2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy preorder for Cyberpunk just updated for availability today. Is that a glitch or did they move up release? Really hope I can pick it up today.
Generally the system will not allow it to be picked up so you have to roll the dice with getting a manager to override the computer. so very YMMN

Trying to remember but I feel like there is a small blurb in the email along the lines of, "if this is a preorder you will not be able to pick it up till release day" or something along those lines. Best Buy has sent out pick up emails a day or two early a bunch of times for preorders now. Really it just means it is at the store and tagged at store pick up ready to go.

Persona 5 Strikers Switch steelbook is Bestbuy bonus item, not part of the original packaging. Nonetheless, Bestbuy may or may not getting a bunch of these.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My Best Buy preorder for Cyberpunk just updated for availability today. Is that a glitch or did they move up release? Really hope I can pick it up today.
Same for me. But then I got a delayed item email with no estimated pickup date. So I’m not even sure it will be ready by the original release date of this Thursday.

I just got the delay email from BB for the Cyberpunk 2077 CE. I'm not surprised. I've had issues with recent orders. Every time I checkout I get the free Same Day delivery option and the other option which costs money. However, after purchasing and waiting a whole day, they email me telling me my item is delayed and then I get another email that tells me there is an action required so I don't get my order cancelled/refunded. At this point, I just want the CE I preordered. Delay or not. I understand that we're going through a pandemic, but maybe they shouldn't offer same day delivery if they can't fulfill it at this time. Just my thoughts

Edit: Got emailed again saying it was a mix up and that I will still get it on time *sigh of relief*

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Normally it works lol I guess I’ll just hold on and see later on if it works
Last time I did it with Resident Evil 3 Remake: choose pickup for game, ship for steelbook. After the steelbook shipped to me, I cancelled the the game pickup. They docked me $20 for the steelbook but I got to pick the game cheaper elsewhere down the road.

lol Best Buy got my CE return, says I'm getting a refund. But hey they shipped out the steelbook lol
Mine has said returned on the site since last week. I kept the gift card I paid it in full with and it still has no refunded balance. Chat told me that I'd still get the game and it hit their warehouse today.

I'm scared of what Best Buy has done with mine, so I've ordered one from Gamestop. It won't be in until the weekend, but I'm in the middle of AC Valhalla right now anywho. Thanks for posting!

I'm scared of what Best Buy has done with mine, so I've ordered one from Gamestop. It won't be in until the weekend, but I'm in the middle of AC Valhalla right now anywho. Thanks for posting!
Yea No Problem

I've only ever had an Issue with a Funko Pop Pre-Order I did in like... October

Otherwise hopefully it works out better than Best Buy. I dont like GameStop but I'll take my opportunities when it comes to CE's

Yea No Problem

I've only ever had an Issue with a Funko Pop Pre-Order I did in like... October

Otherwise hopefully it works out better than Best Buy. I dont like GameStop but I'll take my opportunities when it comes to CE's
I have no issues with things when I get them, but mine being shipped early, sent back, and marked as returned has me questioning if I'll get it at all.

For those curious here is a video showing load times disparity between PS4 and Switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5HPNW2I4Bw&feature=youtu.be

It's frustrating because I, like most of you, will always opt for a Steelbook when given the chance.  But this is a bit TOO much of a difference. 

I'm guessing that Atlus West opted to do the Switch only Steelbook in NA to increase Switch sales of P5S since it's been out for so long and the differences are so easily looked up.

For those curious here is a video showing load times disparity between PS4 and Switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5HPNW2I4Bw&feature=youtu.be

It's frustrating because I, like most of you, will always opt for a Steelbook when given the chance. But this is a bit TOO much of a difference.

I'm guessing that Atlus West opted to do the Switch only Steelbook in NA to increase Switch sales of P5S since it's been out for so long and the differences are so easily looked up.
Im banking on the Switch Pro model to come out next year and that will increase Switch Processing Power therefore... faster and smoother loading

Nothing in your story indicates that they intentionally damaged anything. Were they careless? Sure. Hardly worth sharing a story like that, particularly since the ending is you wasting too much of your time complaining which ultimately had zero impact on anything and went to die like every other complaint to a multi-billion dollar company.
Recklessness or carelessness is intentional. To pay $200, wait 8 months for a preorder, and pick up the item only to see it used like a futbol, kicked around all over a field, is insane. That CE even had individualized serial numbers right on top of the box!

I don't even care if the item is $20, nothing should be treated that way.

