2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally I did want that edition too. Couldn’t justify paying $250 or so for a plastic toy. If it was a resin statue, maybe. But to make an action figure, force it into a soft bundle? No thank you.
If it was resin, it would be at least $500, if not $1k.

If it was resin, it would be at least $500, if not $1k.

I do agree with you there too. I really just could not justify this edition for what it is. Though I admit I never got on the Play Arts habit either. I've seen them at shows and comic cons, though never owned/played with one.

I'm on the edge of canceling my day one preorder for the deluxe edition from when it was announced too. When I found out the game isn't really a game yet it's being released in episodes, that really turned me off. Buying three deluxe copies, even standard editions, means you're paying $200-$250 for a game that is 23 years old. The only reason I haven't canceled mine is my Best Buy GCU is attached to the purchase, and there also is a possibility of some rarity due to COVID. Who am I kidding though, I preordered KH3 deluxe from Best Buy and that edition was so massively produced it was on firesale for a while.

I do agree with you there too. I really just could not justify this edition for what it is. Though I admit I never got on the Play Arts habit either. I've seen them at shows and comic cons, though never owned/played with one.

I'm on the edge of canceling my day one preorder for the deluxe edition from when it was announced too. When I found out the game isn't really a game yet it's being released in episodes, that really turned me off. Buying three deluxe copies, even standard editions, means you're paying $200-$250 for a game that is 23 years old. The only reason I haven't canceled mine is my Best Buy GCU is attached to the purchase, and there also is a possibility of some rarity due to COVID. Who am I kidding though, I preordered KH3 deluxe from Best Buy and that edition was so massively produced it was on firesale for a while.
I’m with you on everything except the argument about the game being 23 years old. No offense to you, I hear this argument a lot. The story is 23 years old, ok. Even then though, is the argument that the older the game, the lesser the value? I doubt anyone would make that claim when the game isn’t a straight port but isn’t that the implication when people justify their frustration with that statement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is of course free to do as they wish, but:

When I found out the game isn't really a game yet it's being released in episodes
FFVIIR is not the first nor will it be the last video game to use an episodic release model. Can you explain how this makes it not "really a game"?

you're paying $200-$250 for a game that is 23 years old.
Are you being serious? The amount of work SE has put into this project over the last several years has been well documented. This is not a port, the game has been remade from the ground up with modern technology. It seems unfathomable that you could look at a trailer or screenshot for this game and remark about it being 23 years old.

FFVIIR is not the first nor will it be the last video game to use an episodic release model. Can you explain how this makes it not "really a game"?

Are you being serious? The amount of work SE has put into this project over the last several years has been well documented. This is not a port, the game has been remade from the ground up with modern technology. It seems unfathomable that you could look at a trailer or screenshot for this game and remark about it being 23 years old.
Yup it's mindset like this is why we can't have nice things. If you look at the scope of FF VII remake and all the work that's needed. There's no way they can make the entire game without breaking it up and still make money. It would be a ridiculously long game too.

I’m with you on everything except the argument about the game being 23 years old. No offense to you, I hear this argument a lot. The story is 23 years old, ok. Even then though, is the argument that the older the game, the lesser the value? I doubt anyone would make that claim when the game isn’t a straight port but isn’t that the implication when people justify their frustration with that statement?

When FFX/X-2 is released on :xb1: at $50 when it has been bargain basement prices on :ps4:, that's frustrating. But when a 23-year-old game is rebuilt from the ground up with years of work from the dev, yeah that's not the same thing. I'm not too keen on paying the episodic prices, so I'll just wait until the whole thing is out anyway.

I understand the game has been rebuilt from the ground up. My biggest gripe is that it's being sold piecemeal, not as a whole game. Perhaps it's my age, I'm tired of games like Assassin's Creed as it is today, 20 hours of story in a 100 hour 'game' since a majority is filler content. Then you look at Call of Duty where you used to get full single player campaigns and multiplayer. Then season passes, and now you don't even get single player.

Back in my day, I sat in front of a huge wood cabinet 500lb TV with built in speakers, playing FF7 with my bradygames guide next to me on the shag carpet. I was so hooked on the game I took the guide to school with me to read ahead, anxiously waiting the moment the school day ended so I can race home to play the game.

P.S. up hill, both ways, snow something something....

