Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt get the Gamestop sku for the Xbox One version but the PS4 Borderlands 3 CE sku is 194741.  Put my $25 on it.  

tried to reorder the chest since the item page even says Free Shipping on it now, still not working, good ol gamestop

Why is GameStop such a piece of shit?

It says “Free Edge Shipping Over $50” on the product page, but my only shipping options are $10 or $15. Wtf?

Now I cancelled my order, to try to re-order it properly. But it says “The item cannot be added to the cart. You have exceeded the maximum purchase quantity for this item.”

F U, GameStop.

I swear I’ve never once actually had a pleasant experience with this shithole store.

I had to pay $22 in shipping because free option disappeared and I had to check out as guest because my account is banned from gamestop.com or something who knows

Surprisingly my Borderlands 3 PS4 Collector's Edition preorder went smoothly (so far).  Free shipping.  I am still Elite Pro so maybe that had something to do with it.

I am fully ready for them to pull a KH3 Pro console on me and cancel my online order. Wish I could make it into a store but no time today.

I am fully ready for them to pull a KH3 Pro console on me and cancel my online order. Wish I could make it into a store but no time today.

What was the end result of that whole clusterF? Did they just cancel tons of orders and say screw you to their customers?

On my order it just says borderlands collectors edition but no where does it state that it’s the Xbox version (the one I ordered)

So I’m hoping no cancelation

CE says only at gamestop but also on the 2k store. Im guessing no best buy for this one.
That's how I remember their last loot box edition being and it was fairly rare IIRC. I remember the hype being so big at the time that I tried to get one last minute and failed. In hindsight, I'm glad for it and will be happy with just a plain vanilla copy because this game will just be more of the same.

What was the end result of that whole clusterF? Did they just cancel tons of orders and say screw you to their customers?
They initially just said screw you and handed out $25 online-only certificates as a consolation prize, but a couple weeks ago they started calling people with canceled orders and giving the option of repurchasing the console over the phone, stating they 'found a limited quantity'. It worked out in the end for people who didn't pay the scalper prices but it was a pretty big oopsie.

That's how I remember their last loot box edition being and it was fairly rare IIRC. I remember the hype being so big at the time that I tried to get one last minute and failed. In hindsight, I'm glad for it and will be happy with just a plain vanilla copy because this game will just be more of the same.
The Borderlands 2 loot box edition was 150 and came with a numbered certificate. The number was changed multiple times before release. They even sold the loot box separately in 5k increments. So I'm pretty sure they will print more of these before release if there's enough demand. There's no mention of a numbered certificate this time.

The Borderlands 2 loot box edition was 150 and came with a numbered certificate. The number was changed multiple times before release. They even sold the loot box separately in 5k increments. So I'm pretty sure they will print more of these before release if there's enough demand. There's no mention of a numbered certificate this time.
The inflation is real: $100 more this time. I mean, paying the price of a console for a game these days is just. . .

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

This is 2K games, these things will not only restock a billion times, they will be discounted for $50 by this time next year. $250 is way too rich for me for a Borderlands game. The Super Deluxe has the steelbook.

Since I was having problems ordering online (see above) I just drove over to a store on my lunch break and pre-ordered. The manager said it’s actually better to order collectors editions in-store, and specifically mentioned the KH3 debacle, saying they cancelled online orders, but all in-store orders were fulfilled.

So take that for what it’s worth I guess!

Since I was having problems ordering online (see above) I just drove over to a store on my lunch break and pre-ordered. The manager said it’s actually better to order collectors editions in-store, and specifically mentioned the KH3 debacle, saying they cancelled online orders, but all in-store orders were fulfilled.

Doesn't hurt that big ticket items (read CE/LEs) help with the stores overall numbers.

Would be safe to assume that the manager is slightly bias.

$250 CE for Borderlands 3 is sold out in store & online via GS. More inventory MAY be made available for the website in the coming weeks.

$250 CE for Borderlands 3 is sold out in store & online via GS. More inventory MAY be made available for the website in the coming weeks.
I'd would say it's more "the current pre-order allotment has been filled".

Anyone can just submit an order. I'm sure these will become available again. 3 outta 4 of these $200+ CEs become available at retail a long time afterwards, sometimes even heavily discounted. Remember the $400 claptrap editions? There were two different ones and I remember each of them getting as cheap as $150 and $200 a couple times.

Most of the people putting in orders are buying just to speculate, and half of them will cancel when it comes time to pay.

I went to my home store and pre-ordered there. Only one other person had put down a pre-order before me and that was the SL. Unless stores pull from a central allotment that is exhausted, I bet there are more available to pre-order in-store. YMMV though.

