Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kayne2000']while i suppose i could justify some fancy clothes or purse for said person....unless she is the millionaire of the pair no way in the hell would i ever get a woman a several thousand dollar purse. and even then if i got lucky enough to marry a millionaire i'm making damn sure that money doesn't get blown away by living too crazy.[/QUOTE]

Two things:

1. Women love Coach
2. Your future wife will buy one

You can beat your single chest all you want, but until you're in that situation, the words, "I'll never" are empty.

[quote name='kayne2000']now this is just getting ridiculous[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same exact set up they had with Mortal Kombat. One set with the bookends, one set with the arcade stick.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Pretty much the same exact set up they had with Mortal Kombat. One set with the bookends, one set with the arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

The arcade stick doesn't look to be of the same quality of the tournament stick.

[quote name='Youngnoble']The arcade stick doesn't look to be of the same quality of the tournament stick.[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell from one small gamestop.com picture though ;) Honestly the Tournament stick looked crappy from the pics shown of it when it was announced.

LMAO, that SC plane is just too much. I actually hope this one becomes a clearance item at some point because I could imagine having a lot of fun with that, especially if it can handle a mounted camera. Always been intrigued with hobbyists that take bird's eye view footage from RC models.

[quote name='Jodou']LMAO, that SC plane is just too much. I actually hope this one becomes a clearance item at some point because I could imagine having a lot of fun with that, especially if it can handle a mounted camera. Always been intrigued with hobbyists that take bird's eye view footage from RC models.[/QUOTE]

This has clearance written all over it. There's barely any hype right now for this SC game.

Gamestop has updated pictures of the Metal Gear Rising Collectors Edition. It features new Box artwork and a New Steelbook (that looks so much better imo) Also new disc artwork for the soundtrack. So much awesome. Though the positioning of the Konami logo on the steel could be better, still a lot better then the previous version imo.

271308_CELG.jpg

I replaced the picture in the OP too.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Wow, Ultimate Songbird is sold out everywhere now. Was thinking this would go the way of the Skyrim statue but maybe not.[/QUOTE]
You can still preorder at Best Buy.

[quote name='Croozer']Only online. Not available in store[/QUOTE]
Ah didn't realize that. But the good thing about BB online is that they do free shipping and you can return in store if you decide you don't want it instead of having to ship it back to the warehouse.

[quote name='secondhand1']Two things:

1. Women love Coach
2. Your future wife will buy one

You can beat your single chest all you want, but until you're in that situation, the words, "I'll never" are empty.[/QUOTE]

lol while it may mean nothing until i am married rest assured we will not be buying thousand dollar purses. the most expensive item i want in my house is either guns or the TV or the computer. there should be nothing more expensive than that in the house. unless its something practical like a generator or something not any insane priced purse. hell this year i am cutting back on the game budget so i can save better so i can afford a house one of these days after college.

if i have to remain single for ages because i can't find a woman that isn't OCD with the latest newest clothes so be it not worth getting saddled with endless debt. part of me being single is i hate the BS known as the dating game.

Got my ni no kuni steelbook in the mail today and surprisingly enough it was in perfect shape even though it was shipped in an envelope

[quote name='Youngnoble']The arcade stick doesn't look to be of the same quality of the tournament stick.[/QUOTE]

Nether Realm opted for the traditional 8 button layout because the game doesnt have a block button. The original MK Tournament ED was made by PDP and PDP made this stick so i am sure it has the same parts that the MK tournament edition had. The buttons are programmable LEDs like you would see out of the UILAS which go in Seimitsu buttons.

The stick looks nice but not sure if I want another one. I am saving to up more cash to have B15 SDM Studios build a custom stick. So I think I will hold off on the Battle Edition. The CE edition looks pretty good to me. WW and Bats with Supes plane....i can dig it.

What's the read on the Metal Gear Rising LE? Chances that one has a major price drop down the road? Or will this be really hard to find?

I like the steelbook, but have zero interest in that stupid lamp, and boxes that big start to add up and take up too much room.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What's the read on the Metal Gear Rising LE? Chances that one has a major price drop down the road? Or will this be really hard to find?

I like the steelbook, but have zero interest in that stupid lamp, and boxes that big start to add up and take up too much room.[/QUOTE]

Tough to say. Best Buy won't even be carrying this in stores so the best bet is probably if GS has too many down the line. Or if BB.com is ordering more than just getting what is preordered.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What's the read on the Metal Gear Rising LE? Chances that one has a major price drop down the road? Or will this be really hard to find?

I like the steelbook, but have zero interest in that stupid lamp, and boxes that big start to add up and take up too much room.[/QUOTE]

This. I wished they had a version with just the steelbook.

[quote name='psihog']you can still pre-order the Euro steelbook by itself from Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00AN1FLKU/[/QUOTE]

How the heck do you go about doing that? Ive never improved or ordered anything from overseas before. Do I register a new account in english?

