Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Received fe3h from Walmart. 12" item shoehorned into a box just shy of 12". Its crushed on the bottom, probably just going to return it. Lesson learned, I'll order from multiple sources next time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got my Three Houses from Target and it was packed pretty well but took a beating during shipment (something heavy fell on the box and pancaked it slightly). Sucks but guess I'm SOL. But one thing I wish retailers would do is ship games that come in plastic bags, IN that plastic bag. Beyond the physical damage (crushing/dinging/etc) that happens during transit, matte/foil finishes on boxes get scuffed, scratched, and chip off by simple movement around the shipping box. Like really, why bother taking it out of the factory bag? It's there for a reason. 

They take it out and stuff gets packaged how it does for a reason: They don't care. Shipping more costs more, packaging stuff better costs more. They're going to cut every corner they can. If places packaged things to minimize damage, it would be a super-premium shipping option.

They take it out and stuff gets packaged how it does for a reason: They don't care. Shipping more costs more, packaging stuff better costs more. They're going to cut every corner they can. If places packaged things to minimize damage, it would be a super-premium shipping option.
I get that but the thing is, it's faster to NOT take it out of the bag- pull it out of the vendor box and throw in a shipping box vs pull it out of vendor box, remove bag and then put in shipping box. And the bag adds an insignificant amount of weight.

In Link's Awakening PAL LE news, I got the NIS notice for the UK version 3x times over the past 2 days and each time, they would not ship to US. Sucks, because I'd really like to have that version over my IT version.

In Link's Awakening PAL LE news, I got the NIS notice for the UK version 3x times over the past 2 days and each time, they would not ship to US. Sucks, because I'd really like to have that version over my IT version.
Keep trying, you never know when they let order ships oversea

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Keep trying, you never know when they let order ships oversea

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I am, it's just frustrating that the only times I've actually able to add to cart/make some progress is and then get the "doesn't ship to US" page or I click add to cart and nothing happens. But I want this game so... gonna keep at it.

Shoddy packaging costs the retailer money in the end because of the returns and the shipping they paid in the first place for a returned item.
Yeah but the money saved overall is worth it to them in the end because they know only a small fraction of people are going to complain.

Yeah but the money saved overall is worth it to them in the end because they know only a small fraction of people are going to complain.
I sold my copy of FE yesterday, and the guy paid full price for it and was adamant that I packed it carefully. Well, while packing it I noticed the smallest ding on the corner of the outer box. I let him know because I did not notice it when I made the sale, and I figured it was the right thing to do. He then said no thanks and cancelled the order lol. The damage was so minimal I was even laughing, and I used to be VERY particular about my games. Guess he falls into that small fraction of people lol. Game is in near perfect shape too, but you can't please everyone.

I sold my copy of FE yesterday, and the guy paid full price for it and was adamant that I packed it carefully. Well, while packing it I noticed the smallest ding on the corner of the outer box. I let him know because I did not notice it when I made the sale, and I figured it was the right thing to do. He then said no thanks and cancelled the order lol. The damage was so minimal I was even laughing, and I used to be VERY particular about my games. Guess he falls into that small fraction of people lol. Game is in near perfect shape too, but you can't please everyone.
I've had these types before. I would mention all flaws (shelfwear, frayed corners, nicks, etc.), Everything is always good until they ask for more pics and then try to make it look like they'll do me a favor by offering much less than before because of the condition it's in.

Funny thing is, I always manage to sell to another person for a higher price and less hassle.

edit: I also respond with "lol no thanks" to these people every time just to rub it in without getting into it them.

I've had these types before. I would mention all flaws (shelfwear, frayed corners, nicks, etc.), Everything is always good until they ask for more pics and then try to make it look like they'll do me a favor by offering much less than before because of the condition it's in.

Funny thing is, I always manage to sell to another person for a higher price and less hassle.

edit: I also respond with "lol no thanks" to these people every time just to rub it in without getting into it them.
Only thing that sucks is having to eat the shipping cost. Luckily I've not had to experience that yet.

More overpriced junk

I have my pair from the first MW, and what a waste of money lol.
Remember when Amazon did weird gaming trade-in coupons? I almost got one of those editions with no intentions of playing the game because it was taking like $100-150 off that CE or something crazy.

I am, it's just frustrating that the only times I've actually able to add to cart/make some progress is and then get the "doesn't ship to US" page or I click add to cart and nothing happens. But I want this game so... gonna keep at it.
I finally gave in and ordered from Nintendosoup store. It only has the Steelbook, but let's be real, that's what everyone wants. Certainly what I want. The artbook is nice, but I can wait for another Historia type book.

I finally gave in and ordered from Nintendosoup store. It only has the Steelbook, but let's be real, that's what everyone wants. Certainly what I want. The artbook is nice, but I can wait for another Historia type book.
Last I saw, the soup store was OOS. I just checked and it has a blurb about waiting on restock but says in stock at the bottom. I put an order in. Thanks for the heads up.

