Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eldergias']Star Wars TOR CE sold out on Origin and Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yep, this thing will be worth a ton at launch.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I think it'll come back in stock, at Amazon at least.[/QUOTE]
Oh for sure, but for their initial allocation to sell out in less than a day is pretty indicative.

[quote name='smellmybutt']Looks like I have a reason to buy an Xbox 360 now.[/QUOTE]

I already have 2 and seriously considered the GoW themed bundle, but I hate the color red. So when I just clicked on the thread and saw this, the biggest smile went across my face:D I can't wait! The bundle appears to come with a white Kinect as well, so dare I say the best looking themed console created? Will surely get one to play and use, and the collector in me wants one sealed, so looks like $900 gone come this holiday:bouncy:

i have a strange feeling this sold out so quick because they give you the early access code right away and people wanna play the game for free, who knows how many of them actually bought this to keep it or are gonna cancel their preorders later.

Lol, some dude already has one up for $200. I'd imagine this easily going for double if they do hit the holiday release window they've set.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, some dude already has one up for $200. I'd imagine this easily going for double if they do hit the holiday release window they've set.[/QUOTE]

Very unlikely. EA will keep upping the allocation until the last possible moment and like the Starcraft 2 CE and the more recent WoW CEs, this will not sell out for quite some time.

[quote name='bojay1997']Very unlikely. EA will keep upping the allocation until the last possible moment and like the Starcraft 2 CE and the more recent WoW CEs, this will not sell out for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I truly believe that this will only have 50k units. While that's not that small of a number, remember that this is Star Wars we're talking about. If someone is truly a SW collector, they will buy one to keep sealed and one to play, so that's going to limit the number available. I'm also fairly certain that there are more than 50k hardcore SW fans, PC gamers who like the franchise, and a mix of the like in the world. So, with that large of a demand, and the 50k supply, I think that this is going to be fairly limited on launch. Probably not Bioshock limited, but it could happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Oh for sure, but for their initial allocation to sell out in less than a day is pretty indicative.[/QUOTE]
I don't know... their initial allocation of DNF Balls of Steel sold out as well.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I don't think so. I truly believe that this will only have 50k units. While that's not that small of a number, remember that this is Star Wars we're talking about. If someone is truly a SW collector, they will buy one to keep sealed and one to play, so that's going to limit the number available. I'm also fairly certain that there are more than 50k hardcore SW fans, PC gamers who like the franchise, and a mix of the like in the world. So, with that large of a demand, and the 50k supply, I think that this is going to be fairly limited on launch. Probably not Bioshock limited, but it could happen.[/QUOTE]

Having spent the last 15 minutes looking for evidence of this alleged 50K limited number, it appears EA has never said this at all. In fact, Kotaku quoted an anonymous "EA insider" as saying 50K would be guaranteed while they will take 500K pre-orders and implement a wait list. I'm sorry, but that sounds completely made up. Is EA really going to turn down 500K or $75 million in potential revenue just to let a few collectors have something "limited"? Absolutely not and it makes no sense that they would only produce 50K of something and then maintain a wait list 10X that large. This will not be limited in any way.

[quote name='bojay1997']Having spent the last 15 minutes looking for evidence of this alleged 50K limited number, it appears EA has never said this at all. In fact, Kotaku quoted an anonymous "EA insider" as saying 50K would be guaranteed while they will take 500K pre-orders and implement a wait list. I'm sorry, but that sounds completely made up. Is EA really going to turn down 500K or $75 million in potential revenue just to let a few collectors have something "limited"? Absolutely not and it makes no sense that they would only produce 50K of something and then maintain a wait list 10X that large. This will not be limited in any way.[/QUOTE]

The 500k number is for ALL preorders, read that, ALL. All includes the CE, standard, digital, and digital deluxe. So, your theory makes no sense.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']The 500k number is for ALL preorders, read that, ALL. All includes the CE, standard, digital, and digital deluxe. So, your theory makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

There's no theory, just me quoting the rumor Kotaku published and you have now taken as fact. Here is what they said two days ago:

"Pre-orders for The Old Republic will come in two flavors, the basic edition and the special Collector's Edition. The total number of pre-orders EA is purportedly taking caps out at 500,000, with only the first 50,000 pre-orders guaranteed, the rest queued in a prioritized waiting list."

Now, in contrast, here is the FAQ directly from the developer and publisher:

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

Please show me where it says there will only be 50K collector's editions, only 50K guaranteed players initially or 500K total users maximum? It doesn't. That figure was totally made up or based on speculation. Is it possible they will cut off preorders at some point? Absolutely. Are they claiming they will limit initial sales to build a good and stable gamer's community? Yes. Does that mean there will only be 50K collector's editions or only 500K total pre-sales? Nope. In fact, if they really do limit sales, I suspect they will try to force sales of the more expensive collector's edition to squeeze maximum profit from every one of the limited number of initial players possible.

