2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered ori ce and nioh 2 special edition from amazon and both are being delivered on time. Just providing more info to identify if this is exclusively a bestbuy issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks vogyn!
o.png

I got a response last night but it does not explain why my image was rejected:

"Hello ***,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To qualify for this promotion, your receipt must clearly show a participating product purchase made between 12PM Eastern Time on 3/3/2020 and 11:59PM ET on 5/14/2020. All receipts that are illegible, digital, reprinted, altered in any way, showing a purchase made outside of the qualifying times/dates or have failed to meet the product purchase requirement will be rejected.

You may upload one receipt per day, between 12:00AM ET and 11:59PM ET. More information regarding receipt upload requirements may be found in the Terms and Conditions here: https://butterfingerff7r.com/en-us/Rules

Updates regarding your receipt approval status will be sent to you from [email protected]

Please note that you may resubmit a rejected receipt to be reviewed a second time; however, you MUST take a new picture of your receipt. If you upload the same image a second time it will be rejected automatically.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this promotion! Please let us know should you have any questions.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support"

I looked at the picture I sent them again and nothing they said applies to the picture of my receipt, so I am once again asking them what the problem is specifically with my submission. Hopefully I do not get another stock response.
I'll keep checking and see if they email me back.

BB finally shipped Ori as well as Nioh 2.

Ori CE from amazon has not shipped yet.  I don't have prime so that could be a reason.  I don't use amazon enough to keep prime but had a gift card that took care of the CE.  I'm fine with waiting.

Dunno what I'll do about my old switch console. Gamestop on gives $150 for it and I'm not interested in bothering with ebay or facebook classifieds.  I like the look of the console, but I only really play Ring Fit at the moment and never go mobile with it.

Well, looks like the Tifa theme DLC ain't happening. Never got the original email or a response to contacting customer support. If anyone ever gets a spare code, if you send it my way I'd be grateful and definitely hook you up in future if I ever get an extra DLC or bonus item.

Ori CE from amazon has not shipped yet. I don't have prime so that could be a reason. I don't use amazon enough to keep prime but had a gift card that took care of the CE. I'm fine with waiting.

Dunno what I'll do about my old switch console. Gamestop on gives $150 for it and I'm not interested in bothering with ebay or facebook classifieds. I like the look of the console, but I only really play Ring Fit at the moment and never go mobile with it.
Sell it to me? ;P

Is anyone's Doom Eternal CE still showing as Delayed from Best Buy?  Was trying to make shipping updates to it but I can't, and I am afraid to call in because I am worried I will lose my GCU discount once they update it since mine expired last month.

Is anyone's Doom Eternal CE still showing as Delayed from Best Buy? Was trying to make shipping updates to it but I can't, and I am afraid to call in because I am worried I will lose my GCU discount once they update it since mine expired last month.
Yes, says shipping delay

Got my Ori today. Opened the box and packaging with gloves because of COVID-19.

Might be extreme, but not taking any chances. I recommend everyone here do the same. You have no idea how many people these things touched.

Got my Ori today. Opened the box and packaging with gloves because of COVID-19.

Might be extreme, but not taking any chances. I recommend everyone here do the same. You have no idea how many people these things touched.
The virus wouldn't even survive the trip without some living being to hold it and spread it.

Is anyone's Doom Eternal CE still showing as Delayed from Best Buy? Was trying to make shipping updates to it but I can't, and I am afraid to call in because I am worried I will lose my GCU discount once they update it since mine expired last month.
Mine's still showing delayed. Tried to update the order just to poke at it and it tried to remove my GCU (which has since expired). Would not be surprised in the slightest if it gets cancelled, BB's track record has not been good for me.

The virus wouldn't even survive the trip without some living being to hold it and spread it.
They are saying the virus can exist for a day on something like cardboard but up to 3 days on flat surfaces. If anything you are protecting yourself from the delivery person who could potentially have spread the virus.
What’s everyone’s take on the design of the ori CE? Im a fan of the elegant design.

Human coronavirus can persist in the environment at room temp for up to a week- they’re not sure about covid-19 but suspect it’s actually longer.

I understand the seriousness of the virus, and I hope everyone affected gets better. But it has actually invaded, ironically, a lot of threads in here with all the talk about it. But its good to learn more and discuss it so we can be safer.

So the Black Version of Daymare 1998 on PS4 that was Europe exclusive now seems to be a GameStop exclusive in North America.

