Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the Agarest 2 from Amazon yesterday. I am hoping it'll be a better game than the Agarest 1. It had such a crappy story that it put me to sleep! The original Agarest War (starring Leonhardt) was much better.

[quote name='HakaHina']You bring up some very good points, but trying to assert (or at least, that's what I think you're doing) your opinion as universal for most people weakens your argument. I agree that CEs should have more quality behind them, as long as the price is within reasonable amounts (take the Resident Evil 6 premium edition for Japan that includes a replica of Leon's jacket for a whopping 105,000 yen/$1300; no way you won't have buyer's remorse after getting this). Even then, not all collectables, no matter their quality, would appeal to all people. The super premium for the US Disgaea 4, to cite an example, included a set of 9 trading figures, while the JP version received a single nendoroid figure (of higher quality). In this case, who's to say which version is superior? Inclusion of specific goods for the CEs are subjective in taste, and whether one desires quantity over quality (in which case, a true collector would buy both).[/QUOTE]

I never said that my opinion was universal for most people or anything even close to that statement. In fact, the VAST majority of people would probably disagree. I was speaking specifically about people that are into the high end collectible market, which is actually a very small segment of the population, at least when compared to the normal collectibles market, and I stand by what I said 100%. I have seen this discussion play out MANY times over the past couple of years, on many of the high end collectible forums like Sideshow's, and the results are always the same. You get a few people here and there that believe that each additional tier should contain the items for that tier plus all the items from the tiers below it but the VAST majority just care about the high end piece. They have no interest in the lower end items. Go and join Sideshow's forums and start up a discussion on this topic and see for yourself the kinds of responses you get. I will even chime in to help get it started.

I started collecting back in 1995. It was actually the creation of Sideshow Collectibles back in 1994 that got me interested in the market. If there is one thing I have learned over the last 15+ years in this market its this, the more interest people have in the high end market, the less interest they have in the lower end markets. In other words, the more people buy in the high end market, the less they buy in the lower end markets. The 2 markets are actually rather distinct and separate from one another, at least in regards to the people collecting the pieces and its usually the amount of disposable income that one has that separates the two. If people can afford to buy higher end collectibles, they usually do. It sounds a bit snobbish but in my experience with the market, that's exactly how things play out. I also know many collectors and dealers first hand and its the same story with most of them as well. I will admit that one of my good friends defies this sort of separation of markets. He collects everything under the sun. It doesn't matter what the quality is or how much its worth. If its a particular subject matter then he buys it.

So to sum this up, I wasn't suggesting that my opinion was universal and I certainly wasn't suggesting that I know what everyone's opinion on this matter is and that everyone agrees with me. I was simply speaking from my experience with the market and in that regard...well, I will simply say this - I think MOST high end collectors, that have an interest in seeing true high end pieces in the videogame CE market, have very little interest in the lower end collectibles that we usually see released with special edition games. Again everything I have seen in the last 15+ years with this market tells me that statement is unequivocally true. Your certainly entitled to disagree and if that is the case then we will just agree to disagree. Again, I respect that people have different opinions, even if i disagree wholeheartedly with what they are saying.

[quote name='Zaku77']Not to mention if you collect a large number of series it's hard enough to keep up on CEs as it is. Saying that they should be super spendy and 'premium' is madness![/QUOTE]

Try properly reading a thread next time, it helps considerably. First off, I never said anything about replacing regular special editions with "super spendy releases", as you so eloquently put it. I am talking about multiple tiers of CE's, which is exactly what we have seen thus far when certain developers wanted to create a higher quality CE. 2nd, I never said anything about releasing these sorts of high end collectors editions for each and every game released. In fact, I was specifically talking about the major releases, titles like Bioshock, Borderlands, Halo, Mass Effect etc... I could honestly care less what they do with the other 85% of the games released. I just want high end releases for the major titles and thats exactly in line with what we have seen thus far, in regards to the progression we have seen thus far with these sorts of releases. The big titles get them and the smaller ones don't. In all honesty, this shouldnt even have to be spelled out for someone. Its simply common sense.

