Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Japanese Fire Emblem Three Houses CE on Amazon Japan, is it worth it to get the one with the extra Original Panorama Cored Paper over the one without? It's like a $15 difference for what I assume is a poster?

Even if the DMC5 CE is meh, looks like it's gonna be rare..Amazon says 1-3 months in stock, no longer in stock on capcom store.

Sekiro worries me. Even though From Software developed it, Activision has their grubby fucking fingers in it. Waiting for a sale lol

Gamestop exclusive and has been sold out for a while right?
The thing is it was never ‘rare’. I preordered it day one of the announcement maybe six months ago. It never ‘sold out’ until recently, it was available to preorder for ages. I nearly canceled mine because I won’t be suckered into paying MSRP for a fake ‘rare’ collectors edition that sells for $20 six months post launch.

The thing is it was never ‘rare’. I preordered it day one of the announcement maybe six months ago. It never ‘sold out’ until recently, it was available to preorder for ages. I nearly canceled mine because I won’t be suckered into paying MSRP for a fake ‘rare’ collectors edition that sells for $20 six months post launch.
You "nearly" cancelled yours? So, does that mean you didn't? If you didn't, why are you even posting this BS? It's sold out, it's exclusive to one retailer and it looks to be a great game. It's not gonna be $20.

Sometimes all the signs are there that you should run from a CE. One example being the left alive CE. Sometimes it's not so obvious. Take the god of war CE for example, msrp $130. Great game, great CE but you could get one for $60 8 months later.
Not to say you should have ran from the gow CE but who could predict it would have dropped like that

Senran Kagura Burst Re-Newal At the Seams Edition delisted at BBY. Quite surprise since I had the impression people were against picking this up due to censorship.

Fate Extella Link Fleeting Glory Edition are seems to be sold out at BBY.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sometimes all the signs are there that you should run from a CE. One example being the left alive CE. Sometimes it's not so obvious. Take the god of war CE for example, msrp $130. Great game, great CE but you could get one for $60 8 months later.
Not to say you should have ran from the gow CE but who could predict it would have dropped like that
GoW was worth taking a chance because Sony first party CE has a history of not going on sale - Spider man, Horizon, Last Guardian are went up in value. You can bet I will be preordering the next Sony CE

Let’s go Days Gone
After everything that's been shown on this game, I still don't see anything noteworthy about this game... it just looks so meh in every aspect. Some of the hands on impressions have said it's good so I'm hoping it's a solid game. To me, Sony's games are far better than any other company (yes, even Nintendo) over the last decade or so, and I'm hoping this one is a surprise.

You "nearly" cancelled yours? So, does that mean you didn't? If you didn't, why are you even posting this BS? It's sold out, it's exclusive to one retailer and it looks to be a great game. It's not gonna be $20.
No BS, and it’s easy to explain actually. As I said I preordered this on the announcement day. I heard it was a tenchu style game, and I absolutely love the Japanese style of it. Now a few things that have me nearly canceling are: 1) I thought it was ghosts of Tsushima, confused me there for a moment and I got the games mixed up. 2) I’m not a fan of Dark Souls style games. I know they’re hardcore and I never got into that genre. 3) I just don’t believe in buying launch day any longer. I’ve been burned way too many times with companies releasing broken games and patching them later.

So why did I keep it so far? I want to from from software a chance. As far as I know they have a good track record. I still love the Japanese style, the CE contents are a decent value for the price, and boy do I want that letter opener! Hah.

Now as far as saying rare or sold out, I’m not believing that nonsense. As I said it was literally available for preorder for months and months. No one can cry and complain they missed it. I was honestly surprised as the value to me is fair, I expected it to sell out right after the announcement.

The $150 CE though was rare & sold out before launch. Even when GS got a resupply in December it was the lower CE.

I can confirm the GS Division 2 UE Steelbook is at least a different color than the regular Gold; have not seen the cover art yet.

Gold Steelbook -Black
GS UE Steelbook -Gold

I came in trying to get the cheap Nintendo codes & the workers LMK as they know I’m a collector.

