Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to compare, the SKU at the bottom of mine says 240162, that the same as anyone elses?
I just got back and mine shows 240234. The Manager did have to come over and I think he mentioned something about it not showing in the system right yet and they have to do it manually. I'm going back in this weekend to make sure they have mine right as I simply don't trust them to get it right.

I called in and ask and they said they only have the standard. They said when the other version is in their systems, you will probably need to put $25 down because it is technically a CE.

I called in and ask and they said they only have the standard. They said when the other version is in their systems, you will probably need to put $25 down because it is technically a CE.
I'm definitely going back tomorrow. They told me I only needed $5 down, though I put $20. I'm actually considering ordering it online also. If I order online, can I cancel the order before the shipment date if I decide I don't want both?

You might as well go back tomorrow since you need to be in store to change a pre-order anyway. You'll probably have to make two trips. Unless you are on the west coast. It might be universally in their systems by then.

I didn't put a preorder in for SS and I got more then enough. There were several at BB, Walmart and GS even through black friday not to mention the restock on Amazon.

That being said I would expect it to sell well
This is a Gamestop exclusive, however. Also, many of those SS copies were damaged at places other than Gamestop. My Amazon copy arrived crushed as did my Gamestop.com copy. All the copies at the two local Best Buys were strangled with spider cords. Anyone ordering this anywhere but an actual store where you can check the copy for damage is making a mistake because that box is going to be very flimsy just like the SS box was.

(Official) Wind Waker HD Limited Edition SKU Code: 240234

Proof:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=??????&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-zIe4CZjAb6rzKtUHTQP5cQ

insert the SKU (240234) where the ?????? are.

source:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/270776-gamestop-skus-any-way-to-find-out-what-game/

I just got back from Gamestop and it turns out that the SKU I received was 240162 which is the regular edition of the game. Time to make a trip back.

the WW LE box looks great... then I realized there will be Spanish and French text uglying up the box :bomb: Sony's game inserts and manuals also have other language but not as bad as Nintendo.  I wonder if Microsoft will join in soon

Sweet, guy over the phone swapped my order for me. Apparently its only 5$ as well

When I called, he said that he was planning to call me and someone else who ordered it right at opening tomorrow to tell us. Apparently when he did it the CE's Sku was just named "Available Preorder" or something.

Looks like I am actually going to pay full price for a game...I need to go to gamestop tomorrow. I'll probably forget though. haha Can you preorder 2 at the same store? or do they have to be different stores?

Quotebojay1997, on 28 Aug 2013 - 5:35 PM, said:This is a Gamestop exclusive, however. Also, many of those SS copies were damaged at places other than Gamestop. My Amazon copy arrived crushed as did my Gamestop.com copy. All the copies at the two local Best Buys were strangled with spider cords. Anyone ordering this anywhere but an actual store where you can check the copy for damage is making a mistake because that box is going to be very flimsy just like the SS box was.
How is Gamestop`s Online shipping? I pre-ordered in store (right SKU apparently) and also one online before I saw the right SKU posted. I kinda want to keep both, but I'm not sure how there returns are and if there shipping is bad. Is it typical to receive damaged Collectors Editions if ordering online and how is there return policy on such items?

This is a Gamestop exclusive, however. Also, many of those SS copies were damaged at places other than Gamestop. My Amazon copy arrived crushed as did my Gamestop.com copy. All the copies at the two local Best Buys were strangled with spider cords. Anyone ordering this anywhere but an actual store where you can check the copy for damage is making a mistake because that box is going to be very flimsy just like the SS box was.

I picked up close to a dozen SS and never got a damaged one but YMMV I suppose. If you're going to order one at a time from AZ, and it fits in a bubble mailer, then that is on the buyer for not planning accordingly.

I did not know this was a GS exclusive---thanks for filling me in. That doesn't change the fact that I was originally replying to the member who said that if you didn't preorder SS then you were out of luck.

Anyways the guy working at the GS I stopped in at was a tool and couldn't put a preorder in for me---even when I gave him the sku. Said his system wouldn't allow it.

Will try back tomorrow and hopefully I can find a competent employee.

However who is making the Ganondorf figure? If it is available to purchase separately then that will hurt the value of these in the long run.

I picked up close to a dozen SS and never got a damaged one but YMMV I suppose. If you're going to order one at a time from AZ, and it fits in a bubble mailer, then that is on the buyer for not planning accordingly.

I did not know this was a GS exclusive---thanks for filling me in. That doesn't change the fact that I was originally replying to the member who said that if you didn't preorder SS then you were out of luck.

Anyways the guy working at the GS I stopped in at was a tool and couldn't put a preorder in for me---even when I gave him the sku. Said his system wouldn't allow it.

Will try back tomorrow and hopefully I can find a competent employee.