As for the it being madness part....well, I guess some people just don't realize the amount of growth the high end market has seen in recent years. Just hop on over to Sideshow and look at the sheer number of items available now, most of which are above the 250.00 mark, some considerably so. This is in direct response to the growth of the market. Now look at the other 15+ high end companies making products these days (Weta, Triforce, NECA, CS Moore, Museum Replicas, QMX, etc.) If you honestly think "super spendy" CE releases for major video game titles wouldn't sell then you don't know this market anywhere near as well as you think you do. With edition sizes of 500-5000 I guarantee each and every one would sell out in a heartbeat. That is of course if they design something worthwhile. If they create crappy items then all bets are off.

Since I don't have the disposable income (college student) to acquire experience in the field, I'll take your word for it. I do, however, occasionally collect figures from JP, so I know a little bit about the high end market you're referring to.

I just don't think a true collector would ignore the items within the lower tier, since a collector accumulates every trinket or merchandise associated with their interest, regardless of quality (and especially since they have huge amounts of disposable income). Either way, while we may not have seen eye to eye, this has been an enlightening discussion.

Back on topic, already preordered Agarest 2 LE

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']
Try properly reading a thread next time, it helps considerably. First off, I never said anything about replacing regular special editions with "super spendy releases", as you so eloquently put it. I am talking about multiple tiers of CE's, which is exactly what we have seen thus far when certain developers wanted to create a higher quality CE. 2nd, I never said anything about releasing these sorts of high end collectors editions for each and every game released. In fact, I was specifically talking about the major releases, titles like Bioshock, Borderlands, Halo, Mass Effect etc... I could honestly care less what they do with the other 85% of the games released. I just want high end releases for the major titles and thats exactly in line with what we have seen thus far, in regards to the progression we have seen thus far with these sorts of releases. The big titles get them and the smaller ones don't. In all honesty, this shouldnt even have to be spelled out for someone. Its simply common sense.

As for the it being madness part....well, I guess some people just don't realize the amount of growth the high end market has seen in recent years. Just hop on over to Sideshow and look at the sheer number of items available now, most of which are above the 250.00 mark, some considerably so. This is in direct response to the growth of the market. Now look at the other 15+ high end companies making products these days (Weta, Triforce, NECA, CS Moore, Museum Replicas, QMX, etc.) If you honestly think "super spendy" CE releases for major video game titles wouldn't sell then you don't know this market anywhere near as well as you think you do. With edition sizes of 500-5000 I guarantee each and every one would sell out in a heartbeat. That is of course if they design something worthwhile. If they create crappy items then all bets are off.[/QUOTE]

I would love to properly read your posts, if only they weren't as long as an average chapter in a book. I know it's not speaking per say, but you must be in love with the sound of your own voice. My reply wasn't rude or antagonistic in the slightest, and yet you come back with an indignant speech. I think a blog is the better place for you...

[quote name='NolbertoS']In for the blow up doll..oh wait..err..wrong thread :p...damn..why is this not on the Xbox360?? I have both Agarest and Agarest zero for 360.[/QUOTE]

There originally wasn't a 360 version in JP, so localization can't magically create one. They only have the PS3 since that was the only port available.

[quote name='Zaku77']I would love to properly read your posts, if only they weren't as long as an average chapter in a book. I know it's not speaking per say, but you must be in love with the sound of your own voice. My reply wasn't rude or antagonistic in the slightest, and yet you come back with an indignant speech. I think a blog is the better place for you...[/QUOTE]

Then don't read them. Its really that simple. Its always amusing to see people bitch and moan about posts when all they have to do is ignore them. Its one of the one true mind boggling aspects to internet forums. Its like people pretend they have absolutely no control over what they read. If someone makes a post, they simply have to read it, lol. As for the rest of your post, I never said your reply was rude or antagonistic. It was just completely 100% unneeded as nothing you said had anything to do with what I was saying.

Of course, nobody forced you to reply to any of my posts either but that's just another one of the mind boggling aspects to internet forums. People not only complain about posts that they can easily ignore, they also reply to them. I just don't get it and probably never will. Oh well, life goes on.

[quote name='HakaHina']Since I don't have the disposable income (college student) to acquire experience in the field, I'll take your word for it. I do, however, occasionally collect figures from JP, so I know a little bit about the high end market you're referring to.

