Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='airblade']Probably, free shipping too.[/QUOTE]

The article does say shipping is free

Oh, and shipping is free.

I was kinda excited because I thought it was a car bed, but then realized it was the real thing :( I woulda preferred a car bed.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:ps3: Dark Souls - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition SteelBook PS3 - £21.99 (7/19/13)

Limited to 3,000 units.

Debossed Dark Souls logo.

Zavvi[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks!!

Amazon.de uses USPS parcel post and/or priority once entering the USA. Amazon.fr uses UPS the whole way. Stick with FR over DE. I think UK uses UPS the whole way as well.

Man I want that Dark Souls steelbook so badly but only 2 problems. One is that it's from Zavvi which just blows, the other is only 2 shipping options. The .99 "you'll never get your package" option, and the 16.99 "you just overpaid for a dented item" option.

[quote name='Serpentor']The Last of Us:SE is sold out on BestBuy.com? Man, I waited too long! It can't be that popular can it?[/QUOTE]

It's been sold out for weeks. In fact, they also cancelled some orders because they oversold them.

I think I'll upgrade my copy of GTA V to the Special Edition since it's not that much more. The Collector's Edition doesn't have enough to justify the extra $70 over the SE. Maybe when I find it on sale I'll get it.

[quote name='razorracer83']I think I'll upgrade my copy of GTA V to the Special Edition since it's not that much more. The Collector's Edition doesn't have enough to justify the extra $70 over the SE. Maybe when I find it on sale I'll get it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, im doing the same thing, and could not agree anymore with you!

[quote name='bojay1997']It's been sold out for weeks. In fact, they also cancelled some orders because they oversold them.[/QUOTE]

wow, didn't know... Got to order from Amazon now, thanks!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Yup, im doing the same thing, and could not agree anymore with you![/QUOTE]

Same here, I really dig the steelbook/artbook special edition's because they are easy to store and have stuff that's interesting (the art book) and unique (the steelbook).

[quote name='Hestar']Anyone know when the square enix store charges you for pre orders?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know that too. I gotta get one of the CEs for me and one for the wife.

Hmm, i see that Square's site is the only one that has the physical CE for FFXIV right now. Still got 3 months to go so hopefully Amazon or GS put a listing up.

can anyone explain the draw or appeal of the GTA V $150 edition? I mean from what i can tell its a hat and zipper bag for $70 essentially?

[quote name='jr8rulz']can anyone explain the draw or appeal of the GTA V $150 edition? I mean from what i can tell its a hat and zipper bag for $70 essentially?[/QUOTE]

That DLC might be worth a lot/rare. I might end up getting lol

[quote name='Serpentor']The Last of Us:SE is sold out on BestBuy.com? Man, I waited too long! It can't be that popular can it?[/QUOTE]

It has a ton of value the artbook and steelbook is worth the extra $20.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah atleast when I ordered 2 days ago. I'm sure they'll add it later[/QUOTE]

What's the pre ore bonus?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Early access after beta but before launch, a moogle hat, and cait sith minion[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanks for the heads up.Hopefully they get it cause I pre ordered from amazon.

Looks like Last of Us survival edition is sold out everywhere. Anyone got any idea if it'll come back in stock on Amazon? Will have to settle for the standard otherwise, not willing to pay more than retail price for it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']That DLC might be worth a lot/rare. I might end up getting lol[/QUOTE]

I agree with you man, that dlc will be worth a nice amount once that game releases. I am hoping to at least knock $50 buck off my copy by selling most if not all the DLC. I do this with most of my games because honestly, exclusive DLC doesn't add a hole hell of a lot to a game to make it worth it. For example, I preordered Bioshock Infinite at Best Buy and sold their pre order bonus for $20 buck on ebay day one.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Looks like Last of Us survival edition is sold out everywhere. Anyone got any idea if it'll come back in stock on Amazon? Will have to settle for the standard otherwise, not willing to pay more than retail price for it.[/QUOTE]

It's back up for pre-order over at Gamestop.com, just note that it's not available for in-store pickup. Also SAVER coupon isn't working, but $4.99 is a throwback for getting a second chance at getting this, plus you get the exclusive Gamestop DLC if you care about it.

Don't sweat over the LoU SE, there will be plenty of copies available. I have the regular edition pre-ordered, I just want the play the game for now.

hey guys, quick question. What was the best collector's edition you ever spent your money on? Mine is the street fighter 25th anniversary collection. totally worth $100 @ Gamestop.

The X360 CE for the first Bioshock. I believe it was $80 for the game, a short sountrack, and a sweet Big Daddy statue. As a bonus, production quality errors netted me an additional Big Daddy and a free art book.

I just saw a promo for this the other day and I'm semi-curious in the game seeing as I've never played any of them. Would you describe this series as strong storytelling or better strategy/gameplay?

The Tales series focuses pretty heavy on story telling. They do character development better than any other RPG series, period. The gameplay is an action RPG, but there are still a fair amount of tactics required. The games can either be very hard or very easy depending on how you play; it's by no means a button masher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I've been wondering for a while is how and where do you all store your collectors editions? I've been rearranging my game room to make some space for the post-pandemic edition of TLoU, and it's occured to me that I don't know where I'm going to put future editions. I love these collector sets but damn if they don't take up a lot of space..

Cool.  It looks similar to Star Ocean II, which was the last game I played in the vein of these JRPGs and loved that so I'll keep an eye on it.

Something I've been wondering for a while is how and where do you all store your collectors editions? I've been rearranging my game room to make some space for the post-pandemic edition of TLoU, and it's occured to me that I don't know where I'm going to put future editions. I love these collector sets but damn if they don't take up a lot of space..
It's getting to be a big problem. I already don't like the big boxed editions of games, but I am now simply out of room for them, too. I am actually starting to get worried about it.

Cool. It looks similar to Star Ocean II, which was the last game I played in the vein of these JRPGs and loved that so I'll keep an eye on it.
The Star Ocean series was actually started by a split off of the original Tales team, so there are definitely some inherent similarities!

It's getting to be a big problem. I already don't like the big boxed editions of games, but I am now simply out of room for them, too. I am actually starting to get worried about it.

Cool. It looks similar to Star Ocean II, which was the last game I played in the vein of these JRPGs and loved that so I'll keep an eye on it.
The Star Ocean series was actually started by a split off of the original Tales team, so there are definitely some inherent similarities!
I use a high shelf. Some needs a ladder to be dusted now and then, but I can't afford a bigger house in L.A., and I also cannot afford not getting CEs :lol:

I use a high shelf. Some needs a ladder to be dusted now and then, but I can't afford a bigger house in L.A., and I also cannot afford not getting CEs :lol:

I still live at home until I get into med school (not moving twice within 1-2 years, fuck that lol) so I only have so much control over space. I plan on devoting an entire room to it once I move out, though lol.

Anybody remember what else was in that poll from a few months ago they did for the Saints Row CE?  The stuff in there is kinda funny and cool but maybe not extra $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back