Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
How does billing work there? Just an authorization charge?

Also is it easy to contact them to change info? I know ill be in a different state by launch

How does billing work there? Just an authorization charge?

Also is it easy to contact them to change info? I know ill be in a different state by launch
with digital river, good luck . if it is really limited like ni no kuni wizards edition, and somehow they over sold. be prepare for the cancellation email, and still be charged

It's an established franchise (beloved by some), I am sure it will sell out.
Aren't 3 of the 5 figures (I don't remember a cat in Symphonia 1) from a game that most Tales fans shun?

I'm a huge Tales of fan, and I'll probably give Symphonia 2 a chance when I pick this HD remake up. I've heard very bad things about it though.

Most HD remakes are $40, so even $80 for a LE would be pushing it for me, let alone $100.

- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Multi-Disc music soundtrack
- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles printed novel detailing the events between both games
Sounds cool, but not an extra $60 cool. The figures drove the price up; I'd be all over a more reasonably priced figure-less version.

Why is the Assassin's Creed 4 Limited Edition for the PS4 both sold out at BestBuy and GameStop??? :headache: Didn't think it was gonna be sold out this soon already....

Probably because Watch Dogs got delayed. Nothing else to get now lol
Lol, I was actually just thinking about that now. I don't even know what I'm gonna play on my PS4 now. I'm getting BF4 (PS3 upgrade) and COD (both PS3 & PS4) ghost but those are for my kids, not much of a shooter guy.

$130 for a CE is a bit too much though but I want the steelbook and the statue. I guess I can always cancel if I preorder from Amazon.

I know Amazon gets pissed when you return a bunch of items, but do they get mad if you cancel pre-orders?

I always put one in even when I am only say 10% leaning to get it just in case. I can always cancel later. But in the last month I've cancelled like 5 pre-orders.

I know Amazon gets pissed when you return a bunch of items, but do they get mad if you cancel pre-orders?

I always put one in even when I am only say 10% leaning to get it just in case. I can always cancel later. But in the last month I've cancelled like 5 pre-orders.
Don't worry I do it all the time, just did another 3 orders yesterday trying to cut down my x1 launch list. I give them more than enough business and it really doesn't hurt them if you do it for enough in advance anyway. The only instance I could see if you are canceling all your orders a day or so before it ships all the time. I love Amazon just for this reason, so you may reserve anything far in advance before you are 100% sure.

Is there any word on whether the NA Arkham Origins CE is actually going to be rare?  I have one paid off at Gamestop that I want for display and play, but I'd of course be willing to wait a month or 2 if the price is going to drop, even $20.

Has anyone been able to cancel their Symphonia order at Namco? I've sent a few emails and nothing has happened.
Not for this particular game, but yes, in the past I have successfully canceled an order through them. Just keep emailing them and eventually you will get a confirmation/reply.

Is there any word on whether the NA Arkham Origins CE is actually going to be rare? I have one paid off at Gamestop that I want for display and play, but I'd of course be willing to wait a month or 2 if the price is going to drop, even $20.
It just depends on how many were produced. I held off getting it this time cause it was $120 and was banking on another $50-60 price tag about 5 months down the line when stores start to get rid of their stock. I lucked out and snagged Injustice CE about 2 or so weeks ago at amazon for $50. Also the same for Watch Dogs and AC4. If I can snag them for even 50% off their launch price after a while, I'll be a happy camper. :)

Do not expand spoiler if you have not played Infamous 2

I am confused about Cole's Legacy story continuity, don't tell it continues from the bad ending of 2. Very intrigued now.

Do not expand spoiler if you have not played Infamous 2

I am confused about Cole's Legacy story continuity, don't tell it continues from the bad ending of 2. Very intrigued now.
I believe...

the story takes place AFTER the good ending and basically spits in Coles face. This choice seems obvious, since SP said something like 70%+ of people went good and of course "Conduits who were further away from the RFI’s blast radius weren’t completely “cured,” so there are still a number of less-powerful Conduits and Conduits who didn’t know they had powers scattered across the globe." So basically, they were "purposefully" vague and then cheapened everything Cole gave just so they could have a third game. Lame, but maybe they will give him a better send off via DLC (as many pointed out the lightning bolt was shaped like a ?).

Why is the Assassin's Creed 4 Limited Edition for the PS4 both sold out at BestBuy and GameStop??? :headache: Didn't think it was gonna be sold out this soon already....
Preorders are ALWAYS cutoff on LE a minimum of 1 month in advance of release. Sooner for high demand and/or low supply CE like Tales of Xillia, GTA V, Last of Us, etc.

