Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
i think all the first print run games are the limited edition because I took this picture at work today.This has the artbook and is listed in the system as just kingdom hearts HD remix 1.5 

0NvdAFk.jpg

i think all the first print run games are the limited edition because I took this picture at work today.This has the artbook and is listed in the system as just kingdom hearts HD remix 1.5
from what store? The gamestop I went to today say they only had 10 artbook versions for tuesday's release so first 10 people get them.

amazon wouldn't list 2 versions if they're all the same

from what store? The gamestop I went to today say they only had 10 artbook versions for tuesday's release so first 10 people get them.

amazon wouldn't list 2 versions if they're all the same
I work at target and we have no pre order bonuses and we got these in. I'm literally the only one that pre ordered this at our store

Is KH sold out @BB? I'm trying to submit an order, but keep getting an error.
Are you using a gift card? That's a well-known (and very annoying) persistent error on BBY.com that's been active for a while now. If you are, you can work around it by using m.bestbuy.com.

Are you using a gift card? That's a well-known (and very annoying) persistent error on BBY.com that's been active for a while now. If you are, you can work around it by using m.bestbuy.com.
Actually I was for the full amount. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try the mobile site!

EDIT: thanks again, the mobile site worked!

That actually isn't true, at least in my stores case (Best Buy). I received 3 copies of the limited edition and 5 copies of a plain vanilla case.

I did a pre-order for KH1.5 at GS a few days ago. It had the normal SKU/description.

I went back and did another pre-order tonight. It comes up as:

271369 Kingdom Hearts 1.5 NoArtBook

So it's too late to reserve the limited. I will go in on Tuesday and see if I can still grab one though. If not, just gonna cancel the pre-order.

I just got an email from amazon about Final Fantasy Collectors.. anyone else have their orders canceled?

"We recently learned that we won't be able to get this item from the manufacturer as expected.
Your order has been cancelled and you haven't been charged. We realize we can't fully make up for the item being unavailable; however, we'd like to offer you a $50 Amazon.com promotional certificate that you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
"
which Final Fantasy Collector are you referring to?

I went to GS and the employee told me that they had reserved a art book edition for me. Apparently, they only got a few and didn't have enough to cover all pre-orders. The rest they received are vanilla copies. I wonder if this will be tough to be find.

I went to GS and the employee told me that they had reserved a art book edition for me. Apparently, they only got a few and didn't have enough to cover all pre-orders. The rest they received are vanilla copies. I wonder if this will be tough to be find.
it all depends on amazon, if they gotten more shipments after release. like they did was tales of xilla collectors edition.

Didn't realize the artbook for the KH Limited Edition was also the case itself. And by the looks of it, it will be DVD size. My OCD will not allow this, seeing it next to my regular PS3 games. What to do with my copy when it arrives Tuesday >.<

Wal-mart still has it, in case anyone is panicking. I never would have imagined this would actually turn out to be rare. It seems purely like a pre-order bonus (and a scant one at that) to me as opposed to a limited edition (same deal with the FFX one) but I guess you never know. Although I'm certainly not complaining since it's pretty much free. 

Check your local Gamestop if you're looking for the LE Kingdom Hearts. Mine had dozens behind the counter for anyone.

I pre-ordered this last week at Best Buy, but apparently it went in too late for them to ship out an LE for me.  I do have to say that the employees really went out of their way to help out though, at one point they had two people on the phone and one checking the website to find one.  They managed to find a nearby store that had an extra one and shipped it in today, so I'm happy.  

Of course, after picking it up today I realized I could have just taken the $20 gift card they offered me, bought a Visa card with the Best Buy credit I had for it  and picked it up at Target.  I even had a pre-order card from the whole Tomb Raider thing that gives a $5 gift card.  I think I was just so blown away at the effort they made trying to help me it completely flew out of my mind.

