Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn maybe they over sold? Mine just shipped
I was wondering about that. It was up for quite a while a day or two ago. I got charged for mine but it still hasn't shipped... hopefully it doesn't arrived fucked up. Amazon UK's packing is as bad as Amazon US. Amazon DE is the only one I've never had packing issues with.

Mine just shipped too but I've had it locked in for months. The ones from the last couple days might just get cancelled? Also hoping the packing is decent. The last CE I had shipped was double boxed so fingers crossed.

As I said, it may vary. I currently have an order that can't be canced "This item is ineligible for cancellation because it passed the order cancellation cutoff date. See Details"
Amazon JP has been implementing cancellation cutoffs on things, it will be on the page when you order, my neogeo mini hit me with it. worth keeping an eye out for that, so far JP is the only Amazon I've seen do it

Yeah I was sort of expecting it to get cancelled but it is still a bummer after seeing how nice it is in some unboxing videos. Maybe I will get lucky and it will pop up again after release but at least I have a $10 Best Buy GC from Yugioh to pick up the standard edition with tomorrow. 

So just curious what you guys use for storage for your games. I assume you like most use shelving. I used to use shelving, but I got rid of it because I have an old house, it was built in like the 50s and it has a lot of dust. I managed to limit it with some remodeling(going hardwood, ventilation duct cleaning, etc) and air purifiers, so it's not as bad as it used to be, but it definitely still amasses much quicker than your average home. I'd say every week there is a decent coating of dust on everything and it was just too much trouble cleaning with the shelving. It would get on the games and in between cracks, it was really gross and way too tiresome to maintain. I'd have to pull all the cases out individually and wipe them off.

So I started storing all my games in plastic storage bins, like Sterilite and such and stacking them up to keep them clean.

Wonder if you guys recommend any other alternatives, because they're starting to get bulky and I'm running out of room to store stuff.

FYI: A few years ago I also bought one of those storage cabinets to try that and I have no freaking clue, but somehow the inside of that amassed dust too. Granted, at a slower rate, but still, same premise. So those are a no go too.
raiderslastscene-teaser.jpg

La Mulana 1 and 2 collector edition is up at NIS for all three consoles, here’s the Switch link:

https://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/la-mulana-1-2-hidden-treasures-edition-nintendo-switch

One thing that’s confusing me is it’s listed as a preorder but shows “in stock” with no sign of a release date.
It's slated for early 2020 release. I agree with you that they set it up on their store site incorrectly as other preorders have a "preorder" button rather than "add to cart" as this one does.

Amazon JP has been implementing cancellation cutoffs on things, it will be on the page when you order, my neogeo mini hit me with it. worth keeping an eye out for that, so far JP is the only Amazon I've seen do it
Doesn’t Amazon Europe charge a week or two after the preorder now?

Doesn’t Amazon Europe charge a week or two after the preorder now?
Guessing it depends on which country specific Amazon you're talking about but I just got charged for Astral Chain last night and it just shipped an hour ago. Pretty sure that's true for Amazon.DE and IT as well. I've never ordered from any other Amazon entites in Europe.

Amazon UK shipped my Astral Chain as well.

$100 for Atelier Ryza with no steelbook? So they're basically charging $40 for a dinky artbook and some lithographs?

So just curious what you guys use for storage for your games. I assume you like most use shelving. I used to use shelving, but I got rid of it because I have an old house, it was built in like the 50s and it has a lot of dust. I managed to limit it with some remodeling(going hardwood, ventilation duct cleaning, etc) and air purifiers, so it's not as bad as it used to be, but it definitely still amasses much quicker than your average home. I'd say every week there is a decent coating of dust on everything and it was just too much trouble cleaning with the shelving. It would get on the games and in between cracks, it was really gross and way too tiresome to maintain. I'd have to pull all the cases out individually and wipe them off.

So I started storing all my games in plastic storage bins, like Sterilite and such and stacking them up to keep them clean.

Wonder if you guys recommend any other alternatives, because they're starting to get bulky and I'm running out of room to store stuff.

FYI: A few years ago I also bought one of those storage cabinets to try that and I have no freaking clue, but somehow the inside of that amassed dust too. Granted, at a slower rate, but still, same premise. So those are a no go too.
You could always look into legal/medical bookcases. They have glass doors to keep reference texts from getting dusty. Of course, they are also significantly more expensive

Lapierre+Barrister+Bookcase.jpg

Anyone still waiting on dispatch for Astral Chain CE from Amazon UK. They canceled 1 of the 2 I ordered but charged the other one since this morning. But still havnt been dispatched while I'm seeing others on here saying theirs shipped out already.

That's funny, I was just thinking about how the chest itself was the only cool part of that CE.

lmao at those shitty unpainted d&d figures and plain model kit. 

I remember awhile ago that a rumor was there are 4 editions, Regular, Special Edition, Collector's Edition, Ellie Edition.

Nibel on twitter tweeted it from a Chinese source that had predicted things correct before.

I guess we will find out eventually.

There was a CE for the TLOU EU exclusive?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I know there was at least 3 different ones. Joel Edition, Ellie Edition, Special Ellie Edition (Amazon IT exclusive, it's came with everything in a much larger box so it is a standalone CE and not just the regular Ellie Ed w/ extras). I imagine there are other store/country specific ones like the Special Ellie Edition so who knows what else is there. I only found it by luck while trying to find the Joel/regular Ellie Editions.

TLoU literally changed how I viewed games/gaming so at the time, I tried to collect as much as I could for it but the game's popularity led to so much merch and stuff, I couldn't keep up (with my limited funds). I got the regular game, the special edition, Post-Pandemic Ed, Joel Ed, Ellie Ed, Special Ellie Ed, the Press Kit and some merch before I called it quit.

I remember awhile ago that a rumor was there are 4 editions, Regular, Special Edition, Collector's Edition, Ellie Edition.

Nibel on twitter tweeted it from a Chinese source that had predicted things correct before.

I guess we will find out eventually.
I can't see it NOT having a at least 2 CEs... 1 with a Steelbook and artbook, and another with a steelbook, artbook, statue, poster or print, and an insane price tag. And then there'll be tons of diff CEs in international markets too of course.

Shoot, you're right. Non of my preorders from Gamestop is showing up on the website. Only in the App. Wonder if they do this on purpose so it'll be a pain to cancel orders now.

For anyone getting shipping notices for the imports of Astral Chain CEs from Amazon UK or IT or whatever- did anyone get tracking numbers? I felt like all my international Amazon orders have tracking numbers and this makes me nervous. 

For anyone getting shipping notices for the imports of Astral Chain CEs from Amazon UK or IT or whatever- did anyone get tracking numbers? I felt like all my international Amazon orders have tracking numbers and this makes me nervous.
UK used UPS Next Day Air for me

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Hell, Amazon UK still hasn't even shipped my Astral Chain CE yet. They charged my card on Thurs. I have a feeling they oversold.

My astral chain has tracking, then they notified me it was delayed in transit due to external factors, after checking it showed it was sent to Germany after shipping from UK abut thankfully tracking updated this morning and it’s in NJ already so I should get it Tuesday or Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back