[quote name='bojay1997']There's no theory, just me quoting the rumor Kotaku published and you have now taken as fact. Here is what they said two days ago:

"Pre-orders for The Old Republic will come in two flavors, the basic edition and the special Collector's Edition. The total number of pre-orders EA is purportedly taking caps out at 500,000, with only the first 50,000 pre-orders guaranteed, the rest queued in a prioritized waiting list."

Now, in contrast, here is the FAQ directly from the developer and publisher:

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

Please show me where it says there will only be 50K collector's editions, only 50K guaranteed players initially or 500K total users maximum? It doesn't. That figure was totally made up or based on speculation. Is it possible they will cut off preorders at some point? Absolutely. Are they claiming they will limit initial sales to build a good and stable gamer's community? Yes. Does that mean there will only be 50K collector's editions or only 500K total pre-sales? Nope. In fact, if they really do limit sales, I suspect they will try to force sales of the more expensive collector's edition to squeeze maximum profit from every one of the limited number of initial players possible.[/QUOTE]

What I got from you Kotaku rumor is that there wil be 50k guaranteed pre-orders. Only some of these will be the collector's edition. 450k may receive a copy at launch. Nowhere did it say that they made up the figure just because they thought it sounded good. If anything, you just proved that it will be more limited than I thought for the CE at launch.

Seems the Arkham City's CE Statue showed up at SDCC. There's a number of pics here. The flash kind of white-washed his face a bit, but you can still check out the detail present...assuming this isn't just a show model and the retail release is a crappy knock-off.

[quote name='evophile']Details to be revealed at Call of Duty XP con, but here's a preview of MW3 Hardened Edition:[/QUOTE]
Don't care as long as there is a steelbook to match up with MW and MW2 Hardened.

[quote name='Scorpius']I'm torn on that Batman CE, the statue is nice and all, but do I really want it?[/QUOTE]
You want it but you don't really need it. That's what I told myself :bouncy:

[quote name='eau']Don't care as long as there is a steelbook to match up with MW and MW2 Hardened.

You want it but you don't really need it. That's what I told myself :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

There was a MW steelbook? didnt know that.

goddamn.. if i hadnt moved to the US and stayed back home in indonesia.. would have been able to get my hands on that.. but maybe not.. there are no EBgames or gamestop there :p

Skyrim Collector's Edition

A presentation for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is currently in progress at QuakeCon, and it’s already brought us a bit of great news. Director Todd Howard recently confirmed that The Dark Brotherhood will be making an appearance in the game.
It’s also been announced that the game will be getting a Collector’s Edition when it launches this November for $149.99. It’ll come with a statue, 200 page art book, and a making-of DVD. More details are expected to be shared shortly.

Here’s a rundown of the Collector’s Edition contents straight from Bethesda:
Alduin Statue: Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.

The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book: Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.

‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

Link: http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7181

P.S.....sorry I can't post the pic I'm on my phone.

[quote name='ShockandAww']$150 dope though? Not gonna get it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know! I wish they had a middle version with everything but the statue for $99. The artbook and cloth map are what I really want. I'm pretty sick of all the damn statues in these CE's lately.

Yeah I definitely see that Skyrim CE going down to $60 in the future, no way in hell would I pay $150 for that. It's probably the weakest of the ultimate CEs I've seen yet, all you get is the statue, a making of dvd, art book, and the game with the preorder cloth.

Yeah, I somewhat doubt that this one will drop. They said extremely limited production run, so I think its going to be sold out before a price drop, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Where is the rest of it?[/QUOTE]

At a minimum there has to be some kind of box. I would agree that for $150 it seems overpriced and underfeatured.

$150 is just WAY WAY WAY too much for what they're offering. Think about these ideas to put it in perspective... Halo Reach's was the same pice, you had a statue with four Spartans and the backdrop, the DLC, special box, special case for the game, the patch, journals, and tons of other stuff. Not only that, but they are saying a map, book, making of DVD, and a statue are worth in value MORE than the game itself. Plus even Halo ODST's CE had that controller and it was what, $90?

And I (probably like many others) had very high hopes for this CE. Even if it's a true limited edition like they're touting, it's still not worth $150. I was hoping for a lot of cool TRUE collector's items. Like maybe a letter opener Umbra sword or a bottle of "skooma"...maybe even a plush mud crab.

Truly, truly disappointing. The best thing I can say about this is maybe enough people won't buy it that it'll be clearanced out like most of the other games (and like Fallout 3 and FO NV both were) out there.... and also it's nice that I don't have to drop a hundred bucks on it like I had planned too (as I assumed that's about what it would be).

Being an Elder Scrolls fan, I was expecting to drop no more than $100 for the CE for a day one purchase. But $150? Too much...guess I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.

The dragon statue looks the nicest out of all the uber 150 editions, but it alone can't justify the price. Maybe more details are to come? Free dlc vouchers would push it to instant buy.

added the skyrim to the op. Seems pretty expensive for what's included, but the statue does look pretty cool.

edit: also added the R3 Doomsday edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back