Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazydom2']What are the chances of ZoE's becoming as rare as MGS4's?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say how rare it will become but you can guarantee that it will be limited, especially the PS3 version.

MGSHD LE PS3 was pretty hard to find after the first week.

i've never played any of the ZOE before.

i did get a chance to try out the ps3 version at comic con and it was pretty good.

that being said, i preorded a ps3 copy from amazon...

I have both games for the ps2. I dont think its worth it for me to get this but if youve never played them they are decent games. I liked the first one way more than the second but it ends so abruptly its maddening. Took me forever to find the 2nd one.

[quote name='crazydom2']What are the chances of ZoE's becoming as rare as MGS4's?[/QUOTE]

If rare means you can still find it years later for the msrp there is a pretty good chance.

I tried to order Resident Evil 6 collectors edition from amazon.fr but cannot for some reason I'm guessing it is too large/heavy. But I can order from amazon.it. Problem is the cost from the France site is about $50 cheaper that the Italy site. Any other users have success ordering from amazon.fr? In US btw

[quote name='Rainman']I tried to order Resident Evil 6 collectors edition from amazon.fr but cannot for some reason I'm guessing it is too large/heavy. But I can order from amazon.it. Problem is the cost from the France site is about $50 cheaper that the Italy site. Any other users have success ordering from amazon.fr? In US btw[/QUOTE]

Amazon.de is your best option. Some of the different region amazon sites don't ship to the US. Even though its sold out, add it to notify you when it's available. How I got mine, was about 149 US dollars.

Anyone know if Amazon ships these LE packages decently? I want to preorder the ZOE one, but I'm debating about just doing so in stores at a Gamestop, but I also have Amazon credit to burn.

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know if Amazon ships these LE packages decently? I want to preorder the ZOE one, but I'm debating about just doing so in stores at a Gamestop, but I also have Amazon credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

i usually get my LEs from amazon and they come in (IMO) better shape than what you would find in most retail stores.

Back in Novemeber, i ordered the MGSHD LE from amazon and it came in immaculate condition. shipped in a tight cardboard box

[quote name='Gosha']Anyone know if Amazon ships these LE packages decently? I want to preorder the ZOE one, but I'm debating about just doing so in stores at a Gamestop, but I also have Amazon credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on which warehouse it ships from. I know the Las Vegas warehouse always damages my CE stuff. My MGSHD LE was damaged twice by Amazon (big dents in the outer case that penetrated through to the cover of the artbook) and I finally had to scramble around town looking for one which I found at Gamestop. Basically, if it's something I know is gonna be hard to find after release, I order at the local GS now since at least I can inspect what I'm getting and react quickly to find a replacement if the copy they hold for me is damaged. Amazon doesn't do damage/return reserves, so if they sell out, you are screwed where with GS, if I get there early enough on release day, I can pick a different copy out.

I'm finding more and more that Amazon is damaging stuff even before it gets boxed and shipped. I have received many games recently that have machinery marks and punches, grease from conveyer belts, stuff broken inside, etc...even though they are shipped in cardboard boxes with air pillows. The last straw for me was when they shipped my SF 25th and Borderlands 2 Loot chest in one giant box with little padding that resulted in the metal tipped SF25th box puncturing the outer box of my Borderlands 2. Frankly, Amazon is not a good place to order anything that will be hard to find or valuable.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon.de is your best option. Some of the different region amazon sites don't ship to the US. Even though its sold out, add it to notify you when it's available. How I got mine, was about 149 US dollars.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot buddy. I'll be sure to get notified from amazon.de Still waiting on my loot chest from amazon.it I hope it arrived complete. Have you had ordered in the past about amazon.de? are the extras in english

Should I get PS3 or 360 for the ZoE games. I just want to make sure I'm getting the best looking version. I usually play games on the 360, but these games I've beaten, so I remember them not being too long, so the immersion and graphics are what I need to make me keep playing/play it all over again.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Should I get PS3 or 360 for the ZoE games. I just want to make sure I'm getting the best looking version. I usually play games on the 360, but these games I've beaten, so I remember them not being too long, so the immersion and graphics are what I need to make me keep playing/play it all over again.[/QUOTE]

I doubt there will be any noticeable difference like with MGS HD. It really will come down to control preferences. Keep in mind, ZoE used pressure sensitivity so the mapping on the 360 controller will slightly differ from the original. Also, I don't know if 360 will have all the achievements as the PS3 trophies (I've heard the MGS HD 360 is missing some of the achievements).

