Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I fucking hate CAG 3.0

it's full of dudes wondering if their are revolving charges on BB preorders because they have less then $50 in their bank account and they think the best way to increase their bank roll is by jumping on price mistakes of games they won't even play so that they can try and squeeze the retailer into giving out derrrrr "compensation" as if they were wronged in some shape or fashion.

These same dudes wouldn't know half of these games existed if attention seeking fuck twats didn't pull each and every announcement out of here or similar threads and post them on their own so they can be scooped up and reposted across deal sites.

That's not entirely the case bucko, in America it's called capitalism. For what you just described, all resellers(or I don't know low-on-funds collectors?) are somehow spoiled and immature. Dishonest? I'd call it the widely accepted buy low, sell high business strategy. Let's face it, ALL retailers do this in obscene amounts everyday, yet you call the little people; who might not be financially well-off like some others, spoiled or immature?! Sounds like you might be talking about yourself incidentally.
Going out of your way to find deals, then flipping those items at a profit requires time and effort. Calling up a company and complaining to get things you don't deserve is more akin to a physically able and healthy person collecting welfare because they don't feel like working. I don't know if you misread what he said, or if you're comparing the two and deeming them the same beast. I flip all the time. Not just video games. I make a few $100 extra a month sometimes. I never once in my life complained to someone to get something free though. I've probably contacted CS less than five times, across all the websites I've used, and those were for legitimate complaints regarding items shipped in the wrong quantity, or other similar issues.

I fucking hate CAG 3.0

it's full of dudes wondering if their are revolving charges on BB preorders because they have less then $50 in their bank account and they think the best way to increase their bank roll is by jumping on price mistakes of games they won't even play so that they can try and squeeze the retailer into giving out derrrrr "compensation" as if they were wronged in some shape or fashion.

These same dudes wouldn't know half of these games existed if attention seeking fuck twats didn't pull each and every announcement out of here or similar threads and post them on their own so they can be scooped up and reposted across deal sites.
Jeez man, I never cared about those rotating charges or felt entitled to my order, which is why I called Best Buy about to CANCEL my order during which the man on the phone kindly told me not to worry about it and honored the order even though cancellation made more sense.

I did this because P:Q is canon and my cats scratched up my persona 4 solid gold foam case. Not for the money for which I have more than enough. My parents taught me to be honest when dealing with customer service and nothing I did was deceptive despite other people's insinuations.

Wow, they are really going out. Normally in the Tampa area its maybe 2 stores within a 30mi radius that do midnight releaes, but it looks like every store in 40mi is doing a midnight opening.
Except the Brandon store. :/

It's whatever I need to go to work that day anyways.

Going out of your way to find deals, then flipping those items at a profit requires time and effort. Calling up a company and complaining to get things you don't deserve is more akin to a physically able and healthy person collecting welfare because they don't feel like working. I don't know if you misread what he said, or if you're comparing the two and deeming them the same beast. I flip all the time. Not just video games. I make a few $100 extra a month sometimes. I never once in my life complained to someone to get something free though. I've probably contacted CS less than five times, across all the websites I've used, and those were for legitimate complaints regarding items shipped in the wrong quantity, or other similar issues.
I apologize for mentioning the flipping when it had little place in what I meant to say.

Why must you assume I made any complaints to customer service? You want to talk to the rep I spoke to? I didn't call demanding anything, I called expecting cancellation and ended up with the guy honoring the order without as much as two words from my end. I'm not the type to throw a fit with any store clerk/rep for any reason and I haven't, but what is worth it to prove the type of person I am outside of a paragraph that leads to the assumption of me being an entitled millenial. Thank you.

I've been downright screwed by Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop,and Digital River and what did I do? I emailed customer service, politely got ignored or told to deal with it. This is just one of the very rare times where customer service actually occurred and people point the finger at the one who didn't half-ass html.

- DESTINY - 

You can get a sense of how big the game is by how many midnight openings there will be for the game, especially if it's from a retailer (other than Gamestop) such as Best Buy which doesn't happen often in any given year.  Even having a midnight release at BB is something to take notice of.

This game will be big, especially spanning both last and current gen consoles.  The last midnight opening I went to was for GTA V, and that one was nuts (it was a very small Gamestop as well), and GTA V was only for two consoles.  Then again, GTA is an established franchise.

I think the release timing also helps it a lot.  The alpha, beta and full game come at a time when there aren't many games releasing.  It has the spotlight all it itself.  They give out Alpha / Beta keys freely so word of mouth spreads, one person tells his friend to check it out.

To get back on the thread topic, I don't think they will produce anymore Ghost Editions.  Ironically, the Limited Edition I can see them making more of, but the truly limited edition will be the Ghost.  Whether the game rebounds from the games in October/November remains to be seen.  We'll have a better idea of the hype after the Beta is finished.  

Right now though, Activision is executing everything perfectly.

I apologize for mentioning the flipping when it had little place in what I meant to say.

