2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up reordering TLOU 2 CE using the coupon + GCU so it came to $111 shipped. I also went through and preordered any game I thought I may want through the year.
I had actually planned on doing that, as i saw it was back in stock, but that was the day before it was set to expire, and fortunately i tried to do a bunch of preorders for stuff that just had steelbooks/ rewards first, and that was how I found out they killed my discount early. I didn't have to learn that lesson after canceling TLOU 2 first

Getting Best Buy CE with GCU was great. Nothing beats the 20% off discount. Most of the CE today are over priced. That 20% off really made a difference between buying a CE or not, even a regular game at release too.
Exactly. I'm going to try to switch to digital only with PS5 and Xbox Series X (XSX?). I'm running out of room to display games and there's not much incentive to buy physical with all the digital sales.

It'll be a slippery slope for me. Once I start buying physical next gen, I'll have a hard time stopping

Anyone return a steelbook to Amazon.de before? My Ni-oh 2 SB came crushed to death on one side and wondering what cheap options there are to ship this back. Or is it better to just order a new one instead of returning for a replacement?
I got away from de when I ordered a steelbook that came from a third party and wasn't a steelbook at all when I got it. They said to send it back for a refund, I got delivery confirmation for a NY address, and then they claimed to have never got it. I keep finding reasons to not like amazon in general. Don't order flash drives/sd cards from them for sure.

Exactly. I'm going to try to switch to digital only with PS5 and Xbox Series X (XSX?). I'm running out of room to display games and there's not much incentive to buy physical with all the digital sales.

It'll be a slippery slope for me. Once I start buying physical next gen, I'll have a hard time stopping
It's an interesting conundrum. I can see why many people do full-digital these days. But 840gb hard drive space and data caps have made that decision for me. Not much has really changed.

It's an interesting conundrum. I can see why many people do full-digital these days. But 840gb hard drive space and data caps have made that decision for me. Not much has really changed.
Data Caps nuff said bullshit that companies still impose this shit. Especially when certain gaimes are updating on the client end every other week *cough* Call of Duty

Disc-based vs. download doesn't make much (if any) of a difference when it comes to storage constraints, and I think it will only get worse when the next gen systems launch. The internal storage will be blazing fast (which is good) but external storage to play current gen releases will need to be as fast (USB won't cut it) and will not be cheap (which is bad).

Data caps can suck it and I'm glad every day that I don't have one.

As far as the CE's went, i used my GCU to cover TLOU 2, and Cyberpunk. It's expired now, but I have the 25% off in my back pocket for anything down the road, be it Ghost of Tsushima coming back in stock, or something not yet announced.
The Ghost of Tsushima CE is what I used my coupon on. Was debating on using if for that or waiting to see if a Doom Eternal CE would come back in stock before release and use it there...but then the it went out of stock as well. Decided that overall I’d much rather have the Ghost CE (and realize that the coupon discount difference between the two CEs would only come to like $7 and change), so I spent a few days checking the page, and managed to snag one. Was in the process of purchasing it right before nowinstock.net notified me that it was available again, and saw that it was out of stock again right after making the purchase.

Got my Doom CE today and as expected the box is pretty damn big. Steelbook was shipped in a box.
Same for me as well. Steelbook in a box, game was super protected in its original shipping box. Probably where it will stay until I have an office to display the helmet lol.

I bought the game digitally too lol

Damn lol changed the credit card on my Doom Eternal CE at best buy and lost my gcu discount. Had to change it anyways since i had to get a new card a few months ago due to fraud charges..
Both my Doom CE and Steelbook shipped this morning, Sadly, I couldn't edit the address and had to contact Best Buy to do a package intercept and redirect to my home address. Hopefully its a quick change and there won't be too much of a delay getting to me.
If I had seen this sooner, I'd have told you two about my experience with this issue. My GCU expired back around the start of February, so when I changed the card I used for my Doom CE preorder, they wiped the GCU discount. I called customer service and explained the situation. The guy helping me had to contact some other department to verify if my GCU membership was still valid back when I made the order initially. After confirming, he then told me that he would be issuing a partial refund once I picked up the game. I got a confirmation for that in the email at the end of the call. Fast forward to now, and the game is out and waiting in-store for pick up.

I'll go in today to get it and let you guys know if I actually do end up getting that 20% refunded back in the following days. Gotta return my Collector's Edition of Darksiders Genesis anyway.

Looks like Doom Eternal CE might be highly collectible one unless it's because it just released. Prices on ebay are $300-350 right now. Mine from Gamestop won't be here until Monday and they shipped the free tin separate.

Got my Doom Eternal CE from Amazon... really happy with it overall, the helmet is awesome! Only problem is my steelbook has a corner to corner, diagonal slash going right through the middle of the front cover... not sure what to do here, will Amazon do anything? Given the scarcity of these already, am I SOL and will just have to deal with it?