If it's the LE you are looking at, I'm pretty sure the PS3 version will be rarer if that matters to you.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Apparently Metal Gear Rising Revengeance special/limited edition comes with a sword lamp http://www.destructoid.com/konami-reveals-metal-gear-rising-special-edition-235784.phtml looks pretty cool no news on pricing though, my guess 100-150 range[/QUOTE]

i seen that and would gladly pay up to 150 for it. looks pretty cool on par with loot chest, street fighter 25th anniversary, and resident evil 6 collectors are all same price or so.

[quote name='Rainman']i seen that and would gladly pay up to 150 for it. looks pretty cool on par with loot chest, street fighter 25th anniversary, and resident evil 6 collectors are all same price or so.[/QUOTE]

That was gonna be my guess in price as well

Every part of my body hates Konami for shutting down Metal Gear Online and what they did to Raiden, but dammit, I might have to get that lamp.....

Well I'm torn. I love ZoE have both games still on PS2. And the HD Collection is only 2 games, not 3 (making it $20 a game and $20 artbook/soundtrack). I usually buy the HD Collections when they hit $10-$20 for best value per game (that I've already bought, played, beat), but that 100 page artbook is very tempting.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Well I'm torn. I love ZoE have both games still on PS2. And the HD Collection is only 2 games, not 3 (making it $20 a game and $20 artbook/soundtrack). I usually buy the HD Collections when they hit $10-$20 for best value per game (that I've already bought, played, beat), but that 100 page artbook is very tempting.[/QUOTE]

but its zone of the enders. you should be deciding how many to buy not whether or not you will buy it at all.

[quote name='kayne2000']damn now whether to keep the newegg one for 30 dollars or spring for the CE edition of ZoE choices...[/QUOTE]
As of now I plan to get both. I'm getting the regular at NewEgg for $30 and the CE at Amazon, both of them for PS3. I'll play the regular copy and keep the CE sealed, just as I did with the MGS CE.

That shall be awesome! I wish it didn't have the lamp, though. It will just make it more expensive and be big and in the way.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Metal Gear Rising CE will also include a steelbook according to Siliconera[/QUOTE]Sa-WEET. Now I just have to hear the price--$69.99 is most likely a pipe dream and $79.99 would make too much sense economically, so it'll probably be $99.99, in which case I'd probably pass on it. :roll:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']As of now I plan to get both. I'm getting the regular at NewEgg for $30 and the CE at Amazon, both of them for PS3. I'll play the regular copy and keep the CE sealed, just as I did with the MGS CE.[/QUOTE]

well im not into keeping it sealed its just a matter of do i want to pay 60 dollars for the extras or 30....i always wanted to play this game but i didnt back in the day so there is that factor. that and november and everything else coming out simply deciding what i want and considering how rare this will be or not

Injustice CE is a Gamestop exclusive, so you can put only $5 if you want it, instead of their new $25 down policy.

Went ahead and put $10 on it today while I was out.

[quote name='outerfox']Injustice CE is a Gamestop exclusive, so you can put only $5 if you want it, instead of their new $25 down policy.

Went ahead and put $10 on it today while I was out.[/QUOTE]

Surprising to hear that, but Warner does have a relationship with Gamestop.

[quote name='outerfox']Injustice CE is a Gamestop exclusive, so you can put only $5 if you want it, instead of their new $25 down policy.