I just don't think a true collector would ignore the items within the lower tier, since a collector accumulates every trinket or merchandise associated with their interest, regardless of quality (and especially since they have huge amounts of disposable income). Either way, while we may not have seen eye to eye, this has been an enlightening discussion.[/QUOTE]

I was so broke in my college days I literally lived on rice, noodles and the occasional stick of beef jerky. My cats ate better than I did. Every extra penny I had went into photography gear and that continued on for the first 3 years after I graduated. College is rough on the collecting budget.

As for the collecting, I actually think its a progression. People start out collecting everything and then as time goes on they get more picky about what they collect. And as people get older and get bigger paychecks, they start buying the more expensive items. Once those people get used to the craftsmanship and quality of the higher end pieces....well, it gets more and more difficult buying the cheap stuff as it just isn't as satisfying. At least that's my theory on the whole thing and for the most part, that is what happened with me. I still collect some of the lower and mid ranged stuff from time to time but I would much rather save my money and put it towards something really cool. Of course, the best part about the higher end stuff is you can get your money back out if you need to. In fact, you can make a nice profit with the right items. A lot of the high end stuff appreciates in value as time goes on. That just isn't the case with most of the stuff in the lower end markets.

Anyways, you should check out the new SyFy show called Hollywood Treasure if your interested in high end collectibles. Its actually a really interesting show if your into that kind of stuff. There are 5 full episodes that you can view for free right from SyFy's website. Here is the description from SyFy:

Get an inside view from the life of Joe Maddalena, owner of Profiles in History and the world's largest auctioneer of original movie, television and pop culture relics.

Hollywood Treasure, follows Joe as he navigates his way through the intricate world of collecting showbiz and pop culture memorabilia: from the Wicked Witch of the West hat and the vintage Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car to Mary Poppins' carpet bag and other unforgettable props and costumes.

Each week, you'll travel the globe with Joe and his crew as they search for the most compelling, rare, and sought-after Hollywood memorabilia. A true adventure seeker, Joe tracks leads that send him to a variety of unlikely places— like combing through dusty basements and attics or meeting with world-renowned celebrities to peruse through their personal keepsakes.

The Darksiders II Collector's Edition is sold out at Amazon and Gamestop already, and still a month from launch. I imagine it should become available closer to launch?

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Then don't read them. Its really that simple. Its always amusing to see people bitch and moan about posts when all they have to do is ignore them. Its one of the one true mind boggling aspects to internet forums. Its like people pretend they have absolutely no control over what they read. If someone makes a post, they simply have to read it, lol. As for the rest of your post, I never said your reply was rude or antagonistic. It was just completely 100% unneeded as nothing you said had anything to do with what I was saying.

Of course, nobody forced you to reply to any of my posts either but that's just another one of the mind boggling aspects to internet forums. People not only complain about posts that they can easily ignore, they also reply to them. I just don't get it and probably never will. Oh well, life goes on.

You do realize that in your previous reply you specifically made mention to 'properly reading the thread', don't you? I realize this gave you a reason to type even more drivel, but it was actually uncalled for this time. I chose to respond to you after choosing to read a thread on a website I choose to visit. It's as simple as that. Please just go start a blog. You seem to have a lot to 'say', and you have an extremely long winded way of going about doing it. It's best to talk at people (ie a blog) when that is how you choose to carry on.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']...I am talking about a 300+ dollar price point and limiting them to 500-5000 copies...[/QUOTE]

I read most of your posts in the last couple of pages, interesting points. However, when I came across the statement above it just didn't make sense.

500 * $300 = $150k

While I can totally see a few hundred people crazy enough to pay $300 for a little toy replica of their favorite game - no matter how high quality, it is still just a toy, right? However, $150k minus cost hardly seem enough of a profit for most company to even bother with, especially if you are talking about a major game company.

On the other hand, if you start making thousands of these collectors item, is the market still big enough?

Now imagine the cost of making a soundtrack CD and selling your game just $5 more. Multiply that by 100k copies, does that not make sense now?

edited out personal opinion.

righteousnixon-
copy and paste your recent posts and email them to the game publishers that you would want to provide said rare items. i get what your saying and understand the market for such high end collectables, but ranting about them here, in a forum called Cheap Ass Gamer, is not gonna make your dream come true any sooner.