Man, all you guys are lucky to even HAVE the Doom CE.

Preorderd mine Dec. 29, and got the delay email yesterday from BBY: says if it can't be shipped by April 19 they'll cancel my order, my last CE from back when I had GCU.

But I have my steelbook & preorder DC though lol.

Man, all you guys are lucky to even HAVE the Doom CE.

Preorderd mine Dec. 29, and got the delay email yesterday from BBY: says if it can't be shipped by April 19 they'll cancel my order, my last CE from back when I had GCU.

But I have my steelbook & preorder DC though lol.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the coronavirus.

6AGqlKr.jpg

Xenoblade is up

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-works-set-nintendo-switch/6352150.p?skuId=6352150

Also the US gets shafted again, here is UKs CE. artbook, steelbook, vinyl, digital soundtrack and poster

h3TNcHp.png

Anyone know if there are still any open pre-orders in the US for the Persona 5 Royal CE? Or alternatively if the UK one would work fine on a US console?

Awesome, and great job Nintendo for staying physical.  O:)

I'll prolly import this one too.   Been doing that a lot for these awesome EU Nintendo CEs.  Please post UK / EU import links for the CE when you find them.  I've looked on the various European Amazons and don't see one right now. 

Dang was it in stock for a bit today? I must have missed it. Will have to keep checking the.
Checking both Uk and JP Amazon it doesn't look like they even have a listing for them up yet (I could be wrong and may have missed it).
Grabbed the US one at Best Buy with a $10 coupon just in case

Preordered the Japanese CE with my Tenso address. It's at least a Xenoblade steelbook even though it's not the Switch size. Hope I can snag the Europe one

this is the japanese version with the soundtrack steelbook, its up at amazon.jp but wont ship to US, atleast not for NJ. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B086GRG5DD?pf_rd_r=MPVQT5Y3X92VCAX33MCM&pf_rd_p=3d322af3-60ce-4778-b834-9b7ade73f617
71kG8AcHarL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Damn so it looks like the UK version is the one I'm grabbing when it's live, it just comes with more stuff that I would want (why didn't NA get the steelbook!?!?).

That's kinda wierd that the JP steelbook is for the OST?

Xenoblade CE went up in Europe: NintendoUK and Amazon DE

90 pounds on NintendoUK (comes with free aceylic keychain)

110 Euro on Amazon DE

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Zuh? Shows up OOS for me on desktop and phone?
That’s odd. It’s still showing availability for pre order for me on the Best Buy app. I clicked on it and it says one per customer because I already pre ordered one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s odd. It’s still showing availability for pre order for me on the Best Buy app. I clicked on it and it says one per customer because I already pre ordered one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Showing "Coming soon" for me as well. I also ordered one yesterday.

We might be SOL with the Europe Amazon sites for Xenoblade. Seems some are restricting some international shipments so they can focus their resources on getting shipments out to their locals because of the coronavirus.

Can't blame them. Might have to get this on ebay down the line.

As always, even if Amazon says it does not ship to the US, you should attempt to order it anyway.  The WORST that happens is that they cancel your order and refund your money. 

Back when the SNES Classic was announced (simpler times) I put in a pre-order for it on Amazon UK (I liked the Famicom color scheme better) and even though it says "this product does not ship to the US" I received a UK one at launch, and I live in Ohio.

As for the XBC DE it's kind of odd, Amazon DE and Fr have it listed (OOS at the moment) but amazon UK doesn't even have the base version up for PO yet, same situation with a couple of UK retailers as well.  Slow rollout I guess.

US collector's edition up on gamestop
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-work-set/11101695.html

As always, even if Amazon says it does not ship to the US, you should attempt to order it anyway. The WORST that happens is that they cancel your order and refund your money.

Back when the SNES Classic was announced (simpler times) I put in a pre-order for it on Amazon UK (I liked the Famicom color scheme better) and even though it says "this product does not ship to the US" I received a UK one at launch, and I live in Ohio.
I, and others on Twitter, tried ordering from the EU Amazon sites and they didn’t ship to the US...

I, and others on Twitter, tried ordering from the EU Amazon sites and they didn’t ship to the US...
The definitive edition? Does it just prevent you from checking out?

If so then I am at a loss and can only recommend trying a different UK retailer (as I am sure everyone else is trying to do right now anyway)

So shopto allowed US preorders today while Xenoblade LE was up. I was stupid in a hurry and forgot they canceled everyone Links awaking and Astral chain orders for the US. I also stupidly pre paid with PayPal. I read after they like to give shop credit back if they cancel and I will have to deal with support to get money back. My question is do you think it being so many months ago shopto fixed there website and now only allows US orders on products they will actually ship? Or do you think like I do that I’m going to get canceled because shopto never changed anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back