99, it was unopened and everything. I ordered it on the 1st and its out for delivery and will be at my house when I am off work today on the 4th. I received free 2 day priority shipping, so its not that bad.

Another note on DR gave me a refund of my order. When they sent over the refund they didn't refund me my tax, so I had to call them again and ask them to refund my tax. I was on hold for 20 minuets until they finally said they would refund that to me too. They are unreal and after my Drakengard CE order arrives, if it ever does I will not be placing another order with them ever again.

Looks like Drakengard 3 CE is back in stock at SE.
I have an order out there for the Drakengard CE but I picked 5-7 day shipping on it, just like I did for my Final Fantasy X/X-2 CE and it never arrived. Wonder if I should just place another order for this and have two chances of getting one, with faster shipping this time around. Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Wow, what's up with the Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition? My Best Buy in store pick order says "Order Status:: Order line status is not available" and although I didn't get a pick up email today, just to be sure, I stopped by the store on the way home from work--they claim the game did not come out today (lol). I checked the shelves and didn't see any regular or imperial edition copies on the shelves.

Any insight as to what's going on? Clearly people are acquiring the game.... I'm in New England, FWIW.

Wow, what's up with the Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition? My Best Buy in store pick order says "Order Status:: Order line status is not available" and although I didn't get a pick up email today, just to be sure, I stopped by the store on the way home from work--they claim the game did not come out today (lol). I checked the shelves and didn't see any regular or imperial edition copies on the shelves.

Any insight as to what's going on? Clearly people are acquiring the game.... I'm in New England, FWIW.
i didnt get a pick up email today either but went after work and picked mine up so your best buy must be pretty crappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back