I agree. The reality is that publishers see little value in doing truly limited edition packages. EA obviously didn't decide to do it again after the first Dead Space and Studio 38 is hovering on bankruptcy if the reports today are to be believed, so they obviously didn't make tons of profit on the actually limited edition release they did. The whole concept of limited or collector's editions in video games is to get people who might wait a while to buy a new game at a discount to buy it at launch at MSRP. Ideally, they would like to sell as many as possible without having leftovers at retail. That model doesn't work when they manufacture truly limited runs of expensive collector's editions. Publishers are making literally millions off of "limited" and "collector's" editions on bigger games and they have no interest in making a few hundred thousand dollars on a very niche market that actually costs far more to produce and manufacture for.

[quote name='Asgardian']I read most of your posts in the last couple of pages, interesting points. However, when I came across the statement above it just didn't make sense.

500 * $300 = $150k

While I can totally see a few hundred people crazy enough to pay $300 for a little toy replica of their favorite game - no matter how high quality, it is still just a toy, right? However, $150k minus cost hardly seem enough of a profit for most company to even bother with, especially if you are talking about a major game company.

On the other hand, if you start making thousands of these collectors item, is the market still big enough?

Now imagine the cost of making a soundtrack CD and selling your game just $5 more. Multiply that by 100k copies, does that not make sense now?

edited out personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 Limited Edition Announced
Limited Edition Contents
War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital content also included:
° Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
° Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
° Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
An exclusive in-game emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
$99.99 @Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/halo-4-limited-edition/102028

Am I missing something or is the limited content all digital? I see some type of steelbook and vinyl(?) folder pictured, but it's not mentioned at all in the description.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Halo 4 Limited Edition Announced
Limited Edition Contents
War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
Digital content also included:
° Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
° Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
° Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
An exclusive in-game emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
$99.99 @Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/halo-4-limited-edition/102028[/QUOTE]

Looks interesting, a LOT of content. Yet it releases a few days after the due date of my twins. I think, maybe, I could be too busy to.enjoy it.

[quote name='Silence4520']any places that have or will have diablo 3 collectors edition instock? over the next few days?[/QUOTE]
Check GS or BB tomorrow-ish since the 48 hold on pre-orders will have lapsed. Call stores now to see if anyone canceled as well. This one is surprisingly rare for a Blizzard release, as all my stores only got their allocation and nothing more.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Collectors Edition Announced
The Mark of Mastery Edition will mark the very first Kingdom Hearts collector's set released in North America. It will include a copy of the game, a branded hard case 3DS skin cover and 12 art cards, all housed in a Kingdom Hearts-branded magnetic box. It will also come with five AR cards, allowing players to unlock Dream Eaters such as Meowjesty, Frootz Cat and Kab Kannon, as well as a viewing stand.
Retails for $54.99 http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/16/kingdom-hearts-3d-collectors-edition-announced

Nintendo 3DS - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Disance 'Mark of Mastery' Edition - $55

http://i.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/you-can-dream-drop-more-cash-for-a-mark-of-mastery-edition-of/

No retailers listed yet

[quote name='6er']Looks interesting, a LOT of content. Yet it releases a few days after the due date of my twins. I think, maybe, I could be too busy to.enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

You need to get your priorities straight.
Lol, congratulations on the upcoming twins.

I'm assuming this thread is for the US releases only, but if anyone is interested, the UK is getting a SE for Tales of Graces f

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/16/tales-of-graces-f-to-grace-europe-with-a-special-edition/

A.jpg

Edit: Updated with a better picture from shopto, who has it available for pre-order already: http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3TA01-Tales%20of%20Graces%20f%20Special%20Day%20One%20Edition.html

EDIT AGAIN: Apparently they are calling this a Day 1 edition, so it's a SE in a different sense I suppose.

Why does the US always get shafted for CE's? I really hate the hassle of importing, but I might have to consider it for Tales...

Great, now I get to import a game I already own lol. Not even a question of whether I'll get this or not. As soon as 365 puts this up for pre-order I'm jumping on it!

Looks like I'll be preordering Agarest 2 L.E. at Gamestop. Also wish it was on 360 too as that's what I have Agarest and Agarest Zero on.

That Tales of Graces F looks nice too. glad I haven't bought the standard U.S. one yet. May have to get it.

Just a heads up, Atelier Meruru limited edition is close to selling out according to here, so if you are still trying to decide whether to order one or not, order now and think later.