That Infamous CE sucks IMO. 2 was so much better; soundtrack, figure & the bag which I still use. Of course it helped that GS dropped the price to $60 a month after release.

Preorders are ALWAYS cutoff on LE a minimum of 1 month in advance of release. Sooner for high demand and/or low supply CE like Tales of Xillia, GTA V, Last of Us, etc.
No they aren't. There are tons of LE and CE games that never have preorders cut off at all. Lately it has been a more frequent occurence as publishers have tried to more closely match demand, but its still the exception rather than the rule and it generally doesn't happen for huge releases like Batman will be.

That Infamous CE sucks IMO. 2 was so much better; soundtrack, figure & the bag which I still use. Of course it helped that GS dropped the price to $60 a month after release.
I'm also not impressed with its contents (was hoping for a figure), but I guess it's nice to see an $80 CE nowadays, what with all the $120 or more SKUs we've seen lately.

If you're still looking for Batman Arkham Origins CE, go hastings is still taking them. I've been searching every retailer for the last three days with no luck. Finally I remembered them and sure enough they were there. Good luck to all!

Anyone have any clue when an unboxing video may be released for the Batman Origins CE? I don't know if the dev. released early videos for their previous ones or not, but I'm hoping they do with this one. 

If you're still looking for Batman Arkham Origins CE, go hastings is still taking them. I've been searching every retailer for the last three days with no luck. Finally I remembered them and sure enough they were there. Good luck to all!
Thank you thank you thank you! Hopefully they wont cancel it!

I remember gohastings was actually sold out at one point (ps3).  They may have just within the last few days made it available again and it probably won't last long.

These will be easily available at launch. Just keep an eye on Amazon,GS and BB - in that order :)
This, especially with Amazon who always have customers with payment issues or last minute cancellations. I still can't do it with the $100+ price tag though. I'll stick with my BBY regular copy with free steelbook and $10RZ.

This, especially with Amazon who always have customers with payment issues or last minute cancellations. I still can't do it with the $100+ price tag though. I'll stick with my BBY regular copy with free steelbook and $10RZ.
Its a metalpak heh...

I preordered (sort of) via ebay, the UK metalpak, with 3D cover for $69.99. Comes with the game as well.

I have a strong feeling CDU is like DDD. They cancelled my arkham origins preorder
Oh how I love acronyms... So guys, who's been to DMQ and FCT?? Seen the YMGTYJGNG yet? Cool stuff. Great deal! Well, I have to go, I need to pick up my AFASFASDF at SGFG. It was half off! SDGSFGSGHHSHETYRHGFHN!!! Cya!

It certainly isn't a metal pak spine that's for sure and ..Yep it is indeed a collectible case, so? Everyone is just assuming its a metal pak for some reason. I know it's a steelbook, just wait till Friday and you'll see anyway. no problem, it's all good. haha.

It certainly isn't a metal pak spine that's for sure and ..Yep it is indeed a collectible case, so? Everyone is just assuming its a metal pak for some reason. I know it's a steelbook, just wait till Friday and you'll see anyway. no problem, it's all good. haha.
See now im confused cause youre so confident lol

100% positive?? No doubts???

All the artwork for all the different Arkham Origins tin cases show metal pack spines. Best Buy also went and changed their wording for their pre-order bonus. It used to say steelbook, now it says collectible metal case--or something like that.

All the artwork for all the different Arkham Origins tin cases show metal pack spines. Best Buy also went and changed their wording for their pre-order bonus. It used to say steelbook, now it says collectible metal case--or something like that.
So it should be a metalpak right?

idk what to believe lol

So it should be a metalpak right?

idk what to believe lol

Its a metapak. I saw a pic of it online. The dude who I reserved it from BETTER have my case waiting when I puck it up! Lol

Ok, I'm going to be that guy and ask if anyone has any idea if the Best Buy pre-order case is going to be like the Dead Island case and just be given with the game or if it's going to be on the invoice.  I have it pre-ordered for the case, but also have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered.  I guess I'd make my money back selling it with the Deathstroke dlc on Ebay, but I'd rather avoid that.

Ok, I'm going to be that guy and ask if anyone has any idea if the Best Buy pre-order case is going to be like the Dead Island case and just be given with the game or if it's going to be on the invoice. I have it pre-ordered for the case, but also have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered. I guess I'd make my money back selling it with the Deathstroke dlc on Ebay, but I'd rather avoid that.

The game case I believe if you order online should be sent to you with your order. As for picking up in store I don't know because the website says you only get it online but an in store employee told me its first come first serve when a game is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back