Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dubleo']Somebody definitely lost their mind. JRPG fans don't like such music( in general).... but not only that , it sounds horrible.[/QUOTE]

no sense of humor =[

[quote name='havuk']are gs and bb offering somethine not available elsewhere??[/QUOTE]

FFXIII-2: GS - Alternate costume for Serah, in addition PUR Pro members get a DLC code for the Genji Bow; BB - Exclusive book linking the story between XIII and XIII-2. Book from BB is not a pre-order only bonus, it comes with all first print run copies.

SCV: GS - free bobblehead of one of the characters - IVY; BB - Exclusive in-game character - Le Bello. Once again for BB, not a pre-order only bonus but packaged with first print run copies.

I have both preordered at GS b/c I have plenty of credit but want the extra character for SC5 as opposed to a bobblehead so may have to switch that. Also thanks to points, I will be getting NG3CE with $25 off from points so at $75 using credit its worth it to me b/c it looks pretty good.

[quote name='havuk']are gs and bb offering somethine not available elsewhere??[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Gamestop is giving some Ivy Bobblehead for Soul Calibur 5 (Lol), while Best Buy is giving the Danpierre downloadable character (From the PSP games, who was quite awesome).

And for FF13 Gamestop is giving a Serah Costume/Weapon, Best Buy is just giving some hardcover story book, and Amazon is giving an Omega DLC Recruit/Battle.

Would have went with Omega instead of the DLC Costumes, but i hear Omega isnt even that great and cant be recruited till pretty late. (And will probably be released as DLC later)

Eh, I want Serah's swimsuit anyways, which isn't a preorder bonus. Because of that outfit, I don't really care about GameStop's. So I'm on the fence about ordering it from Amazon for Omega.

[quote name='PatelKing']FFXIII-2: GS - Alternate costume for Serah, in addition PUR Pro members get a DLC code for the Genji Bow; BB - Exclusive book linking the story between XIII and XIII-2. Book from BB is not a pre-order only bonus, it comes with all first print run copies.[/QUOTE]Not that I don't believe you, but can you confirm this? This is the first I've heard that the book isn't a preorder bonus. :cry: That might affect where I get my FFXIII-2 CE.

I think you misunderstood, though maybe we do need clarification. Pretty sure he meant that you'll get the book at best buy even if you didn't pre-order, but it's only for the first-print copies from best buy.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I think you misunderstood, though maybe we do need clarification. Pretty sure he meant that you'll get the book at best buy even if you didn't pre-order, but it's only for the first-print copies from best buy.[/QUOTE]No, I understood that the book was only with first-print copies from BBY, it's just that one of the reasons I pre-ordered from there was that I thought the book was the better pre-order bonus due to being a physical item that might become one of the rarer pre-order bonuses. If all first-print copies at BBY have the book, though, it becomes a far less appealing "bonus" to me (especially since you can just read the contents of the book online for free).

Thanks everyone for the latest posts. I pre-ordered SC5 LE and FF13-2 LE at Bestbuy (had $35 in certificates) and the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 LE at NISA (had $10 certificate from last year about to expire). Cant wait for these games!

[quote name='Vigilante']Not that I don't believe you, but can you confirm this? This is the first I've heard that the book isn't a preorder bonus. :cry: That might affect where I get my FFXIII-2 CE.[/QUOTE]
I think he meant that all first run copies that are going to best buy will contain the pre-order bonus. Since the first run copies of games that go to best buy usually contain the pre-order bonus inside the games packaging. Normally gamestop has the pre-order dlc code on the receipt and amazon emails the pre-order dlc code. But best buy has some special arrangement where the pre-order dlc code is packaged inside the game from the factory.

Even though final fantasy viii-2 pre-order bonus is a physical item, it is still going to be packaged with the game. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat255600050009&type=category&h=403

Me personally, I don't think the book is worth it content wise... https://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.com/episode-i/

Rather save on tax/gas/use the $10 credit toward the collectors edition guide that is going for $20.99 @ amazon.

My plan for this quarter of games:
FFXIII-2, SC5, NG, BBE, Neptunia, ME3

Total: $460
Credit/GC: $161

Grand Total: $299

I think I'll be holding out on the capcom CEs since those tend to be more common.