Why must you assume I made any complaints to customer service? You want to talk to the rep I spoke to? I didn't call demanding anything, I called expecting cancellation and ended up with the guy honoring the order without as much as two words from my end. I'm not the type to throw a fit with any store clerk/rep for any reason and I haven't, but what is worth it to prove the type of person I am outside of a paragraph that leads to the assumption of me being an entitled millenial. Thank you.

I've been downright screwed by Best Buy, Amazon, Gamestop,and Digital River and what did I do? I emailed customer service, politely got ignored or told to deal with it. This is just one of the very rare times where customer service actually occurred and people point the finger at the one who didn't half-ass html.
I wasn't making an assumption about you. I was just speaking in a generalized manner about those that actually do it. I didn't have any specific individuals in mind when I made my comment. I've seen a lot of people throughout my time on this website and slickdeals talking about how they've complained to amazon, or some other company, and gotten free credit, free cables etc. They're the people I'm talking about.

The problem with the compilation threads is that they get dominated with banter and chat regarding one item. Like how the last 4 or 5 days is all Persona and talk about who think who was in the right and who think who was inthe wrong. The individual threads for eveything makes it much better. The discussion about the thirty dollar gift card should be kept in the Persona thread.

- DESTINY -

You can get a sense of how big the game is by how many midnight openings there will be for the game, especially if it's from a retailer (other than Gamestop) such as Best Buy which doesn't happen often in any given year. Even having a midnight release at BB is something to take notice of.

This game will be big, especially spanning both last and current gen consoles. The last midnight opening I went to was for GTA V, and that one was nuts (it was a very small Gamestop as well), and GTA V was only for two consoles. Then again, GTA is an established franchise.

I think the release timing also helps it a lot. The alpha, beta and full game come at a time when there aren't many games releasing. It has the spotlight all it itself. They give out Alpha / Beta keys freely so word of mouth spreads, one person tells his friend to check it out.

To get back on the thread topic, I don't think they will produce anymore Ghost Editions. Ironically, the Limited Edition I can see them making more of, but the truly limited edition will be the Ghost. Whether the game rebounds from the games in October/November remains to be seen. We'll have a better idea of the hype after the Beta is finished.

Activision has also done this numerous times with COD launches, so they know what they are doing for the hype.

To get back on the thread topic, I don't think they will produce anymore Ghost Editions. Ironically, the Limited Edition I can see them making more of, but the truly limited edition will be the Ghost. Whether the game rebounds from the games in October/November remains to be seen. We'll have a better idea of the hype after the Beta is finished.

Based on the track record of Activision and Bungie, I believe there will be more Ghost Editions allotted. When have you ever known of a Halo or COD top edition to sell out? My theory is they will release more stock during/after the beta. I want to believe that they thought about it and truly made it limited to make more $ down the road - a grand experiment, if you will. But we know that a butt-load of money is going into the development of Destiny and its already planned sequels; and we know Activision loves money. And with COD on the wain, they need another big blockbuster franchise to make headlines and push stock price, etc, etc. Chances are the initial allotment was just a feeler for consumer interest, or a new move to get people salivating for a Ghost Edition.

Based on the track record of Activision and Bungie, I believe there will be more Ghost Editions allotted. When have you ever known of a Halo or COD top edition to sell out? My theory is they will release more stock during/after the beta. I want to believe that they thought about it and truly made it limited to make more $ down the road - a grand experiment, if you will. But we know that a butt-load of money is going into the development of Destiny and its already planned sequels; and we know Activision loves money. And with COD on the wain, they need another big blockbuster franchise to make headlines and push stock price, etc, etc. Chances are the initial allotment was just a feeler for consumer interest, or a new move to get people salivating for a Ghost Edition.
Anything is possible. In fact, there was a weird note in a European article I was reading yesterday on a website that I can't find now that basically said Bungie is considering a second run of the LE and Ghost Edition but hasn't made a decision yet. The only potential barrier would be the fact that release is less than 2 months away and some of those components probably required quite a bit of lead time from China.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Activision made more Ghost Editions -- they don't seem like one to turn down possible revenue.  They just want to generate the "feeling" of scarcity at this moment.

It could definitely be that they are limiting the Ghost Editions, until AFTER the Beta, after which hype could reach a fever-pitch, and then suddenly there are more on sale to be sold.  Smart tactic to stagger the allotment (one set for immediately after announcement, and another after Beta).  There are still two months left, I dunno if they have started producing them yet.

I am not familiar with their track record on CEs/LEs, but I guess time will tell if they are anything like Ubisoft with their CEs/LEs.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Activision made more Ghost Editions -- they don't seem like one to turn down possible revenue. They just want to generate the "feeling" of scarcity at this moment.
Isn't this game costing $500 million to make? I'd imagine they'd want all the sales they can get

Isn't this game costing $500 million to make? I'd imagine they'd want all the sales they can get
LOL no, it did not cost them $500 million to make. The budget is $500 million, but that includes marketing, advertising, and future projects for the next 10 years.

