Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know how to access/sign into different country amazon apps?

apparently I have a 5 pound Amazon UK promo credit that can only be used via the [UK] app, but every time I go into the app it's always the us one

maybe the region settings on my phone need to be changed?

I got Bloostained in the mail, but yesterday got an e-mail saying that the metal case was delayed.  It no longer shows as an addon on the game page.  I guess they are all gone and I'm getting a refund.

I also saw Link's Awakening on amazon IT but it wouldn't ship to my address.  I guess that's a hint I need to slow down on some of this stuff.  Like that I don't need 4k steelbooks for the 3 Iron Man and 2 Thor movies for $210+ but I want them. :(

The only CE other than Link's Awakening I've not pre-ordered is Watch Dogs, but it's a ways off and don't think it'll be gone real fast.

that's what I thought also, apparently this is some issue unrelated to the original interference issue, this is something with the actual analogue stick physically registering wrong input, this is a good video but it sounds like it's a design flaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7um_1jr2vg
Wow, had no clue. Now that you mention it, I guess I was thinking of the interference issue and this is something I've never heard of. It's funny how I've never seen this mentioned until now but any time someone mentions the original PS4 Pro, someone always feels the need to mention it's fan noise levels which, granted, is annoying but doesn't affect gameplay. This seems like a more serious issue...

Wow, had no clue. Now that you mention it, I guess I was thinking of the interference issue and this is something I've never heard of. It's funny how I've never seen this mentioned until now but any time someone mentions the original PS4 Pro, someone always feels the need to mention it's fan noise levels which, granted, is annoying but doesn't affect gameplay. This seems like a more serious issue...
Tbh I've never noticed my pros fans

anyone know how to access/sign into different country amazon apps?

apparently I have a 5 pound Amazon UK promo credit that can only be used via the [UK] app, but every time I go into the app it's always the us one

maybe the region settings on my phone need to be changed?
In my Android Amazon app, it is in top-left menu, then scroll down, then settings.

[attachment=32486:amazon_menu.png][attachment=32487:amazon_open_menu.png]

New Switch Revision Introduced & A Pair of new set of Joycon Colors:

D-r-W5ie-W4-AUwrz0.jpg

that's what I thought also, apparently this is some issue unrelated to the original interference issue, this is something with the actual analogue stick physically registering wrong input, this is a good video but it sounds like it's a design flaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7um_1jr2vg
I've had a similar issue with a couple Vitas. TBH, this is why I'm tempted to just keep my OG Switch. I figure I can just swap in new Joy Cons when they start to deteriorate, vs having to open the console and replace parts.

I've had a similar issue with a couple Vitas. TBH, this is why I'm tempted to just keep my OG Switch. I figure I can just swap in new Joy Cons when they start to deteriorate, vs having to open the console and replace parts.
I am keeping my OG Switch because I feel the Lite is no better, at least for me. I used mine docked mostly so the Lite makes no sense for me. Plus I got different color Joy-cons that I switch out. Even the upcoming Switches being manufactured soon are said to have a slightly better battery life than the OG Switches, but again, that doesn't matter in my situation.

Now if the make a Switch Pro or something like that, then I will consider upgrading my OG system.

Apparently you can get a replacement for the faulty part pretty cheap on eBay

Fallout 76 Power Armor edition for PS4 is $33 for very good, like new for $35, on Warehouse Deals before 20% off if anyone is interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07DN58MX2/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
Took a chance on one of these... Box was pretty banged up and the glow in the dark map was missing (going for ~$15 on ebay) but otherwise it seems to be in good condition. Game is still sealed (maybe it should stay that way?...) and so are the batteries for the helmet, so I assume the sounds and such for the helmet still work but didn't test that while at work...

FYI if people were not aware, amazon will sometimes give you the option to ship your item in a non-descript box for free. The description for my used copy mentioned the box was damaged, so I just had them ship it inside another box.

Apparently you can get a replacement for the faulty part pretty cheap on eBay
spawnwave on yt has a video replacing the joy con sticks. He also did a video where he thinks the switch lite may have easier sticks to replace similar to one of the ds systems. He is gonna take apart his lite when he gets it, so we will know how hard they are to fix or maybe he finds out nintendo fixed the issue.

I

Took a chance on one of these... Box was pretty banged up and the glow in the dark map was missing (going for ~$15 on ebay) but otherwise it seems to be in good condition. Game is still sealed (maybe it should stay that way?...) and so are the batteries for the helmet, so I assume the sounds and such for the helmet still work but didn't test that while at work...

