Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed on the shipping box for mk11 CE it says blank number of 9547 pieces shipped to USA from China. I'm assuming that means that many exist in the USA..that seems pretty rare for that big of a game that has 20,000 worldwide

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ni No Kuni 2 had a run of 25,000 and stores still can't get rid of them on clearance for under $100.

NNK2 is super niche compared to Mortal Kombat, the two can't even compare (11 million sold for MK X vs under 1 million for NNK2). 20k is definitely rare for a big name franchise. As I said before, just the PAL collectors edition for MK X had 70k made and that was pretty hard to find by the time game released. I heard the Coarse CE of MK X had over 100k made. The only reason MK 11 CE is still available was due to it being $300. Once you go over $200, it prices out a huge amount of collectors. When talking about rarity, you can't just talk about the raw numbers, gotta also look at how much hardcore fan base the franchise have. I can tell you if Final Fantasy VII remake gets a CE with only 20k made, even at $400 it'll probably sell out within an hour.

Canceled my Days Gone CE after reading reviews. I doubt I’ll play it.
Put in my cancellation request as well. I was unsure of the game even before the reviews but the reviews aren't all that appealing. Even the good reviews are basically saying "this is a good game to play if you've got nothing else going on".

Sucks, I was hoping Bend out prove me wrong.

Yeah reviews aren’t terrible it’s just not for me. I’m planning on getting some backlog cleaned up this summer.

I dont understand why there was hype for this game. It never seemed all that interesting. It looks generic af, albeit polished, but never was a wow factor.

I get that it's Bend Studios, but idgi.

Reminder:

Check your BBY orders if you have things coming out that were apart of the VISA $25 off $100.

They removed the PROMO code from orders even after getting 1 of the games shipped ages ago; resulting in you paying full price for both games (or $48 per game before tax with GCU; customer service wont do anything about it either)

Reminder:

Check your BBY orders if you have things coming out that were apart of the VISA $25 off $100.

They removed the PROMO code from orders even after getting 1 of the games shipped ages ago; resulting in you paying full price for both games (or $48 per game before tax with GCU; customer service wont do anything about it either)
Seriously? That's actually really scummy...

Seriously? That's actually really scummy...
Happened a while ago too but Cs fixed one of my orders. Now, I went to current orders and they won’t let me even check the order (even if the item hasn’t released yet; the button to see the expanded details of the order won’t work)

If I go to my email for the confirmation, the box/link to check your order goes to a dead link.

Some fishy shit is going on.

Reminder:

Yep- was charged full price on both games even though I still have GCU. The one game shipped in 2017. Going to be a bitch trying to get a partial refund.

You need to have a wife for that to happen.
Uh, ok kid. You assume I am not married, but if you would like to know, I am 46 years old, married, and have a 5 year old son.

I guess I made an assumption about you being a kid and speaking out your ass. Hell, I'm old enough to be dad to most members on here. Lol

I'm gonna keep my Days Gone when it gets in.  It looks fun enough.

I like the Sekiro CE a lot, but it's a tough game.  I'm gonna blame the stupid tiny PS4 controller my big hands don't like.  I should have got it on xbox.  I'm tempted to get what little trade credit I can now, but I'll give it another shot soon.

On other good news, Square finally got my refused Left Alive and is processing the refund.  I only took 7 weeks...

I’ll be keeping my Days Gone CE from target b2g1. Final price finally adjusted bringing it down to $94 including tax. Surprised it was delivered before launch too. Good job target!

Pretty sure I’d enjoy it at least for a good amount of hours. Till I get tired of the red dead 2 bike and the grind

I’ll be keeping my Days Gone CE from target b2g1. Final price finally adjusted bringing it down to $94 including tax. Surprised it was delivered before launch too. Good job target!

Pretty sure I’d enjoy it at least for a good amount of hours. Till I get tired of the red dead 2 bike and the grind
Just a heads up: there's a flaw design with the autosave, instead of overwriting the old one, the game will continue to make more and more autosaves, eventually they will eat up your hard drive space. Day 1 patch did not fix this.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Just a heads up: there's a flaw design with the autosave, instead of overwriting the old one, the game will continue to make more and more autosaves, eventually they will eat up your hard drive space. Day 1 patch did not fix this.
Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It seems every single game, no matter from what studio, is always broken. One of the main reasons I no longer buy games anywhere near launch.

It seems every single game, no matter from what studio, is always broken. One of the main reasons I no longer buy games anywhere near launch.
Sigh. Good argument against collecting physical copies to maintain access beyond the apocalypse. Maybe next gen is when I go all-digital.