Adding to that is the fact that the woman who brought the LE to the front desk was under the impression that it was just a pre-order art book and was just going to give it to me and let me walk out.  Frigging conscience wouldn't let me do it though, I told her there was a game inside and I still had to pay.  I wouldn't last a day at SD. 

I had a bunch of FFXIV CEs for PS3. I wanted to keep one and play that game but the graphics on for the console version looked soooo bad compared to the PC version.

If S-E announced that PS3 players would get the PS4 version for free at the launch of the game, I probably would have kept a copy to play. Kinda bummed that I got rid of them. It was a really nice CE.

GameStop is probably your best bet. I had been checking the store tracker regularly after the release and was finally able to grab one last week. In fact, I still see one available in my area.
yeah I check everyday but they are all on hold for the ones that pre-ordered them. they said I should try again at the end of the week. I don't know why they hold on to them for so long. Give them to people that actually want them already.

I had a bunch of FFXIV CEs for PS3. I wanted to keep one and play that game but the graphics on for the console version looked soooo bad compared to the PC version.

If S-E announced that PS3 players would get the PS4 version for free at the launch of the game, I probably would have kept a copy to play. Kinda bummed that I got rid of them. It was a really nice CE.
They did, and we will.

The graphics arent bad either lol.

They did, and we will.

Yeah I know, but the announcement was made at a time which made it irrelevant to me. I had already missed the launch and sold my copies.

I tried the beta out on PC and PS3 and just couldn't bear looking at the PS3 version. Given the choice, I'll always go for the better version. It was just trophy lust tempting me.

Hmm... I have a :ps3: GTA V CE pre ordered. Should I bother picking this up or will this hit clearance like the last few GS exclusives (DOA 5, NG 3, Defiance, etc)

Hmm... I have a :ps3: GTA V CE pre ordered. Should I bother picking this up or will this hit clearance like the last few GS exclusives (DOA 5, NG 3, Defiance, etc)
I don't think it will hit clearance. If the dlc is truly exclusive, it will be gobble up and packaged out on ebay. I seen people at the midnight releases that don't even know about this edition and upgrading to any available copies. People are caught in the moment right now.

They did, and we will.

The game already has what looks like leftover textures from the original FFXIV, so one might as well make the rest of the game look better. Not only are the graphics strikingly different, but the frame rate is unbearable on the PS3 if you've ever played it on PC. Throw in the clunkier UI and you have a downright horrible experience when compared to the PC.

Whatever happened with the walking dead GS exclusive? Did that become rare? I remember I considered it, but it seemed a little expensive for what you got.

Dark Souls II

Black Armor Edition - Comes with steelbook and soundtrack.   (Seems like this is the 'standard' version of the game for all preorders.)

Collector's Edition - This is the Black Armor Edition plus the art book, cloth map and 12" figure.

dark_souls_2_ce.jpg

Article source.

&amp;amp;nbsp;
Dark Souls II
&amp;amp;nbsp;
Black Armor Edition - Comes with steelbook and soundtrack. &amp;amp;nbsp; (Seems like this is the 'standard' version of the game for all preorders.)
&amp;amp;nbsp;
Collector's Edition - This is the Black Armor Edition plus the art book, cloth map and 12" figure.
&amp;amp;nbsp;
dark_souls_2_ce.jpg

&amp;amp;nbsp;
Article source.
thanks, nice looking ce. sadly, dark souls is not my type of game.

Whatever happened with the walking dead GS exclusive? Did that become rare? I remember I considered it, but it seemed a little expensive for what you got.
It's sitting at just above $100. I bought one but never opened it. I'm thinking though that I might, especially with word that there's going to be another game. However, if Gamestop doesn't have another exclusive to complete the set, then I'll just sell it off.

Damn.. hopefully that DS2 is reasonably priced. I will have to get that Day 1 lol

Anyone here pick up GTA V Special Edition?

How does your steelbook look? Mine is full of paint chips :( I emailed R* but I don't expect them to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back