FYI if people were not aware, amazon will sometimes give you the option to ship your item in a non-descript box for free. The description for my used copy mentioned the box was damaged, so I just had them ship it inside another box.
I ordered a like new one. One thing I didn't notice people really mentioning, is this shit huge. Not sure if I received from a 3rd party seller, but it was shipped inside a box with styrofoam corner padding and that box inside another, larger box. It was a struggle trying to get it inside my doorway.

Mine was actually unopened save for one seal on the front. The two seals on the side were still fully intact/never removed so assuming all the contents are pristine inside. Thanks intelligentidiot for putting this out there. Shit is a steal for $27 and change.

Hit and miss with CS really. Try it again with another ticket or ask in Ubi forum. Not sure how you phrased the question originally, but do rephrase the request to "reissue the season pass code".

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
They ultimately couldn't issue a code and reverted to the same bullshit line of contact the place of purchase. As if they can go into the warehouse and issue a code from opening a case, morons. . . -_-

Lesson learned but I'll keep this encounter in mind the next time I think about buying a Ubisoft anything.

They ultimately couldn't issue a code and reverted to the same bullshit line of contact the place of purchase. As if they can go into the warehouse and issue a code from opening a case, morons. . . -_-

Lesson learned but I'll keep this encounter in mind the next time I think about buying a Ubisoft anything.
I've had a close experience with Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY a few years ago: saw the DLCs heavily discounted on PSN then I suddenly remembered my physical been sitting on my shelves for quite a while, when I opened it it already expired like 10 days ago, fortunately, it still works! But from that point on, even if the games gonna go onto the backlog, I still claim the season pass/dlc/codes the day I get the game.

I get your frustration here, but this seems like an entitlement problem. You said it yourself that you waited years before opening the game..

Issuing a new code is an easy solution and their CS could have done it, but so is not behaving like you are owed something.

Lol meanwhile I ordered the Like new one, the box came beat to hell, and ONLY the power armor helmet was in the box. No game, no steelcase, none of the extras. I was just baffled.

Oh come ON! I'm already spending a fortune shipping these overseas CEs here, whyyy don't we get any of this crap in the US! That is one nice steelbook.😡

Links Awakening CE is up again on Amazon.it, but isn't shipping to US =/
I was able to get it to ship to the US. My guess is it’s out of stock by the time you get to checkout. I was having the same issue until this morning.

Links Awakening CE is up again on Amazon.it, but isn't shipping to US =/
When I got mine over the weekend from Amazon it, my first attempt also gave me a error saying it won't ship to the U.S., but I decided to try again and it went through.

When I got mine over the weekend from Amazon it, my first attempt also gave me a error saying it won't ship to the U.S., but I decided to try again and it went through.
I tried 2 days ago and it never would go through. I think they put a stop to US shipping :/

It's odd, many of these retailers are ones I imported a bunch of games from during the PS3/PSP era but most now do not ship to the US... I wonder what gives?:whistle2:

We'll get it 6 months to 1 year after the game comes out as a Best Buy promo to boost sales. That's what they did with Mario Kart and Pokemon. I expect the same to happen with the Link's Awakening Steelbook.

I've had a close experience with Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY a few years ago: saw the DLCs heavily discounted on PSN then I suddenly remembered my physical been sitting on my shelves for quite a while, when I opened it it already expired like 10 days ago, fortunately, it still works! But from that point on, even if the games gonna go onto the backlog, I still claim the season pass/dlc/codes the day I get the game.

TBH, it's the first time an expired code hasn't worked. Guess Ubisoft is just greedy like that. : \

I get your frustration here, but this seems like an entitlement problem. You said it yourself that you waited years before opening the game..

Issuing a new code is an easy solution and their CS could have done it, but so is not behaving like you are owed something.
Shit, the entitlement police are on to me. How much time do I have before they impose their views on m. . .oh wait.

Daemon X Machina Orbital is in stock on Amazon UK but won't let me check out with US address.

Edit: Now OOS. Was up for a good 7 minutes or so, but won't ship to US addresses any longer.

Shit, the entitlement police are on to me. How much time do I have before they impose their views on m. . .oh wait.
better that than crying on the internet over spoiled milk.

see you in the next edition of choosingbeggars again, thanks for the memories

Write letters, make petitions, Facebook pages, start social media campaigns, etc.

You have more ways to make your voices heard than ever. It may not work, but worth a try if you want change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back