Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Sweet, Day 0 DLC in the Mechromancer class![/QUOTE]

I don't think that's accurate.

From their Press Release:
The Mechromancer character class will be available following launch when development of the character is complete and is free to those who pre-order Borderlands 2, and will be available for purchase for those who do not.

^ Thank you for posting that link. I wonder why I can't find it when I just search for boderlands 2?

Do you have the link for the $99 version?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wish the $99 copy included a steel book[/QUOTE]

the photos i saw showed the $99 version with a steelbook too

http://collectorsedition.org/10406/borderlands-2-ultimate-loot-chest-limited-edition-deluxe-vault-hunters-collectors-edition-announced/deluxevault

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Thank you for posting that link. I wonder why I can't find it when I just search for boderlands 2?

Do you have the link for the $99 version?[/QUOTE]
I got it off of twitter. I don't have the link for the $99 version, but Amazon will probably update their search for "borderlands 2" by tomorrow, so it'll probably pop up then.

So I'm assuming that the game isn't coming in a steelbook, but the normal case with the steelbook right? Because I like that cover art too. And hopefully that loot box isn't the box... It'll get so messed up =/

Does it saw what material the loot box is? If it's cardboard I'll just pass, but if it's something sturdier that'll last I'll probably get it when it's down to $100.

[quote name='Mooby']Sweet, Day 0 DLC in the Mechromancer class![/QUOTE]

I know it's easy to get caught up in that possibility these days, but they actually said it wouldn't be out for a couple months after release, as it's mostly a post-release project.

Also, that ultimate edition may be too cool to wait on a drop, or pass over at launch. Sometimes ridiculous, unnecessary goodies should be bought, right?

[quote name='lpj8']The Darksiders II Collector's Edition is sold out at Amazon and Gamestop already, and still a month from launch. I imagine it should become available closer to launch?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders II has been delayed until August 14. Best Buy is still taking pre-orders.

I am totally in for that loot box. When it drops to less than $60 like skyrim :lol: I would think companies sell more of the reasonably priced collector's editions than the monstrous $150 things like Skyrim and maybe Mortal Kombat. Are there any numbers on how successful these are? I'm just wondering.

I really want the KH DDD collectors edition, but I just know we're going to get shafted when the EU gets theirs. It's so blatant it hurts.

That said, double dipping on ToG, thanks for the heads up!!

[quote name='Verelios']I really want the KH DDD collectors edition, but I just know we're going to get shafted when the EU gets theirs. It's so blatant it hurts.

That said, double dipping on ToG, thanks for the heads up!![/QUOTE]

Nope. Europe get KHDDD the same month as US.

[quote name='Verelios']I really want the KH DDD collectors edition, but I just know we're going to get shafted when the EU gets theirs. It's so blatant it hurts.

That said, double dipping on ToG, thanks for the heads up!![/QUOTE]

what is KH DDD and ToG??

[quote name='havuk']what is KH DDD and ToG??[/QUOTE]Well I know KH DDD stands for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance but I'm not sure what ToG stands for.

I'll probably end up pre-ordering Kingdom Hearts myself even though I don't even have a 3DS yet. I'm just a HUGE KH fan and it's the first Collector's Edition of ANY KH to be released in North America.

Im fairly certain, and this is just using my good ol' common sense, that the guns will be part of the chest. I mean for one they are sized accordingly to the box, I dont see why they would just happen to have these modeled guns laying around. Also its Borderlands were talking about here, guns are the central theme of the whole game and every time you open a loot chest its always for GUNS! So it makes sense that they would mold a couple to play on the whole REPLICA loot chest. I for one am beyond estatic after seeing these new pictures. I feel these will truly be limited plus word is each chest will actually have a numbered certificate.

Also one more thing, thank God its not cardboard! I know it might have been a silly concern but I was worried this would just be cheap cardboard but its for sure at the least plastic maybe even a thing metal. All in all im really impressed so far...Dog is NOT included..heh

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Also one more thing, thank God its not cardboard! I know it might have been a silly concern but I was worried this would just be cheap cardboard but its for sure at the least plastic maybe even a thing metal. All in all im really impressed so far...Dog is NOT included..heh[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't speculate about anything at this point until they provide more details. This could and most likely is a really flimsy item since it's only $50 retail above the other collector's edition meaning the actual cost of materials is probably $10-$15 wholesale. I also wouldn't put too much faith in it being limited. It seems to be available at every major retailer. Remember when Duke Nuke'em was supposed to be really super limited and numbered? A machine can number something to a million just as easily as to a thousand.