However who is making the Ganondorf figure? If it is available to purchase separately then that will hurt the value of these in the long run.
First4Figures is Nintendo's official "collectible statue" maker (can't post links yet, but google "Nintendo Licensee Merchandise Companies" and look for them in the "collectible statue" category), so if I had to make a guess, they'll be making the Wind Waker Ganondorf statue. They make very fine and high-quality Zelda statues (look at that Link on Epona statue!!!), but they're pretty expensive. First4Figures has made statues that were distributed as pre-order bonuses in the past (Red Faction: Guerrilla), so I wouldn't necessarily count them out as the potential creator of the Wind Waker Ganondorf statue despite the price of most of their pieces.

EDIT: This is pure speculation.

I just got an email from amazon about Final Fantasy Collectors.. anyone else have their orders canceled?

"We recently learned that we won't be able to get this item from the manufacturer as expected.

Your order has been cancelled and you haven't been charged. We realize we can't fully make up for the item being unavailable; however, we'd like to offer you a $50 Amazon.com promotional certificate that you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

"

I just got an email from amazon about Final Fantasy Collectors.. anyone else have their orders canceled?

"We recently learned that we won't be able to get this item from the manufacturer as expected.

Your order has been cancelled and you haven't been charged. We realize we can't fully make up for the item being unavailable; however, we'd like to offer you a $50 Amazon.com promotional certificate that you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

"
did you have prime? I have prime and got mine on tuesday. Im just thinking they might prioritize prime over regular orders.

did you have prime? I have prime and got mine on tuesday. Im just thinking they might prioritize prime over regular orders.
I have 2 accounts this account that I purchased with doesn't have prime so it was free super saver shipping.

I would hope they would send them out according to the order they were purchased and not the shipping speed... I preordered July 28th.. when did you preorder?

I have 2 accounts this account that I purchased with doesn't have prime so it was free super saver shipping.

I would hope they would send them out according to the order they were purchased and not the shipping speed... I preordered July 28th.. when did you preorder?
i got mine may 26th. I'm only saying this because when i ordered my two zelda hyrule historia books i ordered them way later than some people and I still got mine first.

They must prioritize based on shipping speed. I sold one on eBay (I bought two) to a large reseller and out of curiosity I asked him if I was mailing it to him directly or dropshipping it and long story short he said that Amazon started sending e-mails out limiting these to 5 per account at the end of last week.

He must of been screwed because I think he had already sold like 50+ on his main eBay account.

i got mine may 26th. I'm only saying this because when i ordered my two zelda hyrule historia books i ordered them way later than some people and I still got mine first.
yes if you have prime you'll definitely get it first.. with super saver shipping even if I order a year in advance I still usually receive it 1 week after release.

I would just hope they have the decency not to cancel an order just because it's super saver shipping and only cancel it in the order they were placed...

did anyone make an order after July 28th and have their order shipped? Then I would be upset

yes if you have prime you'll definitely get it first.. with super saver shipping even if I order a year in advance I still usually receive it 1 week after release.

I would just hope they have the decency not to cancel an order just because it's super saver shipping and only cancel it in the order they were placed...
sorry my post wasnt clear, I meant to say my things usually ship out ahead of anyone who usually even pre-orders months before mine. I can pre-order something 2 days before release and have it shipped before your order. Like I stated before I think prime orders are at the top of the queue because every single collectors edition thing I bought on amazon I have gotten, while others have their orders cancelled many times.Its kind of messed up but I can't say if this is fact or not, just my personal experience with it.

sorry my post wasnt clear, I meant to say my things usually ship out ahead of anyone who usually even pre-orders months before mine. I can pre-order something 2 days before release and have it shipped before your order. Like I stated before I think prime orders are at the top of the queue because every single collectors edition thing I bought on amazon I have gotten, while others have their orders cancelled many times.Its kind of messed up but I can't say if this is fact or not, just my personal experience with it.
Yes super saver shipping is not shipped immediately, that is why it takes more than 1 week to arrive, it is not just the shipping speed that is slower but they also do their best to save money by moving it to a closer warehouse/combining orders. However just because it's shipped first doesn't mean they will cancel slower orders, it's possible they still have it on hold in the order that they are placed even if they're not immediately shipped.

My payday collectors for xbox just shipped yesterday and it was released 2 weeks ago. They didn't cancel the order even though it has been sold out. They still had it on hold for me for the last 2 weeks. So it's still possible they hold orders by the time they were placed unless someone else can confirm that they placed an order after July 28th and received it.. if that's true then i'll only preorder with prime from now on.

The box for the UK version of the Wind Waker HD Ganondorf figure edition looks huge compared to the one for the USA.

I assume the UK one includes that big plastic/glass dome for the figure and the USA one does not.

Can't decide whether to get gta v's CE as ps3 or 360. Most likely the steelbooks will be different sizes yes? sony's blu ray height vs 2 disc on the 360.

heck, I don't even know if I want it on ps3 or 360;

ps3 pros -free psn, single disc, assumably better graphics(since R* had been showing trailers with ps3 build), *more memory available on my ps3

vs

360 pros -*Can let my little bro borrow after I finish, *larger friendslist who will more likely pick it up on 360, *preffered contoller, *I got all the acheivements on GTA4 on 360 and would like to repeat for gta5.

