Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, I happen to like the paracord bracelets, as I use them in my job as a industrial construction safety coordinator, thank you very much. Plus they are pretty damn snazzy looking too.
Can I ask how exactly you use the paracord? Do you actually unravel it and use it as rope, then tie it back up into a bracelet? Seems like it'd be complicated to get it back to its original shape and appearance...

are they G2 or G1

Doesn't say but the last Best Buy exclusive steelbook offer I can think of was for Prototype 2. Although Activision was the publisher of the game, their steelbooks were G2 sized. Most steelbooks usually end up being G1 in general. So your guess will be as good as mine.

Stupid like someone that doesn't know english? :D

Anyway, I happen to like the paracord bracelets, as I use them in my job as a industrial construction safety coordinator, thank you very much. Plus they are pretty damn snazzy looking too.
Ha okayy dont have to get all butthurt i was just making a casual observation lol

Id be careful of Newegg. They have been pretty bad with fulfilling peoples CEs. There is the whole recent tales of xillia CE never being shipped.

I'm really hoping Best Buy lists that Origins set soon, because I'd like the steelbook as well.  Wonder what's taking them & Amazon so long, I thought in the past they usually pop up very soon after they're announced.  

Id be careful of Newegg. They have been pretty bad with fulfilling peoples CEs. There is the whole recent tales of xillia CE never being shipped.
Ouch, I didnt even know about that. Brings back bad memories of the Dark Soul CE crap with Newegg.

I went to GameStop today and put some money on my :360: Saints Row IV: Game of the Generation edition.  My preorder was still valid on the correct SKU.  They did raise the price $10 to the correct MSRP price ($130) though.

Since the GotG edition was originally supposed to be gamestop.com exclusive, my guess is that some of the online orders were canceled to fulfill the instore ones.  Pretty sure that's what GS does/has done in the past for actually limited editions that are available both online and instore.

I went to GameStop today and put some money on my :360: Saints Row IV: Game of the Generation edition. My preorder was still valid on the correct SKU. They did raise the price $10 to the correct MSRP price ($130) though.

Since the GotG edition was originally supposed to be gamestop.com exclusive, my guess is that some of the online orders were canceled to fulfill the instore ones. Pretty sure that's what GS does/has done in the past for actually limited editions that are available both online and instore.
damn, i thought i would of saved $10 , lol i guess not.

I'm really hoping Best Buy lists that Origins set soon, because I'd like the steelbook as well. Wonder what's taking them & Amazon so long, I thought in the past they usually pop up very soon after they're announced.
bestbuy already list origins with the steelbook with the standard edition on their site. lol

batman origins US Collectors edition does not come with steelbook, only statue.

bestbuy already list origins with the steelbook with the standard edition on their site. lol

The expectation is the steelbook preorder bonus at Best Buy should also apply to the collector's edition. It just needs to be listed first.

I'm aware - it's a preorder bonus that BB is offering, so it stands to reason that they'll offer it with the CE as well when they finally list it.

The expectation is the steelbook preorder bonus at Best Buy should also apply to the collector's edition. It just needs to be listed first.
it is highly unlikely to happen, because bestbuy might not even put up the listings for it till 2 weeks before release date. They have been really slow in putting up collectors editions. their system does not work like that, you would most likely have to have them added it to your preorder manually. The other issue is the limited quanity, so by that time, bestbuy might have ran out of steelbooks already.

Yeah but I don't remember Best Buy ever selling out of steelbooks that quickly. Less people are preordering at Best Buy too since the RZ promo had decreased to $10.

So if you preorder in store at BB can you get the Steelbook for Batman or does it have to be an online order? If it has to be online, when do they charge for shipping?

So if you preorder in store at BB can you get the Steelbook for Batman or does it have to be an online order? If it has to be online, when do they charge for shipping?
Online order only. They charge when the item ships but they will ping your card issuer every few days for a preauthorization.

OP was updated.

Ugh, I really want the Batman Origins CE but Im already spending a ton of money on games plus a new console, and I really dont have anywhere to put the statue right now. Anybody think they will sell out quick? Or should I wait until a price cut?