Anyone know what happened to the FFXIII-2 steelbook group buys? Seems like it just fell off the face of the planet

Aw man, now that I'm looking at the OP closely, I'm tempted by the SC5 and HN Mk2 CEs, even though (1) I don't play fighters and (2) Mk2 doesn't interest me after I watched some gameplay videos.

They just look so darn cool...

I really wish I knew Kingdoms of Amular was going to be a game I would love. That $80 set with the dice set/dice bag is something I would of really wanted.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I really wish I knew Kingdoms of Amular was going to be a game I would love. That $80 set with the dice set/dice bag is something I would of really wanted.[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly. Does anyone know if this is an EA store exclusive? I generally feel single store exclusives mean there's a higher chance it will be gone and sell out (e.g. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) but then there are both the Warhammer 40k and Dead Rising 2 exlcusive CEs that while good obviously haven't gone out of stock from their rspective company stores.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I really wish I knew Kingdoms of Amular was going to be a game I would love. That $80 set with the dice set/dice bag is something I would of really wanted.[/QUOTE]

Demo out on the 17th... Same boat with you all.

Also in the same boat. Kingdoms of Amalur looks awesome from everything I've seen but dropping $90 (with shipping) seems like a lot when I'm not sure how good it actually is. My instincts tell me to do it or I'll regret it but I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money right now when it's not a sure thing.

The real problem I have is that I've seen a lot of video for the combat and such but what about the exploration, story, and other aspects of the game? I dont want to spend 50+ hours running around beating up bad guys gaining more abilities along the way. I hope there's more to it than that.

[quote name='htz']Even though final fantasy viii-2 pre-order bonus is a physical item, it is still going to be packaged with the game.[/QUOTE]

So it's a game starting Selphie? Squall and Rinoa are dead?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Demo out on the 17th... Same boat with you all.[/QUOTE]
Hmm forgot about the demo. I will have to try that one. I mean it's made by some of the Morrowind guys so I think it could be on par with Skyrim or at least as good as Dragon Age 1.

I will have to see and make a final judgement. I would be buying it for PC so it would be a solid $90 investment with no returns for me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Added Phantom Breaker LE:

Phantom Breaker - Limited Edition (360)

Includes:

• Mini Strategy guide
  • Desk Calendar
  • 2 Double-sided Posters
Release: 02/28/2012
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Newegg[/QUOTE]

I don't know what it is, but I want it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Added Phantom Breaker LE:

Phantom Breaker - Limited Edition (360)

57576098.jpg

Includes:

• Mini Strategy guide
  • Desk Calendar
  • 2 Double-sided Posters
Release: 02/28/2012
Price: $39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Newegg[/QUOTE]

Day 1 buy

Heads up for anyone interested in the Max Payne 3 Special Edition: the last day to pre-order anywhere according to rockstar is the 15th, which is tomorrow, so put in your orders now D;

Debating on which CE of FFXIII-2 to buy the bf for his birthday...does anyone know when you get to fight omega to add him to the party? That dlc would be pretty much a waste in my mind if you end up fighting him near the end of the game, and the best buy novel is online already on most websites so BB is out. Thanks for the info if anyone knows!

[quote name='TheFirst109']Debating on which CE of FFXIII-2 to buy the bf for his birthday...does anyone know when you get to fight omega to add him to the party? That dlc would be pretty much a waste in my mind if you end up fighting him near the end of the game, and the best buy novel is online already on most websites so BB is out. Thanks for the info if anyone knows![/QUOTE]

Eh, from what I've heard, he can be challenged earlier on. He's in a special colloseum that only has DLC creatures fightable in it and is near impossible to beat at earlier points. So it's more of a later-game thing.

