Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']You are forgetting Paypal fees which are another 3%. So, it's really about $36 in total fees on $300 which still leaves $64 in net profit assuming you are in a state with roughly 10% tax like California. Of course, it doesn't factor in your time, gas back and forth from wherever you bought the item from and to the post office, plus packing supplies and the risk that something could go wrong and you could end up eating the whole thing if a bidder complains for any reason. So, yes, you can make a little bit of money but it hardly seems like it's worth all the effort.[/QUOTE]

I sell on ebay to hopefully make just enough to pay for my gaming and it works out usually. I honestly don't think I've spent any of my actual job money on video gaming in a couple years now. I come close quite a bit but things have so far ended up working out to where I don't need to use my actual income. I'm not a big time reseller though either. I'm sure others probably make much more and do better with it than me.

Basically imo it is worth it in the long run if you know what you're doing. Sure sometimes things go wrong but so far I haven't ended up completely screwed on much. I ended up having to send one person a game twice so lost out on $100 or so on that.

Also it's very risky selling codes, Xbox codes particularly. I do it sometimes but wouldn't recommend it at all. I've been screwed a few times there since the type that buys those codes also happen to be douche bags...but other than that I haven't had any major problems.

As for gas money, you can do home pick up if you're shipping at least one item priority via USPS. No need to go to the post office. Not sure about other services but that's what I usually do.

Wow... EXTREMELY disappointed with the Bioshock Infinite CE's... they really don't feel as thematic/cohesive as the amazing Bioshock 2 Limited Edition...

I mean the B2 LE felt like it actually came from the game's universe... the vinyl soundtrack, the huge artbook, and propaganda posters! Not to mention the beautiful box which is a display piece in itself when you remove the slipcover... the whole thing felt like an artifact from the game's universe.

This Infinite CE feels so tacked together with the "usual" elements...a mini artbook? A DIGITAL soundtrack? A couple of mini novelty items? And a STATUE *rolls eyes*

They really dropped the ball on it, thematically. I don't know what I'd expect to have as an artifact from a flying steampunk city, but this isn't it.

Again, as a Bioshock fan... hugely disappointed. I'll hold out and buy it on BB's website for 30 bucks in a year or so.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I dunno I feel as tho the special editions will come cheap later down the road for bioshock. When I worked at target, they had #2 sitting there forever before it went on clearance. Same with the best buy. AWD for me on this one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, true for Bio2... but as my fellow CAGs reminded me, the FIRST Bio had a LE and that one is a gem indeed.

[quote name='raiden_86']so you're paying $70 for the statue? What if the game just plain sucks? I guess I'm just not a collector because some games don't live up to the hype (RE6) and I feel it would depreciate in value, plus you can get the game for $10 - $20 cheaper a month later, ( Dishonored is $40 shipped and it just came out). Any thoughts from the collectors here? I don't mean to troll your thread, but I just want some perspective on this. However, I'm a bioshock fan and I might get the Standard Special Edition for the lithograph & artbook so maybe thats reason enough.[/QUOTE]

I usually try to get Collector's Editions of big releases if the game strikes my fancy. However with Bioshock... I just can't justify spending an extra $70 for a 9" statue. Some people probably do think it's worth it though. I guess I've just started becoming more selective when buying Collector's Edition.

However it does make me worry that seeing this, Eidos is going to pull the same thing with Tomb Raider. Offer a $79.99 edition and then the one with the Lara statue will be $149.99. Hell, I couldn't justify the $20 price hike for Assassin's Creed 3 collector's edition. Once they go beyond $99.99, it's kind of ludicrous, especially since if you enjoy the game then you'll be roped into buying the DLC for between $10-20 a pop.

[quote name='outerfox']I usually try to get Collector's Editions of big releases if the game strikes my fancy. However with Bioshock... I just can't justify spending an extra $70 for a 9" statue. Some people probably do think it's worth it though. I guess I've just started becoming more selective when buying Collector's Edition.

However it does make me worry that seeing this, Eidos is going to pull the same thing with Tomb Raider. Offer a $79.99 edition and then the one with the Lara statue will be $149.99. Hell, I couldn't justify the $20 price hike for Assassin's Creed 3 collector's edition. Once they go beyond $99.99, it's kind of ludicrous, especially since if you enjoy the game then you'll be roped into buying the DLC for between $10-20 a pop.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 started this by selling out of there $150 ultimate loot edition. Now all developers are doing the same. We can't blame anybody but our selves for this new trend.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Borderlands 2 started this by selling out of there $150 ultimate loot edition. Now all developers are doing the same. We can't blame anybody but our selves for this new trend.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it'll finally mean a limited edition will mean just that. The only reason Borderlands 2 ULC sold so well was because they were indeed limited. I know I wouldn't have kept mine if the market got hit with another huge wave of them. It's like a slap in the face to all their fans.