More like 6 months. I preordered mine on Aug. 28.

I thought I was wrong. I was guessing I preordered back in August. I can't believe it's been that long.

I'm just sick of 'collector's editions' being mass produced and not limited at all. If I'm spending a premium on a game I want it to be somewhat rare. No one has an excuse to not own this if they truly wanted it with how long it sat around waiting to be ordered.

Yeah it was open for a while. I had a feeling this would be like the Demon's Souls collector’s edition so I am glad I got my orders in.
New IP so it will be hard to find later.

I'm just sick of 'collector's editions' being mass produced and not limited at all. If I'm spending a premium on a game I want it to be somewhat rare. No one has an excuse to not own this if they truly wanted it with how long it sat around waiting to be ordered.

There is a difference in Collector Editions and Limited Editions. Or at least its supposed to be. The limited ones should be numbered on the boxes (XXX/3000) for example. Otherwise a Collector Edition is mass produced and you just get extra swag with the game. Of course not all companies follow this logic.

In the end, you should buy CE and LE because you like the game and want the extras. Not because it's rare or not. It's still just a game after all. Enjoy it whether to play and/or collect.

There is a difference in Collector Editions and Limited Editions. Or at least there is supposed to be. The limited ones shoukd be numbered on the boxes (XXX/3000) for example. Otherwise a Collector Edition is mass produced and you just get extra swag with the game. Of course not all comoanies follow this logic.

In the end, you should buy CE and LE because you like the game and want the extras. Not because it's rare or not. It's still just a game after all. Enjoy it whether to play and/or collect.

I buy them both to play and collect. The problem is it isn't a 'collectable' when there are 500,000 made and it's worth 1 cent on the dollar a decade later. I don't sell anything, which is why I have amassed a nice collection over the past two decades (still have sealed GameCube and original Xbox games), I also don't want to buy mass produced junk. Particularly when the CEs drop to firesale prices six months after release, or end up in a big lots/tj Maxx store.

And even with 'limited editions' being numbered, that's all bullshit too. Remember the Halo cat helmet years ago? Or the Ni no Kuni 2 CE, which I preordered day one at $200 and today it's worthless. Individually numbered and massed produced, stores couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Any company can call a version 'limited edition', if they make 500,000 editions, technically that is limited.

I buy them both to play and collect. The problem is it isn't a 'collectable' when there are 500,000 made and it's worth 1 cent on the dollar a decade later. I don't sell anything, which is why I have amassed a nice collection over the past two decades (still have sealed GameCube and original Xbox games), I also don't want to buy mass produced junk. Particularly when the CEs drop to firesale prices six months after release, or end up in a big lots/tj Maxx store.

And even with 'limited editions' being numbered, that's all bullshit too. Remember the Halo cat helmet years ago? Or the Ni no Kuni 2 CE, which I preordered day one at $200 and today it's worthless. Individually numbered and massed produced, stores couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Any company can call a version 'limited edition', if they make 500,000 editions, technically that is limited.
A lot of us collect. Guess what, it's all mass produced junk. if you're still sitting on a lot of sealed Xbox and Gamecube stuff, most of it has gone down in value and the few items that have gone up in value are things that are either super obscure that nobody bought at the time or mass produced first party games that everyone bought but opened. I mean look at prices on sealed original release copies of Halo or many of the Gamecube Mario games. Collecting for financial appreciation, especially in the modern era, is a suckers game and while it's fine to think about what might be cheaper later, ultimately, if you're collecting modern games hoping for value appreciation down the road, you are going to be very, very disappointed.