It’s not showing on the app, but it’s in the in store system, preordered it tonight when I picked up The Show. SKU is 213966

As a quick follow-up to my grumbling about losing my GCU access a day early, I've spent multiple hours over the past two days online with their customer service chat, trying to get them to honor the pricing discount one last time. I kept getting noone come on for hours, or would get disconnected or transferred to different people randomly. Beyond frustrating. But I finally got them to apply it for 6 preorders, so I can go to bed a happy man.

Nothing too special, I'm not flush with credit card space. The most expensive item I got was Nioh 2 SE, others it was stuff with rewards, Steelbook, ect. Man I'm tired...

So the Black Version of Daymare 1998 on PS4 that was Europe exclusive now seems to be a GameStop exclusive in North America.

It’s not showing on the app, but it’s in the in store system, preordered it tonight when I picked up The Show. SKU is 213966
$10 more for stickers and character cards?

As a quick follow-up to my grumbling about losing my GCU access a day early, I've spent multiple hours over the past two days online with their customer service chat, trying to get them to honor the pricing discount one last time. I kept getting noone come on for hours, or would get disconnected or transferred to different people randomly. Beyond frustrating. But I finally got them to apply it for 6 preorders, so I can go to bed a happy man.
On my last day, something screwy happened, but I was still able to use it pretty late in the day for new orders. I did cancel something from an existing order at one point and lost GCU on everything remaining in that order while it still remained active for new orders.

$10 more for stickers and character cards?
Looks like it. I'd rather just get the standard edition from Best Buy for $32 with GCU, but since Daymare releases the same day as Trials of Mana and the same month as RE3 and FF7 Remake, I might just wait for a sale.

Nothing too special, I'm not flush with credit card space. The most expensive item I got was Nioh 2 SE, others it was stuff with rewards, Steelbook, ect. Man I'm tired...

Man you got lucky sounds like. My GCU expires in 4 days and I still have yet to get my 25% off coupon, thinking it's not gonna happen. I was hoping it would so I could cancel/reorder Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal using it, but I have a feeling they are withholding it on purpose so I won't do that. I'm sure they aren't but I'd like to think so :)

Man you got lucky sounds like. My GCU expires in 4 days and I still have yet to get my 25% off coupon, thinking it's not gonna happen. I was hoping it would so I could cancel/reorder Animal Crossing and Doom Eternal using it, but I have a feeling they are withholding it on purpose so I won't do that. I'm sure they aren't but I'd like to think so :)
I got my email, but didn't click on the link for in it goes that I can hold on to it for a bit and wait for something good to come up for it. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass..

I was actually going to use it to repurchase a copy of TLOU 2 CE, but that clearly went out the window.

I got my email, but didn't click on the link for in it goes that I can hold on to it for a bit and wait for something good to come up for it. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass..

I was actually going to use it to repurchase a copy of TLOU 2 CE, but that clearly went out the window.
Click on the link and take a screenshot of the code. The link will expire before the code!

There's an expiration date for the code regardless of when you open the code FYI. I opened mine when I got it and have until October or something to use it

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'll do that tonight, email the code and expiration date to myself. And if it only lasts till Oct, I'm sure I'll use it by then, i was just concerned it would Ecole in a week or two if I clicked on it.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'll do that tonight, email the code and expiration date to myself. And if it only lasts till Oct, I'm sure I'll use it by then, i was just concerned it would Ecole in a week or two if I clicked on it.
Just an FYI the 25% coupon does stack with GCU.

On my last day, something screwy happened, but I was still able to use it pretty late in the day for new orders. I did cancel something from an existing order at one point and lost GCU on everything remaining in that order while it still remained active for new orders.
Wait, how did that work? Did the order now ask you for extra payment since it now cost more than it did when the discount still applied?

Great, now I’m nervous. Right before mine ended, I made a massive order of preorders for anything I was even remotely interested in, with the logic that when the time of release came for each game, I could then decide if I wanted to pick it up from the store or cancel it. I did it all in one order because it was down to the wire when I did it and thus didn’t want to trigger any fraud protection holds by making a bunch of relatively high dollar purchases in a row.

Did you talk to customer support about it? And if so, did they fix it?

Click on the link and take a screenshot of the code. The link will expire before the code!
Yes, make sure to do this. I lost my 25% code because of this- coupon didn't expire for months but the link expired after like 3-4 weeks, and BB couldn't do anything about it nor attempted to make up for it.