I hate collectors. Hate hate hate them.

When I bought my house a while back I sold the older half of my game collection for a down payment, new kitchen appliances, enough paint to paint every wall and ceiling, new light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc. That was a terrible 6 months dealing with collectors. So many just nit picking questions, always wanting me to take like 30 pics of each game, and so on. But it really got on my nerves because no one was polite. So many people bid and then asked questions after they won before they would pay. I'd get complaints from people who didn't win because they didn't win. I listed everything as good even though it was much higher grade. My auctions had pics from front, back, sides, top and bottom of the disc, both side of the manual and so as I didn't want to misrepresent anything.

I got a negative feedback immediately from a guy who claimed I don't package my games properly and had a false listing because his box was left on his porch when it was raining and it got wet. Another guy (a member on here no less) got a Sega CD game and when he got it had 2 barely noticeable tiny scratches on the disc labeling (this is a 25 year old used game by the way) that I never knew about or showed up on my pictures and he threw a tantrum. I didn't even argue, i said to send it back and I'll refund in full and apologized and he left me a negative feedback and sent some nasty messages and he didn't even put packing material in the box when he returned it so the case was broken.

I'm just glad my valuable stuff is sold and gone now. Now all I have are gamecube/ps2 era stuff to now.

When I bought my house a while back I sold the older half of my game collection for a down payment, new kitchen appliances, enough paint to paint every wall and ceiling, new light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc. That was a terrible 6 months dealing with collectors. So many just nit picking questions, always wanting me to take like 30 pics of each game, and so on. But it really got on my nerves because no one was polite. So many people bid and then asked questions after they won before they would pay. I'd get complaints from people who didn't win because they didn't win. I listed everything as good even though it was much higher grade. My auctions had pics from front, back, sides, top and bottom of the disc, both side of the manual and so as I didn't want to misrepresent anything.

I got a negative feedback immediately from a guy who claimed I don't package my games properly and had a false listing because his box was left on his porch when it was raining and it got wet. Another guy (a member on here no less) got a Sega CD game and when he got it had 2 barely noticeable tiny scratches on the disc labeling (this is a 25 year old used game by the way) that I never knew about or showed up on my pictures and he threw a tantrum. I didn't even argue, i said to send it back and I'll refund in full and apologized and he left me a negative feedback and sent some nasty messages and he didn't even put packing material in the box when he returned it so the case was broken.

I'm just glad my valuable stuff is sold and gone now. Now all I have are gamecube/ps2 era stuff to now.
Yeah man, those people are the worst. When I get nitpicky questions on Ebay from buyers then I don't deal with them, even sometimes tell them to not bid on my items. They aren't worth the time or the hassle, def not worth the negative feedback.

Honestly, as soon as you get one of those questions it's a giant red flag that the person is not worth dealing with. Even the people that PM and ask for discounts end up being more trouble far more often than they're not. If you reply "sure" or give them the discount they often either won't pay or they ask for additional discounts or special treatment. fuck em.

I will never sell to someone who asks really crazy questions about my item, because I just want to avoid any hassle. I don't feel like dealing with it. One time some guy asked me to smell the game and report back if it had any odd smells. I'm thinking dude, do you think I wiped my ass with it? What in the hell are you talking about? It smells like a new video game. I asked him to please purchase elsewhere.

One time I sold an amiibo for $60 and the guy said "please put it in a bigger box because I want it to be snug but not too snug to where it could potentially get crushed, I want it to be able to slide around in the box a little." So I did exactly that and when he got it I got a message saying "I received it and a corner of the packaging has this ding on it, it's no longer worth $60, I want a partial refund or I'm sending it back."

Last time I sold an amiibo on ebay. People like that deserve rodent infestations that just eat away at all their CEs!

Yeah man, those people are the worst. When I get nitpicky questions on Ebay from buyers then I don't deal with them, even sometimes tell them to not bid on my items. They aren't worth the time or the hassle, def not worth the negative feedback.

Honestly, as soon as you get one of those questions it's a giant red flag that the person is not worth dealing with. Even the people that PM and ask for discounts end up being more trouble far more often than they're not. If you reply "sure" or give them the discount they often either won't pay or they ask for additional discounts or special treatment. fuck em.

After the first 2 months when I would get certain kinds of questions I just put them on my blocked bidder list. I probably put 60 people on it before i was done.

After the first 2 months when I would get certain kinds of questions I just put them on my blocked bidder list. I probably put 60 people on it before i was done.

That's it right there. Better to just block someone from the start and have a lower chance of dealing with the crap.