[quote name='aznxsa2587']Just a heads up, Atelier Meruru limited edition is close to selling out according to here, so if you are still trying to decide whether to order one or not, order now and think later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I've been pondering this for a while and checked this morning when it was still in the orange so I let it wait ... Looks like you just made up my mind for me!

was gewd brothas its tempting. but im not really hyped for this game to be honest, but i think i would buy it when its under $100.

Borderlnds-2-LE_UltimateLootChest.jpg

Let's get to some itemizing!
The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition (seen above, $149.99): Includes everything in the Collector's Edition, plus a collectable scaled replica of the red loot chests found throughout Pandora in Borderlands 2; steel book case; Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart; lithograph postcard set; field notes from Sir Hammerlock; cloth map of Pandora; and a numbered certificate of authenticity.
The Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector's Edition (seen below, $99.99): Includes a copy of Borderlands 2; authentic Marcus Kincaid bobblehead ; Inside the Vault: The Art & Design of Borderlands 2 hardbound book; collectable sticker set; map of Pandora; digital comic download code; and bonus downloadable in-game digital content.
Borderlands-2-CE_DeluxeVault.jpg

Some pre-order details from the 2K Games / Gearbox press release:
Gamers who pre-order the Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector's Edition, Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition or the standard edition of Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will also gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter’s Relic and an all-new fifth character class – the Mechromancer.
The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora.
The Golden Key is used to unlock a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2.
The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends.
The Mechromancer character class will be available following launch when development of the character is complete and is free to those who pre-order Borderlands 2, and will be available for purchase for those who do not.

The loot chest does look awesome. I'm curious as to what it's made of and how it looks opened. I also like that they included the bobble head vending machine box. The steelbook is surprisingly weak looking and plain. Going to have to keep an eye out for a cheaper deal.

I'd love to get Tales of Graces F SE.
I'm kind of afraid though with that shipping fiasco for MGS LE by Zavvi.
Not sure what to do.

In for a 'beat to shit' loot chest at BB in 9 months for 49.99. I have a feeling that is the box and it is heavy duty cardboard (like the halo crate).

Sorry if this is a re post or old news.....

Here are all the details of all the nice loot that's included with the limited/collectors edition of Borderlands 2 here: http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/

There are actually two Collector's Edition packages to choose from: the Deluxe Vault Hunter's Collector's Edition for $99.99 and the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition for $149.99. Pre-orders for both are open as of today, May 17.

The cheaper option includes a copy of Borderlands 2http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65685/borderlands-2/, Marcus Kincaid bobblehead, a hardbound art book, a set of collectible stickers, a map of Pandora, a download code for a digital comic, and "bonus downloadable in-game digital content." The more expensive option includes everything mentioned already, along with a steelbook case for the game, a Creature of Pandora ID chart, a postcard set, field notes from Sir Hammerlock, a cloth map of Pandora, and a certificate of authenticity. The bigger pack also comes housed in the loot box replica that Gearbox showed off at PAX East.

But wait! There's more! Those who pre-order the game in any form, collector's edition or otherwise, will receive some free stuff putting money down with participating retailers. All of this free content is wrapped up in something called the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club; pre-order the game from one of the unnamed participating retailers, and you get the freebies.

This content includes the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter's Relic, and a fifth character class, the Mechromancer. The Gun Pack is pretty self-explanatory, offering starting players a few unique guns to give them an early boost. The Golden Key is a digital item used to unlock "a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest," and the Vault Hunter's Relic is an in-game item that "boosts players' gear-hunting fortune."

I was sold on this when I saw the loot box, and then I noticed the cloth map. So what are the different retailers doing for exclusive bonuses? I heard Gamestop and BB had different ones. Side note, anyone wanna give me $1.25 every day until Sep. 18th? XD

[quote name='Robert Conley']I was sold on this when I saw the loot box, and then I noticed the cloth map. So what are the different retailers doing for exclusive bonuses? I heard Gamestop and BB had different ones. Side note, anyone wanna give me $1.25 every day until Sep. 18th? XD[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has that Slaughter Dome thing and the Mad Moxi Rocket launcher.

Havn't seen anything about BB

Is it me or does the CE setup look like a rip off of the Duke Nukem Forever packaging? I know they both were made by Gearbox but still...

So where can you preorder the CE's? I'm not saying them on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back