Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still torn on Death Standing... I actually can't figure out what the fuck the game is about. Some people are calling it a masterpiece and others are calling it a fetch-quest game.

I'm not torn at all.

All I expect out of it is something different, a bit weird, unique and interesting. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece as long as its interesting, weird and run which I am pretty sure this will be.

I'd rather play a 6 out of 10 game that was unique and weird and interesting, than play a 10 out of 10 that is bland, boring and generic.

As much as I love kojima and his work I'm not over hyping myself because I know this is a big challenge for him. He is finally free to do what he wants, he has money, he has support, and suddenly access to whatever he wants. So I can forgive him for being a kid in the candy store that wants everything. He is niggar rich now.

I caved and cancelled my DS CE, gonna hold out in hopes for a price drop or good AWD grab on just the bb

Then don't play it, no need come in a deals forum to talk shit about something that you have no interest in.
Found the Hideo fan club. I actually did have interest in the game but for all the time it was in news or shown off, nothing about it was really reconcilable. That's why it comes as no surprise that opinions are mixed, and that nerds get mad when Kojima is questioned.

Let's be on the lookout for a diablo IV CE. Blizzard is a son of a bitch but damn that game looks good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Latest from Blizz is to not expect it for a long time so I'd put that out at 2022 at this point. Marks the 10 year anniversary of D3 so would be about right. I'm in the same boat though, looks like a much better game and will be on PS5 so I'm definitely in. Just hoping they'll make a CE for PS5. . .

Found the Hideo fan club. I actually did have interest in the game but for all the time it was in news or shown off, nothing about it was really reconcilable. That's why it comes as no surprise that opinions are mixed, and that nerds get mad when Kojima is questioned.
I'm not even a fan, you came on here quoting reviews and saying why you won't buy the game. If you want to tell everyone your opinions on the game start a blog or something.

Cancelled death stranding CE. Going with just the CE ps4 pro. The more subtle BB inspired controller is enough for me. I traded in my other pro to gamestop for $300 towards the gears one x.

Whelp, add me to the group that canceled the Death Stranding CE.  I actually kind of like the CE, just don't think its worth $200 (or even $160 with GCU).  If it ever drops below $100 I will likely pick it up.

Plus I have too many gaming expenses the next two weeks, with Switch Lite this Friday and Pokemon double pack next one. Not to mention Blasphemous at LRG on 11/15.  Just too much right now and DS CE was the unfortunate cut.

I'm not even a fan, you came on here quoting reviews and saying why you won't buy the game. If you want to tell everyone your opinions on the game start a blog or something.
If you don't like opinions on internet forums, I have bad news. . .

And there's enough loudmouths like me already; I have a little more ambition than starting a blog to serve tears like yours.

If you don't like opinions on internet forums, I have bad news. . .

And there's enough loudmouths like me already; I have a little more ambition than starting a blog to serve tears like yours.
Seems funny that all my posts about your takes on DS get likes but yours don't. Seems like others rather hear about deals then some losers opinions on a game. But you do you, assclown.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Seems funny that all my posts about your takes on DS get likes but yours don't. Seems like others rather hear about deals then some losers opinions on a game. But you do you, assclown.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
4bc2ebd66ecf4f52d3b6a12cb5ebd390.gif

Lol, I'm not even angry. I just remembered you're the same clown from the PSN thread that told me Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and other Sony games are all the same game. No wonder you don't want to play Death Stranding.

Count me as well. $199 for a meh CE not worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised with so many cancellations (and mixed reviews) you'll see this for $100 by BF.

"Ich don't think so" - the steelbook is not included with that. The steelbook was sold separately on amazon.de but preorders sold out a while back

Just got an email confirming these will be free with pre-order, which may or may not have been already known. There's still zero mention of it on the pre-order page, but I'll be keeping the email as proof for now. It also mentions that Doom Eternal is getting a free steelbook just for pre-ordering, in case people were trying to bypass any CEs just for a steel.

Just got an email confirming these will be free with pre-order, which may or may not have been already known. There's still zero mention of it on the pre-order page, but I'll be keeping the email as proof for now. It also mentions that Doom Eternal is getting a free steelbook just for pre-ordering, in case people were trying to bypass any CEs just for a steel.
It is on their website. If you search for Pokémon Sword and Shield you'll see the "notice" for the free item.

The trailer for the game on the product page ends with coin being shown off as a pre-order bonus.

Preordered the Death Stranding CE. Glad people got cold feet from a couple of reviews. I was finally able to secure a order. Looking forward to Friday. I need to find a nice spot to display the BB in my game room. 

Preordered the Death Stranding CE. Glad people got cold feet from a couple of reviews. I was finally able to secure a order. Looking forward to Friday. I need to find a nice spot to display the BB in my game room.
Just too expensive for me for the contents, and I really didn't relish the idea of explaining the fetus baby in a jar on my shelf to prospective ladies (who am I kidding).

The fetus-in-a-jar is creepy as fuck to anyone whom isn't familiar with the game.   Full stop.

that's like 99% of people, so pretty much under any circumstance.  I don't know what's up with all the digusting CEs lately like Rage 2.  Just distasteful and pointless.  Like what are we trying to do with this stuff?  House of 1000 Corpses?

It is on their website. If you search for Pokémon Sword and Shield you'll see the "notice" for the free item.
Yeah, I finally found it hiding on the double-pack only which is kinda shit of them since the email that went out specifically says just from pre-ordering and LINKS to the pre-order page with all 3 copies listed. They should be more clear and I'm going to ask about getting it when I pick my copy of Sword up anyway. Chances are they'd end up being pennied out regardless.

Nice. I decided 170 is a bit steep after much consideration. It isn't so much as the baby in a bottle that turned me off, I just wasn't feeling the contents were worth the money. Outside of BB, that ludons thing is tiny. Plus, digital music soundtracks don't get excited nor do cosmetics so I moved on. Glad you scored one!

The fetus-in-a-jar is creepy as fuck to anyone whom isn't familiar with the game. Full stop.

that's like 99% of people, so pretty much under any circumstance. I don't know what's up with all the digusting CEs lately like Rage 2. Just distasteful and pointless. Like what are we trying to do with this stuff? House of 1000 Corpses?
Is that you grandma?

I would have preferred a ludens statue instead of the bb pod. I actually picked up the ludens figma from ps gear store when they ran a 20% off deal. The 1/6 scale ludens action figure on kojima website is great too but it's almost $400. Also if you want the mini ludens in the CE it looks like you can get it for $15 there.

The fetus-in-a-jar is creepy as fuck to anyone whom isn't familiar with the game. Full stop.

that's like 99% of people, so pretty much under any circumstance. I don't know what's up with all the digusting CEs lately like Rage 2. Just distasteful and pointless. Like what are we trying to do with this stuff? House of 1000 Corpses?
I feel that way about perv anime CE's that come with big breasted mouse pads or "body pillows", and art cards of half naked school girls embracing . To each their own though right?

Were any of you able to get a Dragon Ball Z Kakarot CE preorder in? I really want one now since it also includes the season pass. Amazon is Sold out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back