Any info on the cyberpunk CE production quantity amount? I've had a BB order locked in since June 19 and have been disappointed with BB in the past when they were unable to fulfill orders on collectors editions. Hoping of course that Cyberpunk doesn't get the same treatment. 

I've skimmed a few and yeah, it seems like only one mentioned that. Most of the reoccurring issue noted seems to be with bugs. I also noticed that all the reviews so far are on the PC. No clue how it'll look or run on PS4 since that's how I'll be playing it even with a laptop that can handle it (prob at minimum but still).

Even some of the reviews- IGN opens their video review saying CDPR won't let IGN use it's own footage, and had to use CDPR's provided footage...
Yep, exactly what I was referring to since IGN was only allowed to use B-roll.

On a completely different note: I hate to admit it but AC: Valhalla is hands down my favorite Ass Creed game now. They addressed issues with repetition by breaking it up with thoughtful side quests and truly fun missions to carry out. Maybe the Viking aspect is a bias but I've been having a blast. Does it break the mold for AC games? No, but it does break free of a lot of complaints I had for the games. My only gripe is the nerfing they've done to favor their cash shop, BUT you can earn those items either through their challenges or waiting for the items to show up for opals.

And bugs? I've seen animation issues with swords floating above the NPC as they swing them at a post. . .and that's it.

Last time I did it with Resident Evil 3 Remake: choose pickup for game, ship for steelbook. After the steelbook shipped to me, I cancelled the the game pickup. They docked me $20 for the steelbook but I got to pick the game cheaper elsewhere down the road.

Ah, if only you had picked it up and returned it you'd have paid nothing. ;)

Now Best Buy chat is just telling me I've been refunded for Cyberpunk.  I did a copy/paste of the email about still getting it and then they told me to not worry then.  I was given the number 1-888-237-8289 to find out about orders.

Now Best Buy chat is just telling me I've been refunded for Cyberpunk. I did a copy/paste of the email about still getting it and then they told me to not worry then. I was given the number 1-888-237-8289 to find out about orders.
I really don't think the chat people have a clue. I'd be shocked if you don't get it. They must have sent out hundreds of them, I don't think they want that backlash of screwing over so many people.

Now Best Buy chat is just telling me I've been refunded for Cyberpunk. I did a copy/paste of the email about still getting it and then they told me to not worry then. I was given the number 1-888-237-8289 to find out about orders.
If the replacements are indeed sent out then that's going to be free CE's for all affected.

My CE was recalled and is still enroute. Mine might go back to BB as early as tomorrow. I hear the game was buggy as hell so no rush here.

If the replacements are indeed sent out then that's going to be free CE's for all affected.

My CE was recalled and is still enroute. Mine might go back to BB as early as tomorrow. I hear the game was buggy as hell so no rush here.
How would they be free? Despite saying I've been refunded, I have not.

Yeah, that sucks. I kinda saw this coming too. What a mess.

They better offer some serious compensation after this debacle.

First call to the phone support said they saw an issue and had me on hold for a while due to their system being really slow and needed more time. The call then dropped. I was on hold for another 20 minutes and it put me through to best buy mobile that hung up on me. Compensation indeed!

My steelbook has not shipped either. They were happy to tell me that was still planned to ship out.

In my experience, best compensation you can expect from Best Buy is if they don’t scoff at you for complaining about a video game purchase.

Here are some of my CP2077 CE unboxing pictures for anyone who is interested:

CP2077-1.jpg

CP2077-2.jpg

CP2077-3.jpg

CP2077-4.jpg

CP2077-5.jpg

CP2077-6.jpg

CP2077-7.jpg

Wow, congrats to those of you that got it.:)  

I'm even saltier now that they fucked up my GoT CE preorder during summer. Pre-order from when it went live, then got a delay email, another delay email and then ultimate it couldn't be fulfilled so BB said they'd make up for it by sending me a free GoT Launch Edition but then that order got canceled because those were OOS, and when I contacted them, they apologized and sent me a refund for the free Launch Edition... of $0.:lol: 

Congrats to all that got the $100, more than makes up for a little confusion and delay in my opinion.  Guess it’s just one off problems they suck at addressing.

Man, I never get any of these "we messed up so here's some money" bonuses. Ngl I'm jealous lol, congrats to you all getting your cake and eating it too.

I wonder if cyberpunk 2077 collector is worth any money?  I help my friend order while I still have gcu.   A week or 2 ago he change his mind and say he don't want it anymore.  How likeiot it is for me to sell it to break even or slight profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back