2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s most likely amazon flex dropping off ur packages infront of ur home. They’re like ups they just leave it then go
Still shitty not to even knock quickly, when they're right there, and it's raining out. The customer service was no help, because they didn't have any in stock. I thought about trying to buy a copy from retail and return the water damaged one, but I'm concerned they have the same thing that happened with KH3, store exclusive packaging. The person on the chat said I have a 30 day return window, so I'll just have to wit for ti to come back in stock again, or just return it and lose the pricing I got and hope for a similar sale down the line.

Sorry to hear about everyone’s delays. What’s the chances of them having more of these deluxe editions? Do you think this is it or do they have more stock arriving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say with the bizarre demand patterns we have right now.  But I do recall FFXV's deluxe edition being scare around release but then being pretty common shortly afterward and to this day.

Thankfully my $56 deluxe did finally ship today.

Sorry to hear about everyone’s delays. What’s the chances of them having more of these deluxe editions? Do you think this is it or do they have more stock arriving?

Doubt it, KH3 Deluxe edition ran short during launch but plenty available afterward

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Still shitty not to even knock quickly, when they're right there, and it's raining out. The customer service was no help, because they didn't have any in stock. I thought about trying to buy a copy from retail and return the water damaged one, but I'm concerned they have the same thing that happened with KH3, store exclusive packaging. The person on the chat said I have a 30 day return window, so I'll just have to wit for ti to come back in stock again, or just return it and lose the pricing I got and hope for a similar sale down the line.
Yeah definitely messed up if they delivered while it was raining and still didn’t place it somewhere protected from rain

Hard to say with the bizarre demand patterns we have right now. But I do recall FFXV's deluxe edition being scare around release but then being pretty common shortly afterward and to this day.

Thankfully my $56 deluxe did finally ship today.
Doubt it, KH3 Deluxe edition ran short during launch but plenty available afterward

I feel like this could be different, which is why I'm worried. Neither of those games came out during a time like this and SE did say there's going to be stock shortages of physical copies. Right now, even the standard edition is sold out Amazon and Bestbuy (at least for 250 miles within my location), WM has copies for instore pick up (handful of stores still show stock). Additionally, I feel like I haven't heard as much fan negativity post-release for this that I heard for KH3 or FFXV and with Last of Us 2 delayed, this is arguably the biggest release on the PS4 for the foreseeable future.

GS has both editions in stock but just like the Persona 5 Royal CE, I feel like this is due to GS's royal fuck-ups over how they handle pre-orders/operations in general, leading to pre-ordered copies that are leftover.

For FF7 Deluxe I should have looked to see if there was another option for a steelbook as having the deluxe case hold the plastic as well was useless to me. Also like others my art book had a decent amount of wear. Probably going to get rid of that too. Soundtrack looked decent for a sampler though.

Thanks, Thatoneguywho. Because of your post, i was able to get the Amazon rep to agree to an exchange, so that i can get a less soggy copy without losing that $25 discount I got on it

Preordered back in June and finally shipped this afternoon.  Went from expected 4/17 to 4/14 now 4/15.  On 4/10 release date they had copies available to order with a delivery date of 4/13 Prime shipping.  I definitely get the frustration some of you are having playing the waiting game but, I did get the preorder bonus DLC codes emailed on release date. 

My dlx copy that I ordered in June finally shipped today, eta been showing the 14th for a while...... now it's the 15th :(. I got all my dlc on the 10th tho.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of other CAGs mention the same, they got the DLC on the 10th regardless of when their game shipped (if at all). I haven't gotten either. I don't know if it's because I ordered it when it was a price mistake (my copy is showing up as $65).

Yeah, I've seen a lot of other CAGs mention the same, they got the DLC on the 10th regardless of when their game shipped (if at all). I haven't gotten either. I don't know if it's because I ordered it when it was a price mistake (my copy is showing up as $65).
The double prime discount glitch? I got mines with that price mistake as well, $61 w/tax. Been playing Gravity Rush remastered while waiting, very good game.