I decided to hold out on FFXIII-2 for now....the first one was just okay to me and I don't really need the soundtrack or artbook for now, if it drops in price then I may pick one up but no big loss. I am going to pick up the CE's of SoulCalibur, SFxT, and ME3 for sure, I've always been a fan of CE's when it comes to a game I was going to get anyways.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not that I don't believe you, but can you confirm this? This is the first I've heard that the book isn't a preorder bonus. :cry: That might affect where I get my FFXIII-2 CE.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panzerfaust']I think you misunderstood, though maybe we do need clarification. Pretty sure he meant that you'll get the book at best buy even if you didn't pre-order, but it's only for the first-print copies from best buy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']No, I understood that the book was only with first-print copies from BBY, it's just that one of the reasons I pre-ordered from there was that I thought the book was the better pre-order bonus due to being a physical item that might become one of the rarer pre-order bonuses. If all first-print copies at BBY have the book, though, it becomes a far less appealing "bonus" to me (especially since you can just read the contents of the book online for free).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htz']I think he meant that all first run copies that are going to best buy will contain the pre-order bonus. Since the first run copies of games that go to best buy usually contain the pre-order bonus inside the games packaging. Normally gamestop has the pre-order dlc code on the receipt and amazon emails the pre-order dlc code. But best buy has some special arrangement where the pre-order dlc code is packaged inside the game from the factory.

Even though final fantasy viii-2 pre-order bonus is a physical item, it is still going to be packaged with the game. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat255600050009&type=category&h=403

Me personally, I don't think the book is worth it content wise... https://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.com/episode-i/

Rather save on tax/gas/use the $10 credit toward the collectors edition guide that is going for $20.99 @ amazon.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so the reason I said first print run copies is because historically, with past preorders that have items packaged in/with the game, you see a bunch on the shelf that are not preorders. Its the normal first shipment. Examples that come to mind: Mortal Kombat (sub-zero), LOTR: WITN.

If you look at the pages for both FF XIII-2 and SCV, both games say that the exclusive bonuses come packaged with the game and nothing about it being a pre-order only bonus. Both items state "while supplies last." Hope this helps to clarify.

[quote name='PatelKing']Ok, so the reason I said first print run copies is because historically, with past preorders that have items packaged in/with the game, you see a bunch on the shelf that are not preorders. Its the normal first shipment. Examples that come to mind: Mortal Kombat (sub-zero), LOTR: WITN.

If you look at the pages for both FF XIII-2 and SCV, both games say that the exclusive bonuses come packaged with the game and nothing about it being a pre-order only bonus. Both items state "while supplies last." Hope this helps to clarify.[/QUOTE]Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I've got some serious thinking to do, though...

Should I keep my FFXIII-2 CE BBY preorder for an ultimately useless book? Should I cancel it and get it at Amazon or Gamestop instead for DLC that (hopefully) might be available later (as an aside, I have it preordered at Amazon for $75.99 after 5% Quick Picks discount, so I'd be saving ~$9 buying from Amazon because of no tax)? If so, which preorder bonus(es) is/are better? I have credit at Amazon and GS (about $103 at each), and I was hoping to get the ME3 CE at GS for the bonus gun, but if I went with GS for the FFXIII-2 CE, I'd be inclined to get the ME3 CE elsewhere to save money, though I wouldn't get any bonus.

:whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen this posted yet:

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom CE

TZJv2.jpg
TZJv2.jpg

hakuoki.jpg

Comes with a 72 page artbook, and a soundtrack. This is one of the first Otome games to make it over here. Will be $39.99, and releases on 2/14/12. Info about the game here.

Amazon

Gamestop

what is phantom breaker? a fighting game? 40 bucks seems cheap for a CE.. is this a temporary price or what? Im considering ordering it for the hell of it if thats a temporary price

[quote name='Animekatt']Haven't seen this posted yet:

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom CE
Comes with a 72 page artbook, and a soundtrack. This is one of the first Otome games to make it over here. Will be $39.99, and releases on 2/14/12. Info about the game here.

Amazon

Gamestop
[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ my wallet is going to be hurting next month.. actually.. PSP CEs aren't that in demand.. I'll wait.

The link said Hakouki: demon of the fleeting blossom is a game meant for girls. It is a visual graphic type game and you can get into relations with one of the many male characters. Wtf?

[quote name='remag']The link said Hakouki: demon of the fleeting blossom is a game meant for girls. It is a visual graphic type game and you can get into relations with one of the many male characters. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? That's what it is... It's a dating sim for girls.

