Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to get this today, with the help of some friends..

tCmSjoj.jpg
This is the one from the collectors edition? Do you have more detailed photos? Would be cool to see what we are purchasing. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here are some more pictures I took after I put it together. Comes in three pieces the base, the bike & V. This should be the one coming in the CE.

2Kwgluj.jpg

6olzags.jpg

Zv4dvuA.jpg
LgN51wK.jpg

Just got shipping notification from Gamestop for the World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary CE with the price error of $59.99. I'm shocked they didn't end up cancelling all orders and put it back up again. They sold their entire allotment on the price error I think (it only lasted a few minutes), their website didn't update the price to $99.99 until after it sold out.

Just got shipping notification from Gamestop for the World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary CE with the price error of $59.99. I'm shocked they didn't end up cancelling all orders and put it back up again. They sold their entire allotment on the price error I think (it only lasted a few minutes), their website didn't update the price to $99.99 until after it sold out.
My order was $99.99.

Wtf? That's definitely a price error I missed. Fml

I'm actually kind of glad, alot of money spent last month and this month. But then again 3/20 is right between Last of Us 2, FF VII remake, and Cyberpunk.

Received the Wow 15th anniversary. It’s huge. Much better presentation than I expected from pictures.

Need to pick up mine after work, but nowhere to display it heh. Should hit 60 tonight and our raid group is starting to form, so I'll be seeing the firelord again soon. . .

You go girl. Recapture that 2005 nostalgia!
It's bittersweet nostalgia because of the meta now. Everyone has their BiS lists and rotations, so nothing is left to wonder. Our guild has been clearing MC since week 2 of launch with two full groups going now, but I hardly have that amount of time or level of commitment anymore to give. I've missed vanilla though, it feels good to be challenged and see all the mistakes that were made back in the day, such as thinking that getting full T0 set gear was the best pre-raid. So funny seeing how individual pieces destroy those suits and some items are so powerful they aren't replaced until later phases (all the way up to AQ40 lol).

WoW 15th anniversay box - Damn packaging is fancy, all the way through. They did a great job with this. Ragnaros statue has some real weight to it too. If I could get a second I'd totally paint one the proper colors, but this does look great.

It's bittersweet nostalgia because of the meta now. Everyone has their BiS lists and rotations, so nothing is left to wonder. Our guild has been clearing MC since week 2 of launch with two full groups going now, but I hardly have that amount of time or level of commitment anymore to give. I've missed vanilla though, it feels good to be challenged and see all the mistakes that were made back in the day, such as thinking that getting full 0.5 set gear was the best pre-raid. So funny seeing how individual pieces destroy those suits and some items are so powerful they aren't replaced until later phases (all the way up to AQ40 lol).
I don't understand the appeal at all. I was doing all of that 14 years ago and continued to raid at a world competitive pace throughout Cataclysm for many years after most people I knew had quit the game already. I don't understand why all of these same people whom got bored of endgame and raiding and quit this game are going back to it like it was the best thing ever. They were malcontents in our groups over a decade ago. It's a very strange phenomenon.

I bet they are all mostly playing the same classes they raided with 15 years ago too. People are longing to recapture their joy of gaming from the days of yore.

I don't understand the appeal at all. I was doing all of that 14 years ago and continued to raid at a world competitive pace throughout Cataclysm for many years after most people I knew had quit the game already. I don't understand why all of these same people whom got bored of endgame and raiding and quit this game are going back to it like it was the best thing ever. They were malcontents in our groups over a decade ago. It's a very strange phenomenon.

I bet they are all mostly playing the same classes they raided with 15 years ago too. People are longing to recapture their joy of gaming from the days of yore.
I never got it either honestly. I had the most fun from Cata until the end of Warlords when I finally got burned out. I don't think I'd go back to the old days...unless I could somehow get that AQ40 legendary mount 😫. Anyway, I haven't opened the CE yet but man this thing is way bigger and heavier than I thought. Shame it doesn't come with the actual game!

i must have some random lucky with ordering online with gamestop anymore.  Managed to grab the Wow 15th CE back when they listed it at the 59.99 price mistake.   It was showing  pending charge on my card a few days ago but now the charge is completely gone like i was never charged.  

i must have some random lucky with ordering online with gamestop anymore. Managed to grab the Wow 15th CE back when they listed it at the 59.99 price mistake. It was showing pending charge on my card a few days ago but now the charge is completely gone like i was never charged.
It'll show up again in a few days.