[quote name='blinknot4']Yes, true for Bio2... but as my fellow CAGs reminded me, the FIRST Bio had a LE and that one is a gem indeed.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect's CE is also much more rare than 2 or 3s. Bioshock was a new IP, so they didn't produce as much. My guess is the Bioshock Infinite one will be less common than 2's, but still abundant.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Borderlands 2 started this by selling out of there $150 ultimate loot edition. Now all developers are doing the same. We can't blame anybody but our selves for this new trend.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest had a ton of stuff in it, including the chest that looked great in videos. There's been tons of $150 CEs before Borderlands 2, so I don't know why you're blaming BL2. Skyrim? All those giant boxes with helmets etc?

[quote name='elessar123']Mass Effect's CE is also much more rare than 2 or 3s. Bioshock was a new IP, so they didn't produce as much. My guess is the Bioshock Infinite one will be less common than 2's, but still abundant.

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest had a ton of stuff in it, including the chest that looked great in videos. There's been tons of $150 CEs before Borderlands 2, so I don't know why you're blaming BL2. Skyrim? All those giant boxes with helmets etc?[/QUOTE]

It's true, the only thing that BL2 did was make it without a statue, meanwhile, this has what looks like a great statue, long as it's not cheaply made(which is what I fear). But based on the Big Daddy with the original, I would say it'll probably be fine.

[quote name='The Burnin8or']Not sure if it was already mentioned or not but I just noticed Amazon has listings up for Metal Gear Solid Revengeance Limited Edition, although no pics:

PS3
360[/QUOTE]

Put in an order for the PS3, Thanks.

[quote name='The Burnin8or']Not sure if it was already mentioned or not but I just noticed Amazon has listings up for Metal Gear Solid Revengeance Limited Edition, although no pics:

PS3
360[/QUOTE]

After seeing their LE's actually be limited i put one in now to secure a spot.

I just wanted to let people know that Amazon isn't taking preorders on the Adventure Time CEs anymore. I'm not sure if they're just temporarily out of stock or what's going on, but if you were interested in the CE for DS or 3DS, you might want to check with Gamestop.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I just wanted to let people know that Amazon isn't taking preorders on the Adventure Time CEs anymore. I'm not sure if they're just temporarily out of stock or what's going on, but if you were interested in the CE for DS or 3DS, you might want to check with Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I saw that just a couple of minutes ago. I've had it in my cart waiting for a couple of credits from SB and then it told me it was taken out. Hoping GS has preorders still when I go tonight.

Too much extra for a statue I'll never be able to display anywhere. Placed a preorder on Amazon for the Premium edition (although that edition that be readily available like BS2's was, so might end up cancelling down the road).

Placed an order for Songbird and the special edition. I'll cancel the $150 one if it's not that limited or if the statue isn't $70 nice (there's been a few I've really liked-- Darth Malgus was prob the best this year).

I'm really curious to see the Kratos statue because I think Sony is hitting a real sweet spot with that CE.

Finally... I'm kinda second guessing my AC3 CE from GS. I love the Ubisoft packaging (similar to what the other poster mentioned about Bioshock 2 CE being an "artifact" from that universe) but I really want the flag and statue. Kinda makes me wish there was a "complete" CE for AC3 w everything from both editions...

[quote name='Youngnoble']Wow maybe the statue will actually be of high quality (something they can't mass produce) if amazon already sold out of there allotment.[/QUOTE]
with a box that fancy how can it not be

[quote name='Croozer']Bioshock Songbird edition is no longer available at amazon. Maybe these things are actually limited.[/QUOTE]

Wow, makes me wish I preordered that instead of Premium.

[quote name='Croozer']Bioshock Songbird edition is no longer available at amazon. Maybe these things are actually limited.[/QUOTE]

Probably a precaution... I doubt they'd produce so few of these that it would sold out so fast. That or, the hoarders are really started to stock up. They might have just taken it down until they clarify things.

It's still up on GS.

glad I preordered the song bird, let's see how this goes. Wish they would announce how many they are producing to eliminate the guessing game.

It's just easier to preorder on amazon because they don't charge anything whereas gamestop in store charges a flat $25.

Maybe this edition is really actually limited though. We will see in a couple more days. If it goes OoS on Gamestop.com we know what we are in for.