You know, you can always wait 10 or 15 years later to get the complete FFVII experience if you are so concern with it being a piecemeal.

You know, you can always wait 10 or 15 years later to get the complete FFVII experience if you are so concern with it being a piecemeal.

That is the plan in all honesty.

I've been burned way too many times buying games at launch where many are broken, then six months later the "COMPLETE gold steelbook fully patched GOTY edition" comes out, and at half price.

Monster Hunter Iceborne: Master Edition Deluxe PS4 is $35.53 in Amazon. Includes base Monster Hunter game, Iceborne expansion, and steelbook.

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-World-Iceborne-Master-PlayStation/dp/B07RN6GDS3

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk
Hey that's awesome. This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Best Buy hasn't dropped the price on theirs yet either. Bought one.

I really hope they can increase the frame rate when I switch over to the PS5.

That's damn tempting, but then I remember MH is just grinding monsters for parts ad naseum. Really enjoyed MHW until the endgame reality hit me in the face. Then again I'm dropping $240 on the Frosthaven KS that launched this morning, so who am I to judge lol.

I hope my RE3 CE can be picked up without issues Friday.  I had it pre-ordered in store at Gamestop.  I also have $50 put down on the Last of Us 2 CE and am wonder if I should have got a pre-order somewhere else while I could.  Not much I can do about it now though unless it goes back in stock.

That's damn tempting, but then I remember MH is just grinding monsters for parts ad naseum. Really enjoyed MHW until the endgame reality hit me in the face. Then again I'm dropping $240 on the Frosthaven KS that launched this morning, so who am I to judge lol.
Don't get the broken token insert , just get a foam one for like 50 bucks cheaper.

Oh god, I hope that's not the case...

I really do wonder though, what are the major episodes that'll make up the rest of the story.. I mean, given how ep 1 is Midgar, how are they going to handle some of the other areas/cities? Like Fort Condor, which is a pretty small place but involes exploring the open world around it? Or hell, how are they gonna handle the Highwind/open world in general.:whistle2:k

MHW main game is over pretty quickly. If you want the trophies you will grind crowns for months.

Surprised no one else here is talking about the P5R CE... it's beautiful.
Ya it's aight. I was really confused on how to setup the mask on the stand though lol. Also somehow there is about a 1 inch scratch on the back of the steelbook where the paint is rubbed off, not sure how that happened since it had the slipcover on it. The book is huge and beautiful though and the mask and stand are well made!

Surprised no one else here is talking about the P5R CE... it's beautiful.
Honestly I'm impressed with it. On par with the original P5 CE and def worth the value. I'd imagine most ppl are busy playing it hence the reason no ones talking about it..I had to take a break to eat something lol

this is the japanese version with the soundtrack steelbook, its up at amazon.jp but wont ship to US, atleast not for NJ. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B086GRG5DD?pf_rd_r=MPVQT5Y3X92VCAX33MCM&pf_rd_p=3d322af3-60ce-4778-b834-9b7ade73f617
71kG8AcHarL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Been up for a few days, but ships to the US now.

Went ahead and bought the FF12 CE for PS4... really enjoying playing this again, will probably give the extra copy to my friend, I'm sure he'll never play.

Still no shipment notification for me on FF7R 1st Class Edition. I preordered pretty early too... 

Got notice of my RE3 CE shipping. 

Have the LoU2 CE coming in a few months. 

Got the Doom Eternal CE just sitting on the floor. 

I have no room for all these CEs and won't open any of them. Why do I keep buying them...? What's wrong with me? 

It's $100 at Gamestop too, I would have to think it keeps dropping. It was $169 a while ago.

Edit: looks like it's out of stock on gamestop.com

Still no shipment notification for me on FF7R 1st Class Edition. I preordered pretty early too...

Got notice of my RE3 CE shipping.

Have the LoU2 CE coming in a few months.

Got the Doom Eternal CE just sitting on the floor.

I have no room for all these CEs and won't open any of them. Why do I keep buying them...? What's wrong with me?
Did your RE3 CE ship from Capcom store or Gamestop?

Ghost of Tsushima has been going in and out of stock during the day. I managed to get a preorder in, but i was so paranoid that it wouldn't go through, that i held off on using my 25% farewell coupon, as i didn't want to apply it, only to get a notification that the order didn't go through, then double the hit by losing the discount on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back