Went ahead and put $10 on it today while I was out.[/QUOTE]

Where would one go about ordering the UK Version of this CE? The statue is much cooler IMO. Check the two:

US Version:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/26/injustice-collectors-edition-includes-wonder-woman-vs-batman-s/

UK Version:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/injustice_collectors_edition.jpg

[quote name='panda911']Surprising to hear that, but Warner does have a relationship with Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. actually. I went in and asked if they had it in their system yet and he said it was a GS exclusive so I just needed $5 down. It was a no brainer for me! Good thing it comes out April, gives me about 6 months to pay it off.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Where would one go about ordering the UK Version of this CE? The statue is much cooler IMO. Check the two:

US Version:
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/26/injustice-collectors-edition-includes-wonder-woman-vs-batman-s/

UK Version:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/injustice_collectors_edition.jpg[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd much rather have the UK statue, myself. :( I do have to say I absolutely love that Steel Case though!

[quote name='giantqtipz']Where do you guys import from usually? I've nnever imported a game before, let alone CEs.

I'm really interested in the UK CE.[/QUOTE]

The DLC will be region locked.

Agreeing with everyone else that the UK statue is much better, not sure if I'll get this as I'd like the in game costumes but don't really know if I want the US statue. Thanks for the heads up though

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']I doubt there will be any noticeable difference like with MGS HD. It really will come down to control preferences. Keep in mind, ZoE used pressure sensitivity so the mapping on the 360 controller will slightly differ from the original. Also, I don't know if 360 will have all the achievements as the PS3 trophies (I've heard the MGS HD 360 is missing some of the achievements).

If it's the LE you are looking at, I'm pretty sure the PS3 version will be rarer if that matters to you.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that about the trophies/MGS stuff, going to return my used copy for 360 for a ps3 one then, and I'll just preorder ZoELE there at that point. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll keep all that within the playstation family for now.

Tomb Raider: Final Hours Edition Revealed

Amazon Exclusive.

Seems the only physical thing it has is an art book. The other stuff is a skin and what apears to be a documentary accesable via kindle. Says its for the kindle fire but I assume you can watch it with the free kindle for your computer or smartphone.

http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-P...F8&qid=1349229421&sr=8-1&keywords=tomb+raider

Here you can watch the first episode of the show you get.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permal...9540322&pf_rd_i=1000811931&pf_rd_i=1000811931

EDIT: Same price as the standard game.
Also, I have seen that video before. I guess there is more too it.

[quote name='Carbonite']Tomb Raider: Final Hours Edition Revealed

Amazon Exclusive.

Seems the only physical thing it has is an art book. The other stuff is a skin and what apears to be a documentary accesable via kindle. Says its for the kindle fire but I assume you can watch it with the free kindle for your computer or smartphone.

http://www.amazon.com/Tomb-Raider-P...F8&qid=1349229421&sr=8-1&keywords=tomb+raider

Here you can watch the first episode of the show you get.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permal...9540322&pf_rd_i=1000811931&pf_rd_i=1000811931

EDIT: Same price as the standard game.
Also, I have seen that video before. I guess there is more too it.[/QUOTE]
Ah...

Um...

Not a Kindle user, so I'll have to pass. At least it doesn't cost extra. :\

I remember when Halo 2 cost $5 extra for a steelbook and a DVD. Those were the pure days, before cat helmets, disfigured figurines, and EXCLUSIVE NUKETOWN MAP PACKS MOTHERFRACKER.

[quote name='Vigilante']Ah...

Um...

Not a Kindle user, so I'll have to pass. At least it doesn't cost extra. :\[/QUOTE]

Kindle is free, but I am with you. Something like this I would probably watch once and never look at it again.

Meh, not really impressed with a special 32-page artbook or a DLC skin that makes her look like she's muddy, kinda like Dutch from Predator. :\

Hopefully this is just Amazon's exclusive and that there will be an actual Collector's Edition announced soon. Something like Tomb Raider deserves a good one.

[quote name='Pojo']I remember when Halo 2 cost $5 extra for a steelbook and a DVD. Those were the pure days, before cat helmets, disfigured figurines, and EXCLUSIVE NUKETOWN MAP PACKS MOTHERFRACKER.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, in those days and before I dont understand how more riots and shoots over products didnt happen...

...back when Nintendo 64 etc. was out, if you didnt get the game, you were short, it was a time before preorder bonuses

...fast forward its 2012 where you can preorder stuff to your house....yet people get killed over Jordan shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back