I want that steel book haha. In fact a few other collectors editions that are so much better. Injustice for example.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']How the heck do you go about doing that? Ive never improved or ordered anything from overseas before. Do I register a new account in english?

I want that steel book haha. In fact a few other collectors editions that are so much better. Injustice for example.[/QUOTE]
If you used amazon.com before their international sites work in the same format. You can probably guess which button does what. If not get Chrome and use Google translate.

[quote name='Woocls']I don't even know if I'll buy this game but that steelbook is SOOO sexy.... I think I'll just pick it up and buy the game for less than the steelbook in a year. :)[/QUOTE]That's what I'm doing. ;)

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Wow, Ultimate Songbird is sold out everywhere now. Was thinking this would go the way of the Skyrim statue but maybe not.[/QUOTE]

I'm having difficulty with this...

I have each version pre-ordered at Amazon, and was planning on letting the Songbird version go. I've got the LE's of Ascension, Tomb Raider, & Rising coming all within a month of Infinite, plus I just bought Ni No Kuni. I'm a huge fan of Bioshock(I have all of the collectibles Neca released as well as a few other random goodies), but $70 is $70. Decisions, decisions...

[quote name='Mixer236']I'm having difficulty with this...

I have each version pre-ordered at Amazon, and was planning on letting the Songbird version go. I've got the LE's of Ascension, Tomb Raider, & Rising coming all within a month of Infinite, plus I just bought Ni No Kuni. I'm a huge fan of Bioshock(I have all of the collectibles Neca released as well as a few other random goodies), but $70 is $70. Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy still has some PC and 360 Songbirds I think. Try pre-ordering there.

Sidenote: anyone else having a hard time justifying the $160 on the Last of Us Post-Pandemic. Skyrim's CE is the most similar and even that had the hardcover Artbook. Kinda weird there is none.

[quote name='Namzor']Bestbuy still has some PC and 360 Songbirds I think. Try pre-ordering there.

Sidenote: anyone else having a hard time justifying the $160 on the Last of Us Post-Pandemic. Skyrim's CE is the most similar and even that had the hardcover Artbook. Kinda weird there is none.[/QUOTE]

i changed my preorder in store to PPE , its a GS exclusive and the statue will be a collectors item, not having the artbook included sucks but im sure it will be on amazon for $20 later on, the statue on the other hand will not available anywhere unless you buy the PPE

[quote name='Namzor']Sidenote: anyone else having a hard time justifying the $160 on the Last of Us Post-Pandemic. Skyrim's CE is the most similar and even that had the hardcover Artbook. Kinda weird there is none.[/QUOTE]
I think people have said as of yesterday it's no longer available for pre order even in store. Yes it sucks that it does not include the art book but I am assuming the statue will be of a much higher quality than the Skyrim statue. I could be wrong.

[quote name='ThePoomz']Last of Us Pandemic Edition is officially sold out and likely out of print for good.[/QUOTE]

yea its sold out online and gamestop stores stopping taking preorders for it a day ago i believe

The ridiculous Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition ($170) now has a release date on Amazon - August 20. So, now there should be no worries about them being sold out or not carrying it.

Is The Last of Us Survival Edition unavailable at Best Buy yet? The associate at my local place didn't seem to know how to place a preorder.

[quote name='Lemstar']Is The Last of Us Survival Edition unavailable at Best Buy yet? The associate at my local place didn't seem to know how to place a preorder.[/QUOTE]You can't preorder the Survival Edition yet since it's not yet listed on BBY's website, so its SKU is unknown and therefore you can't preorder it in store just yet.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Last of Us Post-Pandemic is back in stock online. Some people are having no luck in store.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Got my second copy.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Last of Us Post-Pandemic is back in stock online. Some people are having no luck in store.[/QUOTE]
Hooray!

I would have pre-ordered the Naruto Special Edition if it weren't digital river. Having to deal with them especially after all this Wizard Edition business is out of the question.

Why did they drop the art book from it? And there's no way that Statue is worth an extra $80. $120 for that package I could believe... $160? I'll pass.

[quote name='Woocls']Why did they drop the art book from it? And there's no way that Statue is worth an extra $80. $120 for that package I could believe... $160? I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

They never dropped the art book, that's the Survival Edition. And yes, people keep complaining about the price.. but it's well worth it considering you can't get it separately. This will be sought after without a doubt.

[quote name='Woocls']Why did they drop the art book from it? And there's no way that Statue is worth an extra $80. $120 for that package I could believe... $160? I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

$80 is VERY much fair for a statue of that quality with a great company making it . Expensive? Sure. Overpriced? No way.

[quote name='ThePoomz']They never dropped the art book, that's the Survival Edition. And yes, people keep complaining about the price.. but it's well worth it considering you can't get it separately. This will be sought after without a doubt.[/QUOTE]
My favorite part is that they quote a retail price of $199 for the statue on it's own. I would probably check myself into an asylum if I ever paid $199 for a 12" video game statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back