[quote name='remag']The link said Hakouki: demon of the fleeting blossom is a game meant for girls. It is a visual graphic type game and you can get into relations with one of the many male characters. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

I just tried looking up info on the game just because the box art was eye candy.

There are less then half a dozen videos about this game on youtube and its all a repeat of the same trailer. Not even sure what all the hype is for when there isn't even game play videos.

I think its just because its a Japanese niche game and all the girls start dropping their panties over those anime dudes. Hentai is like porn for them.

[quote name='needler420']I just tried looking up info on the game just because the box art was eye candy.

There are less then half a dozen videos about this game on youtube and its all a repeat of the same trailer. Not even sure what all the hype is for when there isn't even game play videos.

I think its just because its a Japanese niche game and all the girls start dropping their panties over those anime dudes. Hentai is like porn for them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its a dating sim. I'm probably gonna give it a pass even though it'll probably be valuable in the end. Just not my cup of tea.

[quote name='Booj']Yeah its a dating sim. I'm probably gonna give it a pass even though it'll probably be valuable in the end. Just not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say if its a dating sim all it has going for it is monetary value based on it being a niche Japanese title that will probably become semi rare. Unless the gameplay is uber good I don't see many guys rushing out to play a dating sim.

Though for the girl gamers I bet they will love this. My X was a anime and video game fan so a dating sim anime game would have probably wet her panties.

My sis is gonna get that game. She LOVES visual novels. No gameplay aspects whatsoever besides reading and the occasional choices.

Personally, it's a nice idea, but I'd rather they localize something geared towards males like Katawa Shojo (although it's a western VN)

[quote name='Vigilante']Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I've got some serious thinking to do, though...

Should I keep my FFXIII-2 CE BBY preorder for an ultimately useless book? Should I cancel it and get it at Amazon or Gamestop instead for DLC that (hopefully) might be available later (as an aside, I have it preordered at Amazon for $75.99 after 5% Quick Picks discount, so I'd be saving ~$9 buying from Amazon because of no tax)? If so, which preorder bonus(es) is/are better? I have credit at Amazon and GS (about $103 at each), and I was hoping to get the ME3 CE at GS for the bonus gun, but if I went with GS for the FFXIII-2 CE, I'd be inclined to get the ME3 CE elsewhere to save money, though I wouldn't get any bonus.

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered my FFXIII-2 at both Amazon and Gamestop. Then I don't open the Gamestop one and return it thus having both pre-order bonuses. This works unless the GS one is built into the box. If GS is a code you can also typically walk in and say you didn't get one when you picked up your game and they will usually print it out for you.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I pre-ordered my FFXIII-2 at both Amazon and Gamestop. Then I don't open the Gamestop one and return it thus having both pre-order bonuses. This works unless the GS one is built into the box. If GS is a code you can also typically walk in and say you didn't get one when you picked up your game and they will usually print it out for you.[/QUOTE]

I just went with Gamestop personally. From what im hearing, Omega isnt really even that great (Until like super high levels anyway). Doesnt seem worth the effort and the extra 80$ needed

And i seriously doubt Square would be dumb enough to NOT release the DLC on the store, considering how much they could make. (And the fact they already released in Japan)

Also, most gamestops WONT print out a code for you anymore unless you can prove you brought it. They get a sort of "Quota" on the codes, so its not like they are infinite. They can run out and people who actually got it would get screwed over.

Anyone know the height of the figure for NG3? I'm still undecided about which edition to get. TBH the new mp they game up with doesn't look so hot and it might be easier to swallow if I just buy the basic version

:pc: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action [Special & Limited Edition] (Germany)

Price: € 55.99 (SE) / € 84.99 (LE)
Release Date: February 9, 2012

Special Edition: - Jumbo Steelbook
- The game, manual and map
- A exclusive novel about Jagged Alliance
- A set of playcards

Amazon.de

393196_339608896054781_198772423471763_1545790_669520303_n-540x472.jpg

Limited Edition:
- Jumbo Steelbook
- The game, manual and map
- Novel and playcards as well