2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood why the Tony Hawk games never appreciated more in value in the Retro games community.

I mean they were good games that arguably still hold up,

They were never rereleased (except for that random HD mashup on 360/ps3 but that wasnt the original game)

They were highly played by gamers in the ps1/n64 time (meaning an excellent nostalgic value)

I was always surprised they can be regularly had for like $5 to this day.

I never understood why the Tony Hawk games never appreciated more in value in the Retro games community.

They were never rereleased (except for that random HD mashup on 360/ps3 but that wasnt the original game)

They were highly played by gamers in the ps1/n64 time (meaning an excellent nostalgic value)

Because EVERYONE had them. They're really frickin common.

But same with Pokémon no? Or Mario games? Or smash brothers melee?
I'd say it's because skate culture experienced a boom during the THPS 1-3 era and then went back to normal. Tons of copies of those games exist but not as many fans do.

Compare that with Mario/Pokemon/anything Nintendo which always has a growing following, parents grew up playing them and now their kids are playing them.

EjEnb7z.jpg
Got my Tony Hawk CE and the color is a lot lighter than all the unboxing videos.  It's also kind of a blue green look to it.  I've seen a new video of someone with a bright red one that was kind of cool too.

https://i.imgur.com/EjEnb7z.jpg

Because EVERYONE had them. They're really frickin common.

SOME reasons, not all of them are listed below:

- Its a Sports game
- Not a Nintendo first party game
- Doesn't have Nintendo first party characters in it
- Not a RPG
- Not a Action/Adventure Game
- Not a Shmup
- Doesn't have a Capcom, Atlus, NIS or a Japanese Gaming Company logo on it
- No Anime characters in it
- No Anime soundtrack/voiceovers
- Wasn't part of the 8-16bit era
- Wasn't limited to 1000 copies
- Never on the Vita
- It's a obscure title
- Its a American Made game
- Has Activision logo on it
- Not Otaku "enough"
- Not a horror game
- Its a American Made game (ya on here twice)

- No one cares about Tony Hawk but older gen gamers who played it are the same people who already have it nor care about it anymore to rebuy it for a "gaming collection".

Damn my Tony Hawk came beat to shit from Target. Looks like someone jumped on the box itself lol. Called em up and they gave me 25% off in the form of a refund. Still sucks though but as long as the stuff inside is fine, it’s whatever.

Heard Best Buy orders were being shipped with no box lol. Was reading through the reviews and it was a pretty common issue.

Mamba forever steelbook is selling for a few bucks...I sold mine with a scratch on it pictured and detailed for $40+shipping

Damn my Tony Hawk came beat to shit from Target. Looks like someone jumped on the box itself lol. Called em up and they gave me 25% off in the form of a refund. Still sucks though but as long as the stuff inside is fine, it’s whatever.

Heard Best Buy orders were being shipped with no box lol. Was reading through the reviews and it was a pretty common issue.
My BB order was actually shipped in a box and arrived in great condition. Doesn't surprise me, I've received a few packages from BB like that:(

Was just gonna say my Best Buy Tony Hawk CE came without a packing box. It’s obviously beat to shit and probably has corona all over it

Am I the only one that got the Amalur CE successfully?
I ordered it from Amazon but it still said we'll notify you when we have a shipping date, so I doubt it's gonna ship on time. Usually they update the release date long before the item ships and they still haven't.

My tony hawk ce came from GameStop.perfect shipping big box with lots of bubblers. Got the Xbox one version with a really nice purple color it’s dope.

However I noticed a few blemishes on the pictured side Like small paint chips or scratches

Amazon hasn't shipped em yet. Not sure if Gamestop has or not. They were the only 2 retailers that had them.
Mine arrived with my store's shipment on Friday. I went in and checked with them today since now that GS is going with Fed Ex if the delivery person comes before the store opens they just leave the boxes outside & if the one worker is with a customer they just leave the boxes in the middle of the store so I wanted to check since getting a replacement will be near impossible.

What's the deal with modern day systems and importing games like that? Im a massive yakuza fan and would love to get that special edition but if I get that will the game be playable in english? The book looks super nice assuming it's in a language I can read but I'm just curious will I still be able to play the game the same as I would getting the normal edition. Right now I just have the day ichi edition ordered but was hoping a SE or CE would come out

What's the deal with modern day systems and importing games like that? Im a massive yakuza fan and would love to get that special edition but if I get that will the game be playable in english? The book looks super nice assuming it's in a language I can read but I'm just curious will I still be able to play the game the same as I would getting the normal edition. Right now I just have the day ichi edition ordered but was hoping a SE or CE would come out
Consoles being region free likely helps with importing games (thank you Sony for revitalizing this feature). As for English language support, it depends on the game but from what I know, most European games include the most common European languages (English, French, German, Spanish) in some form. Even many Japanese games include English subtitles.

It seems the Art of Tsushima hardcover book is either in high demand or limited print. I almost passed on it as I don't normally collect non 'collectors edition' art books, though its current scarcity made me jump on it.

Dark Horse usually does reprints to meet demand on recent releases, so I wouldn't be too worried unless you're a diehard fan of the game

Dark Horse usually does reprints to meet demand on recent releases, so I wouldn't be too worried unless you're a diehard fan of the game
I think you're correct. The Cyberpunk 2077 Deluxe was one I went back/forth on before it sold out but then it showed up again on Amazon again a few weeks ago for future delivery, and I just got it last week.

anyone get their Kingdoms of Amalur CE yet? My Amazon pre order says we will let you know when it is available. And their chat rep said its not available. I'm so pissed

Amalur Re-reckoning might just be the rarest CE of the year. Amazon is f'd up everyone's orders. I got an order in at gamestop today with stock tracker but it was cancelled a couple hours later. Even the ebay scalpers are getting their money on this one.  I surrender.

I'll just pick up the base game when it hits the bargain bin by black friday.

Amazon will ship them, it's just going to be delayed. It's rare because they cut the production down. It was up for pre-order for quite a while and one day all the versions went down simultaneously. They told the retailers an adjust production number I guess so they all took the listings down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back