The double prime discount glitch? I got mines with that price mistake as well, $61 w/tax. Been playing Gravity Rush remastered while waiting, very good game.
I haven't had Prime in a while so it wasn't that. I don't know what the sale was but it just says multi-buy discount -$20 even though I only bought 1 game. It wasn't a Amazon giftcard or any other credit card discount, I know that for a fact. Pretty sure it was a Buy 2 get $X off deal off but the 2nd game I picked up got canceled for whatever reason.

Still hasnt shipped as set to arrive tomorrow. I'm not hopeful

On the upside, managed to nab a Xenoblade CE and cancelled my one at Gamestop

EDIT:Finally shipped and instantly got pushed back to Wednesday lol

For FF7 Deluxe I should have looked to see if there was another option for a steelbook as having the deluxe case hold the plastic as well was useless to me. Also like others my art book had a decent amount of wear. Probably going to get rid of that too. Soundtrack looked decent for a sampler though.
There's no other option for an official Steelbook. Even the 1st Class Edition from Square Enix direct is just the Deluxe Edition then everything else packaged separate.

It was available at the time I posted this at bestbuy. They become available from time to time

Last of us CE also
I'd love to know the ratio of real gamers buying it, flippers, and people just placeholding a preorder to speculate on the rarity right up until launch.

I'd love to know the ratio of real gamers buying it, flippers, and people just placeholding a preorder to speculate on the rarity right up until launch.
Same. I bought the Last of us CE cuz I’m a big fan. Ellie edition though, will definitely be for flippers. It’s more expensive and rare. Flippers will profit just like with the last of us part 1 CE

Slightly OT, but did anyone make an official strategy guide for FF7R? Seems odd that there isn't one from what I can tell. I know guides really aren't needed these days but still, seemed like most major releases still got one. 

Slightly OT, but did anyone make an official strategy guide for FF7R? Seems odd that there isn't one from what I can tell. I know guides really aren't needed these days but still, seemed like most major releases still got one.
Guides are far-and-few-between nowadays, and I think the two better publishers are working on one project at a time: FuturePress with Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Travel Guide due for release next month) and Piggyback with Cyberpunk 2077 in the fall.

I thought about that too. Unfortunately I don’t see a publisher wanting to make a printed guide since FF7R is so short. If it was a real game and not just ‘chapter 1’, they may have considered it.

I thought about that too. Unfortunately I don’t see a publisher wanting to make a printed guide since FF7R is so short. If it was a real game and not just ‘chapter 1’, they may have considered it.
It is not the complete FFVII story but it is not a short game. FFVII Remake takes about 35-40 hours average to complete which is about the same amount of time it took to complete the entire original FFVII game. Also game companies license out the right to make guides for their game. The publisher don't get to just pick a game and start writing a guide for it. You need access to the game build before anyone else.

Have you actually sat down and play the game yet?

I'm guessing you haven't beat it or ill bet you haven't even played it. Likely scenario is you're just repeating what you've heard others repeat to be on a contrarian bandwagon.

Length has nothing to do with making a guide. They don't get to just decide to play a game before it releases and then make a guide.

It is not the complete FFVII story but it is not a short game. FFVII Remake takes about 35-40 hours average to complete which is about the same amount of time it took to complete the entire original FFVII game. Also game companies license out the right to make guides for their game. The publisher don't get to just pick a game and start writing a guide for it. You need access to the game build before anyone else.

I have not. I've been burnt way too many times buying and playing launch titles, so I quit that years ago. I only kept the FF7R preorder for the deluxe edition as it was my very last best buy GCU preorder. I do plan on playing it one day, when it's functioning correctly without graphics issues and has proper patches.

Lol FF VII remake is not short despite being Midgar only, had they made the entire thing in one go, it'll probably end up being the longest game in gaming history by far for a main scenario. Resident Evil 3 remake, now thats a definition of short.

I have not bought 7 yet, but I have been curious how much of this is watching story, how much is gameplay, and how much is complete padded filler (like 12s hunts, and 13s post game).

You do you. Don't need to leave a turd here for the rest of us. Calling it not a real game is just trolling. +1 to ignore
I admit I was irked to find out this isn't really FF7, which was what the public was led to believe. This should have been titled FF7 part 1, or something of a different name. This is not a remake, just a portion of a game.