Sigh. Good argument against collecting physical copies to maintain access beyond the apocalypse. Maybe next gen is when I go all-digital.
All these consoles get hacked anyways, and the latest patches are free online. Also, playing without patches is better for certain games; e.g. Red Dead Redemption 2.

Typical blame the victim mentality.

Don’t blame gamers when studios rush games and release unfinished games. I can say with certainty I’ve suffered through more launch games due to technical issues than I have enjoyed them.

If I preordered Days Gone from Best Buy only one day before release, how long should I expect to wait for the email with DLC code? And who do I contact when it never comes?

Have you guys actually looked at the Panty Party gameplay? lol

It's just a third person "shooter" (one of them has katanas lol) with underwear as the character models. And there's male ones too.

So risque.

005.jpg

But then you also risk playing after everything has been nerfed to shit and all the cool stuff has been removed.

Got my Day's Gone CE today. Had a Best Buy packing label taped to it. Not the normal pickup ones, this was pinned on it and taped. When I peeled the tape off, the box art came with it lol.

So I have a huge white square on the back of my box.

So that's cool.

Got my Day's Gone CE today. Had a Best Buy packing label taped to it. Not the normal pickup ones, this was pinned on it and taped. When I peeled the tape off, the box art came with it lol.

So that's cool.
Best Buy often does that. Ugh. It is one of my favorite retailers but they're definitely guilty on that.

I usually throw out the boxes unless my lady keeps them for storage, but still feels bad especially given that the developers dub 'em "Collector's Box" as if it is more important than its content.

The tapes ruined a few steelbooks of mine in the past as well.

This isn't really a collectors edition game question, more of a collectors edition guide question but do any of guys know if Future Press guides are region specific or anything?

I'm trying to find a copy of the CE guide for Horizon Zero Dawn and my cousin the UK said there's a store that has them in stock (still full price but better than eBay prices). He's coming to the states later this summer so I was wondering if it's the same as the one's available here since I like my collection uniform when possible.
Those were Amazon exclusive. Are they sold out?

Those were Amazon exclusive. Are they sold out?
Both are out of stock on Amazon, had no idea they were Amazon exclusive. The guides are both in stock on Amazon UK, so I'm guessing maybe by store he meant Amazon UK.

EDIT* Well, Horizon is, looks like GoW is out of stock at the Amazon UK too.

Mine arrives today, despite shipping Friday last week. Doesn't matter though, it's going back. I've had enough with paying for overpriced CE's for meh games that end up being $60 or less on clearance after six months of sitting on shelves.

Typical blame the victim mentality.
Don’t blame gamers when studios rush games and release unfinished games. I can say with certainty I’ve suffered through more launch games due to technical issues than I have enjoyed them.
I didn't blame anyone in my post, but it sounds like we agree that games aren't what they used to be at release.

So that's cool.
Shipped item from a warehouse or in-store pickup?

Mine from Target has a big upc label slapped on the side, not the bottom or anything, the side...

I think your issue with Best Buy with this CE may have been an isolated incident. I also had it shipped and the packing slip was not taped or pinned to my box, and mine arrived in perfect shape. In fact, I have only ever had one issue in all my years of ordering CEs from Best Buy and that was when they slapped the address mailing label on the actual CE box for The Witcher 2 CE. But other than that, I have been happy with how they ship CEs.

I noticed the CE is still in stock on their website. My suggestion would be to contact their Customer Service and ask for them to resend the item since it arrived damaged. They will most likely ask you to return the damaged one given the price of the item.

I think your issue with Best Buy with this CE may have been an isolated incident. I also had it shipped and the packing slip was not taped or pinned to my box, and mine arrived in perfect shape. In fact, I have only ever had one issue in all my years of ordering CEs from Best Buy and that was when they slapped the address mailing label on the actual CE box for The Witcher 2 CE. But other than that, I have been happy with how they ship CEs.

I noticed the CE is still in stock on their website. My suggestion would be to contact their Customer Service and ask for them to resend the item since it arrived damaged. They will most likely ask you to return the damaged one given the price of the item.
I would say it’s pretty common. I preordered the Ni No Kuni 2 CE seven months before launch, first preorder at my local store. On launch day, my CE that was reserved to me was shipped in a trailer without any packaging, dented, scratched, and obliterated. A $200 CE was treated like a hacky sack. I don’t even care the value, even if the item is a $5 dvd, nothing should be treated with that much disregard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back