I went to GameStop today and put some money on my :360: Saints Row IV: Game of the Generation edition. My preorder was still valid on the correct SKU. They did raise the price $10 to the correct MSRP price ($130) though.

Since the GotG edition was originally supposed to be gamestop.com exclusive, my guess is that some of the online orders were canceled to fulfill the instore ones. Pretty sure that's what GS does/has done in the past for actually limited editions that are available both online and instore.
The saint's row twitter account said that to guarantee a copy of the GotG that you should order from Amazon, as it was the only store that was guaranteed them. That's why I went with them.

The saint's row twitter account said that to guarantee a copy of the GotG that you should order from Amazon, as it was the only store that was guaranteed them. That's why I went with them.
They said that before they confirmed that GameStop would be taking orders at all, to prevent people from waiting for something that might not be available. I think the recent online cancellations are more on GameStop's end, taking in more preorders than stock available and/or allowing instore sales to trump online orders (like I said above).

it is highly unlikely to happen, because bestbuy might not even put up the listings for it till 2 weeks before release date. They have been really slow in putting up collectors editions. their system does not work like that, you would most likely have to have them added it to your preorder manually. The other issue is the limited quanity, so by that time, bestbuy might have ran out of steelbooks already.
Er....no, I would say that's it's highly likely to happen. Best Buy has done the same with all of their pre-order steelbooks in the past, like Dead Island Riptide and Assassin's Creed III which both had CEs too. They might have sold out of in-store steelbooks, but never online ones. Once they list the CEs, when you add them to your cart the steelbook bonus will be automatically added for free, I've never had trouble getting one.

Batman CE is up at Best Buy, but it looks like you can't get the free steelbook for it. It adds the steelbook to the cart automatically when you hit preorder on the regular edition, but won't do it for the CE. And if you try and leave the steelbook in the cart without the regular game, it wants to charge you $50 for it!

[quote name="dinovelvet" post="10990273" timestamp="1376696321"]

Batman CE is up at Best Buy, but it looks like you can't get the free steelbook for it. It adds the steelbook to the cart automatically when you hit preorder on the regular edition, but won't do it for the CE. And if you try and leave the steelbook in the cart without the regular game, it wants to charge you $50 for it![/quote

Order it, then call and have them adjust. Or just wait for it to work. It should eventually.

Starting to wonder if the steelbook is even worth it at this point.  They also don't have the $10 RZ bonus on the CE, and without that I'm looking at a $12 difference over Amazon (since I don't have to pay tax there) - not sure the case is worth that to me even if they do eventually add it at BB.  Locked in my order at Amazon anyway, if BB adds both the case & credit bonus then I'll probably switch.  

BB has added the steel book to the Batman CE, just placed an order.  Not sure if the $10 cert is included yet.  I'm keeping my amazon pre-order til closer to release as BB hasn't been very reliable for me recently.

BB has added the steel book to the Batman CE, just placed an order. Not sure if the $10 cert is included yet. I'm keeping my amazon pre-order til closer to release as BB hasn't been very reliable for me recently.
It's not adding the steelbook to the cart yet. I would wait to place the order until it adds the steelbook automatically.

It's not adding the steelbook to the cart yet. I would wait to place the order until it adds the steelbook automatically.
I had both the regular and CE in my cart last night and deleted the regular, at the time it stated $50 for the SB as previously posted. When I checked this morning it was updated to free ( $0.00), so you can hold off if you like but I would rather have an order in incase they cut off pre-orders sooner than expected.

Is anyone able to confirm if Best Buy is really giving a Steelbook with Batman Arkham Origins? England and Germany are getting Metal Paks, so it seems pretty odd that the US is getting a Steelbook.

Im still on the fence about my Saints Row GotG Ed as I have a PS3 version ordered but about to cancel. I only want it for the collection aspect and I see scalpers on ebay are getting over $200 for some... IDK what to do! I did just preorder that Batman for the sweet statue! Looks nice and big!

Anyone know the quality of the Paladin plane from splinter cell CE? I was wondering if there was a comparable to compare to but I can't find anything through google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back