True, although I didnt purchase the steel balls edition, much less the game at all, id like to think Borderlands 2 is on a whole different level than Duke Nukem. But I agree it could be cheap plastic and what not, all in all its still an awesome collectors set and will be bought day 1.

It would be cool if the chests had randomized guns just like the game. I would hate to be the guy with the 4 class mod chest.

That would be pretty awesome Panda, they could do some sort of contest where if you get an all gold gun set you win some sort of prize like a visit up to their studios for a day or something. But hey im just brainstorming..

[quote name='giantqtipz']is steel balls edition sold out for good ? it comes with a certificate of authenticity right? so i guess its pretty limited?[/QUOTE]

Limited as in almost every GS has it for $20.

[quote name='bojay1997']I wouldn't speculate about anything at this point until they provide more details. This could and most likely is a really flimsy item since it's only $50 retail above the other collector's edition meaning the actual cost of materials is probably $10-$15 wholesale. I also wouldn't put too much faith in it being limited. It seems to be available at every major retailer. Remember when Duke Nuke'em was supposed to be really super limited and numbered? A machine can number something to a million just as easily as to a thousand.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. I just cant see them making this loot chest out of a thin, flimsy plastic. The problems that this would cause on the shipping side alone would be more than enough reason to not go that route. 150 dollars isn't enough to have the loot chest produced by some of the high end companies but its absolutely enough to make a durable plastic chest. Plastic is not an expensive commodity. At that price level, you could even go with some of the higher quality injection molded processes. With an order size of 5-10k units, they could easily produce plastic chests of that size, that aren't cheap and flimsy, for under 10 bucks a pop. Its not going to be at an Igloo cooler level of durability but I would bet my game collection that it will be safely above the cheap and flimsy level.

These are exciting times for the CE market. These tiered collectors edition releases are becoming more and more mainstream and I fully expect that we will continue to see a rise in quality with these releases. If the guns are included then I am definitely in for 2.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']For anyone interested (MEEEE!!!) found this picture while searching up on the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition.

scaled.php
[/QUOTE]
Is that legit? Not just somebody's fan-made replica? I'm not even a fan of Borderlands but I'd get that chest for display purposes.

[quote name='Bezerker']Limited as in almost every GS has it for $20.[/QUOTE]

ahh then we shall see plenty of Borderlands 2 loot chest edition in Best buy months after release... and of course their prices will be dropped

Again, pure speculation. Also, those guns look like they are molded into the top shelf of the chest. Are people now speculating that they are somehow two separate plastic toys? I'm sorry, but for $150 this is not going to be very cool and I can guarantee it won't be very limited given how many retailers are carrying it.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I have to disagree. I just cant see them making this loot chest out of a thin, flimsy plastic. The problems that this would cause on the shipping side alone would be more than enough reason to not go that route. 150 dollars isn't enough to have the loot chest produced by some of the high end companies but its absolutely enough to make a durable plastic chest. Plastic is not an expensive commodity. At that price level, you could even go with some of the higher quality injection molded processes. With an order size of 5-10k units, they could easily produce plastic chests of that size, that aren't cheap and flimsy, for under 10 bucks a pop. Its not going to be at an Igloo cooler level of durability but I would bet my game collection that it will be safely above the cheap and flimsy level.

These are exciting times for the CE market. These tiered collectors edition releases are becoming more and more mainstream and I fully expect that we will continue to see a rise in quality with these releases. If the guns are included then I am definitely in for 2.[/QUOTE]

That chest would be nice to store a lot of the spare cases and crap I have on my bookshelf, controllers, or just to store some of my other collector's edition stuff that I have in my closet lol.