I won't touch Classic. I suffered through it back then once, not doing it again. So many quality of life improvements have hit the game since. Pets/mounts not taking up bag space, no quiver to take a bag slot, no food to feed pets, no needing soul stones, no reagents for certain spells, etc.

Why would you go back to those dark ages if you have an option not to? :/ Plus, you're just giving up a ton of other content... like, why?

I won't touch Classic. I suffered through it back then once, not doing it again. So many quality of life improvements have hit the game since. Pets/mounts not taking up bag space, no quiver to take a bag slot, no food to feed pets, no needing soul stones, no reagents for certain spells, etc.

Why would you go back to those dark ages if you have an option not to? :/ Plus, you're just giving up a ton of other content... like, why?
So much this, though classic did give us the ability to endlessly spam brags about [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] in trade chat, so it wasn't all bad.

For me, it's simplicity sake. Over the years they added and added until the game just got to be a convoluted mess. I played Hunter for all of vanilla and Rogue in Cata, skipping over expansions here and there all the way til present. This time around I'm playing opposite faction and Priest, which I had never played until now. I wanted to see things from the other side and a brand new class, and it's pretty eye-opening why Horde side sucked so bad that people gravitated to Alliance. Barrens (no, not chat). . .ugh. Just that alone made me hate the leveling path.

IDK, it's fun but it won't last. Now that I'm 60 it's becoming frustrating again trying to get groups together for full runs and on raid nights, forget about it; just nothing going on (this is on a full pop server that still has queues). I'm just trying to ride this wave as far as it goes because gaming in general, is pretty stagnate to me.

If anyone wants/needs a WoW 15th Anniversary, I have mine from Best Buy I don't want.  I would like GCU price + shipping for it otherwise I am going to return it as I quit WoW for good and have no interest in it.  Tbh I totally forgot I had ordered it earlier in the year lol.  Toss me a PM if interested.

I got my Zelda CE from Amazon.de today finally after it being shipped via Royal Mail with no tracking. It arrived in perfect condition despite being in a coffin wrap. Nintendo made it a lot sturdier than most CE boxes we get that helped out a lot. I still wish I was able to land Astral Chain though. 

I got my Zelda CE from Amazon.de today finally after it being shipped via Royal Mail with no tracking. It arrived in perfect condition despite being in a coffin wrap. Nintendo made it a lot sturdier than most CE boxes we get that helped out a lot. I still wish I was able to land Astral Chain though.
I have an unopened Astral Chain CE from Amazon (Germany) that I don't think I'll get around to with Borderlands 3, Link's Awakening, and the Q1 2020 games coming up. PM me if interested. Not looking to get eBay prices. Would love to help a fellow CAG'er out.

Edit: Sold

Sorry if it's the wrong place but I'm curious if you guys have any experience with Amazon.co.jp and orders that are limit one per customer?

Is anything stopping one from just ordering it again after the first order? Sure it wastes shipping money but just curious.

Thanks!

I'm surprised at this point that this isn't in North America. I ordered from Amazon.de but I'm guessing at this point it's only coming after release like Let's Go Pokemon did.
At this point, I'm just holding off on buying Switch games for this reason. There's no incentive to buy the NA versions at launch at full price. Either I'll wait and get the steelbook when that's available or I'll get it cheaper on a sale. Either way, I've got more than enough of a backlog to outwait even Nintendo price drops.

Sorry if it's the wrong place but I'm curious if you guys have any experience with Amazon.co.jp and orders that are limit one per customer?
Is anything stopping one from just ordering it again after the first order? Sure it wastes shipping money but just curious.

Thanks!
From my experience, they bar you from ordering a second, but if item went OOS and came back in stock again. You can get another one.

I'm not a fan of the price but I pre-ordered my copy of Luigi's Mansion on Play Asia because in my experience they ship items well protected.

I'm not a fan of the price but I pre-ordered my copy of Luigi's Mansion on Play Asia because in my experience they ship items well protected.
Me neither but I'm selling LM3 to a friend for cheap. Steelbook is gonna cost me like $30ish... I can live with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back