*applicable to me

shit, maybe I should just get it on both and be done with it.

Can't decide whether to get gta v's CE as ps3 or 360. Most likely the steelbooks will be different sizes yes? sony's blu ray height vs 2 disc on the 360.

heck, I don't even know if I want it on ps3 or 360;
ps3 pros -free psn, single disc, assumably better graphics(since R* had been showing trailers with ps3 build), *more memory available on my ps3
vs
360 pros -*Can let my little bro borrow after I finish, *larger friendslist who will more likely pick it up on 360, *preffered contoller, *I got all the acheivements on GTA4 on 360 and would like to repeat for gta5.
*applicable to me

shit, maybe I should just get it on both and be done with it.
your only option now is the xbox 360 version, because the ps3 version is sold out everywhere

"
Holy fuck $50???

your only option now is the xbox 360 version, because the ps3 version is sold out everywhere
hmm, guess that means ps3 version will be worth more down the road. Also, looks like it's still available on gamestop.com??

I just realized something, will sony start charging for psn after ps4 is released? I mean for ps3's psn, if so I might as well go 360.

hmm, guess that means ps3 version will be worth more down the road. Also, looks like it's still available on gamestop.com??

I just realized something, will sony start charging for psn after ps4 is released? I mean for ps3's psn, if so I might as well go 360.
See, I thought you were talking about the Gamestop-exclusive Collector's Edition ($149.99), but when you only mentioned the steelbook, I wondered if you meant the Limited Edition ($79.99), the :ps3: version of which is sold out pretty much everywhere, Gamestop.com included.

But yeah, the Collector's Edition is still available for preorder on Gamestop.com

See, I thought you were talking about the Gamestop-exclusive Collector's Edition ($149.99), but when you only mentioned the steelbook, I wondered if you meant the Limited Edition ($79.99), the :ps3: version of which is sold out pretty much everywhere, Gamestop.com included.

But yeah, the Collector's Edition is still available for preorder on Gamestop.com
amazon will probably have more stock available, once release date comes, they always do due to cancellation with credit card issues.

Yes super saver shipping is not shipped immediately, that is why it takes more than 1 week to arrive, it is not just the shipping speed that is slower but they also do their best to save money by moving it to a closer warehouse/combining orders. However just because it's shipped first doesn't mean they will cancel slower orders, it's possible they still have it on hold in the order that they are placed even if they're not immediately shipped.

My payday collectors for xbox just shipped yesterday and it was released 2 weeks ago. They didn't cancel the order even though it has been sold out. They still had it on hold for me for the last 2 weeks. So it's still possible they hold orders by the time they were placed unless someone else can confirm that they placed an order after July 28th and received it.. if that's true then i'll only preorder with prime from now on.
They ship out based on when the order was placed. Shipping speed has nothing to do with it. I used Super Savet Shipping for my copy of FFXIV CE and still received it this past week.

update:

Tried preordering PS3 GTA V CE on gamestop.com and could not complete checkout. Tried changing credit cards and used different browsers, but still no luck. Didn't work for 360 version either.

Fudge nugget. Procrastinated too long on this one... Seriously tho, why'd they make so few? I thought they were going to mass produce this shit out the ass like any of the halo legendarys... I mean it's just a moneybag and a hat, like they can't make more of these in a chinese sweatshop/? *sigh*

I'll just get the reg ed. from rockstar warehouse, you get free relesase day delivery and a t-shirt, I don't need any more ms points since I have more than know what to do with.

update 2:

...OR NOT. wtf, can't check out of R* warehouse either. "Sorry, we were unable to authorize payment with the provided payment information." Why won't you bastards take my money!? T_T

amex/mc/visa, nothing's working, maybe try again tomorrow?

Anyone hear and use the Best Buy Silver Reward Express Shipping for $1? Does it arrive on release date or day after? Was thinking about getting the GTA Collectors from there.

Anyone care to comment whether Aliens CM Collector Edition is worth $35 new? I know the game has its issue's but is the Collectors edition decent?

Anyone hear and use the Best Buy Silver Reward Express Shipping for $1? Does it arrive on release date or day after? Was thinking about getting the GTA Collectors from there.
Unfortunately only Gamestop and the Rockstar Warehouse themselves had the CE. Personally I think it was an idiotic move on R*'s part to shut out everybody else by either forcing them to buy direct from them or from Gamestop ONLY.

Last edited:
Anyone care to comment whether Aliens CM Collector Edition is worth $35 new? I know the game has its issue's but is the Collectors edition decent?
The figure is okay. Kind of small and the colors are a bit dull. There's really nothing else in there except some crappy papers and some DLC.

it's the buyers fault for not buying a dozen of the same game? :roll:

I think it would be amazon's fault for not protecting their shipments.

Amazon is sold out of that. Thinking of grabbing one at BB while I still can.

Edit. That upgrade look well made. I'm in for one.

And what happened to the spoiler tags. First page is a mess now.

I've got mine ordered also. Glad to see the book is decent quality.

bestbuy is the only place that is guaranteeing the artbook as preorder bonus now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back