[quote name='bojay1997']Again, pure speculation. Also, those guns look like they are molded into the top shelf of the chest. Are people now speculating that they are somehow two separate plastic toys? I'm sorry, but for $150 this is not going to be very cool and I can guarantee it won't be very limited given how many retailers are carrying it.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they are probably molded to the shelf.

The only reason it could be truly limited is if they have a small production run. The first game was kind of a sleeper hit that got popular by WOM. This one is getting a lot of hype so they may overproduce this CE/ or LE or whatever because they are expecting a lot of sales.

Want the Loot Edition, but will look try and get a deal on it. If I can't, the regular game should be good enough for me. The chest reminds me of the SPNKr case that GS sold. Would be awesome to keep your game "loot" in there!

With the Skyrim glitch that allowed me to get half off the CE a month after release and now they're in stores for $60, 6 months after release. I'll probably wait on this and get the vanilla version on sale.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Damn it's going to be hard not to drop $150 on that. It might be the coolest top to bottom CE of any game ever.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This could be up there with Bioshock 2 and FO3 as my favorites. The bobble, lunchbox and record are awesome!

Whether it's truly limited or not will not be the deciding factor for me personally. As a huge fan of the game this is an awesome collectors edition that to me like others have said is up there with fallout 3, bioshock 2, heck even the witcher 2 (I loved it). Although I do hope they spruce up the steelbook, it almost looks like what gamestop would use as a placeholder artwork. Other than that im sold and its been a long time since I've bought any game on release day. Now if we could only get the assassins creed 3 freedom edition..hmm

[quote name='bojay1997']Again, pure speculation. Also, those guns look like they are molded into the top shelf of the chest. Are people now speculating that they are somehow two separate plastic toys? I'm sorry, but for $150 this is not going to be very cool and I can guarantee it won't be very limited given how many retailers are carrying it.[/QUOTE]

Of course its speculation. Until they actually release it, anything anyone says is gong to be speculation and that includes the posts that you have made on this matter. I don't remember saying anything that suggested that I wasn't speculating. Anytime people are discussing items that haven't been released yet, they are speculating, period. That said, you were basically suggesting that a 150 dollar price point isn't high enough for us to receive anything but a cheap flimsy chest and that just isn't the case. 150 is definitely high enough to receive a plastic chest that is WELL above the cheap and flimsy level and that isn't speculation. Given the price point and the size of the chest, they could actually use high-density polyethylene if they wanted and that is extremely durable. In fact, if they made enough of them they could easily do it at the 100 dollar price point. Of course, we will have to wait and see whether or not that is actually what we get. Either way, suggesting that the price point guarantee's a cheap and flimsy chest is simply not true. If we wind up getting a cheap and flimsy chest, it will be because they chose a higher profit margin over producing a durable chest. It wont be because the price point forced them into that level of quality.

As for the rest of your post, I never said anything about how limited its going to be and I never stated anything about the guns, except that I was buying 2 CEs if the guns were included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally managed to edit OP to reflect the Borderlands 2 new editions. Even though $150 is pretty steep, that stuff just looks entirely too enticing to resist. I will certainly be pre-ordering from Amazon, with the free ship and no tax (for me). Might change my mind by the time of release, but for right now, it is too, too :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

You're right, it is speculation, but having seen every single collector's edition and limited edition released this generation and last, I feel pretty confident that for $150 or just $50 above the regular collector's edition, you are not going to get some amazing quality collectible chest. Could they do it? Sure. Will they do it? Not a chance. It just frustrates me that publishers do this to gamers every single time and it's like everyone just forgets how much they got screwed over the last time and buys this stuff at full price anyway. Whatever, it's not my problem, but I think you are kidding yourself if you think this is going to be anything as cool as they are trying to make it seem.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Of course its speculation. Until they actually release it, anything anyone says is gong to be speculation and that includes the posts that you have made on this matter. I don't remember saying anything that suggested that I wasn't speculating. Anytime people are discussing items that haven't been released yet, they are speculating, period. That said, you were basically suggesting that a 150 dollar price point isn't high enough for us to receive anything but a cheap flimsy chest and that just isn't the case. 150 is definitely high enough to receive a plastic chest that is WELL above the cheap and flimsy level. Given the price point and the size of the chest, they could actually use high-density polyethylene if they wanted and that is extremely durable. In fact, if they made enough of them they could easily do it at the 100 dollar price point. Of course, we will have to wait and see whether or not that is actually what we get. Either way, suggesting that the price point guarantee's a cheap and flimsy chest is simply not true.