I had the same stance when Assassin's Creed Odyssey came out. I'm a long time mega fan of the series, spent thousands in merch, art, clothing, collectibles. Then AC: Odyssey came out and it was a bastardization of the series. I refuse to acknowledge it as an AC canon game, as you play as a mercenary, literally not even an assassin. Is it a fun game? It should be, I played 30 hours and quit. Yet is it a real AC game? Not even close.

I disgres... is this current FF7 a good 'real' game? It could be. Just don't call it what it isn't, a remake of the original game.

I have not bought 7 yet, but I have been curious how much of this is watching story, how much is gameplay, and how much is complete padded filler (like 12s hunts, and 13s post game).
That is what I wonder too. I've watched some videos and read that the city is expended and you can spend 40 hours on this 'extended demo'/chapter 1 of FF7R. Like many modern ubisoft games, how much is fluff and how much is actual story?

Your entitled to your opinion but you have already made your point. You keeping finding different angles to shoehorn in your disdain for this game. I actually didn’t mind the first time because it was something I felt was worth considering but c mon man

Your entitled to your opinion but you have already made your point. You keeping finding different angles to shoehorn in your disdain for this game. I actually didn’t mind the first time because it was something I felt was worth considering but c mon man

I do wish there was a guide, especially a hardcover! It would go well with the original from bradygames from decades ago. I am excited to play this game, though I am waiting for patches/updates and a walkthrough of some sort to determine if there are missables.

Are the graphical issues as bad as I read? As I said previously, I've been burned by broken launch games so I always hold off on playing games close to release, or just buy them down the road. I've been reading on several sites of a supposedly day one patch that never happened.

I'm 10 hrs in (Sector 5, which is like 2 hrs into the PS1 version) and I'll say that some of that time was just me exploring the world... it's amazing, you went through this game once in a static camera but to see it in full 3D is something else. This also means that some of the more simple parts of the original game are now more expanded (such as the dungeons). But I think the biggest time consumption is that the boss battles are hard, even on normal setting. I've had to try at least twice in half the boss battles. And with how the "random" battles are designed, it's not easy to grind (though also not necessary, the battles are hard but so far, they've been fair).

Beyond that, I've done pretty much all the sidequests available to be so far but most of them are repetitive.

With all that said though, even factoring out nostalgia (trust me, this is not the same FFVII- a lot of positive changes but also a lot of Nomura nonsense), so far I'd say this is the best RPG SE put out since... forever. I know I'm still a bit away from the end so this could obviously change.

I admit I was irked to find out this isn't really FF7, which was what the public was led to believe.I
That is 100% untrue. It’s been widely known for a few years that this was only the first part. If you thought different, it’s you’re own fault. Your head was in the sand.

I'm pretty sure it's in all first print amz steelbooks. The one I bought at 39.99 included one, and I placed that order a couple days after release.
Any indication on the package that it’s there? Haven’t opened mine from Amazon and it was an early pro order. No indication it has one inside. I plan on getting into after FF viiR

I got a reply from SE customer support saying they updated the GS contest website & it should start working on Wednesday.

Any indication on the package that it’s there? Haven’t opened mine from Amazon and it was an early pro order. No indication it has one inside. I plan on getting into after FF viiR
No indication on my P5R and I haven't opened it yet, but I hear the card protector sliding inside.

I do wish there was a guide, especially a hardcover! It would go well with the original from bradygames from decades ago. I am excited to play this game, though I am waiting for patches/updates and a walkthrough of some sort to determine if there are missables.

Are the graphical issues as bad as I read? As I said previously, I've been burned by broken launch games so I always hold off on playing games close to release, or just buy them down the road. I've been reading on several sites of a supposedly day one patch that never happened.
FF7R is very linear with chapter select so you won't miss out on collectibles. I think only 2 trophies might requires you to do multiple playthrough if you don't make extra save files.

As for game breaking bug, there is one in Chapter 16, only way to bypass it is to reboot your console.

Honestly I don't see how a printed guide going to help you with this game, it is purely up to personal skills. I didn't get used to the control until Chapter 3-4 so I died PLENTY against bosses in previous chapters. I am looking forward to Hard mode though (no item usage, only healing with Spell or Rest stop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back