A lot of us collect. Guess what, it's all mass produced junk. if you're still sitting on a lot of sealed Xbox and Gamecube stuff, most of it has gone down in value and the few items that have gone up in value are things that are either super obscure that nobody bought at the time or mass produced first party games that everyone bought but opened. I mean look at prices on sealed original release copies of Halo or many of the Gamecube Mario games. Collecting for financial appreciation, especially in the modern era, is a suckers game and while it's fine to think about what might be cheaper later, ultimately, if you're collecting modern games hoping for value appreciation down the road, you are going to be very, very disappointed.
I don’t collect for the inherent value to sell, it’s just nice to know you have something ‘rare’. I’ve also been collecting art and paintings for a good decade now, primarily hunting one of a kind or signed extremely limited prints in the low number range.

Just an example! I own the Horizon CE. Played the game and loved it, the statue and all of its contents sit in my attic next the Halo Reach CE. I appreciate my HZD CE immensely more than the Halo one. Will I ever sell it? Nope. Yet knowing it has some value makes me appreciate it more.

Wow I never thought about the value of a sealed Halo game would be worth so much. Kinda cool. When I think of valuable retro games I think games like Secret of Mana on the SNES. I still have memories of my dad taking me to the video game store to pick up a copy on release day. One of my cherished childhood memories. It's just cool to think how that game is worth so much on top of the nostalgia.

I don’t collect for the inherent value to sell, it’s just nice to know you have something ‘rare’. I’ve also been collecting art and paintings for a good decade now, primarily hunting one of a kind or signed extremely limited prints in the low number range.

Just an example! I own the Horizon CE. Played the game and loved it, the statue and all of its contents sit in my attic next the Halo Reach CE. I appreciate my HZD CE immensely more than the Halo one. Will I ever sell it? Nope. Yet knowing it has some value makes me appreciate it more.
Like I said, in the modern era, there is almost nothing that is "rare". Certainly not your Horizon CE or your Halo Reach CE. Just because something is rare also doesn't mean it has value. That's why certain limited games that only have a print run of 500 or 1,000 copies aren't instantly worth tons of money. At the same time, there are mass produced NES games that in the right condition go for thousands of dollars. Value is about lots of factors including demand, rarity, condition, etc...I have to agree with others who have said that you should collect what you are interested in and not worry so much about external factors like rarity. Mass produced plastic items are not the same as a painting or original art piece and treating them as such is just silly.

Anyone here order anything from NISA lately?

What in the F'n hell happened to their shipping? I was gonna place an order and I have 3 shipping options: $20, $68, and $17.

Wut

Anyone here order anything from NISA lately?

What in the F'n hell happened to their shipping? I was gonna place an order and I have 3 shipping options: $20, $68, and $17.

Wut
They offer free shipping over $75 so I just order another item I am interested in to combine shipping.

Wish I would’ve jumped on the Horizon CE. How’s the quality of the statue?

Wish I would’ve jumped on the Horizon CE. How’s the quality of the statue?

It's a cheap plastic like most CE statues. I've been collecting real resin statues for quite a long time now too, which is why I stopped caring to buy the cheap CE statues way back. Of course you're talking a $150 CE with game compared to $500 real statues, yet I lost interest in the knockoffs as they just end up sitting in my attic.

It's a cheap plastic like most CE statues. I've been collecting real resin statues for quite a long time now too, which is why I stopped caring to buy the cheap CE statues way back. Of course you're talking a $150 CE with game compared to $500 real statues, yet I lost interest in the knockoffs as they just end up sitting in my attic.
Yea I feel ya dude, I threw all my knock off resin statues in the attic once i started collecting real metal ones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They offer free shipping over $75 so I just order another item I am interested in to combine shipping.
That's how I do it too. I just grabbed two of the fall games in one order. But if I can't find another game I want, I just throw in an item to bring it up to 75. Often the cheapest games I want from them are about 65 bucks, so throwing in a 10 dollar keychain or something is waaay cheaper than shipping. Plus, they round up for free shipping(unless it has changed pretty recently). So if your order is 74.98, they still give you the free shipping :)

It’s just that if a CE or LE is not gonna be that limited, we take chances of not buying it right away and hope it goes down in price in a few months. If it’s not gonna be rare we buy it cuz not a lot of people are gonna have their hands on it and we feel special and some just wanna sell em cuz they’ll be out of stock everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back