[quote name='psihog']Bioshock Infinite UE preorder is available from BB and GS now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I missed out on preordering Borderlands 2 ULCE before it sold out but was lucky enough to find it at an MS store after release date. I don't want to take another chance so I preordered from BB. Used a GC and RZ Cert to bring the price down a bit and make it a little easier to click on the preorder button.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Wow, makes me wish I preordered that instead of Premium.[/QUOTE]

No way it's limited. Amazon had to remove it due to an error. All three versions have now been removed, including the photos.

Walking Dead CE. Game (eps 1-5) with Walking Dead Compendium Vol 1 (issues 1-48), special artwork. $69.99

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/10/21/the-walking-dead-the-game-retail-bundle-details

[quote name='JasonTerminator']OH MAN WANT!

"PS3 and 360 only"

DAMN YOU GOD. DAMN YOU![/QUOTE]

Hopefully this week there will be an official announcement with better pics and platform details.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Bleh wish it came with the newer book. Would have gotten it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting about the newer compendium's release. Managed to finally have a use for one of the myriad coupons that Barne's and Noble has been sending me. Spent $33.05 versus $35.99 from Amazon.

IGN Just spilled the beans on the awesome looking Walking Dead Collectors Edition. Unfortunately it looks like a GameStop exclusive, but I think the extra $40 is well spent.

twdcollectors-editiongamestopjpg-fcdc8c_800w-610x356.jpg

The set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:
  • A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork
Full story: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/21/the-walking-dead-the-game-retail-bundle-details

Nothing on GameSpot's website yet for the collector edition, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

Also note that you can get the season pass if you only want the digital version for just $19.99

[quote name='Blumpkin']IGN Just spilled the beans on the awesome looking Walking Dead Collectors Edition. Unfortunately it looks like a GameStop exclusive, but I think the extra $40 is well spent.

• The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
Full story: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/21/the-walking-dead-the-game-retail-bundle-details

Nothing on GameSpot's website yet for the collector edition, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

Also note that you can get the season pass if you only want the digital version for just $19.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah I posted this last night at least they have a good pic up now instead of the flyer.

[quote name='Blumpkin']IGN Just spilled the beans on the awesome looking Walking Dead Collectors Edition. Unfortunately it looks like a GameStop exclusive, but I think the extra $40 is well spent.

Also note that you can get the season pass if you only want the digital version for just $19.99[/QUOTE]

So yeah, they decided to shit all over PC gamers.

So now, I'll just buy the game during the Steam winter sale, and get the compendium on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-D...6&sr=8-1&keywords=the+walking+dead+compendium

Don't get that sweet box art, but I save $20 or so over buying that set.

Has best buy start pre orders for bioshock songbird edition in stores. went to one today only had the special edition of it. had to get it gamestop. needed that 25 deposit for halo. but I guess since I don't mind since It might sell out

[quote name='Vinny']Is this up on GS already? I can't find it...

I've been interested in the series (never read the comic or saw the show) so this would be a nice set since I can read it and play the games.[/QUOTE]

The comic is better than the show, but the show is still entertaining. This is basically issues 1-48 (a little less than half of the series) with a different cover.

Already have the first 48 in the normal cover. If it had been the second compendium, I would have bought it.

But yea, I know it's unrealistic to include the second one.

It's a nice looking set, though I feel like it should have come with just a little more than the compendium. I've only read the first 23 or so of the issues digitally and I have the first 2 episodes free through PS Plus so I probably won't get it. The new cover art for the box and book looks pretty awesome though

The Walking Dead CE is up on Gamestop now. They say it's "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY"

The Walking Dead Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
GameStop Exclusive. Extremely Limited/Pre-orders Only

wdce.jpg

Includes:
  • Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY
  • Collector's Edition box
  • Game Case
  • Game Disc
  • The Walking Dead Compendium 1 featuring exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art. Over 1,000 pages collecting the first 48 issues of Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series.

Release: 12/04/2012
Price: $69.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop Exclusive: PS3 - 360

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Walking Dead CE is up on Gamestop now. They say it's "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY"
[/QUOTE]

Due the level of extremely extreme limited extremeness, I ordered 1 for PS3. Thanks, ssjmichael!

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Walking Dead CE is up on Gamestop now. They say it's "Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY"

The Walking Dead Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
GameStop Exclusive. Extremely Limited/Pre-orders Only

wdce.jpg

Includes:
  • Extremely Limited Pre-Order ONLY
  • Collector's Edition box
  • Game Case
  • Game Disc
  • The Walking Dead Compendium 1 featuring exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art. Over 1,000 pages collecting the first 48 issues of Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series.

Release: 12/04/2012
Price: $69.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop Exclusive: PS3 - 360 [/QUOTE]

Extremely Limited: only 500,000 copies produced!!!! Haha, jk. I preordered because I was going to get it anyhow. Lets see how "limited" this actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back