As for the rest of your post, I never said anything about how limited its going to be and I never stated anything about the guns, except that I was buying 2 CEs if the guns were included.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Whether it's truly limited or not will not be the deciding factor for me personally. As a huge fan of the game this is an awesome collectors edition that to me like others have said is up there with fallout 3, bioshock 2, heck even the witcher 2 (I loved it). Although I do hope they spruce up the steelbook, it almost looks like what gamestop would use as a placeholder artwork. Other than that im sold and its been a long time since I've bought any game on release day. Now if we could only get the assassins creed 3 freedom edition..hmm[/QUOTE]

Why? If your that big of a fan of the game and you think this CE is on par with some of the best CE's ever produced then why would it matter how many of them are produced? Given how much you like the game and how much youlike the CE, would your enjoyment/satisfaction really hinge on how many are ultimately produced? If your really that big of a fan of the game (I love the game myself) then just buy one and enjoy it. Who cares if there are x amount of people out there that also have one. Unless your looking at it as some sort of investment, the number of units made really shouldn't be an issue. Did you let the number of copies of the actual game of Borderlands effect your enjoyment of the game?

I think you might have misread what I said, I actually said whether it's truly limited or not I'll be purchasing it. Basically saying I dont care if they make ten copies or a trillion I'll be making sure to grab my copy. The fact if it's limited or not does not make the gameplay or my personal enjoyment any better. Sorry if there was any confusion or maybe I didn't word what I was trying to say correctly.

[quote name='NocturneManiac']Finally managed to edit OP to reflect the Borderlands 2 new editions. Even though $150 is pretty steep, that stuff just looks entirely too enticing to resist. I will certainly be pre-ordering from Amazon, with the free ship and no tax (for me). Might change my mind by the time of release, but for right now, it is too, too :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, same here. Also pre-ordered the Halo 4 CE while I was at it. I figure I can always cancel it later if I change my mind.

[quote name='bojay1997']You're right, it is speculation, but having seen every single collector's edition and limited edition released this generation and last, I feel pretty confident that for $150 or just $50 above the regular collector's edition, you are not going to get some amazing quality collectible chest. Could they do it? Sure. Will they do it? Not a chance. It just frustrates me that publishers do this to gamers every single time and it's like everyone just forgets how much they got screwed over the last time and buys this stuff at full price anyway. Whatever, it's not my problem, but I think you are kidding yourself if you think this is going to be anything as cool as they are trying to make it seem.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% as I am not expecting some amazing quality collectable chest either. With that sized chest, it would require at least a 400 price point to get that level of quality. That said, I am also not expecting to get some cheap flimsy plastic chest as the 150 price point is well above the pricing level required to make a durable plastic chest. General plastics are actually some of the cheapest manufacturing materials available and many of them are very durable. Don't get me wrong, I am not expecting an injection molded case equivalent in quality to a Hardigg Storm case. Far from it. I am just not expecting a flimsy piece of crap that is going to crack and break in a matter of months. Again if that winds up being the case, it will be because the company chose a higher profit margin over creating a durable chest. It wont be because the price point forced them to go with that level of quality.

These companies are constantly competing with one another and this now includes the collectors edition versions for their games. Its really no different than any other aspect to business. That's one of the main reasons we have seen the higher end CE's get better and better over this generation and as long as people keep buying them, they will continue to get better and better. Just something to think about when looking at past CE's as some sort of gauge for current releases.

Time will tell which one of us was right and which one was wrong.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']I think you might have misread what I said, I actually said whether it's truly limited or not I'll be purchasing it. Basically saying I dont care if they make ten copies or a trillion I'll be making sure to grab my copy. The fact if it's limited or not does not make the gameplay or my personal enjoyment any better. Sorry if there was any confusion or maybe I didn't word what I was trying to say correctly.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I totally misread what you said. I thought you were saying the deciding factor would be how many were produced while you were actually saying just the opposite. My bad. Well, at least were on the same page as I agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back