Well, keep in mind that the coupon only works for a single game, so in that scenario you’d have to choose between Animal Crossing or Doom Eternal.

So, funny/interesting thing I noticed about that 25% coupon email link. After taking a screenshot of the code and copying the text, I kept that webpage open on my phone and would periodically refresh it to see how long it’d last.

Timing-wise the page lasted almost 3 months for me before failing to load. The funny/interesting thing though was that I noticed that whenever it got refreshed, the expiration date got reset to be six months from the day it was refreshed. So while my original expiration date was I think sometime in May, before it stopped working I got it pushed all the way back to September.

Of course, I have no idea if that was affecting the expiration of the actual code itself, or if it was just a glitch of the page it self and my code was really going to only last until that original May date. Given that Best Buy is apparently unhelpful in recovering the coupon for people it’d be a bit risky for someone to test it (and I just used it yesterday besides), but if someone were willing to I’d be curious to know the answer!

Then again, if one were to screenshot the new date each time it got refreshed, I’m sure they could probably use that to make a better case for them if they wanted to dispute it to Best Buy’s help chat should it not work.

Just got this email from Best Buy on the Doom Eternal CE

We wanted to share an update from Bethesda Softworks about your DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition pre-order. The DOOM Eternal Official Game Soundtrack, which forms part of the DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition, will not be available on March 20, 2020 as originally intended.

Collector's Edition owners will receive all other items in the edition, including the ultra-high quality, lossless, digital version of the DOOM (2016) Official Game Soundtrack, on March 20, 2020. Bethesda will provide a digital ultra-high quality, lossless version of the new soundtrack to all fans who purchase the Collector's Edition, and is working on plans to deliver the soundtrack as soon as possible after the release date. Bethesda will notify all Collector's Edition owners who redeem their soundtrack code and will update its official channels as soon as the DOOM Eternal Soundtrack is available. There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you as a Best Buy customer.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

Got the same thing. It was only supposed to come with the digital soundtrack anyway, so I don't understand how it could be delayed? Don't you need the soundtrack files to use in the game? Very confused.

Got the same thing. It was only supposed to come with the digital soundtrack anyway, so I don't understand how it could be delayed? Don't you need the soundtrack files to use in the game? Very confused.
There’s suppose to be a cassette tape shaped USB drive that I think the music was going to be stored on. That’s the physical thing that’s getting delayed I believe.

I just notice I needed to change my shipping address too.
You can click on cancel and support options.
Then in the drop down menu select “ I entered the wrong address”
It will then give you the option to change your address.

Worked on one of my orders, now it is telling me “ order modifications are currently not available for this item”

Wait, how did that work? Did the order now ask you for extra payment since it now cost more than it did when the discount still applied?

Great, now I’m nervous. Right before mine ended, I made a massive order of preorders for anything I was even remotely interested in, with the logic that when the time of release came for each game, I could then decide if I wanted to pick it up from the store or cancel it. I did it all in one order because it was down to the wire when I did it and thus didn’t want to trigger any fraud protection holds by making a bunch of relatively high dollar purchases in a row.

Did you talk to customer support about it? And if so, did they fix it?
I didn't do anything since I could just place another order with the GCU. I cancelled everything in the order with the non-GCU prices and re-ordered. I was worried about cancellations/changes to an order making unwanted pricing updates and placed individual orders for everything else I was remotely interested that was up for pre-order.

I did see that store pickup/shipping changes don't impact GCU prices on existing orders. Cancellations seem like they probably do, though. I'm guessing that since there is a price change they must try to do another pre-authorization or something.

I placed so many orders the day it expired - I think I triggered one fraud alert and eventually Best Buy was making me enter a verification code every other order near the end it.

Finally got my 25% off coupon for my GCU expiring in a few days, was gonna reorder Doom Deluxe with it but of course it's no longer available for shipping.  Bet they doing that shiz on purpose.  I literally have nothing good I can use it on except perhaps cancelling/reordering that Animal Crossing with bag bundle to get it for $29 instead of $64.  Might do that but dunno...

*edit - oh Last of Us 2 CE was back in stock so reordered that for $111 after tax :)

Anyone else think we got shafted on the Nioh 2 box in the US a little? For some reason they gave us a chipboard box with no art inside of a flimsy sleeve when EU/JP got nice artwork on the box itself. 

Amazon still hadn't shipped Ori and had plenty of credit from trading in my old Switch console.  I got it at a local shop and found the Bayoneta/Vanquish steelbook too.  The steelbook is heavier than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back