Gamestop exclusive's tend to be limited. Seems the only retailer to carry this becides the developer store is the gamestop corp. It's only offered through game international everywhere else. There's plenty of time to manufacturer more but I'm sure they know if they make too many it will sit until clearance. 

Yeah it's definitely better to do it in store since you can pay right away. I might try to today if it's still available.

I'd would say it's more "the current pre-order allotment has been filled".

Anyone can just submit an order. I'm sure these will become available again. 3 outta 4 of these $200+ CEs become available at retail a long time afterwards, sometimes even heavily discounted. Remember the $400 claptrap editions? There were two different ones and I remember each of them getting as cheap as $150 and $200 a couple times.

Most of the people putting in orders are buying just to speculate, and half of them will cancel when it comes time to pay.
Heck I got my Claptrap from 2k store for $79.99. That was the lowest they've dropped to, it sold out at that price.

Borderlands3CERP.jpg

You are paying $150 for everything on the left. As everything on the right is just the Super Deluxe Edition and it's $99.99. They listed the stuff out on the right as individual components instead of just "Copy of Super Deluxe Edition" to make it look like it contains more contents.

Tbh, I wouldn't be shocked if the game doesn't even come packaged with the CE and they ship as separate contents.

Doesn't hurt that big ticket items (read CE/LEs) help with the stores overall numbers.
Would be safe to assume that the manager is slightly bias.
Bias or not... was he wrong? I didn’t follow the KH3 thing, but just seeing a comment about a cancelled order seemed to line up with what he said.

Got my in store order for BL3 CE good to go and put in a request to cancel the 2k store order.  I don't need another Sqare Enix headache  with a refused package not being tracked and SE shrugging for a month saying it's not back yet.

Got my in store order for BL3 CE good to go and put in a request to cancel the 2k store order. I don't need another Sqare Enix headache with a refused package not being tracked and SE shrugging for a month saying it's not back yet.
Agreed. The only BL game I’ve ever played was part 2 on the Vita, which I really, really tried to enjoy but couldn’t because of the frame rate. I want this CE, but I need to see what everything looks like. That Left Alive shit sucked the faith right out of me.

Think I'll just be happy with getting the steelbook Super Deluxe Edition from Best Buy with GCU.  Hopefully they add it to the $10 Reward certificate promo in the near future.

I'm very content with Super Deluxe for the steelbook. I don't need another plastic chest especially at that price

Agreed. The only BL game I’ve ever played was part 2 on the Vita, which I really, really tried to enjoy but couldn’t because of the frame rate. I want this CE, but I need to see what everything looks like. That Left Alive shit sucked the faith right out of me.
The Vita version of BL2 is probably the worst version, because it had to be watered down to run on the hardware and it still isn't a great experience.

If you have an Xbox One X and want to play the definitive console version, Best Buy has The Handsome Collection for $15/$12 and the Xbox store recently matched the $15.

Think I'll just be happy with getting the steelbook Super Deluxe Edition from Best Buy with GCU. Hopefully they add it to the $10 Reward certificate promo in the near future.
Yeah, just cancelled mine through gamestop as well. I bought the BL2 CE at launch and it was thought to be really rare, until they reproduced it several times over in a multitude of different ways. I think $80 for the Super Deluxe Edition will suit me just fine. Sadly my GCU expires 4 days after the launch of this game.

Yeah, just cancelled mine through gamestop as well. I bought the BL2 CE at launch and it was thought to be really rare, until they reproduced it several times over in a multitude of different ways. I think $80 for the Super Deluxe Edition will suit me just fine. Sadly my GCU expires 4 days after the launch of this game.
So you buy for pure profits then not the game itself?

Not at all, I really never sell anything but when you start getting into about $300 after tax and shipping, that's a lot of money for a CE. And after how cheap the BL2 loot chest was I'm not particularly excited to trust them on this one.

Steelbooks and statues are more my things, and I'm still buying the $100 version of the game regardless, not like I'm not supporting them.

I'd wager it's more about the pain of buying an expensive collector's edition and turn around only to find it over produced and worth much less. No one wants to pay 300 for something only to find out you can buy it for 175 months later.

Even if he was it's none of your business and who gives a shit?
It isn't yours either. But that's the thing about posting online, once you do then it becomes everyone business .

I'd wager it's more about the pain of buying an expensive collector's edition and turn around only to find it over produced and worth much less. No one wants to pay 300 for something only to find out you can buy it for 175 months later.

It isn't yours either. But that's the thing about posting online, once you do then it becomes everyone business .
I wasn't the one questioning him about it? Reading comprehension.

Decided to look up the borderlands 2 loot box on Amazon and noticed demand for it has skyrocketed. Lowest price is currently $599 and xbox is completely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back