I only wish nitpicky buyers would warn me with annoying questions so that the person who would pay $1 less could own it stress free

I sold a bunch of stuff before moving as well and have similar horror stories. I still have a stack of stuff I want to get rid of (art books, soundtracks, stuff like that) but I just don't have the patience to go through that process again.

The newest thing I've personally noticed is getting offers via message if you don't have "Best Offer" enabled. If I decide to sell a bunch of stuff again I think I'd rather just get half the value from a local game store than deal with eBay as a seller.

Had one dude buy a PS2 game a couple months back. I noticed the case was kinda dull and scuffed so I dug through my games and switched out the case for a far better looking one. Stupidest thing I could have done. When he received the game he immediately gave negative feedback and opened a return stating the case wasn’t a official PS2 one therefore the game was fake. No amount of explaining got through to this idiot, since then I tell any collector types to ignore my auctions if they have stupid questions.

I will never sell to someone who asks really crazy questions about my item, because I just want to avoid any hassle. I don't feel like dealing with it. One time some guy asked me to smell the game and report back if it had any odd smells. I'm thinking dude, do you think I wiped my ass with it? What in the hell are you talking about? It smells like a new video game. I asked him to please purchase elsewhere.

One time I sold an amiibo for $60 and the guy said "please put it in a bigger box because I want it to be snug but not too snug to where it could potentially get crushed, I want it to be able to slide around in the box a little." So I did exactly that and when he got it I got a message saying "I received it and a corner of the packaging has this ding on it, it's no longer worth $60, I want a partial refund or I'm sending it back."

Last time I sold an amiibo on ebay. People like that deserve rodent infestations that just eat away at all their CEs!
Yep see one picky question or demand like that precludes even more trouble ~75% of the time after they receive the item. I'm not in the business of being out shipping costs once maybe twice, and receiving a returned item in opened or worse condition than when I shipped it.

Well shit, I'm a collector and feel like the stories here is a bit one sided. Collectors are generally willing to pay more for stuff I think so I don't see why it's an issue if we want more details to make sure we're getting what we're paying for. 

And a lot of our questions exist because there are shitty sellers too (and not just shitty collectors). I just had a run in with a seller that called a game mint when it wasn't, the cart had clear imprints. Seller basically said "so what", completely ignoring that mint = perfect and were taken in poor conditions. I paid $100 for something that originally cost them $30 (you can say whatever you want about that, what I'm doing isn't hurting anyone so I don't see an issue with it) but I only paid $100 for it because it was advertised as mint vs paying $80 for a copy in very good shape. 

Two sides to every story. 

It depends on the collector, some are fine, but it's just not worth the risk dealing with them as a whole, is all. People can have the desire to have games in any condition they want, but when you bring it into a marketplace, you are forcing that standard upon a seller, and it's not their job to reach those standards, they are just trying to sell games to make a buck.

Most sellers really just want to sell stuff and go on with their day, and don't want to waste time inspecting games with a magnifying glass and then have to go through the whole returns process if it doesn't satisfy someone with criteria exclusive to them. Because then they may demand you to pay for return shipping and leave a negative feedback. It's just not worth it when people get that picky.

I sold a bunch of stuff before moving as well and have similar horror stories. I still have a stack of stuff I want to get rid of (art books, soundtracks, stuff like that) but I just don't have the patience to go through that process again.

The newest thing I've personally noticed is getting offers via message if you don't have "Best Offer" enabled. If I decide to sell a bunch of stuff again I think I'd rather just get half the value from a local game store than deal with eBay as a seller.
I've been trying to unload locally as much as possible just to get cash and move along, plus no eBay fees, shipping cost, etc, and I make buyers meet me at the shopping center a few minutes from my place, not driving across town to hand deliver something. Had a guy recently agree to buy at below what I was asking them when I said where to meet her told be here didn't have a car and if I could deliver to his house, stopped responding to him

Daemon X Machina CE is available on Amazon.de but it comes to 150 euros. I ordered anyway in case I can't land it elsewhere. Finally snagged one.

Well shit, I'm a collector and feel like the stories here is a bit one sided. Collectors are generally willing to pay more for stuff I think so I don't see why it's an issue if we want more details to make sure we're getting what we're paying for.

And a lot of our questions exist because there are shitty sellers too (and not just shitty collectors). I just had a run in with a seller that called a game mint when it wasn't, the cart had clear imprints. Seller basically said "so what", completely ignoring that mint = perfect and were taken in poor conditions. I paid $100 for something that originally cost them $30 (you can say whatever you want about that, what I'm doing isn't hurting anyone so I don't see an issue with it) but I only paid $100 for it because it was advertised as mint vs paying $80 for a copy in very good shape.

Most sellers understand that they shouldn't be grading their items. They are sellers, not professional graders. Here's a picture. You get what is in the picture. That's all there is to it. The simpler the listing, the better.