[quote name="baboonfreak" post="11926931" timestamp="1405454833"]Isn't this game costing $500 million to make? I'd imagine they'd want all the sales they can get[/quote]
My friend knows a guy whos next door neighbors uncle works at bungie and he said no.

They will need as much profit as they can from this first round to ensure they can keep building on the game. More CE's!

Cleaned out my closet and found tales of symphonia ce and final fantasy 14 ce (ps4) both sealed if anyone wants them for cost + shipping

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and the PS4 FFXIV came out not that too long ago. When you say you found them, it almost implies that you forgot you had them. So soon?

Knew that I had them. Got an extra ToS when amazon had that small restock a month or wherever later. I knew people had a hard time finding them so figured I'd see if anyone wanted them while I have them out

Sadly i only put my $5 down in store on the original "premium edition" SKU so I don't think there's really anything they'd do for me other than switch the $5 over to the right sku (which I could just do in store anyways).

Considering I've already seen them shut down stores near me (with quite a few people I knew not getting transferred & losing their jobs) I really don't have it in me to call and complain to get an extra $30. 

[quote name="Autosaver" post="11931632" timestamp="1405583991"]Are they doing this site-wide now or what? Seems like a lot of people went through a huge hassle to call and get it switched.[/quote]
I just called and asked about the weirdness in my order they offered to switch it at that price if I still wanted it.

I was fine with cancelling it, but they offered to switch it before I could so I said yes.

just got an email from walmart saying they cancelled my order for the ghost edition, so heads up to anyone who ordered, you might get cancelled.

I got mine cancelled the first 2 mins after I ordered because of "payment error" whatever the hell that meant.

Just a heads up, looks like Best Buy won't be getting the Premium Edition of The Order 1886.  So if you want that one, the only places that seem to have it is Gamestop and Amazon.

Premium has all the things the Collector's Edition has, plus:

- Blackwater Vial with Chain

- Art Book with hidden compartment

- a very nice Premium Edition Box

It also switches out 7-inch 'Galahad Under Fire' Statue for the 13-inch 'Galahad vs Lycan' Statue.

It's also $70 more than the CE.

Standard - $60

Collector's - $80

Premium - $150

Source: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/The-Order-1886-Premium-Editon/m-p/825470

Just a heads up, looks like Best Buy won't be getting the Premium Edition of The Order 1886. So if you want that one, the only places that seem to have it is Gamestop and Amazon.

Premium has all the things the Collector's Edition has, plus:
- Blackwater Vial with Chain
- Art Book with hidden compartment
- a very nice Premium Edition Box

It also switches out 7-inch 'Galahad Under Fire' Statue for the 13-inch 'Galahad vs Lycan' Statue.
It's also $70 more than the CE.

Standard - $60
Collector's - $80
Premium - $150

Source: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/The-Order-1886-Premium-Editon/m-p/825470
Happy with my CE at the standard price. All I wanted is the steel book as neither statue look great and I will sell seperate.

As much as I want to get the the CE or Premium of The Order, I don't even have a PS4 yet. Might just hold off and hope for discounts down the road.

Guess I will keep my prime preorder from Amazon then. Will post thoughts on it when I receive it so some of you can decide to whether to buy it or not. For me, the CE statue is too small, and the pose is too static. The artbook looks cool with the secret compartment.

Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack coming for PS4 for $75

For the first time in four years, the series will make its return with Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4, launching October 21st.

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Samurai Warriors, we are thrilled to announce the collector’s edition, “Samurai Warriors 4: Special Anime Pack”. It includes the anime “Samurai Warriors: Legend of the Sanada,” the official soundtrack for the game and lots of DLC content we hope you’ll enjoy!
14698287576_de6e67a9dd_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/23/samurai-warriors-4-special-anime-pack-coming-to-ps4-1021/#sf3821821

Got my $30 GC for Persona Q and used it in store no problem on something else, I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order though.  The case looks like a walking weeaboo advertisement and I'd be way too embarrassed to show it anywhere, plus I really like the black leather 3DS xl case I already have.   Its also available still everywhere, doubt its gonna sell out.

I mean look at this thing

91agCM0KJBL._SL1500_.jpg

Got my $30 GC for Persona Q and used it in store no problem on something else, I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order though. The case looks like a walking weeaboo advertisement and I'd be way too embarrassed to show it anywhere
Guess u aren't fabulous like the rest of us CAG

Got my $30 GC for Persona Q and used it in store no problem on something else, I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order though. The case looks like a walking weeaboo advertisement and I'd be way too embarrassed to show it anywhere, plus I really like the black leather 3DS xl case I already have. Its also available still everywhere, doubt its gonna sell out.

I mean look at this thing

91agCM0KJBL._SL1500_.jpg
So you stole from best buy then?

Got my $30 GC for Persona Q and used it in store no problem on something else, I think I'm going to cancel my pre-order though. The case looks like a walking weeaboo advertisement and I'd be way too embarrassed to show it anywhere, plus I really like the black leather 3DS xl case I already have. Its also available still everywhere, doubt its gonna sell out.
You're more of scumbag than G.G. Allin and that's saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back