It was wrong of that guy to be advertising it as mint and then shipping you something that wasn't mint.

I think Its just a brief description of bad examples. I definitely dont write off every buyer asking questions. Some buyers have an awareness of themselves and the situation and approach people appropriately, others are time wasters. Its unfortunate but bad apples do ruin the bunch sometimes

Last I saw, the soup store was OOS. I just checked and it has a blurb about waiting on restock but says in stock at the bottom. I put an order in. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah it was confusing, but I think it's why it is still available. They're probably banking on people who really want it to dig past the initial OOS notification to see it was restocked and still in stock. Glad you snagged one!

Ideally I want all for that price, but if the choice is between either the artbook or the Steelbook case, then it's a nobrainer.

Of course it sounds one sided because as you stated, youre the collector end of the story so things will be on your side and since its your side you can rationalize all of your posistions and reason things out to work for you.

And when youre the buyer and have an issue it doesnt matter how shitty the seller is because you will always win, always. File a complaint and ebay will step in for the buyer every time even without the sellers consent or approval. I know because Ive had buyers who post all sorts of their own rules and such but when they fail to deliver their rules dont mean squat, only ebays rules. Hell sellers cant even leave negative feedback.

But again I reinstate I hate collectors and they are the worst. Now gamers on the other hand who collect games because they enjoy it and want to play them are just fine and usually easy to please. But collectors are assholes and dont even realize it because well, they are collectors. Its the same way with people who buy comic books and are collectors, unless its a sealed CGC graded comic book they can be dicks also.

The problem with collectors (well one of many) is they feel like they are owed something, as if by buying my game they are somehow doing me a huge favor, or they act like they have no choice in life but to buy my game and I am somehow law bound to appease them.

Again, collectors = assholes. Gamers = allright.

Of course it sounds one sided because as you stated, youre the collector end of the story so things will be on your side and since its your side you can rationalize all of your posistions and reason things out to work for you.

And when youre the buyer and have an issue it doesnt matter how shitty the seller is because you will always win, always. File a complaint and ebay will step in for the buyer every time even without the sellers consent or approval. I know because Ive had buyers who post all sorts of their own rules and such but when they fail to deliver their rules dont mean squat, only ebays rules. Hell sellers cant even leave negative feedback.

But again I reinstate I hate collectors and they are the worst. Now gamers on the other hand who collect games because they enjoy it and want to play them are just fine and usually easy to please. But collectors are assholes and dont even realize it because well, they are collectors. Its the same way with people who buy comic books and are collectors, unless its a sealed CGC graded comic book they can be dicks also.

The problem with collectors (well one of many) is they feel like they are owed something, as if by buying my game they are somehow doing me a huge favor, or they act like they have no choice in life but to buy my game and I am somehow law bound to appease them.

Totally absurd. Sellers expect gamers to pay collectors prices for poor quality stuff and then play the victim card when they fail to disclose relevant information about the condition of the item. Lower your expectations about price, be honest about condition and you will find buyers to be much more flexible if there is a minor discrepancy.

Church! :pray:

Yep. When all you want to do is sell it to someone else who is not going to be trouble and take money out of your pocket.

Buyers be like "well I have to pay for shipping and aftermarket prices are expensive!" and meanwhile sellers are thinking "bitch, I'm paying 20-30% in fees and shipping in most situations!"

Not to derail this thread anymore but my point was that the stories being presented were one sided and being heavily generalized against collectors. People are generalizing problems with collectors as being solely issues of collectors being too picky, anal, etc. I wasn't refuting those things at all- collectors are picky, anal, etc to various degrees. I was only questioning if that's a fair generalization because my thought is that collectors are willing to pay more for their items because they're picky, anal, etc. Someone mentioned selling an Amiibo for $60... they likely got $60 for that Amiibo because a collector was willing to pay that much for it. Someone who just wanted it would prob not pay that much because the packaging was perfect or whatever, they'd try to find the cheapest working Amiibo.

If you're dealing with someone acting like that while paying the average market price, then you're not dealing a collectors. You're just dealing with an asshole, collector or not. Or to present it more like your point, assholes = assholes.

I only hate the ones that want to pay below market price and expect a 9.8 condition.

If you want a pristine copy, pay the markup for a graded one.

Oh, and my Fire Emblem from Amazon came like this:

It didn't.

At least I got a refund and a GCU copy. Ordered 3 copies total (2 CE and 1 vanilla), none got here by release.

I only hate the ones that want to pay below market price and expect a 9.8 condition.

If you want a pristine copy, pay the markup for a graded one.

Oh, and my Fire Emblem from Amazon came like this:

It didn't.

At least I got a refund and a GCU copy. Ordered 3 copies total (2 CE and 1 vanilla), none got here by release.
Buy mine for GCU price + shipping lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back